Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,871 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa (12734 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident / Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2011
Today marks the 15th working day since I submitted my application via Courier to the CDHC at Lagos. From their website, it says that the average processing time is 15 working days. So to my dear TRV (visitor) applicants, did you receive your passports back before the 15 days or did it exceed 15 days. If it did exceed 15 days, how many more days were added to your own processing time?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by dancewith: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2011
@poster

The CDHC usually runs all sorts of checks on Nigerian applicants and their documents. That is why it delays. When I was living in Canada and my parents needed to come over for a visit, it took a little over a month for the passports to be returned with a 2 months visa.

I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2011
@ dancewith

@ thebaft

Pls could you kindly paste me the list of document submitted or do email me (johnolas@yahoo.com)

thanks
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Delta007(m): 2:00am On Jan 07, 2011
thebaft:

Today marks the 15th working day since I submitted my application via Courier to the CDHC at Lagos. From their website, it says that the average processing time is 15 working days. So to my dear TRV (visitor) applicants, did you receive your passports back before the 15 days or did it exceed 15 days. If it did exceed 15 days, how many more days were added to your own processing time?

Thanks.
It takes about a month. You also have to factor in the fact that the CDHC is usually closed between Christmas and New Year. The CDHC just opened on Tuesday so it take a few days before you hear something. Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2011
@dancewith & delta007,

Thanks for the update. It seems that one month is the average benchmark.

@ johnolas

I submiited all the documents they required on http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx and http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/temporary_resident_temporaire.aspx?lang=eng

However. if you still require more information, I will send the exact list to your inbox.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ thebaft. please do send the exact list to my inbox.  Thanks johnolas@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Fogman(m): 5:39am On Jan 08, 2011
@ thebaft, pls send the list to me too thru: Fogmanmails@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by airmark(m): 10:59am On Jan 08, 2011
@ Thebaft, pls send to me too,  peace
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by blinzho69(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2011
i was made to do s PT which delayed the process up to a week making it a total of a month.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ Everyone,

I mailed them and got a auto-reponse stating that they were still processing applications receoved on the 9th of December. I submitted on the 14th of December. So, I'll try and contact them again by Wednesday.

@ blinzho69,
Is PT short for Parentage Test? If so, why did they make you do it? I sually thought Birth Certificates were sufficient.

@ airmark. Fogman, johnolas

Be patient, I'll mail you guys when my application pack is returned back to me.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2011
you will receive ur package with smile by God Grace,
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by JeedDiek: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ thebaft. please do send the exact list to my inbox too. Thanks busaririlwan@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by seunny4lif(m): 1:07am On Jan 10, 2011
Like how much will i need to apply for visitor visa,pls.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by seunny4lif(m): 1:07am On Jan 10, 2011
Like how much will i need to apply for visitor visa,pls.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2011
The last time i applied for a Canadian visit visa with ma mum i fink may 2010 it took about 15 working days and we where granted a 6months visiting visa each, but instead of contacting the Canadian high commission you should be contacting the courier company you used in sending it, i used ups and after 15days i tracked ma parcel at the ups website and it was ready

ciao
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2011
@Dantecmu,

Thanks for the update. The fact that you received yours in 15 days is good news. I used DHL and when I track my waybill number, I still get the same information I had as when I submitted it. Either it's not ready or they are not updating the tracking info as frequently as they should be. So how was your trip to Canada?
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2011
thebaft:

@Dantecmu,

Thanks for the update. The fact that you received yours in 15 days is good news. I used DHL and when I track my waybill number, I still get the same information I had as when I submitted it. Either it's not ready or they are not updating the tracking info as frequently as they should be. So how was your trip to Canada?

Ma broder Canada just dey nuring much nice place anyway was in Canada for about a month but ma mum stayed for about 2months , flew with KLM transited at Amsterdam for like 6hrs landed in Toronto immigra wan interrogate ma life cus ma mama carry the whole Lagos market bur it all ended up good anyways spent the 1st 2days in a hotel in Toronto and then headed to Windsor about 4hrs drive from Toronto , after ma visit i headed to the US wrap up ma vacation
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by menaxe: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2011
@dantecmu, pls if u dönt mind i have some personal i questions i want to ask you. Lemme meet you on facebook. My email is youngnobkane@yahoo.com or you can drop urs lemme add you. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 12:10am On Jan 11, 2011
Just added you on YM
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 12:42am On Jan 11, 2011
@ Dantecmu.

