Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

How Many Greek Legends Were Really True - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Greek Legends Were Really True (11059 Views)

SALARY: Is This Really True? (photo) / Is This Really True About Female Circumcision? / Fulani/ Hausa Myths, Mythology And Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by donlyone(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2014
Kalvan: Amazing.

Next up: the myth, the falsehoods, the bible.

If only I could go back in time and burn that book and its writers.

Wiser people have tried to disproof the Bible but only ended up confirming its authenticity.

Rulers have tried to destroy it for centuries even when books were few and education was low. With all the books they burned and all the people they killed, the bible is still here.

There is no book like the Bible.

Good luck with your burning.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by ichidodo: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2014
sarutobie:
this^..the city of troy existed, archaeologists proved that. the battle at thermopylae (also known as the hot gates) also happened a few hundred years before christ(480-479 Bc)
Ofcourse,but you will agree with me that Leonidas never charged or held down a persian force of 1000,000 as it was said in the legends.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by mike404(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014
WAIT LEMME CONSULT SOCRATES IN THE GRAVE
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by valeroy(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Owobobrown: sparta with the realest and baddest nigga kratos GOD OF WAR
..love this game
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by JEITO: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2014

. What a shame you can't go back. I'm sure you will live with the regret all your life and in death, you will regret it even more.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by JEITO: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2014
JustCare: Yes! most of what is stated here really took place!
The Greek gods ain't myth ...Olympus, Zeus, Valhalla, Odyssey etc.
Many of this legends are true ...more especially when it talks about the enlightened and their clique (cult).

Great and seeing men lived then, even great things happened then.
so where is Zeus and Olympia now?
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by mixedgene: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
Poster are you asking me or the poster below me?
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by wahles(m): 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
Any Jehovah witness here#
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by wahles(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
I hear say hell fire no dey ooo... sadI hear say hell fire no dey ooo...
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by gigabytes: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
I believein their existence. I remember in the Bible that the Israelites fought Grecians on their way to promise land. It was a fierce battle that in other chapter of the bible they were thanking God for the victory.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by Samsonklin(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
YoursGEJ:

O boy see as you want take buy first class ticket to hell fire. Please all nairalanders join me to pray for this man's soul.
What do u expect? The world is already on a fast train to Hell fire. That dude already bought his first class ticket. SMH!!
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by Samsonklin(m): 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2014

Shock! I know say I nor dey go church but.... "U say wetin? Oboy, I nor like wetin talk ooo. Infact hold dis one KPO---------------------- (runs off thread)
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by Mczigx(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
All i can say is WOW.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by David4473: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
I love Greek myths like kilode!!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by aadoiza: 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
U get work so?.writing such a long hmm says an awful lot.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by buckweath: 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
Yes! most of what is stated here really took place!
The Greek gods ain't myth ...Olympus, Zeus, Valhalla, Odyssey etc.
Many of this legends are true ...more especially when it talks about the enlightened and their clique (cult).

Old boy, Valhalla no dey for Greek mythology men; that's Nordic.
Re: How Many Greek Legends Were Really True by Amujale(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2015
Arguably undisputed is the impact in modern anything* are the works the Greeks eventually gave to us.

However, it is generally accepted that the Greeks themselves would seldom take credit for other peoples works but this was the creativity of the modern day commentators and nothing more.

We are well aware of the genius of Imhotep and a host of royals that had much of their works literally classified. This is not illegal or can really be frown upon in as much as the true authors are rightfully accredited; this isn't the case.

Yet live goes on, they say know the truth and you are instantly set free from falsity.

The truth is that much of what we enjoy in our world today has roots well rooted in Africa. One must not only share the credit but strive to re-live it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Nupe Proverbs And Their Meanings! / Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History / Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.