Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp (6674 Views)

Lagos Seizes Expired Fish From Indian Company / Are Bald Or About To? Grow Your Hair From The Inside. / Rice Variants For Diabetic Patients, Weight Watchers And Health Conscious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by chibecanglobal(m): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
A German court
ruled on Tuesday that some people
suffering from chronic pain should
be able to cultivate their own
cannabis "for therapeutic purposes".
Five people suffering from chronic
pain brought the complaint to a
court in Cologne after Germany's
Federal Institute for Drugs and
Medical Devices (BfArM) refused
them permission to grow the plant
at home.
The court said the BfArM had to
reconsider three of the requests that
it had rejected.
While the plaintiffs all had permits
to buy and consume cannabis for
therapeutic purposes, they wanted to
cultivate their own because they
could not afford to purchase the
drug and their health insurance did
not cover it.
The court said three of the plaintiffs
met the requirements to produce
the drug because it was "sufficiently
certain" that third parties would not
be able to access the plants and
products.
"Until now it has not been legal for
anyone to grow cannabis at home
but these seriously ill people will
now be allowed to," court
spokeswoman Stefanie Seifert said,
adding that it nonetheless remained
illegal for others to grow it.
"This is not a carte blanche for
everyone to start growing cannabis
at home - they have to be seriously
ill people for whom nothing else
works other than cannabis."
The complaints brought by the other
two plaintiffs were rejected - the
first because the court was not
satisfied that unauthorized persons
could be prevented from accessing
the plants and the second because
the court did not think the plaintiff
had exhausted all other treatment
options.
The court stressed that it was
necessary to assess whether
individuals met the requirements to
grow their own cannabis on an case-
by-case basis.
www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0FR1FK20140722?irpc=932

1 Like

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Pavore9: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Try it Nigeria....lf l hear!.
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by chibecanglobal(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
Pavore9: Try it Nigeria....lf l hear!.
Does it mean that canabis is beneficial health-wise?

1 Like

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Alajiki(m): 5:09am On Jul 24, 2014
Uhmmm...well, there's no doubt that the privilege won't be abused. If it were to be my dear Naija, all of them would soon be wholesalers.

7 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Warlord3000(m): 5:10am On Jul 24, 2014
Oh boy... See free access for my people..

#singing...

Marlon Asher - - am a ganja planter, call me the ganja farmer wink

1 Like

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by M4gunners: 5:13am On Jul 24, 2014
Those allowed to do this are b/w life and death.Germany don'tplay with drug at all.
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by YoursGEJ(m): 5:19am On Jul 24, 2014
So how do they know who is suffering from chronic pain because as I dey so e be like say my ear dey pain me. When can I start planting?
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by RichDad1(m): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2014
For therapeutic purposes you say? They'll soon be so High that His Royal Highness will become a permanent Prefix.
In the mean time....

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by sammieguze(m): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2014
Ganjaweeds
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by curiouses: 5:25am On Jul 24, 2014
It's a gradual process, Rome wasn't built in a day. It'll be allowed to be planted everywhere so that future occurrences of illness that could be cured with Marry J can be averted

1 Like

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by iluvweed(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2014
Yeah....I've got severe Insomnia and its only weed that can cure it.... angry......I already have my Medical marijuana card.... wink

4 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Emmy3(m): 5:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Laws are not made in court.
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by YoursGEJ(m): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Edwardhead(m): 5:45am On Jul 24, 2014
grin grin
SOME GERMANS WILL NOW START FALLING SICK

2 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by newacca: 5:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Good one for Germany.

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by akunjohn(m): 6:01am On Jul 24, 2014
So how do they know who is suffering from chronic pain because as I dey so e be like say my ear dey pain me. When can I start planting?

Report ursself to NDLEA,Dem go give u hearing aid.

1 Like

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by emaxadey(m): 6:04am On Jul 24, 2014
wink jona give us the chance
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by emaxadey(m): 6:04am On Jul 24, 2014
kush grin
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Bertbert: 6:43am On Jul 24, 2014
Legalize it and i will advertise it.
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by BrAkingNews: 6:46am On Jul 24, 2014
hmm
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by tomsongz(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2014
when would this nation start making laws that would favour d common man
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2014
Very funny
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2014
chibecanglobal: Does it mean that canabis is beneficial health-wise?

