Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic (2713 Views)

When You Buy One Gala..(pics) / Ebola Survivor Causes Commotion In Church / Gala Sellers To Represent Nigeria AT 2014 Winter Olympics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by FNNEWS: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
The news that UAC Foods has increased the price of popular hunger relief snack ‘Gala’ from N50 to N70 has been met with wide-spread dismay and panic, according to reports reaching FNN.

Since the new price was announced this week, the national economic index has been thrown into a state of disbelief, with many people even going as far as laying the blame at the feet of already embattled president, Goodluck Jonathan.

Rumours suggest that several CLO’s including the National Association of Gala sellers, BringBackOurGala50, NLC and their allies may embark on a national strike anytime in the coming weeks in several states across the county, which may mirror the fuel subsidy removal incident.

SEE ALSO: BLEACHING SAVES WOMAN AS ASSASSINS FAIL TO RECOGNIZE HER

Speaking at a press conference, the NLC president, Omar, who spoke on behalf of the concerned parties said, ‘ the Federal government must intervene in this matter, we can not allow the cabals to dictate our stomachs too, Gala cannot turn to a luxury good over night, it is for the masses and not the elite’.

Meanwhile there was also unconfirmed reports that Minister of Information, Labaran Maku was in a closed door meeting with the Gala stakeholders, including the UAC management and Gala sellers to find out the root cause of the incident.

More as this develops.

SOURCE: http:///2014/07/new-price-gala-causes-nationwide-panic/

WHAT DO YOU THINK
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by missdebs(f): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
70!....na costa sure pass
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by IAMBREEZY: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
What is this GALA self
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by adepink(f): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Panic Gala Op, Hope u understand the word 'panic'
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by karidad(f): 5:28am On Jul 24, 2014
Na rite sure pass
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2014
Na by force to chop am. Haba!
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by dOnLarich: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2014
rozzay: Na by force to chop am. Haba!
. I wonder ooo
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Pavore9: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2014
This is certainly a comic relief!
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2014
Mshewww if they like let them turn it to 100 naira undecided

it was even better those days gala was 15naira
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Ariyke: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is the second time they are trying to do this angry

2 Likes

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by joywendy(f): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ariyke: This is the second time they are trying to do this angry
lol! I feel your pain my sister but Calm down, no be gala? It would come back to it's original price soon enough.

We aren't even sure if it's true or not.
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by joywendy(f): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
kulyie: Mshewww if they like let them turn it to 100 naira undecided

it was even better those days gala was 15naira
lol! Are you for real? N15 When?
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by onegig(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
joywendy: lol! Are you for real? N15 When?
So you no dey when gala was 5 naira and contained real beef and tasted lovely not this ones that taste like microwaving grilled paper soaked in water and laced with caked tomato paste at the centre.

2 Likes

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Ariyke: 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
joywendy: lol! I feel your pain my sister but Calm down, no be gala? It would come back to it's original price soon enough.

We aren't even sure if it's true or not.
my dear the thing tire me, not a fan of gala though I prefer others

1 Like

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by joywendy(f): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: So you no dey when gala was 5 naira and contained real beef and tasted lovely not this ones that taste like microwaving paper soaked in water.
lmao! I no dey oh, maybe I was in another planet at that time. grin
I'm just hearing this for the first time. I can't remember when I learnt of gala but I always thought the price as been N50

Ariyke: my dear the thing tire me, not a fan of gala though I prefer others
lol! It don tire everybody oh. Mmmm...like?
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by onegig(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
joywendy: lmao! I no dey oh, maybe I was in another planet at that time. grin
I'm just hearing this for the first time. I can't remember when I learnt of gala but I always thought the price as been N50

Eyah sorry. You should know your country was once good and things extremely affordable.

I used take 50kobo to primary school then as pocket money and i still returned home with 25k or 10k after i had bought one cup of groundnut and one wrap of Baba dudu. NSTA bus fare was just 1 naira then. Lol.

Don't worry we are working on a time travel machine to take you back.

4 Likes

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Ariyke: 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
joywendy: lmao! I no dey oh, maybe I was in another planet at that time. grin

gimme rite or superbite plus lacasera. grin

1 Like

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Jummymine(f): 3:56am On Jul 25, 2014
onegig: Eyah sorry. You should know your country was once good and things extremely affordable.

I used take 50kobo to primary school then as pocket money and i still returned home with 25k or 10k after i had bought one cup of groundnut and one wrap of Baba dudu. NSTA bus fare was just 1 naira then. Lol.

i remember that there was a boy that used to bring 50k notes.We used to consider him as super rich because our parents didnt use to give us more than 10k.

1 Like

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
joywendy: lol! Are you for real? N15 When?
in the late 80s and early 90s when gala was still galla not the low quality gala they are doing now angry

1 Like

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
Yeah I used to buy condense then some 3 naira and some 5 naira. Those days when coke was 10 naira. Omo things are not the same as it used to be
onegig: Eyah sorry. You should know your country was once good and things extremely affordable.

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by SugaryBelle(f): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
I'm not affected,I don't eat gala.
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Even that time agboju to mile 2 was between 20 naira and 30 naira.i could buy rice of 30 naira and meat 5 naira after school in secondary school those days, eggs then was 3 pieces 10 naira, there was also agege bread of 10 naira,15 naira and 20 naira depending on what you wanted to buy.choco milo was 1 naira. Things were reasonable
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Like chinua achebe will say nigeria was once a country. cry

4 Likes

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by joywendy(f): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2014

amazing! Wow! Lolz...na enjoyment things then.
Waiting earnestly for the time machine
Let me enjoy that life small grin
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by joywendy(f): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ariyke: gimme rite or superbite plus lacasera. grin
lol! wink

kulyie: in the late 80s and early 90s when gala was still galla not the low quality gala they are doing now angry
mmm! Na wa oh! I still dey for mars at that time, they enjoy myself. Not knowing what I was missing sad
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by onegig(m): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
joywendy: amazing! Wow! Lolz...na enjoyment things then.
Waiting earnestly for the time machine
Let me enjoy that life small grin
Ok. Just wait. Mixing the chemicals already. Na just small the thing remain.

1 Like

Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by joywendy(f): 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
onegig: Ok. Just wait. Mixing the chemicals already. Na just small the thing remain.
lolz! Hehehe...*waiting searches bag and brings out gala, gives him one takes another and starts to eat while waiting patiently* cheesy
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by MARKone(m): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2014
Hahahahahahaha

People actually took FNNEWS serious.
Well done FNN

I think gala still sells for #50 grin
Re: New Price Of Gala Causes Nationwide Panic by Krasid(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
grin grin FNN again.

(1) (Reply)

Photos:“How A Baby Is Made” You Need To See This Kids Book / If You Dont Know This Person.....congratulations Heaven Is Sure For You. / The Doctor messed The Woman With Style Eh Eh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.