Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Enough With The Pigeon English! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Enough With The Pigeon English! (2193 Views)

UNN staff protest over unpaid allowances and gift of ' pigeon' (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough With The Pigeon English! by ikeman20(m): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2008
Why you crazy knuckleheads insist on using incorrect grammer. Even the educated folks. Stop it! This ain't Onitsha main market. Most of us on here have a schooling background so I know we can do better.  Trying to follow threads full of pigeon english is rather difficult especially for those of us that left Naija at an early age. The thing gives me eye headache. And ladies, that kind of grammer is so not sexy. Let's do better people
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 13, 2008
Speaking pidgin does not necessarily mean you're uneducated.
In some stance, it does.

Me, I just love the way it sounds and rolls out of my fingers. lol
I can't speak it, but I can type it.
Am I uneducated? No.
Although, out of hate, some peeps here might disagree with that grin grin

ikeman20:

And ladies, that kind of grammer is so not sexy. Let's do better people
And typing english is not to sound sexy or romantic.
It just makes some peeps feel more Nigerian, like a native lang.
you get? smiley
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by arramyjay: 1:03am On Oct 13, 2008
@ poster
Ok
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by ikeman20(m): 1:06am On Oct 13, 2008
Yeah I get. But the point remains. It is rather difficult to read. The words are just sore to the eyes
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by chessguru(m): 1:10am On Oct 13, 2008
@post and all

PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY
[b]Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times [/b]when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. [b] Avoid the use of Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, local 'pidgin'
, or other languages on the forum. If you find it necessary to express yourself using any of these other languages, then you must provide a translation in clear, proper, standard English so that those that don't understand the language you have used would still be able to enjoy the forum.
from nairaland rules
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by ikeman20(m): 1:13am On Oct 13, 2008
Thanks shegirl71. I like a woman that is simple and to the point.
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by davidif: 1:15am On Oct 13, 2008
o boi, go find place sidon jare, look at this one. english ko, urhobo ni.
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 13, 2008
davidif:

o boi, go find place sidon jare, look at this one. english ko, urhobo ni.
grin grin grin grin grin

@chessguru
warra bout the pat wear it seys no posty twise?
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by ikeman20(m): 1:20am On Oct 13, 2008
Oga,  you are free to behave however u like, am just making a very simple observation and request.
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Cipriani(m): 1:23am On Oct 13, 2008
ikeman20:

Why you crazy knuckleheads insist on using incorrect grammer. Even the educated folks. Stop it! This ain't Onitsha main market. Most of us on here have a schooling background so I know we can do better.  Trying to follow threads full of pigeon english is rather difficult especially for those of us that left Naija at an early age. The thing gives me eye headache. And ladies, that kind of grammer is so not sexy. Let's do better people

Pele Eeee Ooo!!!! Eni to ka iwe to gba oye repete( meaning sorry, you that is well read and gotten a lot of degrees) grin grin grin grin

This na NAIJA, no be UK or US, so follow the threads the way dem be. Abi, the slave trade wey don pass, you wan start am again because say all of go skool. angry angry angry angry

When you go your village, Se na Iya Charlie english you use for your granpa and granma. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by ikeman20(m): 1:26am On Oct 13, 2008
@Ciprani. What you call my mama?
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 13, 2008
Cipriani:

Pele Eeee Ooo!!!! Eni to ka iwe to gba oye repete( meaning sorry, you that is well read and gotten a lot of degrees) grin grin grin grin

This na NAIJA, no be UK or US, so follow the threads the way them be. Abi, the slave trade wey don pass, you wan start am again because say all of go school. angry angry angry angry

When you go your village, Se na Iya Charlie english you use for your granpa and granma. undecided undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin grin otito
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Joseph6(m): 1:33am On Oct 13, 2008
i'm still wonderin how i'd start rappin pigeon aaah it better not spoil my tight english oh
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by A40(m): 1:49am On Oct 13, 2008
Ogborikoko Junction shocked we dey speak pidgin some people dey complain sha! if i start to dey blast Isoko for here nko?
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by gabelogan(m): 1:51am On Oct 13, 2008
ikeman20:

Why you crazy knuckleheads insist on using incorrect grammer. Even the educated folks. Stop it! This ain't Onitsha main market. Most of us on here have a schooling background so I know we can do better. Trying to follow threads full of pigeon english is rather difficult especially for those of us that left Naija at an early age. The thing gives me eye headache. And ladies, that kind of grammer is so not sexy. Let's do better people

man, which kain dust you dey yarn hia?

na by force make all man speak betta english? if you no undastand, e no mean sey make we stop to dey yarn pidgin na, abi na ya papa get dis site? or na ya papa get internet?
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 13, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin"

too much
crazy knuckleheads
here grin
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by A40(m): 1:52am On Oct 13, 2008
Cipriani:

This na NAIJA, no be UK or US, so follow the threads the way them be. Abi, the slave trade wey don pass, you wan start am again because say all of go school. angry angry angry angry

Abi ooh.Some people need to snap out of sub-consciousness and wake up to the real world

ikeman20:

@Ciprani. What you call my mama?
This is Nairaland not English or Americaland
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by TOYOSI20(f): 1:53am On Oct 13, 2008
I feel una jare . . . . . naa wafi language I wan start to dey yarn for here sef. . . . . . cool
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 13, 2008
A-40, you dey vex.
The befuddled, frustrated member of our NL forum, does not favor Pidgin, biko.

OP, is that berra?
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by jgirl3: 1:56am On Oct 13, 2008
People learn pidgin from here.
There's nothing wrong with that
This guy needs to wake up.
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by smurf(f): 1:57am On Oct 13, 2008
TOYOSI20:

I feel una jare . . . . . naa wafi language I wan start to dey yarn for here sef. . . . . . cool

Heheheh. . . . . .Me sef dey speak wafi, well, well o. . . . . .
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by A40(m): 1:58am On Oct 13, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

A-40, you dey vex.
The befuddled, frustrated member of our NL forum, does not favor Pidgin, biko.

OP, is that berra?
Let him tell Jamaicans to stop speaking Patois or their Creoles because they traveled to some other country
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 13, 2008
hehhe, olodo, jamaicans speak creole? grin grin grin

you see, this is what pidgin does to people. sad sad sad tongue
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by A40(m): 2:07am On Oct 13, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

hehhe, olodo, jamaicans speak creole? grin grin grin

you see, this is what pidgin do to people. sad sad sad tongue
Duhh was just generalizing about Carribeans and folks from the West Indies or don't Jamaicans fall into that category? please put on your thinking cap cool
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Cipriani(m): 2:08am On Oct 13, 2008
@poster
Emi gan o ti wa ni so geesi abi oyinbo tabi pijinni  mo. yoruba ni mo fe ma so ni ile naira.

Gbogbo yoruba, ewa ma ba mi kalo. Eni ti o ba ni ki a ma so yoruba oluwe yi o fi imu re fon fere

E gbo abi e o gba

Eni Ti o ba jasi, ke Halleluya meeta
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 13, 2008
@A-40
lol! Nice save! wink

@Capri

Cipriani:

Gbogbo yoruba, ewa ma ba mi kalo.
(((((((((((echoes))))))))))))

Dude, you're O.Y.O
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Cipriani(m): 2:12am On Oct 13, 2008
@ruby pearl
Ruby O kare Ooo, O tan mi je pelu aworan re ti O gbe si ori profili re embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ki O ya lo yo ni asiko yi, ko gbodo di ola grin grin grin
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 13, 2008
Cipriani:

@ruby pearl
Ruby O kare Ooo, O tan mi je pelu aworan re ti O gbe si ori profili re embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ki O ya lo yo ni asiko yi, ko gbodo di ola grin grin grin
bawo ni mo se tan e?
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by A40(m): 2:22am On Oct 13, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@A-40
lol! Nice save! wink

Iwo lomo
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 13, 2008
moti gbo
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by Tgirl4real(f): 2:25am On Oct 13, 2008
@Post

eventhough i really can't speak, i like typing it sometimes.  grin But i must confess, sometimes i don't understand some things pple post in pidgin
Re: Enough With The Pigeon English! by A40(m): 2:51am On Oct 13, 2008
It depends if the person does not construct his pidgin well its bound to sound whack

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unaab Cut Off Marks 2010/2011 / The Polytechnic Ibadan,2010/2011 Post- Utme Screening Exercise / Kano Govt Shares 40 Vans To Education Inspectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.