Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,854 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Is Tithe For Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe For Christians? (5169 Views)

Is Tithe Paying Compulsory? / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Is Tithe Collected Daily, Weekly, Monthly Or Yearly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 6:20am On Aug 28, 2013
Many people make the mistake of having a false belief of Isrealites, who are also known as Jews, to be the same as Christians today but the bible has made it clear and stated it that the Church were the saints gather began in Acts 2, but the Isrealites happened to be one of the generations of Jacob. Heb 7 made it clear that tithe was given as a LAW to the Isrealites to be paid to the Levites.
Ignorance would still make some people bring up opinions about Malachi 3:8 but have you taken time to know who this book was written to and why it was written? If you check Malachi 1:1, it was clearly written that the book was written as a "Warning From God To The Isrealites Through Prophet Malachi".
If you still harbour any doubt concerning the Topic above, ask yourself this question: Why Wasn't It Recorded That The Early Christians Paid Tithe?

3 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
The bible says "he who has ears let him hear." I am a member of the Church of Christ and am sending my greeting(Romans 16:16) to those who are ready to take the 5 steps (Hear, Believ, Repent, Confess and be Baptised) of salvation and added to the church by the Lord (Acts 2:47).
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Goshen360(m): 1:13am On Aug 30, 2013
Also, the LAW sealed the covenant between God and Israel and was the first covenant. If fault wasn't found with the first covenant that was permitted based on the LAW, there will be no place sought for the new covenant in Christ's blood. Christ terminated that LAW so he can make from JEWS and GENTILES one new man unto himself - The Church, the body of Christ.

The first covenant was ONLY between God and national Israel of which the LAW of tithing was part of it. The second covenant is between God and the church (Jews & Gentiles inclusive). God doesn't operate the new covenant by the old because the old is null and void at the Cross of which tithe was inclusive - Hebrews 7 made null and void tithe with the levitical priesthood. The Epistle instruct a believer to give cheerfully, not of necessity or as one giving in order to receive but as one that is already given\blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 5:19am On Aug 30, 2013
@Goshen360 Are you a Member of the Lord's Church (Church Of Christ) according to Matt 16:16 and Rom 16:16?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Emart(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Goshen360: God doesn't operate the new covenant by the old because the old is null and void at the Cross of which tithe was inclusive
Where did you get the revelation from? What has happened to the ten commandments? So the ten commandments are now null abi?
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Emart(m): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
lahchi: Many people make the mistake of having a false belief of Isrealites, who are also known as Jews, to be the same as Christians today but the bible has made it clear and stated it that the Church were the saints gather began in Acts 2, but the Isrealites happened to be one of the generations of Jacob. Heb 7 made it clear that tithe was given as a LAW to the Isrealites to be paid to the Levites.
Ignorance would still make some people bring up opinions about Malachi 3:8 but have you taken time to know who this book was written to and why it was written? If you check Malachi 1:1, it was clearly written that the book was written as a "Warning From God To The Isrealites Through Prophet Malachi".
If you still harbour any doubt concerning the Topic above, ask yourself this question: Why Wasn't It Recorded That The Early Christians Paid Tithe?
It's left for you whether to pay tithe or not.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Emart(m): 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by mumumugu(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
No tithe is for pastors
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Emart: It's left for you whether to pay tithe or not. After death we'll all know who is wrong and who is right.

If we call ourselves Christians, we are to follow the practises of the Early Christians, and we won't know any of the practises if they were not recorded in the Bible, Tithe was never recorded to have been paid by them instead Paul told the Corinthian Church in 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 to give as He proposes in His Heart, "6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." This single handedly annuls the rule of tithe, tithe was compulsory to the children of isreal, and they found it difficult to pay the tithe according to how they were been told and by doing that they rob God; Malachi 3:8-10, don't make the mistake of thinking "Malachi 3:8-10" is meant for Christians because Christianity has not began and that point and Malachi 1:1 says "1 The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi." So beware, if at the time the world ends and you dont practise what the Early Christians practised, you would be found wanting and that would lead to Hell Fire, that's what the Bible says. Don't be Ignorant!
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2013
lahchi: Many people make the mistake of having a false belief of Isrealites, who are also known as Jews, to be the same as Christians today but the bible has made it clear and stated it that the Church were the saints gather began in Acts 2, but the Isrealites happened to be one of the generations of Jacob. Heb 7 made it clear that tithe was given as a LAW to the Isrealites to be paid to the Levites.

Tithing is an eternal principle ,just as prayers, almsgiving,offerings, worship, fasting etc. all these kingdom principles have nothing to do with Israel . They are part of Gods kingdom. It preceded the emergence of the nation of isreal. Abraham was not an isrealite .he was the father of faith , He was a tither a. If we are children of Abraham then we ought to follow the faith of Abraham.. God never stoped tithing ,it's an eternal principle .

