Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? (14228 Views)

How To Bridge The Gap Between American Born Nigerians & Nigerians / Disrespect Of The Red Cap And Igbo Traditions:i Blame Your Parents!! / Gap Tooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by iamord(m): 8:02am On Jul 24, 2014
Pavore9: Has anyone noticed that Francophone countries from lvory Coast to Gabon have this laid back lifestyle and are jaiye-jaiye people. They love working less & "relaxing" harder, most of those really hustling in those countries are mostly foreigners!
u smart on that.. I have n oticed the same trend
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by Emmy3(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2014
iamord: wow.. Its glaring to see. How all african countries behave. the Masters have really influenced the black race.
true talk
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by RichDad1(m): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2014
chlowi:

Oh common why would I want to have a day without laughter? Its gonna be an unfruitful day
It's because of Seun. I need my name back. Since you've intervened, I'll be giving him another chance.
#Bringbackmyusername.

2 Likes

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by RichDad1(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2014
ITbomb:
Hi, RichDad1
@ITbomb1
Point of correction, it's Richdad with no damn freaking insignificant 1.
Anyways, Hi
#Bringbackmyusername

2 Likes

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by Emmy3(m): 8:09am On Jul 24, 2014
ow11:

Great List, A slight Modification/Addition - Oman isn't in Africa and Mozambique appeared twice

Countries colonised by USA
Liberia

Countries colonised by Germany
Germany had to give up its colonies post world war 1

Cameroun - Handed over to France
Namibia - Handed over to South Africa
Tangayika - Handed over to Britain who merged it with Zanzibar to form Tanzania
Togo- Handed over to France

Countries colonised by France

Comoros Islands
Djibouti

Countries colonised by Britain

Seychelles
Mauritius

Countries colonised by Portugal

Sao Tome and Principe
Cape Verde

Countries colonised by Ethiopia

Eritrea

Countries colonised by Italy

Present day (Unrecognised) Somaliland - Merged with Somalia after WW1 but has been self governing since Somalia went south in the 90s.

Countries/Lands still colonised

Mayotte - France
Reunion - France
St. Helena - Britain
Tristan da Cunha -Britain
Canary Islands - Spain
Ceuta - Spain
Madeira - Portugal
Azores - Portugal

Unrecognised countries

Sarahawi Arab Republic (Western Sahara) Currently colonised by Morocco previously colonised by Spain
superb
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by drlaykay(m): 8:09am On Jul 24, 2014
The French are thieves. they never gave independence directly to the africa francophones . the only benefit they have is being governed by black men.most companies in the countries are French companies providing goods and services for exorbitant prices. Most of these countries do not own their indigenous central bank having their money printed and regulated in France.they devaluate the CFA franc at any time to suit France's economy.Laurent gbagbo was not a party to France's
extortion. he condemned many France policy.major reason France instigated the war in ivory coast for the fear of taming their sources of survival as gbagbo had stopped the rentage of the national assembly built by France in ivory coast, introducing well meaning companies ( Mtn and others got access to ivory coast as a result)

2 Likes

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by haryomikun(m): 8:12am On Jul 24, 2014
ow11:

Great List, A slight Modification/Addition - Oman isn't in Africa and Mozambique appeared twice

Liberia

Comoros Islands
Djibouti

Seychelles
Mauritius

Sao Tome and Principe
Cape Verde

Eritrea

Present day (Unrecognised) Somaliland - Merged with Somalia after WW1 but has been self governing since Somalia went south in the 90s.

Mayotte - France
Reunion - France
St. Helena - Britain
Canary Islands - Spain
Ceuta - Spain
Madeira - Portugal
Azores - Portugal

Unrecognised countries

Sarahawi Arab Republic (Western Sahara) Currently colonised by Morocco previously colonised by Spain
Confirm... I don't even know what the F.ucking French and British Bastards are still doing in Africa! They are f.ucking annoying people. All dose countries like Mayotte, ceuta, madeira and all should break off 4rm dem!

1 Like

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by Anthrophile(m): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2014
While Britain handed over power (political, economic and military), completely to former colonies at independence; France is still subjugating hers till this very day. Vital decisions of her former colonies are taken from Paris. One of the many sad facts slowing the implementation of the Eco currency in ECOWAS countries. The British are truly liberal minded.

1 Like

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by sweetgala(m): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2014
Yes the lack of natural resources has affected many French countries , but without a doubt where the British made little attempt to keep its African colonies thinking and adopting it's policies and gave them a relatively free hand to develop themselves

The French made all attempts to keep their colonies thinking and acting French , why else does Cameroon have one of the oldest dictatorships in Africa, till now France pulls strings in almost every francophone nation in Africa.

See how freely and quickly they deployed in ivory coast and Mali.