Pls could you kindly paste me the list of document submitted or do email me (johnolas@yahoo.com), pending @thebaft will receive his package.

thanks
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by mikkyangel(m): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2011
Dantecmu and House,
pls me need info on this Canada tourist visa thing, is it compulsory that someone must send you an invitation before u can apply for the tourist visa Or can one just book for a hotel in Canada,then the hotel sends whtever documents it needs to send for one to apply?
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by menaxe: 11:54am On Jan 11, 2011
@dantecmu, pls i dont have a yahoo messenger installed on ma pc,add me on face book okay?
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Delta007(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
Some of you are simply unreal. Instead of going to the Canadian Immigration website (link is even posted on this thread) to get an idea of what is needed, you are asking the OP to send you emails on what he sent. Is it that you folks cannot understand that each application is somewhat unique or are you simply daft?!
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
@Delta you know the websites gives only generalised information it is left for the applicant to be creative enough on what he or she needs to add,
@House it wasn't an easy application cus i had to study dat website 24hrs for like a month reading inbtwn the lines cus i know for sure that Canadian embassy remains one of the most technical embassies in Nigeria

when i applied i had to put all necessary documents , i worked with the highest paid telecom in Nigeria and ma mum owned a school so we both sponsored ourselves ma employment letter introduction letter hotels payments made on ma previous trips to Germany.France south Africa.England etc some shares document photocopy of ma debit card ma tenancy agreement in Nigeria, birth certificate, payslips, letter of undertaken, Ma mum was a 1st time traveler so she had sub,it even more documents marrage certificate, all documents concerning her school, men it was a sack of documents , but still i knew it guaranteed nothing , cus i know ma bosses at work who where denied this visa , i knew of people who visit the US like its there home who where denied Canadian visa i also knew of people who had visited Canada b4 and where denied renewals, well in all the visas i have applied for i think i put more effort in the Canadian 1, i call it visa wif a reputation,

@Mikkyangel
Well i think you can use hotel reservation but but but u need to make a very strong case there meaning u need to be very creative while submitting your documents,
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by airmark(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
Delta007:

Some of you are simply unreal. Instead of going to the Canadian Immigration website (link is even posted on this thread) to get an idea of what is needed, you are asking the OP to send you emails on what he sent. Is it that you folks cannot understand that each application is somewhat unique or are you simply daft?!
@ Delta007, the fact that you are in canada does not confer unto you the power to insult people on this thread. You are a nincompoop. Don't you think there can be further helpful exchange of information through the email after the expected initial message from the OP? Don't think all nairalanders are never-do-wells.  No wonder most of you guys in Canada are reported to be unhelpful
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159876.0.html

Mind your utterances.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Delta007(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2011
airmark:

@ Delta007, the fact that you are in canada does not confer unto you the power to insult people on this thread. You are a nincompoop. Don't you think there can be further helpful exchange of information through the email after the expected initial message from the OP? Don't think all nairalanders are never-do-wells.  No wonder most of you guys in Canada are reported to be unhelpful
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159876.0.html

Mind your utterances.
Yeah, and the fact that you are a Nigerian-based airmarkhead "confers unto you the power to insult me" . Feel free to call me any name you want to. People like you do not know when someone is trying to help; you may as well ask the OP to give you a copy of his application so that you submit as well undecided; Calling you daft is an insult to truly daft individuals.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Delta007(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
@Dantemu:
On the contrary, the guide is as straightforward as can be. If an individual goes thru the guide and does not understand any part, then he/she can ask specific questions. That's more beneficial to the individual and the forum.

The OP said:
" I submiited all the documents they required on http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx and http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/temporary_resident_temporaire.aspx?lang=eng "

Yet, people as asking him to send them emails on what he submitted. How about reading thru the links first? Simple instructions, smh!  undecided

Same thing on the "Travelling to Canada" thread. Alot of people have benefitted from reading thru the thread and making very good applications. Yet, you'd get the odd requests asking what the process is all about and how to go about it. Perhaps, I'm just infuriated by intellectually lazy folks who cannot (or do not want to) read but are very quick to ask for emails, phone calls and throw insults.

