Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

UK Business Visitor Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Business Visitor Visa (719 Views)

Twice UK Business Visitor Visa Refusal Because Of Large Deposit,what Should I Do / Kindly Share Your Us Business/visitor (b1/b2) Visa Interview Experience Here / Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK Business Visitor Visa by mukulgoel: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hi,

I am applying for a UK Business visitor visa and confused of few documents and fields on the application form.

Situation: I am in Ireland on study and have been offered a job in Ireland. The job starts on 11th August 2014. As part of this job, I need to attend a one-off training starting 11th August 2014 for 3 weeks in this company`s UK office.

Document checklist: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/330320/Visitor_guide_Document.pdf

1) Can this pose a problem? the job and training starting on the same date?
2) Right now, I have a letter from my office in Ireland stating that I need to attend a 3 week training starting 11th August in their UK office. Is that sufficient to suffice the second requirement under Business Visitor section on the document checklist(page 4) i.e. Evidence of who invited you to the UK. Or would I need that letter from the UK office of this company?
3) Evidence of any previous dealings with the UK company that you are visiting(business meetings/email conversations/company activities). As my employment starts on 11th August 2014, I do not have any such proofs so what should I do?

4) My uncle( a British Citizen ) lives in London and not very far from the office. I was hoping to stay at their place. So what sort of letter should I get from them? Or would this violate my Business Visitor status? Or instead of showing this I book some hotel/motel for my stay?

Thanks for your replies.
Mukul
Re: UK Business Visitor Visa by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: UK Business Visitor Visa by mukulgoel: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
justwise: Ask your question here https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Thanks.
Posted my question in that thread

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Get International Within A Day Or 2 Days / Qatar Working Visa. / Top 5 Destination In Nigeria To Visit This Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.