I've always contended that the reason Africa is making a slow collective progress ECOWAS and AU etc is because of France in particular, they can VETO any Nigerian/Ghana/SA decision freely through their colonies .

Do you know the atrocities BOKASA carried out under French watch and excuses. His grand coronation was funded and assisted by France !

Why do you think Thomas Sankara was eliminated and replaced by his VP , who reversed all the progress achieved within a short period !

3 Likes

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by eunisam: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Some countries are still under colony at this era? Wow thank God am a Nigerian.9ja no dey carry yanch!

3 Likes

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by jantavanta(m): 10:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Even the syllabus for the teaching of French in Nigeria shows elements of an attempt at Assmilation, that is, you are not allowed to grab the language and go scot free.
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by Elebiju: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2014
Emmy3:
COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY BRITAIN
Botswana,
Egypt,
The Gambia,
Ghana,
Kenya,
Lesotho,
Malawi,
Namibia,
Nigeria,
Sierra Leone,
Somalia,
Sudan,
Swaziland,
Tanzania,
Uganda,
Zambia,
Zimbabwe,
Sudan

COUNTRY THAT WAS COLONISED BY SPAIN.
Equatorial Guinea
COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY PORTUGAL.
Angola,
Guinea-Bissau,
Mozambique,
Oman
COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY FRANCE.
Benin,
Burkina Faso,
Cameroon,
Central African Republic,
Chad,
Republic of the Congo,
Cote d'Ivoire,
Gabon,
Guinea,
Madagascar,
Mali,
Mauritania,
Mozambique,
Niger,
Senegal,
Togo,
Algeria,
Morocco,
Tunisia

COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY BELGIUM.
Burundi,
Democratic Republic of the Congo,
Rwanda
COUNTRY THAT WAS COLONISED BY ITALY.
Libya
COUNTRY THAT WAS NEVER COLONIZED
Ethiopia
and Liberia
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by Elebiju: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2014
ow11:

Liberia

Comoros Islands
Djibouti

Seychelles
Mauritius

Sao Tome and Principe
Cape Verde

Eritrea

Mayotte - France
Reunion - France
St. Helena - Britain
Canary Islands - Spain
Ceuta - Spain
Madeira - Portugal
Azores - Portugal

Unrecognised countries

slight modification too,

Independent states

*.Liberia, founded by theAmerican Colonization Societyof theUnited Statesin 1821; declared independence in 1847

*.Ethiopian Empire(Abyssinia) had its borders re-drawn with the establishment ofItalian Eritrea; Ethiopia was occupied byItalyin 1936 during theAbyssinia Crisis.
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by obeski13(m): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
ojeota: Sincerly, the francophone countries are better off(political stability,economic wise etc) especially in west africa.
.my sis, i dont they are better off.political stability i can yes,but economic wise, i would say no.most of them depend on france for virtually everything.that is why they are not producing anything.if anything happens to france's economy today,they are finished.they cant enter into any bilateral agreement with any country without d approval of france

1 Like

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by ow11(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Elebiju: slight modification too,

Independent states

*.Liberia, founded by theAmerican Colonization Societyof theUnited Statesin 1821; declared independence in 1847

*.Ethiopian Empire(Abyssinia) had its borders re-drawn with the establishment ofItalian Eritrea; Ethiopia was occupied byItalyin 1936 during theAbyssinia Crisis.

So Technically, the natives in that area were being ordered around by people from the USA till 1847 or if you like controversy, 1980.
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by yashau(m): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
[quote author=RichDad1]
Yes! That's why I become a member. But this Seun guy is hitting on my nerves with that USELESS No 1 appended to my name. For the umpteenth time Seun I beg you in name of all the deity you believe in, my name is Richdad not Richdad1.
Reverse it now or else....
#Bringbackmyusername[/quote
eh eh eh I dey laugh in Zulu, hmmm nairaland hail oooo

1 Like

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by cruise14(f): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
I don't know where you people get this. Atleast half of french speaking countries in Africa are on the coast.
curiouses: As stated in the article, majority of francophone countries are landlocked and lack natural resources which is a major determinant of a nation's development. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by anonymous6(f): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by curiouses: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
anonymous6: [img]http://geocurrents.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Africa_Official_Language_map.jpg[/img]
cruise14: I don't know where you people get this. Atleast half of french speaking countries in Africa are on the coast.
Maybe I'm wrong. It's not just about been a coastal country, It's more about what the coast provides them with. And from the map above, Majority ain't on the coast
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by damimola(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
i believe the francophone guys are so comfortable with their situation.Nothing stops them from having a renewal of mind for a positive transformation of their state.they are a dumping ground for cars,cloths etc even milk(tin milk). the have few schools,industries,organizations and little or no natural resources yet this has been for long.
on the other hand, i believe if the british were much around when we found fuel,then what happen in south africa about their gold would have happen here.
Finally we africans have become complacent expectantly looking forward to loans and aids from some countries that were ones like us.

