Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 (121711 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Liability(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
azpekuliar:
It's fine when FPL managers come here week-in-week out to sing the praises of Costa, Sigurdson, Fabregas, Sterling etc when they have had a good game week. However, I am left bemused, when managers actually harbour the vain hope that they can somehow close the gap on the leaders with these same "template" players.
That's how to tell managers who know how to play the game, from those who are here to just make up the numbers. The ownership levels of these "template" players is just ridiculous! Costa - 66.3%, Fabregas - 51.3%, Sigurdson - 44%, Sterling - 52.9%. I doubt that past FPL powerhouses like CR7, Lampard and a few other's ever commanded an ownership level as high as 66.3%!

The chasing pack will need to now think outside the box and take more calculated risks with DIFFERENTIALS. A decent GW performance from a differential pick will shoot you up through the rankings. The gravy train only helps you hold your position, but like a car without gas, you can sit in there all day but you ain't goin' no where.

Early last week, when I replaced the suspended Rooney with Sakho, he (Sakho) had an ownership level of just 0.7%. I even had the Captain Armband on him all week, before I switched it, because I felt that might be pushing it a bit too far (a decision I have since come to rue anyway). Despite a Captain fail, I still got a decent green arrow accross the mini-leagues and global leagues.

I recall another instance, in my title winning season. Gareth Bale had one of those injury spells and had been offloaded by hordes of fantasy managers to the point where he had assumed differential status. Ritchboy timed Bale's return to perfection and even captained him. Bale scored a hat-trick and Disvirginators shot up 8 places through the rankings to second place where he was on my tail for the rest of the campaign.

The FPL is a hunting ground where the game ain't gonna be won by just playing it safe for 38 GWs.

In the interim, Intelligesia doesn't seem to be able to run away with it just yet, so it's on!
correct...the same way i captained pelle of southampton two weeks ago.

Thinking outside the box and capitalising on strange players that are not owned by majority is really the key.

Abeg abeg, make somebody catch that intelligesia guy na? Na wa ooo

since week 2 he just dey there. Wetin we dey wait for?

Az, laila (lalaboi), arab contractors, nwiky, branhiac, chamotex, dare2, chukspredo, etc.

Do the needful and let the table change in the top. You have 3 game weeks to do this or....

Make i no talk again ooo
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Liability(m): 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
U1:

You have a point there, but one that had been brought to my attention numerous times. But then, that's a piece of advice that head-to-head-centric fantasy managers like me will often find hard to stick to. Heck, the idea of your opponent giving the armband to Costa, and you to Pelle or Ulloa, as in this past week, could more often than not backfire like say tomorrow no dey. I am more open to differential as a team member than as a captain. As I said, my main focus is on the cup like Everton in the Europa. cool
you don already give up? This is already week 7. You can be the eventual winner of this league.

Remove this bolton wanderers mindset from yourself jor.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by sod09(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Liability:
you don already give up? This is already week 7. You can be the eventual winner of this league.

say d truth.....what's ur gender?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
sod09:
say d truth.....what's ur gender?

`You don't even need a TB Joshua to tell you 'his' gender.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by sod09(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Austeenx:

`You don't even need a TB Joshua to tell you 'his' gender.
u must be a soothsayergrin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by U1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Liability:

Liability, wetin you dey yarn na? We are not talking about liability here o, we dey yarn asset. grin Bolton Wanderers or not, it's the same mindset that won me the FA Cup at Ritchboy's expense two seasons ago.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by seyi42k(m): 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Liability:
correct...the same way i captained pelle of southampton two weeks ago.

Thinking outside the box and capitalising on strange players that are not owned by majority is really the key.

Abeg abeg, make somebody catch that intelligesia guy na? Na wa ooo

since week 2 he just dey there. Wetin we dey wait for?

Az, laila (lalaboi), arab contractors, nwiky, branhiac, chamotex, dare2, chukspredo, etc.

Do the needful and let the table change in the top. You have 3 game weeks to do this or....

Make i no talk again ooo

Catching me is not the issue. Like someone said, this is just week 7. This is my 3rd season and I seek to continually become a better football analyst. As for owning players like Costa, Fabregas, Di Maria and co, I hope that Fpl managers in their search for differentials don't punish themselves.

I use a form strategy for choosing my players, e.g. in chelsea who is in form Fpl wise (Costa & Fabregas) choose them, in search of differential choose Hazard. As an Arsenal fan, I know when Wenger will run a player into the ground. I had jettisoned Ramsey long before he got injured while some managers still held on to him based on his past form.

I also chose Henderson initially till I had to remove him to add other players from other teams, Why? because, Henderson is Liverpool's Ramsey. So, I do not actively seek out differentials and that may be the reason I will be easily caught but I can at least assure myself of consistency.

- intelligesia

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Liability:

Make i no talk again ooo

Mehn, I just dey observe as all managers close to the guy dey drop down after 1 wk like over-ripe mango fruit from the tree. Its like the guy operates an electromagnetic field around himself up there, get close and fall-off. cheesygrin

Anyway, its still early in the season so I'm just bordered with staying close to the leading pack; try to reduce the deficit to single digits.

