Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers (8344 Views)

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals / Strictly Drummers Forum / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
stdavidsally: That's Mee!
that drum.set is crazily padded...... nice
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by drumma(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
Nice one... but for all you people dropping american drum licks for amateurs to learn biko try and understand they are not learning to become a drum percussionist...... Groove is what most Nigerian drummers lack from my little experience and that is attributed to the people they listen to or better still try to emulate..... Creativity defines your style.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Microtee(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
kingvicking: [color=#006600][/color] my fav. Groove is funk, I can easily bring in fills, diddles, solo work etc
Pls bro,Kindly explain to me the meaning of paradiddle,groove and others pls
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Profayo: 9:19am On Jul 23, 2014
kingvicking:

If you can afford to buy music materials on drums (disk and handout) from a school like Peter king College of music, it will help you a long way

Thanks,buy where is that?
I mean peter king
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by 9jahubcom(m): 9:25am On Jul 23, 2014
I play 4 fun. Enjoy d piano and bass more
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2014
One day one day, I will show my love for music and instruments..
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by habayommy: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Gabson91: i learnt drumin myself durin service in zamfara,der was no one to play d drum so i appeared n was d local champion till a guy came frm batch b,bro victor,wen he plays i stood wondrin if i cul eva play lik dat,no sweat,it flows,it was in him, my problem till today is rolling,i find it hard

You just said my mind. I find it difficult to roll and freestyle. Any help please.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by emilo26(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Am an intermediate drummer, can play all also all beats. i love the naija flavour of drumming more. Any show available or churches one can play for? i will suggest we also bring out the business side of us.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by 1miccza: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2014
I drum to an extent. Before I had a slight accident,I loved the konga and drum sets.. But Op all these your drum pictures wey full with only high hart eh!! I am still looking for where to keep on practising though..
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Kinkale(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2014
FINALY! WAT AV BIN LUKING 4.. AM A LEARNA SHAA.. AI NID NJA LECTURES.. WERE CAN AI GET IT?
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by samuelekundayo: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ma first bass. Where are ma fellow bassists?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
we talking drummers nko bai.....? good in playing drums too buh I'm a veteran in TD...
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by bidexmat(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tomiwatosin: Hello every one here,please let's talk about our drumming life either as a career or just Fǿя̩̥̊ fun. As Fǿя̩̥̊ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥,I see drums both as a career and Fǿя̩̥̊ fun coz I really do enjoy being on drums 24/7. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ favourite stick is Regaltip 5b and Vicfirth 7A.M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ best drums are Tama,Peavey,DW,Yamaha,Pearl and Peak. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ favourite beat is 3/4 and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mentors are K-sticks,Mario,Irebolaji,Tony Royster,Dave Weck,Kelly Rodgers,John Blackwell and Jerry Stone. Please kindly share your wulexperience here and let we the upcoming drummer learn from you people.
quite knowledgeable in regards to the world of drums buh never heard of kelly rodgers as a world reknown drummer. ..do knw calvin rodger tho. and yea.. royster jr is got kicks and incredible paradiddles, precised synchopations and seperations.... their are other sick drummers lyk teddy cambell, kevin camps, chris coleman( coleman is a monster on drums man), tom lee, travis barker( plays for TI), Aaron spears ( usher's drummer.. . god of hi- hat), omar hakim, baad kolstad, thomas pridgen, stephen perkins, jp bouvet, last year's V-drums contest national finals- grand champion otis williams amongst many others. sometimes they make u surmises they ain't humans. my genre is just neo soul gospel and jazz. thanks to the lyks of erika badu, kedar massenburg the divergers.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by DonaldTrump(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
mehn I am very passionate about drumming.drumming for me is a zone,dat once u get into d zone u lose control and in d process do crazy skills wit ur sticks.it is one of those specializations that requires heavy thinking and highly creative individuals.my interest in drumming started from childhood,like watchin al dos egbons dem play in church.i was always d official drummer frm my primary down to secondary school days.currently playing for my church,travelled a couple of times for concerts and shows..i also play a little bit of keyboard...am workin on learnin d bass guitar soon..Drumming Is My Life.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by kingvicking(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
Microtee: Pls bro,Kindly explain to me the meaning of paradiddle,groove and others pls

Groove is a constant beat style creating a rythmn, fill is much like a free style you just play to fill up a vacant space still minding your time signature
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Microtee(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingvicking:

Groove is a constant beat style creating a rythmn, fill is much like a free style you just play to fill up a vacant space still minding your time signature
Thanks bro.What do u think i can do that will make drumming easier for a novice like me bro?
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Microtee(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
emilo26: Am an intermediate drummer, can play all also all beats. i love the naija flavour of drumming more. Any show available or churches one can play for? i will suggest we also bring out the business side of us.
Oga emilo,u don reach here from drummer boy again.Na u oO.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by emilo26(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Microtee: Oga emilo,u don reach here from drummer boy again.Na u oO.