one day i believe nigeria will be lending money to top nations,doing better than swiss bank and IMF and also teach other countries to grow...amin
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by iamord(m): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
damimola: i believe the francophone guys are so comfortable with their situation.Nothing stops them from having a renewal of mind for a positive transformation of their state.they are a dumping ground for cars,cloths etc even milk(tin milk). the have few schools,industries,organizations and little or no natural resources yet this has been for long.
on the other hand, i believe if the british were much around when we found fuel,then what happen in south africa about their gold would have happen here.
Finally we africans have become complacent expectantly looking forward to loans and aids from some countries that were ones like us.

one day i believe nigeria will be lending money to top nations,doing better than swiss bank and IMF and also teach other countries to grow...amin
amen but doing better than IMF won't. Be easy.. U need a very. Strong leadership. And goverment system. And be ready for a. War when. U try. To achieve that cos the elites won't want to see you achieve. That.m. Its even your fellow bro they will. Use to bring u down.. In other to have a stand its better. To ijoin under the umbrella of pan africanism.. U can't break broom sticks once they are joined as brooms

1 Like

Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by kingston277(m): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by MOBBDEEP: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
ow11:

Liberia

Comoros Islands
Djibouti

Seychelles
Mauritius

Sao Tome and Principe
Cape Verde

Eritrea

Mayotte - France
Reunion - France
St. Helena - Britain
Canary Islands - Spain
Ceuta - Spain
Madeira - Portugal
Azores - Portugal

Unrecognised countries

I hail ooooh bros!!!!!!
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by matrixme(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Why, in 2014 should we still be discussing the post-colonial hangover of African nations? Arguing if their land-locked status or the langage they speak determines their success? What else should we attribute to the inability of African leaders to arise and take charge of their nation's destiny? The fact that it doesn't snow in Africa or no ice caps? A Yoruba proverb is translated thus: if we dish pounded yam in a (single) leaf and the soup in groundnut shell, someone or two would still be satisfied on eating the meal. Exactly how it is with African countries, I think.
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by donem: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
RichDad1: I wish I had something reasonable to say.
I'm sorry. sadsad
haha nairaland, apology accepted shaah.
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by ayobase(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Emmy3:
COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY BRITAIN
Botswana,
Egypt,
The Gambia,
Ghana,
Kenya,
Lesotho,
Malawi,
Namibia,
Nigeria,
Sierra Leone,
Somalia,
Sudan,
Swaziland,
Tanzania,
Uganda,
Zambia,
Zimbabwe,
Sudan

COUNTRY THAT WAS COLONISED BY SPAIN.
Equatorial Guinea
COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY PORTUGAL.
Angola,
Guinea-Bissau,
Mozambique,
Oman
COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY FRANCE.
Benin,
Burkina Faso,
Cameroon,
Central African Republic,
Chad,
Republic of the Congo,
Cote d'Ivoire,
Gabon,
Guinea,
Madagascar,
Mali,
Mauritania,
Mozambique,
Niger,
Senegal,
Togo,
Algeria,
Morocco,
Tunisia

COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONISED BY BELGIUM.
Burundi,
Democratic Republic of the Congo,
Rwanda
COUNTRY THAT WAS COLONISED BY ITALY.
Libya
COUNTRY THAT WAS NEVER COLONIZED
Ethiopia

this list is from where pls?

I have always known Liberia and Algeria as African Contries that were never Colonised.

where is South Africa on ur list?
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by ayobase(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2014
after reading through, I wanna believe there is a major difference between "founded by" and "colonised by".
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by anonymous6(f): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
ayobase: after reading through, I wanna believe there is a major difference between "founded by" and "colonised by".

interesting
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by ayobase(m): 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
anonymous6:

interesting

does it make any sense to you?
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by anonymous6(f): 1:34am On Jul 29, 2014
ayobase:

does it make any sense to you?

in what way?
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by ayobase(m): 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
anonymous6:

in what way?

do u also think or know that there is or no difference between founded and colonised.
Re: Performance Gap Between Francophones And Anglophones: Who’s To Blame? by Banuso99: 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
curiouses:
As stated in the article, majority of francophone countries are landlocked and lack natural resources which is a major determinant of a nation's development. Simple.

This is not true at all. There are many Francophone African countries that have access to the sea , having plenty resources and still not doing well. The problems aren't what you mentioned. They go beyond those.

What a nice thread though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State / 20 Main Yoruba Juju And Their Meaning. / What's Wrong With "ghetto" Black Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.