Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 (121614 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mencade5(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
balotelli out.....haaaaa....disvirginator has been disvirgined.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
lalaboi: The costa captainers are smilling right now. . .

I think after this nobody will believe a costa injury again. .

Just hope sterling outbest him

Like seriously. cheesy But sadly, over-priced folks like Terry, Hazard and Debuchy I have kept faith with all this while won't let it count. To think I'm playing -4 against an Azpekuliar fella with active wildcard. Time for serious house cleaning. For the life of me, I still don't understand how Fabregas keeps on out-scoring Hazard.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
C'mon Guzan, you can do it, you can.

Keep that clean sheet baby, keep it.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bingo!

Guzan on a clean sheet.

Let's roll baby, the weekend just got better cool
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by nitlad: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
The kain free fall wey some ninjas go fall this week eh. . . grin

Astronomical climb for me Warriors! cool
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by azpekuliar: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
U1:

Like seriously. cheesy But sadly, over-priced folks like Terry, Hazard and Debuchy I have kept faith with all this while won't let it count. To think I'm playing -4 against an Azpekuliar fella with active wildcard. Time for serious house cleaning. For the life of me, I still don't understand how Fabregas keeps on out-scoring Hazard.

grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by nitlad: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
It gets better. . .

Bonus points added.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Dhellake: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
White Pele should just get one or two assists tomorrow, and I'll be just fine
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by azpekuliar: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Disvirginators go fit chop this night so... cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by seyi42k(m): 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
U1:

As an arsenal fan, Let me tell you why Fabregas will outscore all chelsea midfielders this season (including Hazard) due to some of the reasons below;

1. Fabregas is like fire in an enclosed space that burns out all oxygen,i.e. as long as Fabregas is allowed to dictate play in any midfield, other midfielder either plays to his rhythm or become ineffective. This means that all creativity goes thru him.

2. Mourinho will never allow Hazard to flourish as he ought to.If you notice, Hazard had a falling out with him this year over increasingly restrictive roles. In my own opinion,Hazard might never reach the height of his potential under Mourinho. Why? Mourinho loves players who are very good at just one particular trait e.g. defend, attack, pass, shoot (Ozil,Drogba,Ronaldo,Lampard) but players who can handle multiple roles (dribble/pass/create) are either wittled down to their bare fuctional minimum (Mikel) or are jettisoned without ever been maximised (Mata).

Therefore as long as Fabregas is the metronome of the chelsea team, Hazard must either become a goal poacher ala Lampard, a scorer like Schurrle, a winger like Willian but not everything. Players like Hazard are usually given room to express themselves without restriction,however that freedom is given to Fabregas and to a lesser extent Oscar. Hazard, I fear might just be an expensive spot on your Fpl team (get Snachez instead if you have the funds).

3.Fabregas is basically an assist machine and he has formed a superb partnership with Costa.

Anyway the points above are my own opinion and should not be taken as fact. The same problem posed by Hazard is the same with that of Mata. i did not choose or bother to choose Mata because of Rooney's undefined role as the first player to usually suffer Rooney's accommodation in Man U's team is Mata or Januzaj. Rooney is just an enigma or headache for Man U coaches. Due to this fact, I did not bother to choose any of them.

I will appreciate other people's thoughts on the matter.

- Intelligesia

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
seyi42k:

As an arsenal fan, Let me tell you why Fabregas will outscore all chelsea midfielders this season (including Hazard) due to some of the reasons below;

1. Fabregas is like fire in an enclosed space that burns out all oxygen,i.e. as long as Fabregas is allowed to dictate play in any midfield, other midfielder either plays to his rhythm or become ineffective. This means that all creativity goes thru him.

2. Mourinho will never allow Hazard to flourish as he ought to.If you notice, Hazard had a falling out with him this year over increasingly restrictive roles. In my own opinion,Hazard might never reach the height of his potential under Mourinho. Why? Mourinho loves players who are very good at just one particular trait e.g. defend, attack, pass, shoot (Ozil,Drogba,Ronaldo,Lampard) but players who can handle multiple roles (dribble/pass/create) are either wittled down to their bare fuctional minimum (Mikel) or are jettisoned without ever been maximised (Mata).

Therefore as long as Fabregas is the metronome of the chelsea team, Hazard must either become a goal poacher ala Lampard, a scorer like Schurrle, a winger like Willian but not everything. Players like Hazard are usually given room to express themselves without restriction,however that freedom is given to Fabregas and to a lesser extent Oscar. Hazard, I fear might just be an expensive spot on your Fpl team (get Snachez instead if you have the funds).

3.Fabregas is basically an assist machine and he has formed a superb partnership with Costa.

Anyway the points above are my own opinion and should not be taken as fact. The same problem posed by Hazard is the same with that of Mata. i did not choose or bother to choose Mata because of Rooney's undefined role as the first player to usually suffer Rooney's accommodation in Man U's team is Mata or Januzaj. Rooney is just an enigma or headache for Man U coaches. Due to this fact, I did not bother to choose any of them.

