Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata (1625 Views)

Caption The conversation between van gaal, Valencia And Mata(photo) / Photos: De Gea Joins Man Utd Team mates Herrera And Mata On Shopping Spree / Best Strike Partnership Of All Time At Club Level: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 5:06am On Jul 24, 2014
this two guys are the next big thing in man utd It's just like xavi and iniesta meanwhile manutd; 4 la galaxy; not (0) am so loving this club
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by RoyalRoy(m): 5:08am On Jul 24, 2014
heatmeup: this two guys are the next big thing in man utd It's just like xavi and iniesta meanwhile manutd; 2 la galaxy; not (0) am so loving this club

Too bad I couldn't watch the game live!!! Catching up on the recorded snippets.

But I think Mata's fighting spirit is kinda low jare.
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 5:33am On Jul 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Too bad I couldn't watch the game live!!! Catching up on the recorded snippets.

But I think Mata's fighting spirit is kinda low jare.
u need to watch dis match lvg practically change the whole team is he crazy
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by RoyalRoy(m): 6:01am On Jul 24, 2014
heatmeup: u need to watch dis match lvg practically change the whole team is he crazy

It pained me so bad cos I had wanted to fly there to watch the team play and get some autographs but no time. angry angry sad

Hopefully their next game.

LVG is a non sentimental coach. I believe he wants a fast pace attacking style for Man U. Hopefully the team gels well without wearing the boys out.

Who do you think deserves the captainship band? Rooney or RVP?
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:

It pained me so bad cos I had wanted to fly there to watch the team play and get some autographs but no time. angry angry sad

Hopefully their next game.

LVG is a non sentimental coach. I believe he wants a fast pace attacking style for Man U. Hopefully the team gels well without wearing the boys out.

Who do you think deserves the captainship band? Rooney or RVP?
i think rooney oooooo
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:35am On Jul 24, 2014
Rooney was the clear candidate few seasons ago.Now,I'm not too sure.The sting has gone out of his game and that would affect the way he motivates the team.We need an all-action captain(somebody that can lead by action and inaction-think Ramos,Roy Keane,Mascherano[he was the captain not Messi grin],Cantona,Kompany,Vidic,Thiery Henry).If Rooney must get the band,he must lift his game to the point that he carries the team on his shoulders at all times.(think 08/09 season-a season after Ronaldo left)He needs to rekindle his passion for the club.
heatmeup: i think rooney oooooo
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Rooney was the clear candidate few seasons ago.Now,I'm not too sure.The sting has gone out of his game and that would affect the way he motivates the team.We need an all-action captain(somebody that can lead by action and inaction-think Ramos,Roy Keane,Mascherano[he was the captain not Messi grin],Cantona,Kompany,Vidic,Thiery Henry).If Rooney must get the band,he must lift his game to the point that he carries the team on his shoulders at all times.(think 08/09 season-a season after Ronaldo left)He needs to rekindle his passion for the club.
if u watch his last match you will know that he deserves it he is ready to prove himself under lvg and trust me if you want rooney to perform put im in the midfield and let him act like an inside forward. excatly what i told my brother playing football manager and trust me he bcame the best premiership player dat season

1 Like

Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2014
As much as I agree he has playmaking attributes,I dont see him playing there.Besides,he had complained in the past that he isn't happy playing from the midfield.That was part of the reason he had friction with Fergie.His best season in the red shirt came when he occupied the striking role.The problem now is that LVG would mostly likely employ a 3-man midfield.This leaves us with one space up front and you can bet itz gonna be RVP.Mata and Kagawa are better playmakers so the midfield has no space for him.Deploying a 4-3-3 formation means Rooney has to play wide or stay on the bench.LVG has to find a solution to this problem(a good one if you ask me wink )
heatmeup: if u watch his last match you will know that he deserves it he is ready to prove himself under lvg and trust me if you want rooney to perform put im in the midfield and let him act like an inside forward. excatly what i told my brother playing football manager and trust me he bcame the best premiership player dat season
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by olumzzz(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: As much as I agree he has playmaking attributes,I dont see him playing there.Besides,he had complained in the past that he isn't happy playing from the midfield.That was part of the reason he had friction with Fergie.His best season in the red shirt came when he occupied the striking role.The problem now is that LVG would mostly likely employ a 3-man midfield.This leaves us with one space up front and you can bet itz gonna be RVP.Mata and Kagawa are better playmakers so the midfield has no space for him.Deploying a 4-3-3 formation means Rooney has to play wide or stay on the bench.LVG has to find a solution to this problem(a good one if you ask me wink )
U try sha but using 3 attackers doesn't restrict him 2 d wings. All 3 will interchange positions (makes it hard for opposition to mark dem). Imagine Messi, Eto'o and Henry. All 3 were scoring for fun.
Also;
Messi, Pedro, Villa
Shevchenko, kaka, Inzaghi
Forlan, Cavani, Suarez (2010 world cup)
etc
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by abatically(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: As much as I agree he has playmaking attributes,I dont see him playing there.Besides,he had complained in the past that he isn't happy playing from the midfield.That was part of the reason he had friction with Fergie.His best season in the red shirt came when he occupied the striking role.The problem now is that LVG would mostly likely employ a 3-man midfield.This leaves us with one space up front and you can bet itz gonna be RVP.Mata and Kagawa are better playmakers so the midfield has no space for him.Deploying a 4-3-3 formation means Rooney has to play wide or stay on the bench.LVG has to find a solution to this problem(a good one if you ask me wink )

