Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 (124765 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
caius: pls what do u think of rojo and vargas?

Rojo at 6.0!!! These fpl guys thinks money falls from trees!
That the same price for cahill, terry, kompany, ivanovic and other tested and trusted defenders out there.
Meanwhile, manutd defenders are turning out to be viruses! I just sold-off the one in my team.

#Time-will-tell
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by caius(m): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
i hear u. i think rojo will be good fit for the manutd defence whether 3 or 4 defenders
MaziOmenuko:

Rojo at 6.0!!! These fpl guys thinks money falls from trees!
That the same price for cahill, terry, kompany, ivanovic and other tested and trusted defenders out there.
Meanwhile, manutd defenders are turning out to be viruses! I just sold-off the one in my team.

#Time-will-tell
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
caius: u can change ur squad with the option of one transfer weekly within ur budget

if I make 1 transfer per week will my points be deducted?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by caius(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
No, if u notice that u have FT which means free transfer before cost and bank when u enter the transfer page http://fantasy.premierleague.com/transfers/
Standard007:

if I make 1 transfer per week will my points be deducted?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 12:05am On Aug 22, 2014
caius: No, if u notice that u have FT which means free transfer before cost and bank when u enter the transfer page http://fantasy.premierleague.com/transfers/

don't undastand....... please come again.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by caius(m): 12:10am On Aug 22, 2014
check the http://fantasy.premierleague.com/transfers/ to see FT if u have 1 that means you are yet to use it
Standard007:

don't undastand....... please come again.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Spyde(m): 1:38am On Aug 22, 2014
Pls does anyone knw if fpl has a mobile site dat I cn make quick transfer,I av bin having prob sellin barkley who is injured on d main site and has reduced by 0.1
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 7:14am On Aug 22, 2014
caius: check the http://fantasy.premierleague.com/transfers/ to see FT if u have 1 that means you are yet to use it

I've already used my wild card xo all transfers will be free till deadline.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Standard007(m): 7:18am On Aug 22, 2014
Spyde: Pls does anyone knw if fpl has a mobile site dat I cn make quick transfer,I av bin having prob sellin barkley who is injured on d main site and has reduced by 0.1

try using UC browser, it's d best just dat it sucks mb but not toooo much.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

After ending gameweek 1 with 60pts, I only downgraded Eriksen to Siggy in Gbongan FC so I have this for GW2:

DDG

Baines Wisdom Vlaar

Cesc Mata Siggy Ramsey

Bojan Costa (c) Rooney.

Sub- Caulker! Elhamadi Bruce(doubtful).

I am thinking of using Caulker instead of Wisdom but I will be taking too much risk at the back given Baines vs Arsenal.

Suggestion pls.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2014
mhuyil: Hi Guys,

After ending gameweek 1 with 60pts, I only downgraded Eriksen to Siggy in Gbongan FC so I have this for GW2:

DDG

Baines Wisdom Vlaar

Cesc Mata Siggy Ramsey

Bojan Costa (c) Rooney.

Sub- Caulker! Elhamadi Bruce(doubtful).

I am thinking of using Caulker instead of Wisdom but I will be taking too much risk at the back given Baines vs Arsenal.

Suggestion pls.

This is a league ...and most of all a competition .
You should come up here to boast of your tactical prowess and your coaching ingenuity rather than come to ask questions on how to manage your team/team selection.
Btw...what makes you think my answer to your question above will be the best for u peradventure i am below you on the table and i am also looking for ways to come tops.

my advice :...check the website ,see the player profile and the price rise/fall....and use your intuition to judge.You just might be the best judge.

#My2cents
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Hi tolutweety,

I can easily judge by your response that you are not new to Fantasy league, there is no doubt about your desire to win too. I am however surprised that you're concerned about putting up team cos you should know that little can any worthy winner can do at this stage to entire squad. Using wildcard at this stage is like mortgaging the future.

I know of sites (where people bet) and they still discuss weaknesses in selected team.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
mhuyil:
Suggestion pls.

If I would suggest, I'd say u use the balance u got from Erikson sale to upgrade ur defense. Will cost u an extra point but will add more value to ur defense. Think of chelsea line up, and home fixture against Leicester.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
mhuyil: Hi tolutweety,

I can easily judge by your response that you are not new to Fantasy league, there is no doubt about your desire to win too. I am however surprised that you're concerned about putting up team cos you should know that little can any worthy winner can do at this stage to entire squad. Using wildcard at this stage is like mortgaging the future.

I know of sites (where people bet) and they still discuss weaknesses in selected team.

Bro ...chill !! smiley smiley

The statement bolded is entirely false .This is my very first time playing anything like fantasy league...never had the time before now.
I just see it as a challenge and a game at the same time ...if i lose, i lose # No biggie
Btw, my team wasnt that good too, could only amass 60pts in the first week...yet i decided to use my wildcard the second week bearing the consequences.

