Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? (17669 Views)

If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It / Is Tithe For Christians? / I Want To Give My Tithe To A Brother In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by pickabeau1: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
So OP whats your conclusion
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
pickabeau1: So OP whats your conclusion
Lol. I paid the debt and even the unplanned debt(for baby's hospital bills which even came before salary was paid) and nothing was even left for transport. I had to get a soft loan from a colleague in the office to cover for my transport fare.

I still don't know if it is a sin, but i have spent it so to speak.
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by pickabeau1: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: Lol. I paid the debt and even the unplanned debt(for baby's hospital bills which even came before salary was paid) and nothing was even left for transport. I had to get a soft loan from a colleague in the office to cover for my transport fare.

I still don't know if it is a sin, but i have spent it so to speak.

Gal 3: 13

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole."
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

Gal 3: 13

Means i am owing no tithe??
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by pickabeau1: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: Means i am owing no tithe??

Means what it means...

Make the interpretation yourself
Search why you are giving and if its due to compulsion or fear of 'curses' you know the motive....
If it is due to holy conviction and it 'just' happens to ten percent.. good enough grin grin

2 Cor 9: 7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

However a person who cannot take care of his home is worse than an inidel 1 Tim 5. 8
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

Means what it means...

Make the interpretation yourself
Search why you are giving and if its due to compulsion or fear of 'curses' you know the motive....
If it is due to holy conviction and it 'just' happens to ten percent.. good enough grin grin

2 Cor 9: 7

However a person who cannot take care of his home is worse than an inidel 1 Tim 5. 8
okay sir
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by pickabeau1: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: okay sir

Yes ma. smiley
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
smiley
pickabeau1:

Yes ma. smiley
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Godmystrength: smiley

*[[Gal 3:13]] KJV* Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

In addition to what pickabeau1 has said, OP, I must tell you that you fear to learn the truth. Some of us who are labelled "anti tithers" told you when you opened this thread that you were not under any obligation to tithe, you kept insisting that that was not what you wanted to hear. That you wanted to know what happens if you owed your tithe. unfortunately no one could answer you bc the bible contains no such instruction. There is no where Gentiles are instructed to tithe in the bible. There is no where anyone tithed an income. So you cannot find one place on what happens to tithes owed.

Unfortunately you sort what your itchy ears wanted to hear and found it not.

Recently I made a statement on tithes..

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
...that seem to be "hunting" me now. I said "Satan has a way of restoring Jewish practices to Christendom or religion to make be preoccupied with them rather than server God in Spirit and truth. In the time of Jesus, it was sabbath. In the days of Paul it was the question of circumcision. In our day it is tithing."

Reading Ezekiel 20 recently, I was astounded at how many times God was crossed with Israel for defiling the Sabbath. But by the time Jesus will come hear his opinion on the issue of sabbath observance in Matthew 12

*1* At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.

*2* But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

*3* But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

*4* How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

*5* Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

*6* But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

*7* But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

*8* For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Note verse 2 and 7. The Pharisee say Jesus disciples did wrong. Jesus said they should not condemn the guiltless. That he himself was Lord of the Sabbath.

In Paul epistles we learn what this means: Christ has delivered us from the curse of the law. We are guiltless even when we do not observe seeming Jewish commands like tithing, sabbath and circumcision: Gal 3:13; Rom 10:4; Col 2:16.

My friend, do not let anyone condemn you as guilty when you do not tithe, for you are guiltless.

Like Jesus has enumerated: the Christians concern with the law is mercy not sacrifice. We show mercy when we learn to love our neighbours and not when we observe religious practices.

I hope my treatise is not a waste.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Weah96: 3:39am On Aug 13, 2014
gazilion: Yes if you must do but you Must pay back with a 20%. Don't make it a habit pls.

Who are you?
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2014
@DrummaBoy- to be honest, i didn't read your earlier post because it was too long. when i saw it, i promised to read later and i forgot. I asked what i wanted to know and i got my answer o. maybe sometime later i can read up what you typed.
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by charlsecy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Godmystrength

2 Corinthians 9:7 [NLT]
You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully."

Based on the above verse, there is nothing wrong if you decide to be giving 10% of your income for the propagation of the Gospel; but you should willingly and prayerfully determine this!
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Godmystrength: @DrummaBoy- to be honest, i didn't read your earlier post because it was too long. when i saw it, i promised to read later and i forgot. I asked what i wanted to know and i got my answer o. maybe sometime later i can read up what you typed.

When you have read the text, we can talk.
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 8:19am On Aug 15, 2014
DrummaBoy:

When you have read the text, we can talk.
okay
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Godmystrength: okay

Permit me to add.

That post of mine is a tract. It is the shortest analysis on tithes you can find anywhere. Truth is that biblical truths are not found on the surface; they are found by studious searching. The reason why deception abound in society is because people love quick fixes; short cut to breakthrough; etc. Scriptures does not encourage this.

At the end of the text, I supplied a few websites on the tithe subject. I studied them and others to come to my conclusion on tithe. I studied pro tithe text too. The anti tithe ones convinced me.

I encourage you to do the same.
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by Godmystrength: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Permit me to add.

That post of mine is a tract. It is the shortest analysis on tithes you can find anywhere. Truth is that biblical truths are not found on the surface; they are found by studious searching. The reason why deception abound in society is because people love quick fixes; short cut to breakthrough; etc. Scriptures does not encourage this.

At the end of the text, I supplied a few websites on the tithe subject. I studied them and others to come to my conclusion on tithe. I studied pro tithe text too. The anti tithe ones convinced me.

I encourage you to do the same.
haba!! adding to the already long post.
When i finish reading, i will let you know. Thanks
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by DrummaBoy(m): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
Godmystrength: haba!! adding to the already long post.
When i finish reading, i will let you know. Thanks

lol.

Forgive my importunity.
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by gazilion: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Weah96:

Who are you?

I'm Gazilion...beyond billions...smiley
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by pteigut: 8:10am On Feb 16, 2016
It is not a sin my fellow Christian. According to Leviticus 27:31, you will only be required to pay back with a 20% interest.You should however try your level best to avoid it. It should only happen when you are at your tightest corner.
Re: Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? by dorox(m): 8:17am On Feb 16, 2016
pteigut:
It is not a sin my fellow Christian. According to Leviticus 27:31, you will only be required to pay back with a 20% interest.You should however try your level best to avoid it. It should only happen when you are at your tightest corner.

And according to that same Leviticus only Levites are to be paid tithes. So unless your pastor is a Levite, it is a sin for you to pay him tithe and for him to receive it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" / Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.