Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard (2139 Views)

2009 Infinity Fx50 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (tpms) Fault / My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by jodeci(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Friends,i replaced one of the tire pressure sensors on one of my tires and since then the low tire pressure warning light has refused to go off from my dash.

Please how do i remove the light,i hate seeing advisory or warning light on my instrument cluster.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by nwaanambra1(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2014
and the car doesn't have a name and make abi? undecided
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by jodeci(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2014
nwaanambra1: and the car doesn't have a name and make abi? undecided

Nissan Pathy 2007
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2014
This ur story get as e be.

jodeci: Friends,i replaced one of the tire pressure sensors on one of my tires and since then the low tire pressure warning light has refused to go off from my dash.

Was the there an error before you decided to change the sensor? Or you just decided it looked old and time for a change? I'm assuming the warning has been on for a while even before you changed it. Now how did you know which sensor to change? Long story short scan your vehicle and find out what's really wrong.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by jodeci(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ: This ur story get as e be.
Was the there an error before you decided to change the sensor? Or you just decided it looked old and time for a change? I'm assuming the warning has been on for a while even before you changed it. Now how did you know which sensor to change? Long story short scan your vehicle and find out what's really wrong.

The air inlet valve/nozzl had an issue and you know the sensor is attached to the valve,you cant replace the valve without replacing the sensor,i had to change the whole unit.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
jodeci:

The air inlet valve/nozzl had an issue and you know the sensor is attached to the tire,you cant replace the valve without replacing the sensor,i had to change the whole unit.

I think you should contact nissparts for a new TPMS sensor/re-programing.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by autofixng: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
Get it scan to know the actual problem.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by jodeci(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
autofixng: Get it scan to know the actual problem.

low tire pressure is not detectable on scanners.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
jodeci:

low tire pressure is not detectable on scanners.

All about TPMS http://www.nissantpms.com/

If I may ask where did you get the replacement? There's a TPMS tol that detects it the TPMS is transmitting properly and there's also a battery inside the TPMS if it runs down it will not transmit. I hope you stil have the old TPMS it might come in handy very soon.

Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by jodeci(m): 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
All about TPMS http://www.nissantpms.com/
If I may ask where did you get the replacement? There's a TPMS tol that detects it the TPMS is transmitting properly and there's also a battery inside the TPMS if it runs down it will not transmit. I hope you stil have the old TPMS it might come in handy very soon.

Thanks
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by nissparts(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
If you replace the TPMS you have to program it with the vehicle to be recognized.
It wont just start working on its own.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by jodeci(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
nissparts: If you replace the TPMS you have to program it with the vehicle to be recognized.

Now,this is serious,i thought it was plug and play.
I am based in PH,is there antway it could be programed without the vehicle so that i can DHL it to you.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
jodeci:

Now,this is serious,i thought it was plug and plug.
I am based in PH,is there antway it could be programed without the vehicle so that i can DHL it to you.
grin grin grin. Sorry I just couldn't help that. No, the tpms sensor has to be programmed with the wheels on your car. There is a receiver on your 4 wheel wells. A tpms scan tool will register each sensor to the respective receiver.You would have had the same problem if you had changed the positions of your tire without registering it with the corresponding receiver.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by FKBZ: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
nissparts: If you replace the TPMS you have to program it with the vehicle to be recognized.

hi nissan parts,pls what could be the problem when the keys of a nissan almera cant open the drivers seat,that the lock is stiff.

i now have to open the doors from the passengers seat lock.

also is it possible to cut the key cos i dont have a spare.because someone said it might be electronic and if i cut it it might not work with the car.

it a nissan almera 1998 model 2 doors.

thanks.
Re: How Do I Clear Low Tire Pressure Warning Light On My Dashboard by protocol(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
@ jodeci good day, please i will need to speak to you about something. really need your advice about something urgently. how do i get your contact pls?

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Car Learning Experience / Iridium Or Platinum Spark Plug For Mazda 323f Glx 2.0i V6 Dohc Engine / Reliability Of The Cherokee Jeep Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.