Its just fun and a game.
Like i said, i was just expressing myself ....nothing personal.

Safe !!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2014
OK. Mourinho FC!

Regards.

tolutweety:

Bro ...chill !! smiley smiley

The statement bolded is entirely false .This is my very first time playing anything like fantasy league...never had the time before now.
I just see it as a challenge and a game at the same time ...if i lose, i lose # No biggie
Btw, my team wasnt that good too, could only amass 60pts in the first week...yet i decided to use my wildcard the second week bearing the consequences.

Its just fun and a game.
Like i said, i was just expressing myself ....nothing personal.

Safe !!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2014
I'm trebling on Chelsea's attack this weekend...

I'm also gambling on Steven Fletcher breaching the ManYoo defence.

If LVG insists on playing 3 at the back with no decent right wingback, then I fully expect Adam Johnson to exploit that flank and Fletcher to enjoy decent service as a result
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 11:08am On Aug 22, 2014
mhuyil: OK. Mourinho FC!

Regards.

grin grin

looking forward to meeting you...lool

cant wait the clash... wink
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 11:11am On Aug 22, 2014
Interesting graphic from last week's debutants....can they keep it up this weekend?

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 11:12am On Aug 22, 2014
tolutweety:

#My2cents

There's nothing wrong in making this thread an interactive thread; it adds more fun and helps the newbies learn stuffs. I see this as a game for fun and not as a competition; competitions have prices to be won and I don't see any price for this nairaland FPL except a mere bragging right cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

There's nothing wrong in making this thread an interactive thread; it adds more fun and helps the newbies learn stuffs. I see this as a game for fun and not as a competition; competitions have prices to be won and I don't see any price for this nairaland FPL except a mere bragging right cheesygrin

i concur !!

Its more fun when u exercise your bragging right too wink grin.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2014
Nihilist: Interesting graphic from last week's debutants....can they keep it up this weekend?

Fabregas will surely have the highest Return on Investment. Remember he's not new to the league. I am worried he did not play in advance role I expected.
Sanchez is worth keeping in watchlist for now! He needs time and the price may drop when early lovers are frustrated.
Van Aanholt Watchlist and hopefully when he gets favorable fixtures
Diego Costa! A must have in your team. Favored for Captain band for many fixtures
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2014
mhuyil:

Fabregas will surely have the highest Return on Investment. Remember he's not new to the league. I am worried he did not play in advance role I expected.
Sanchez is worth keeping in watchlist for now! He needs time and the price may drop when early lovers are frustrated.
Van Aanholt Watchlist and hopefully when he gets favorable fixtures
Diego Costa! A must have in your team. Favored for Captain band for many fixtures

Do you have to make it so obvious that you visit fantasy football scout?

so many buzzwords in one post...jeez! undecided
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 11:58am On Aug 22, 2014
Nihilist:

forgive him sir.....he's learning grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
GameWeek 1 News
A quick recap of last week's action as we go into game week 2.

In the Nairaland Premier League FC Messre stormed into the lead with 90 points, closely follwed in 2nd place by Intelligesia with 86 points.

The manager of Intelligesia, seyi42k, is no stranger to the NPL having claimed 2012 conference cup,and led Samba FC to a Nairaland FA cup semi final spot and 9th place league finish last year.

He's certainly started brightly this year, and judging by his past exploits, he definitely has to credentials to finish around the top of the league

Atosiney, manager of FC Messre hasn't got the illustrious history of his rival for the top spot, finishing last season with a respectable but average 2087 points. Yet his canny choices in the last gameweek cannot be ignored, and if he can replicate these choices on a consistent basis, there is no reason why he can't continue to challenge for top honours.

In third place, we have Avante Garde FC managed by veteran manager Debosky with 74 points with Team Dre and Funshibaba(72 points each) rounding up the top 4

Last years champions Disvirginators managed by the sun of a beach aka ritchboy lurk in 8th place with 70 points, and are widely expected to break into the top 5 as the season progresses.

Over to the FA Cup, where 14 teams registered wins and while 4 ground out draws.
At the top of the table lies Intelligensia, with Avantgarde, MrPresidentXI, and the Disvirginators making up the top 4

In the Carling Cup, Veteran manager Dare Akinyemi sits on top of the pile with Team Dre, closely followed by another veteran Benny De la Hoya in second place with new Nnukwu Mmanwu FC, after being sacked from former club Mmonso Spiritual FC in the summer following a disastrous 32nd place finish last season. De La Hoya will be looking to get back to winning ways in the carling cup this season, and will be one to watch. Rounding up the top 4 are Akarolo FC and Penguins

Finally in the Conference there were 19 wins and no draws with Lemu FC, Swag FC, Big Test Icles, Ijesha Warriors and MourinhoFC in the top 4

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Standard007:
bros na my first time nah, instead of to pick players I go do auto complete. And besides na nw I undastand d game well. Ready to whip some peoples ass including urs.......... grin grin grin

It's pardonable in your own case. But for veterans like Ibime and A40, huh? I still think game week 1 is insufficient to judge players you want to keep long term. Some players could turn out to be one-hit wonder.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by shorexng: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nihilist: GameWeek 1 News
A quick recap of last week's action as we go into game week 2.

