Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,079 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Using The Medium Of Film To Seek Justice - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Using The Medium Of Film To Seek Justice (638 Views)

Issues Of Film Censorship In Nigeria / Ken Saro Wiwa Film To Be Shot Soon / Join The Next Generation Of Film Makers. (new Wave Pioneers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using The Medium Of Film To Seek Justice by stanleesworld(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
THE UNSOLVED CASE OF LA VENA JOHNSON'S DEATH.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23WTp4C5DY
[/url]

EVER SINCE I READ ABOUT THIS STORY FIVE YEARS AGO, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO REPRESENT THE VERDICT OF THE AMERICAN ARMY IN SUCH A MANNER THAT WILL MAKE IT EASY FOR PEOPLE TO REALIZE HOW IMPOSSIBLE AND MISLEADING THEIR CONCLUSION ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE DEATH OF LAVENA JOHNSON IS.

I FINALLY MANAGED TO SHOOT IT JUST IN TIME TO PUBLISH ON THE VERY DAY SHE WAS MURDERED - OVER NINE YEARS AGO. SHE WOULD HAVE TURNED 29 NEXT WEEK!

MY LOVE AND PRAYERS GO TO HER GRIEVING FAMILY WHO ARE SO DISHONORABLY TORTURED BY THE FAILURE OF THE SAME SYSTEM THAT TWO GENERATIONS OF THE JOHNSONS' GAVE THEIR ALL FOR.

I HOPE IN MY OWN LITTLE WAY, THE PURSUANCE OF JUSTICE FOR LAVENA WILL EVENTUALLY BE A REALITY. SOME PEOPLE HAVE ASKED OVER AND OVER AGAIN "WHY ARE YOU DISTURBING YOURSELF ABOUT AN AMERICAN'S ISSUE" AND I HAVE OFTEN ANSWERED; IT'S NOT ABOUT JUST ONE PERSON, IT'S ABOUT JUSTICE. TODAY, WE LOOK FORWARD TO WESTERN INTERVENTION IN OUR NATION'S ISSUES - SO, THE WEST MUST SHOW THAT IT IS WORTHY OF LEADING THE PATH TO SUSTAINABLE PEACE, UNITY AND JUSTICE.

HERE ARE THE DETAILS OF THE STORY

Sequel to the 911 attacks in America, a patriotic 19 year old honour student; La Vena Johnson joined the Army, like her father and grandfather before her.

In May 2005 the Army sent her to Iraq.

On July 17th she talked to her mother by telephone. She seemed in good spirits. She talked about coming home for Christmas: “Don’t decorate the tree without me.” She told her mother.

On July 19th a soldier with a black book knocked on her parents’s door. He regretfully informed them of their daughter’s death. Her 20th birthday became her wake.

Barely 5 feet tall and weighing less than 100 pounds, Lavena had been struck in the face with a blunt instrument, perhaps a weapon stock. Her nose was broken and her teeth knocked backwards. One elbow was distended. The back of her clothes had debris on them indicating she had been dragged from one location to another. The photographs of her disrobed body showed bruises, scratch marks and teeth imprints on the upper part of her body. The right side of her back as well as her right hand had been burned apparently from a flammable liquid. Lye was coming out of her vagina, meaning she had been raped (lye is a corrosive liquid that destroys DNA evidence of sexual assault).

The photographs of her genital area revealed massive bruising and lacerations. Her parents say she was beat up, raped, shot in the head and then dragged to a storage tent that was set on fire to destroy the evidence.

“Despite the bruises, scratches, teeth imprints and burns on her body, Lavena was found completely dressed in the burning tent. There was a blood trail from outside a contractor’s tent to inside her tent. She apparently had been dressed after the attack and her attacker placed her body into the tent and set it on fire.”

THE ARMY CALLED IT SUICIDE.

...notwithstanding the clear evidence that suggests otherwise - meaning that she battered and violated herself to the extent contained in the autopsy report.

The Army also suggests that she shot herself in the head with her M-16.

However, at her height of about 5 ft or 1.52m, an M-16 would have blown off her head.

Moreover, the gunshot was on the left side of her head.

LaVena Johnson was right-handed.

CBS News paid for a second autopsy. Her body was taken from the grave. Parts of her tongue, vagina and anus were missing. Her neck was broken. All things the Army did not report in its autopsy.

Neither CBS nor ABC reported the story, despite spending thousands on it.

There are at least 13 other such questionable “suicides”.

Bottom line ... The Army says the case is closed.

(1) (Reply)

SAD News!insurance Guruand IGI CEO Remiolowude Is Dead / New Series: Las Gidi Cops / Video: Nicki Minaj Ft Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown – Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.