Wetin brother go do now. i go try upload for the drummer boy story tonight
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Microtee(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
bidexmat: quite knowledgeable in regards to the world of drums buh never heard of kelly rodgers as a world reknown drummer. ..do knw calvin rodger tho. and yea.. royster jr is got kicks and incredible paradiddles, precised synchopations and seperations.... their are other sick drummers lyk teddy cambell, kevin camps, chris coleman( coleman is a monster on drums man), tom lee, travis barker( plays for TI), Aaron spears ( usher's drummer.. . god of hi- hat), omar hakim, baad kolstad, thomas pridgen, stephen perkins, jp bouvet, last year's V-drums contest national finals- grand champion otis williams amongst many others. sometimes they make u surmises they ain't humans. my genre is just neo soul gospel and jazz. thanks to the lyks of erika badu, kedar massenburg the divergers.
Pls kindly explain to me the meaning of paradiddle and genre.I'm a novice.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Microtee(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
emilo26:

Wetin brother go do now. i go try upload for the drummer boy story tonight
I dy wait 4 d story,Pls what can i do that wil mk drumming very easy for me?
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by ajibadeol(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
is drumming all about brass? i wonder if somebody can touch all those cymbals in a single song
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by gabrielmorinho(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Gabson91: i learnt drumin myself durin service in zamfara,der was no one to play d drum so i appeared n was d local champion till a guy came frm batch b,bro victor,wen he plays i stood wondrin if i cul eva play lik dat,no sweat,it flows,it was in him, my problem till today is rolling,i find it hard
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by gabrielmorinho(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
ok, rolling is not as difficult as u think. its a thing of the mind. its an expression of creativity. from my little experience, every prof. drummer has a particular rolling style that makes him unique. u could hear him repeat it time to time.

drumming is a broad field but one my never know till he get started.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by gabrielmorinho(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
house, do u c it ideal for female to drum? To me, i dont buy it at all. Am a drummer in RCCG choir and female brethrens do ask me to teach them but i cant imagine a sister in a skirt sitting and drumming. Its odd. they could nt open there legs well to tap the pedals of the kick and highhat.
i am not encouraged to teach them as i c it as time wasting.
i find great joy in teaching the guys.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by bidexmat(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
Microtee: Pls kindly explain to me the meaning of paradiddle and genre.I'm a novice.
it is a technical exercise A.K.A 'rudiment' performed on a drum...( Of which learning the basics starts wiv the snare).. by a drummer, consisting of an alternating pattern using both left and right hands. There are many types of Paradiddle, for example:
(R= right hand L= left hand)
Standard Paradiddle: RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL
Inverted Paradiddle: RLLR LRRL RLLR LRRL
Paradiddlediddle: RLRRLL RLRRLL RLRRLL RLRRLL. U fit check dave weckl's video lessons on youtube.
Genre refers to the style of music. "Rock" is a music genre, as is country, reggae, classical, jazz and so on. To understand better what genre is in music, it is helpful to think in terms of top level genres and sub-genre. You could take, for instance, the genre of rock. Rock is a very broad term that encompasses many different types of music - some of which are actually pretty divergent from one another. Punk, indie, shoegaze, metal and many, many more all fall under the top level genre category of rock but can each be considered individual sub-genres.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Infoay: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
ohhhh... I love drumming for real.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by kingvicking(m): 6:50am On Jul 24, 2014
Microtee: Thanks bro.What do u think i can do that will make drumming easier for a novice like me bro?

Listen to gospel praise (high praise not those studio work o)
Try rehearsing stuffs you hear other drummers play,
Work on your stickings single strokes, double, triplets etc
Work on speed development.
You can also download videos on kick development by John Blackwell or Dave Weckl.
Get a drum stick and rehearse with your pillow ( or drums pad if you can afford one)
2 things you should always know are
1. The more you think about drums, the more you get to know about it.
2. The is no one you can't learn from, either a beginner, intermediate or pro
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by Microtee(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
kingvicking:

Listen to gospel praise (high praise not those studio work o)
Try rehearsing stuffs you hear other drummers play,
Work on your stickings single strokes, double, triplets etc
Work on speed development.
You can also download videos on kick development by John Blackwell or Dave Weckl.
Get a drum stick and rehearse with your pillow ( or drums pad if you can afford one)
2 things you should always know are
1. The more you think about drums, the more you get to know about it.
2. The is no one you can't learn from, either a beginner, intermediate or pro
Thanks alot bro.I do dream about drums self.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by bbdrown: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
Tomiwatosin: Hello every one here,please let's talk about our drumming life either as a career or just Fǿя̩̥̊ fun. As Fǿя̩̥̊ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥,I see drums both as a career and Fǿя̩̥̊ fun coz I really do enjoy being on drums 24/7. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ favourite stick is Regaltip 5b and Vicfirth 7A.M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ best drums are Tama,Peavey,DW,Yamaha,Pearl and Peak. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ favourite beat is 3/4 and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mentors are K-sticks,Mario,Irebolaji,Tony Royster,Dave Weck,Kelly Rodgers,John Blackwell and Jerry Stone. Please kindly share your experience here and let we the upcoming drummer learn from you people.
OP, I play drums well...more than average. But my challenge is d technical names you give beats eg the 3/4 u mentioned. Do u have a tutorial on that? Any other person shd kindly help me out here. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by amhackdee(m): 8:52am On Sep 13, 2014
#dax me

Re: A Thread For Professional And Upcoming Drummers by kingvicking(m): 9:53am On Oct 22, 2014
kurajordan:
Well I knw how to play drums but I don't hv good stickings,plz where can I get videos of drums stickings?

Rehearse the drums rudiments and ur stickings will automatically improve

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO : Shy – D’banj / Yemi Alade - Tomorrow (Official Music Video) / Tobisneh Ft Mohbad & Zinoleesky - Time No Dey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.