Funny enough, you answered mikkyangel's question and you made some good points. That's what a public forum is all about. I'd add to your response to mikkyangel that every application is unique. A hotel booking may work for A because it fits his profile as a traveller but may not work for B for other odd reasons. The onus is on you to prove that you are going on a vacation and you will be returning; so you have to prove strong ties. In Dan's case, he had a job and he had made several other trips. The job proved that he could afford the trip and he would come back to his job. His several other trips showed that he was a credible traveller and will likely return to Nigeria.

My point is, you need to be able to satisfy the consul. Booking a hotel and/or getting an invitation letter may (not) work for you. It depends on your profile as an applicant. Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2011
@ delta007. i knew u 2 b a nice dude from the topic list "Travelling To Canada" i never asked @thebaft or @ Dantecmu 2 send there copy of application but just a list of document submitted @ the Canadian embassy.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Delta007(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2011
johnolas:

@ delta007. i knew u 2 b a nice dude from the topic list "Travelling To Canada" i never asked @thebaft or @ Dantecmu 2 send there copy of application but just a list of document submitted @ the Canadian embassy.
John, I'm still a nice dude grin

OK, maybe I didnt come across well; my apologies. However, my point still remains. You do not need any list from anybody. The list you need is on the CDHC website posted on this thread. By the way, info on that website is constantly changing; so if you rely on what Baft sent, you may be out of luck. More importantly, see my previous reply to mikkyangel. These applications are somewhat unique. You have to go thru that list and customize it to suit your profile. It's just like an 17yr old leaving secondary/high school. He will apply for a study permit with his WAEC results, letter of acceptance, etc for an undergrad program. If a 26yr old chooses to use similar document to apply for a study permit for an undergrad program, he/she'd likely be denied. The 26yr old will have to go the extra mile to explain the gap in his educational pursuits. Similarly, for a visitors visa, you need to supply documents that will prove you that you are genuine. Above all, you have to prove that you'd return to Nigeria. Unless you and Baft are the same person, I fail to see how using his list will be beneficial to you. You are better off asking specific questions; for instance, if you are not sure how to prove your strong ties to Nigeria, you can give a brief profile of yourself and someone may be able to give you ideas or advice you appropriately. I wish you good luck!
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by mikkyangel(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2011
More Questions 4 the house,( and thanks for your reply Dantecmu)
Would you guys advise me to go ahead with my Canada Tourist Visa application in N9ja?, sensing the stress i may be subjected to, OR should i fly to USA and apply for this tourist visa while in Maryland Baltimore. i still have a valid US visa and i recently found an agent (in America) who specializes in tourist and Bizness class visas for non-us citizens. I called them yesterday and they told me all the requirements ,
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 12:20am On Jan 12, 2011
@ Dantecmu,

Your blessings have followed me oh! I just received my application today from DHL. I was given a one-year multiple entry visa! I thank God for his kindness. At least, I go dey tell people, 'my broda , Canada dey , nurrin much' grin

@ johnolas,

Me self , I don dey laugh like Obasanjo , please check your inbox by tomorrow.

@ everyone,
Just for your information, I submitted my application on the 13th of December 2010 via DHL courier. My application was received by the CDHC on the 14th of December (signed by Anselm). The receipt of payment included in my returned application package had a time stamp of 21st December 2010 on it. From the DHL website, my return package left the CDHC on Monday 10 January 2011. So judging from their website, processing time starts on the day the CDHC receives your application (14 December 2010) and ends when they send it out, back to you (January 10, 2011). Assuming that the CDHC did not close on any other day apart from the public holidays declared by the Federal Government, I can safely say that my application took 17 working days to process. Once again, thank you all for your comments.

@delta007,

It is not cool to think that someone is daft. Different people with different backgrounds and different world views, understand the same thing in different ways. There is also a need for a benchmark for document submission and in my opinion, successful applications are the benchmark. This is why I told the requester to be patient, until I determine the outcome of my application. Do not be hard on people who ask questions, because you might just scare them off. If I openly told my subordinates at the office that they are being daft by asking certain types of questions, then I would never get any useful work done at the office.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by airmark(m): 3:10am On Jan 12, 2011
@thebaft , congrats man. I wish you all the best in canada. You sounded well cultured.
@Delta007, Learn to be humble, no matter who you are. it will take you far in life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Cope In Lagos As A Professional Without A Car / Getting Marry To American Lady / Nigerians In Germany...i Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.