4 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by truthislight: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithing is an eternal principle ,just as prayers, almsgiving,offerings, worship, fasting etc. all these kingdom principles have nothing to do with Israel . They are part of Gods kingdom. It preceded the emergence of the nation of isreal. Abraham was not an isrealite .he was the father of faith , He was a tither a. If we are children of Abraham then we ought to follow the faith of Abraham.. God never stoped tithing ,it's an eternal principle .

Abraham did animal sacrifice and that sacrifice was befor the law hence "eternal Principle".

So, we are suppose to do animal sacrifice today. Jesus did not also come to abolish the laws, hence, any of you that does not do animal sacrifice today is a hypocrite !

Big rounded HYPOCRITE !

4 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

Its either you don't understand the words you read or you are ignorant of the Words you read. Please answer the following Questions:
(1) Did God tell Abraham to pay the tithe he paid? Give your reference if "Yes" is your answer.
(2) Did God command Jacob to build up the covenant of tithing with God? Give your reference if "Yes" is your answer.
(3) Did God make tithing a religious practise for Abraham or Israel?
(4) What does Malachi 1:1 say?
(5) Has Christianity began in Malachi? Give your reference if "Yes" is your answer.
(6) What does 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 say?
1 Corinthians 14:38 says "But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant." You have your choice to make, make sure it is right according to the scriptures.

3 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2013
truthislight:

Abraham did animal sacrifice and that sacrifice was befor the law hence "eternal Principle".
So, we are suppose to do animal sacrifice today.

God already condemned the use of animal blood. but giving God offering continuesa as an eternal principle . Hope you're ok now

!Big rounded HYPOCRITE !

You dont have to insult , Hope you feel better by it?

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 6:53am On Sep 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

I don't think he was insulting you by calling you hypocrite, he was only stating the obvious so deal with it. tongue
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 7:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I don't think he was insulting you by calling you hypocrite, he was only stating the obvious so deal with it. tongue

And you have become his mouthpiece?

Proverbs 26:17
He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him,is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

And you have become his mouthpiece?

Proverbs 26:17
He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him,is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

So you are now a dog abi? shocked Not surprised though. The fight against illegal tithes being preached and collected in the church is a strife that belongs to me and all true christians tongue and i would always meddle with it as the occassion arises. cool
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

So you are now a dog abi? shocked Not surprised though. The fight against illegal tithes being preached and collected in the church is a strife that belongs to me and all true christians tongue and i would always meddle with it as the occassion arises. cool

Okay You have won.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by God2man(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

Okay You have won.

oga Jo, they are always winning on Nairaland, nobody can stop Hundreds of Anti-tithers on Nairaland, i repeat nobody can stop them, except God, but i doubt if Anti-tithers can succeed outside Nairaland forum, i doubt it.

Again, i rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Pastor Kun: So you are now a dog abi?

Well, it's quite obvious who's the dog here!
The aggresson, anger and what not...

Pastor Kun: The fight against illegal tithes being preached and collected in the church is a strife that belongs to me and all true christians tongue and i would always meddle with it as the occassion arises.

If this strife really belongs to "YOU" and all "True Christians" then, I must tell you that you're not doing enough!
You've gotta step-up your game bro, you're too big to be a cybernetic entity alone. You can do better than that! angry

Meanwhile, Pastor Kunle
Shew this carefully while you're at it:
"For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of The Lord of Hosts. But ye have departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the convenant of Levi, saith The Lord of Hosts."- Malachi 2:7-8
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2013
God2man:

oga Jo, they are always winning on Nairaland, nobody can stop Hundreds of Anti-tithers on Nairaland, i repeat nobody can stop them, except God, but i doubt if Anti-tithers can succeed outside Nairaland forum, i doubt it.

Again, i rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.

They're just cybernetic entities dazzall! grin
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by truthislight: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

God already condemned the use of animal blood. but giving God offering continuesa as an eternal principle . Hope you're ok now

this is what offering for christians is :

"By him therefore let us offer(offering) the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." (Hebrews 13:15).

> = "Go therefor and make disciples" matt 28:18-20.

Joagbaje:

Is telling a hypocrite that he is a hypocrite an insult/cursing ? No.

It is telling the person who he is so he will no longer live by two standards, saying a different thing and doing a different thing.

Why not say that Jesus was insulting the pherisees ?

I will call a hypocrite a hypocrite also call me one when i turn one.

Tithing is not for christians just as our lips do the offering instead of using animal.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by SalC: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
This issue of tithe has been dealt with on this forum severally and I wonder why it is being repeated every now and then.