In the Nairaland Premier League FC Messre stormed into the lead with 90 points, closely follwed in 2nd place by Intelligesia with 86 points.

The manager of Intelligesia, seyi42k, is no stranger to the NPL having claimed 2012 conference cup,and led Samba FC to a Nairaland FA cup semi final spot and 9th place league finish last year.

He's certainly started brightly this year, and judging by his past exploits, he definitely has to credentials to finish around the top of the league

Atosiney, manager of FC Messre hasn't got the illustrious history of his rival for the top spot, finishing last season with a respectable but average 2087 points. Yet his canny choices in the last gameweek cannot be ignored, and if he can replicate these choices on a consistent basis, there is no reason why he can't continue to challenge for top honours.

In third place, we have Avante Garde FC managed by veteran manager Debosky with 74 points with Team Dre and Funshibaba(72 points each) rounding up the top 4

Last years champions Disvirginators managed by the sun of a beach aka ritchboy lurk in 8th place with 70 points, and are widely expected to break into the top 5 as the season progresses.

Over to the FA Cup, where 14 teams registered wins and while 4 ground out draws.
At the top of the table lies Intelligensia, with Avantgarde, MrPresidentXI, and the Disvirginators making up the top 4

In the Carling Cup, Veteran manager Dare Akinyemi sits on top of the pile with Team Dre, closely followed by another veteran Benny De la Hoya in second place with new Nnukwu Mmanwu FC, after being sacked from former club Mmonso Spiritual FC in the summer after a disastrous 32nd place finish last season. De La Hoya will be looking to get back to winning ways in the carling cup this season, and will be one to watch. Rounding up the top 4 are Akarolo FC and Penguins

Finally in the Conference there were 19 wins and no draws with Lemu FC, Swag FC, Big Test Icles, Ijesha Warriors and MourinhoFC in the top 4

Kindly mention the JJC's in your recap, especially those of us on page 3. Let's have some moral to keep pushing on :-D
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
The talking points...

Two years ago azpekuliar burst on the scene as a NPL newbie, winning the league in his debut season and the FA cup the season after with Multiple Scorgasms...He has had a poor start to the 14/15 season, currently languishing in 26th place with new club AZ*.

Lord AZ** as he is known professionally, will want to put the slow start behind him, as he pushes his squad for a top 10 finish.

Mukina2 aka Reama Reama of Librans FC is also enduring a shaky start to the season. After finishing in 17th place last year, fans of of Librans FC were expecting a solid start to the season, but after GW1 find themselves in 77th place in the NPL.

Ibime aka Tubobereni Waridabo Ebenibo-Douglas of Ipukulu Marines is BACK!!! Back to losing ways that is...

After dropping out of the Nairaland Premier League midway through the season last year due to poor performance, the Ipukulu Marines were controversially allowed to enter the competition this year. Many voiced opposition to letting poor performing Ipukulu Marines into the competition due to a perceived lack of quality, and sadly it seems the critics might be proved right with the Marines currently sat in 53rd place in the NPL

Veteran manager Ibime once closed a 200point gap to claim a top 5 finish in seasons past, but many suspect that he no longer lacks the ability to compete at the top of the game, and is currently 19/18 at raumdeuter bookies to be the 1st managerial casualty of the season.

Stay tuned to Nihilist news for anything NPL.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
How to join nairaland league in the fantasy. Pls someone shld help me
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nihilist:

You are very right about this! I do, a lot. I feel those new to FFL should visit the site too. Very helpful.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nihilist: The talking points...

Two years ago azpekuliar burst on the scene as a NPL newbie, winning the league in his debut season and the FA cup the season after with Multiple Scorgasms...

That's the motivation i need to win the league...and the conference too !!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nihilist:

Veteran manager Ibime once closed a 200point gap to claim a top 5 finish in seasons past, but many suspect that he no longer lacks the ability to compete at the top of the game, and is currently 19/18 at raumdeuter bookies to be the 1st managerial casualty of the season.

Correction, he closed a 200 point gap to WIN the league in 2012. Comeback of the century. Coogar was me victim. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Ibime(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
U1:

It's pardonable in your own case. But for veterans like Ibime and A40, huh? I still think game week 1 is insufficient to judge players you want to keep long term. Some players could turn out to be one-hit wonder.

Bros, watch your team lemme watch mine. Ibimes style is unique. I have always played WC in the first week and Terminators is yet to finish above Ipukulu

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (92) (Reply)

Real Madrid vs Liverpool : UCL (3 - 1) On 26th May 2018 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.