- Intelligesia

Na Intelligesia you be true true. cheesy In fact, you don sway me more. Just waiting to see what the Hazard guy will do in midweek before swinging the axe. In the meantime, let me start breaking the back of the other guys that have been sitting on my money. No time.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Dhellake: 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
seyi42k:

- Intelligesia
Your analysis of Hazard is totally wrong, last season Hazard was given a free role which hasn't changed, if you saw todays game, you will agree, hazard was busy dribbling from left to right to centre while Fabregas was giving key passes, how then is that the coach's fault, Hazard is the ONLY player that roams freely

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Ibime(m): 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
Disvirginators back down to our level. Season done start!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by coogar: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ibime: Disvirginators back down to our level. Season done start!

why do you revel in the downfall of another? grin

i already told disvirginators that he would fail miserably this season - FPL is like the new champions league, it's unretainable. how can one fall from 2nd to 31st - that's worse than the crash of the twin towers. grin cheesy

my opinion? we should place him on a suicide watch. cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Dhellake: Your analysis of Hazard is totally wrong, last season Hazard was given a free role which hasn't changed, if you saw todays game, you will agree, hazard was busy dribbling from left to right to centre while Fabregas was giving key passes, how then is that the coach's fault, Hazard is the ONLY player that roams freely

I agree with you completely. The fact that he isn't scoring or providing assists for FPL managers doesn't rule out his contribution to the team.He was at his brilliant best in today's match, and save for the 2 assists of cesc to costa,I would have rated him higher compared to the latter.

He s just like Silva in mancity @d moment, not scoring or providing assists,yet,his presence can't but be felt.

Mourinho won't want to do without him...believe me!
FPL managers can decide to trade him off thou
..the choice is ours.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
coogar:

why do you revel in the downfall of another? grin

i already told disvirginators that he would fail miserably this season - FPL is like the new champions league, it's unretainable. how can one fall from 2nd to 31st - that's worse than the crash of the twin towers. grin cheesy

grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nwikys: 5:04am On Sep 14, 2014
I am making up my own rules as the game progresses. Rule number One never put any Liverpool defenders in my backline.
Those guys have been sapping the life out of me, 2pts or 1pt every damn week.
Rule number 2 join the captain bandwagon, i tried to be clever with Sterling as my captain and got 2 points for my troubles while others were getting 34points from Costa. cry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by nitlad: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2014
coogar: why do you revel in the downfall of another? grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mencade5(m): 7:32am On Sep 14, 2014
if this is your captain please click like.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mencade5(m): 7:33am On Sep 14, 2014
Nwikys: I am making up my own rules as the game progresses. Rule number One never put any Liverpool defenders in my backline.
Rule number 2 join the captain bandwagon, i tried to be clever with Sterling as my captain and got 2 points for my troubles while others were getting 34points from Costa. cry
eeeeeeya.....dont worry urself.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mencade5(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2014
Nwikys: I am making up my own rules as the game progresses. Rule number One never put any Liverpool defenders in my backline.
eeeeeeya.....dont worry urself.
So average defeated you abi? A whole average.

Average don break record ooo. First head to head win.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by bandely(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2014
Such a thing can be annoying! When everyone is beating Average, then it gets to your turn and things get bad. There are not much things that are more painful than that! grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by seyi42k(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2014
tolutweety:
I agree with you completely. The fact that he isn't scoring or providing assists for FPL managers doesn't rule out his contribution to the team.He was at his brilliant best in today's match, and save for the 2 assists of cesc to costa,I would have rated him higher compared to the latter.
He s just like Silva in mancity @d moment, not scoring or providing assists,yet,his presence can't but be felt.
Mourinho won't want to do without him...believe me!
FPL managers can decide to trade him off thou
..the choice is ours.
Dhellake: Your analysis of Hazard is totally wrong, last season Hazard was given a free role which hasn't changed, if you saw todays game, you will agree, hazard was busy dribbling from left to right to centre while Fabregas was giving key passes, how then is that the coach's fault, Hazard is the ONLY player that roams freely

Well, it was my own opinion, yet I feel that with the presence of Fabregas & Rooney in their respective teams, FPL Managers will not get the best of Hazard & Mata where unlike last season their respective teams almost solely depended on them for creativity.

While Fabregas was in Arsenal, Hleb and Rosicky did not provide enough goals and assist even though they could effectively do that but become magnetic lodestone around him drawing fouls & creating nuisance to the opposition while Fabregas concentrated on delivering the balls.

I feel that, though Hazard might win a lot of MOTM this season, from an FPL perspective he might not deliver for us. Still, I think Hazard might or will be forced to curb his marauding instinct for the sake of keeping the team's shape.

Anyway, great discussion - Intelligesia
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lalaboi(m): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2014
Imagine. .

Disvirginators will still win his FA cup match with the low scores. . angry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by shorexng: 11:40am On Sep 14, 2014
lalaboi: Imagine. .

Disvirginators will still win his FA cup match with the low scores. . angry
and I have more than a double of his and I'd lose mine :-@
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
falcao and di maria.....bring me the points oooooooo
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nwikys: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
mencade5: eeeeeeya.....dont worry urself.
So average defeated you abi? A whole average.

Average don break record ooo. First head to head win.
LOL average never defeat me ooo but its looking increasingly likely. games today and monday would determine but my chances are very slim.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nwikys: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
bandely: Such a thing can be annoying! When everyone I'd beating Average, then it gets to your turn and things get bad. There are not much things that are more painful than that! grin
Hahaha very funny sad angry cry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by bandely(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
All that is needed is for Man Utd to have a bad day. A clean sheet for QPR and Hull, then this would be a superb week. grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
bandely: All that is needed is for Man Utd to have a bad day. A clean sheet for QPR and Hull, then this would be a superb week. grin
na lie u lie grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by lekkie073(m): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
di maria......
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Goal for Maria.. Assist + goal for Rooney, Its getting better. We can beat D.Costa's record!

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (92) (Reply)

Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History....... / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.