I don't believe paying of tithe is obligatory anymore, but if it makes you feel good then go ahead and pay. But I will always prefer helping the poor and needy anyday to paying tithe.

The decision is your but don't make others look hell bound because of tithe.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
" PHONY Christianity proliferates because shallow Biblically-illiterate people give millions to hucksters. They want cheap thrills, not Truth." ken raggio
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sal C: This issue of tithe has been dealt with on this forum severally and I wonder why it is being repeated every now and then.

I don't believe paying of tithe is obligatory anymore, but if it makes you feel good then go ahead and pay. But I will always prefer helping the poor and needy anyday to paying tithe.

This issue of tithing can never be over flogged because as we speak millions of brethen all over the world are still being held hostage by this fraud. We would continue to reveal the truth about tithes to our brethen until the whole world becomes aware that it is a scam and tithe fraudsters are chased out of business.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by macof(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
This thread just supports my post on "the old testament is not part of christianity" and thank God some people share my view. I thought every so called Christian has been brainwashed. Tithes is of the OT and Christians shouldn't follow, am sure those people who added OT to the Christian Bible weren't even Christians, they must have been Roman pagans who thought everything religious from Israel is all the same. And so called men of God these days are happy to see "pay your tithes and offerings" in the Bible. why did they not request for animal burnt sacrifice? Abi dat one is evil? Since some African religions do dat and they say it's evil. Jesus teaching alone I follow and not Moses or Malachi when am nt a Jew

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by truthislight: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Without the OT there will be no NT.

The prophesies in the OT led to Jesus christ.

The OT led to the NT.

No OT, No christianity.

The OT scriptures and NT scriptures should be togather, cause, the OT prophesies are fulfilled in the NT.

Peace.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by SalC: 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This issue of tithing can never be over flogged because as we speak millions of brethen all over the world are still being held hostage by this fraud. We would continue to reveal the truth about tithes to our brethen until the whole world becomes aware that it is a scam and tithe fraudsters are chased out of business.
I get your drift but the tithe preachers cling tenaciously to the old testament when it comes to tithe paying but reject it when it comes to other issues thereby making the anti-tithe preacher labour so much in spreading the anti-tithe gospel.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by SalC: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
truthislight: Without the OT there will be no NT.

The prophesies in the OT led to Jesus christ.

The OT led to the NT.

No OT, No christianity.

The OT scriptures and NT scriptures should be togather, cause, the OT prophesies are fulfilled in the NT.

Peace.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by macof(m): 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=Sal C][/quote] pls tell me one or two prophesies in the OT dat was fulfilled in NT with the aid of Bible verses
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by SalC: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
macof: This thread just supports my post on "the old testament is not part of christianity" and thank God some people share my view. I thought every so called Christian has been brainwashed. Tithes is of the OT and Christians shouldn't follow, am sure those people who added OT to the Christian Bible weren't even Christians, they must have been Roman pagans who thought everything religious from Israel is all the same. And so called men of God these days are happy to see "pay your tithes and offerings" in the Bible. why did they not request for animal burnt sacrifice? Abi dat one is evil? Since some African religions do dat and they say it's evil. Jesus teaching alone I follow and not Moses or Malachi when am nt a Jew
You are getting it wrong. The NT is the fulfilment of OT prophecies, therefore there's nothing wrong with the OT being part of the bible.

The problem arises when preacher decide to cherry-pick the teachings of the OT just to suit themselves.
Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by lahchi: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sal C: This issue of tithe has been dealt with on this forum severally and I wonder why it is being repeated every now and then.

If the Law of the isralites were good and would save sin why would God send His Son to give us another law and bring Christianity to us? Tithe was for the Israelites and not to be paid or observed by Christians even those people who claim to pay tithe don't pay it the way God asked the israelites to pay it. 2 Corinthians 9:6 tells us how to give, I don't seem to understand what you tithers don't seem to understand or is it that you refuse to study your bible and confirm what you are been taught or told? Or is that you just see the person being called the Man of God as a truthfull person without confirming what he tells you to be true? Do not be ignorant of the facts and truth about tithing beacuse you would give account on the last day.

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe For Christians? by PastorKun(m): 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sal C: I get your drift but the tithe preachers cling tenaciously to the old testament when it comes to tithe paying but reject it when it comes to other issues thereby making the anti-tithe preacher labour so much in spreading the anti-tithe gospel.

Obviously tithe preachers cling tenaciously to it for selfish reasons, however we have one advantage over them and that is the bible supports our position because we speak the truth. A lot of people fall for this tithe scam because they fail to study their bibles and don't know any better. Our duty is to reveal the truth to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Does God Simply Exist? / 2024 Theme (year Of) For All Churches In Nigeria And The Rest Of The World / A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.