Risking armbands in search for differentials can be risky. Rooney has always been on point until he decided to kung-fu his opponent. Falcao did well for me this week, but I must say at a point, I got worried until he later scored. The large percentage ownership is as a result of consistency shown by the said players. With time, injuries will creep in, other players and options will be available and the game will become more flexible and not built around a certain players. I see some managers already switching to 3-5-2 so as to accommodate Hazard in the midfield.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2014
I had my eyes on Intelligesia when I was second on the log so I took risk and I am 5th now! It is safe to seek differentials if your overall points can cushion the shock, otherwise use template team! I am still searching for Mourinho FC!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2014
mhuyil:
I had my eyes on Intelligesia when I was second on the log so I took risk and I am 5th now! It is safe to seek differentials if your overall points can cushion the shock, otherwise use template team! I am still searching for Mourinho FC!

I am here..check the last team on the first page.

I took a risk in search of differentials and the result i got put me on the 2nd page of the league for 2weeks....still recovering from the fall !
I 'ld rather seek a differential with the normal players n not my captain #LessonLearnt#
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by nitlad: 10:26am On Oct 08, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by etingi(m): 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
How true is the news that ozil is sidelined for 3months goal.com
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
etingi:
How true is the news that ozil is sidelined for 3months goal.com

Very true.

As an Arsenal fan, Ozil's injury is the best news I've heard in a long while.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
`Costa just finished grabbing a treble against Slovakia. grin
Fabregas made 2 assists, Santi, 1. grin

...100 points!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by sod09(m): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2014
oluamid:

Very true.

As an Arsenal fan, Ozil's injury is the best news I've heard in a long while.
DAT makes both of us. can't wait for wilshere to join him
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by mhuyil: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
tolutweety:

I am here..check the last team on the first page.

I took a risk in search of differentials and the result i got put me on the 2nd page of the league for 2weeks....still recovering from the fall !
I 'ld rather seek a differential with the normal players n not my captain #LessonLearnt#

grin grin grin Eeya, Pele.

Don't make transfer until the international break is over. Too many injuries
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Lovren injured! Thank goodness! The over-grown tout will be auctioned to the lowest bidder!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
^^ grin grin grin

azpekuliar:
It's fine when FPL managers come here week-in-week out to sing the praises of Costa, Sigurdson, Fabregas, Sterling etc when they have had a good game week. However, I am left bemused, when managers actually harbour the vain hope that they can somehow close the gap on the leaders with these same "template" players.
That's how to tell managers who know how to play the game, from those who are here to just make up the numbers. The ownership levels of these "template" players is just ridiculous! Costa - 66.3%, Fabregas - 51.3%, Sigurdson - 44%, Sterling - 52.9%. I doubt that past FPL powerhouses like CR7, Lampard and a few other's ever commanded an ownership level as high as 66.3%!

The chasing pack will need to now think outside the box and take more calculated risks with DIFFERENTIALS. A decent GW performance from a differential pick will shoot you up through the rankings. The gravy train only helps you hold your position, but like a car without gas, you can sit in there all day but you ain't goin' no where.

Early last week, when I replaced the suspended Rooney with Sakho, he (Sakho) had an ownership level of just 0.7%. I even had the Captain Armband on him all week, before I switched it, because I felt that might be pushing it a bit too far (a decision I have since come to rue anyway). Despite a Captain fail, I still got a decent green arrow accross the mini-leagues and global leagues.

I recall another instance, in my title winning season. Gareth Bale had one of those injury spells and had been offloaded by hordes of fantasy managers to the point where he had assumed differential status. Ritchboy timed Bale's return to perfection and even captained him. Bale scored a hat-trick and Disvirginators shot up 8 places through the rankings to second place where he was on my tail for the rest of the campaign.

The FPL is a hunting ground where the game ain't gonna be won by just playing it safe for 38 GWs.

In the interim, Intelligesia doesn't seem to be able to run away with it just yet, so it's on!

Common sense demands that you do the needful and that's going with the players who're in-form.

Would you jettison shakers like Costa, Cesc, Ivanovic, Aguero et al for ninjas like Ulloa, Pelle etc whose forms are as fickle as the English climate, all in the name of thinking outside the box?

Azpe if there's any thinking outside the box that needs to be done at the moment, it sure has to be making the right choice of captain, right choice of players and the right choice of formation everyother weekend.

Those are the areas that would serve as an edge for you over others at the moment.

One can get useless whilst trying to be different grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by azpekuliar: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2014
AirborneLacer:
^^ grin grin grin

Common sense demands that you do the needful and that's going with the players who're in-form.

Would you jettison shakers like Costa, Cesc, Ivanovic, Aguero et al for ninjas like Ulloa, Pelle etc whose forms are as fickle as the English climate, all in the name of thinking outside the box?