Google it man, you would be surprised.
In my opinion Weed is much better than Alcohol.

10 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by fyneboi79(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2014
wallflower:

Google it man, you would be surprised.
In my opinion Weed is much better than Alcohol.
I feel you bro. Alcohol has many unpleasant after effects but this leaf just relaxes those frayed nerves. grin

5 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by fyneboi79(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2014
chibecanglobal: Does it mean that canabis is beneficial health-wise?
Yes it is beneficial health wise.But the problem is d after effect which is the "highness" it brings which makes some people destructive.
But malaria tablets brings about dizziness and some drugs make one lose muscular control for some time,but is still in use. so what's d big deal about this particular drug called cannabis
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by jauntty: 8:03am On Jul 24, 2014
Interesting.
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Consultville(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2014
Pls don't adopt that in Nigeria ooo
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 24, 2014
fyneboi79: Yes it is beneficial health wise.But the problem is d after effect which is the "highness" it brings which makes some people destructive.
But malaria tablets brings about dizziness and some drugs make one lose muscular control for some time,but is still in use. so what's d big deal about this particular drug called cannabis

I haven't met anybody that it makes destructive, in fact it makes people less aggressive, compared to alcohol that just makes people crazy. I smoke weed, some of my friends smoke weed but we're functioning members of society, Albert Einstein smoked weed and he was a genius. My point is anything can be bad if you do it in excess.

3 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by fyneboi79(m): 8:55am On Jul 24, 2014
wallflower:

I haven't met anybody that it makes destructive, in fact it makes people less aggressive, compared to alcohol that just makes people crazy. I smoke weed, some of my friends smoke weed but we're functioning members of society, Albert Einstein smoked weed and he was a genius. My point is anything can be bad if you do it in excess.
Yes my brother ,I share ur views about weed but in my own theory I believe weed makes an intelligent person a genius at work,but also makes a below average IQ person an utter f00l.

8 Likes

Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by experimentist: 9:07am On Jul 24, 2014
chibecanglobal: A German court
ruled on Tuesday that some people
suffering from chronic pain should
be able to cultivate their own
cannabis "for therapeutic purposes".
Five people suffering from chronic
pain brought the complaint to a
court in Cologne after Germany's
Federal Institute for Drugs and
Medical Devices (BfArM) refused
them permission to grow the plant
at home.
The court said the BfArM had to
reconsider three of the requests that
it had rejected.
While the plaintiffs all had permits
to buy and consume cannabis for
therapeutic purposes, they wanted to
cultivate their own because they
could not afford to purchase the
drug and their health insurance did
not cover it.
The court said three of the plaintiffs
met the requirements to produce
the drug because it was "sufficiently
certain" that third parties would not
be able to access the plants and
products.
"Until now it has not been legal for
anyone to grow cannabis at home
but these seriously ill people will
now be allowed to," court
spokeswoman Stefanie Seifert said,
adding that it nonetheless remained
illegal for others to grow it.
"This is not a carte blanche for
everyone to start growing cannabis
at home - they have to be seriously
ill people for whom nothing else
works other than cannabis."
The complaints brought by the other
two plaintiffs were rejected - the
first because the court was not
satisfied that unauthorized persons
could be prevented from accessing
the plants and the second because
the court did not think the plaintiff
had exhausted all other treatment
options.
The court stressed that it was
necessary to assess whether
individuals met the requirements to
grow their own cannabis on an case-
by-case basis.
www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0FR1FK20140722?irpc=932
If government like make dem no permit am, me deh grow my own here for Naija.. NDLEA catch me if you cyaan..
Re: Germany Allows Seriously Ill Patients To Grow Their Own Indian-hemp by deavicky(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2014
fyneboi79: Yes it is beneficial health wise.But the problem is d after effect which is the "highness" it brings which makes some people destructive.
they don bring topic for una. Continue to smoke am. For ur information this ppl no dey smoke am o, they dey cook am eat

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! / Cockroaches Are Edible And Healthy To Eat, Find Out Why You Should Eat Them / Health, Skin & Hair Benefits Of Raw & Unrefined Shea Butter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.