Azpe if there's any thinking outside the box that needs to be done at the moment, it sure has to be making the right choice of captain, right choice of players and the right choice of formation everyother weekend.

Those are the areas that would serve as an edge for you over others at the moment.

One can get useless whilst trying to be different grin grin cheesy

Check my team, I'm not in anyway implying that these form players should be jettisoned, haba! That will be FPL suicide. cheesy I aim to catch up with the early leaders, and one way is to spot and sign those form players who are flying well under everyone else's radar. This does not mean sign up a Sanogo or a Darren Bent for instance. grin El Guapo, we know this is beyond you. Managers of a higher skill set than you, know this how to use it to their advantage. tongue
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 14, 2014
azpekuliar:

Check my team, I'm not in anyway implying that these form players should be jettisoned, haba! That will be FPL suicide. cheesy I aim to catch up with the early leaders, and one way is to spot and sign those form players who are flying well under everyone else's radar. This does not mean sign up a Sanogo or a Darren Bent for instance. grin El Guapo, we know this is beyond you. Managers of a higher skill set than you, know this and know how to use it to their advantage. tongue

Still, those players' consistency is something you can't trust.

No one is flying under anyone's radar, shey we no dey watch EPL every week?

So na who and who be the managers wey get the higher skill set? Must be same Ibime and Ritchboy who are finding it pretty tough to make first page grin cheesy

Niggas who ran the coast in the 90s!

Skill set ko dribble set ni.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Still, those players' consistency is something you can't trust.

So na who and who be the managers wey get the higher skill set? Must be same Ibime and Ritchboy who are finding it pretty tough to make first page grin cheesy

why cant i like your post more than once sad sad
I don dash u one like , help manage am ! You talk write sense.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by MaziOmenuko: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
AirborneLacer:

This is blasphemy in 3-D! How dare you!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

This is blasphemy in 3-D! How dare you!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2014
Siggurdson has gone up by 1.5 since I got him.

It's time to ditch him for Downing who's 1 full point cheaper and owned by only 5.5% of the population

Downing creates more chances per game than Siggurdson and has colonized corners at West Ham. He has also been move inward from a flank position to a number 10 position.

You niggas heard it here first. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by dare2think: 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
Nihilist:

It's time to ditch him for Downing who's 1 full point cheaper and owned by only 5.5% of the population

Downing creates more chances per game than Siggurdson and has colonized corners at West Ham. He has also been move inward from a flank position to a number 10 position.

Just 2 hours ago I bought Downing!

funny I thought I was the only one with this thought process!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by azpekuliar: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2014
AirborneLacer:

How you wan take see am?

We identify the next bandwagons, while you ninjas just hop on them. Then we enjoy the price rises and soaring Team Values. cool

So I suggest you wait a tad bit late as usual for the next one. tongue
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2014
azpekuliar:

How you wan take see am?

We identify the next bandwagons, while you ninjas just hop on them. Then we enjoy the price rises and soaring Team Values. cool

So I suggest you wait a tad bit late as usual for the next one. tongue

Hope to hear you've signed up Calum Chambers anytime soon. wink
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
AirborneLacer:

This is why you will never succeed in FPL. We just warming up and you think the race is finished.

Nihilist:

Thís is why you will never succeed in FPL. SMH.

Even with the price rise you do realise that ninja is the top performing midfielder right? You claim his market has peaked when pound-for-point, he has the output of a £11m midfielder.You cashed your chips too early nigga!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nihilist: 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ibime:

Thís is why you will never succeed in FPL. SMH.

Even with the price rise you do realise that ninja is the top performing midfielder right? You claim his market has peaked when pound-for-point, he has the output of a £11m midfielder.You cashed your chips too early nigga!

You wey I outscore comfortably for the last 2 seasons?
Even now sef our 2 dey drag 2nd page together, but you wan dey form Ayo Oritsejafor

Anyway, I'm hedging my bets. I've already got 3 popular big name midfielders in my team. Siggurdson's ownership numbers mean I have get someone new in to steal on march on the leaders.

And I've looked at the statistics, Siggurdson's numbers are unsustainable. His assist numbers don't correlate with the amount of chances he creates and the rate he creates them at.

Downing's chances created numbers are pushing into Di Maria territory and with West Ham facing Burnley and Stoke in their next 3, I would be missing a trick if I don't get that nigga in my team.

My main goal at the moment is to extricate cash here and there so that I can cop Ivanovic in a few weeks....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by tolutweety(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nihilist:

You wey I outscore comfortably for the last 2 seasons?
Even now sef our 2 dey drag 2nd page together, but you wan dey form Ayo Oritsejafor

grin grin grin grin ...that is EPIC !!!

i don laff fall down from okro tree... grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Tubobereni Waridabo Ebenibo-Douglas wey follow niggas park for second page dey talk about 'warming up' grin grin

Warming ke, steaming nko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (92) (Reply)

Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History....... / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Barcelona Vs PSG UCL (6 - 1) On 8th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.