Did it occur to u that LVG would probably play 3-5-2? That's the formation he plays with Netherlands and that is the same formation he played last night. That way Rooney and RVP will play upfront while mata plays behind them. This is also why I think Cuadrado would be a better bargain than Di Maria in a 3-5-2 formation. Di maria can't play as a wing back while Cuadrado has a better work rate and can play wing back.. just like Valencia. In a 4-3-3 formation..... Di Maria would rule and there might be no room for Rooney unless RVP is injured.
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
I get you bro.I didn't mean he'll be turned into a winger but his time inside the 18 would be limited.Besides,if we r gonna go with you formation that has dem interchange then we need to find another striker(or scorer) to flank RvP on the other side
olumzzz:
U try sha but using 3 attackers doesn't restrict him 2 d wings. All 3 will interchange positions (makes it hard for opposition to mark dem). Imagine Messi, Eto'o and Henry. All 3 were scoring for fun.
Also;
Messi, Pedro, Villa
etc

1 Like

Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
I don't think LVG would play 3-5-2 in man utd.He changed his formation to that wen he realised that his midfield general(Strootman) wont be fit to play.We might need to.see more friendlies to determine LVG's default formation.Time will tell.
abatically:

Did it occur to u that LVG would probably play 3-5-2? That's the formation he plays with Netherlands and that is the same formation he played last night. That way Rooney and RVP will play upfront while mata plays behind them. This is also why I think Cuadrado would be a better bargain than Di Maria in a 3-5-2 formation. Di maria can't play as a wing back while Cuadrado has a better work rate and can play wing back.. just like Valencia. In a 4-3-3 formation..... Di Maria would rule and there might be no room for Rooney unless RVP is injured.
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by RoyalRoy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
Nice and cool analysis guys.

But somehow it seems LVG will stick to 3-5-2 like he played yesterday and at the world cup. Time will tell
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
kagawa would b the scapegoat
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
olumzzz:
Also;
Messi, Pedro, Villa
etc
exactly my point the middle striker will play as a poacher and the other two as an inside forward
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
Football comes naturally to him.He is a 2:1 material in footballing terms.I feel sad for him
heatmeup: kagawa would b the scapegoat
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Football comes naturally to him.He is a 2:1 material in footballing terms.I feel sad for him
as much as am in love with him he would b the scapegoat for Rooney

1 Like

Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by RoyalRoy(m): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hey... nobody is talking about the big dude..the 90 minutes man... the workaholic....a.k.a Fellaini
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
RoyalRoy: Hey... nobody is talking about the big dude..the 90 minutes man... the workaholic....a.k.a Fellaini
i don't think i can even recognize him with his hair not there
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by drpialabi: 12:33am On Jul 25, 2014
olumzzz:
Also;
Messi, Pedro, Villa
etc
bros why did you go that far for examples. What of d rooney, ronaldo, tevez combination of 2007/08 season.
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by olumzzz(m): 8:40am On Jul 25, 2014
drpialabi: bros why did you go that far for examples. What of d rooney, ronaldo, tevez combination of 2007/08 season.
Abi o. Thanks 4 reminding.. Champions league winning trio
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by drpialabi: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2014
I like lvg's current tactics but it may not work against some clubs esp those with fast-paced wingers. If the wing backs are left in d opponent's half after a counter attack u need well experienced centre backs to help out. I dont think d smalling-jones-evans combination is well equiped to handle this. So we need a comanding figure in dat area. Some1 dt can act like vidic &ferdinard of old, terry, kompany etc. In dis regard i think we should sign hummels. If he's not available we should go for ron vlaar and wost case scenario vermaleen. Next is the midfield where the major p lies. Herrera-mata combination alone can not work. The 2 are very intelligent ballers but fragile, so we need a ball winning midfielder who will nullify opponents attack&connect quickly with our attackers. My first choice is vidal followed by carvalho, but if this players dont wanna cum cos we aint playing champe next season,dn their r odas who could fit in like alex song, de jong, gustavo, etc. For the strikers i think we are endowed, we v 2 of dm which any team in d world will want n dats rooney n vp. Also we v many 10s like kagawa, mata, januzaj n even rooney. My main concerns are the wingers. Nani, young, valencia v bn consistently inconsistent while zaha dont v playing time. I want to believe dat wot these wingers lack is belief in themselves. The belief dat they can drible in to d opponents box thru d wings instead of always returning d ball to d defenders. Once we start playing wt confidence under lvg, this postives will also rub on dem. IRMC

1 Like

Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2014
drpialabi: I like lvg's current tactics but it may not work against some clubs esp those with fast-paced wingers. If the wing backs are left in d opponent's half after a counter attack u need well experienced centre backs to help out. I dont think d smalling-jones-evans combination is well equiped to handle this. So we need a comanding figure in dat area. Some1 dt can act like vidic &ferdinard of old, terry, kompany etc. In dis regard i think we should sign hummels. If he's not available we should go for ron vlaar and wost case scenario vermaleen. Next is the midfield where the major p lies. Herrera-mata combination alone can not work. The 2 are very intelligent ballers but fragile, so we need a ball winning midfielder who will nullify opponents attack&connect quickly with our attackers. My first choice is vidal followed by carvalho, but if this players dont wanna cum cos we aint playing champe next season,dn their r odas who could fit in like alex song, de jong, gustavo, etc. For the strikers i think we are endowed, we v 2 of dm which any team in d world will want n dats rooney n vp. Also we v many 10s like kagawa, mata, januzaj n even rooney. My main concerns are the wingers. Nani, young, valencia v bn consistently inconsistent while zaha dont v playing time. I want to believe dat wot these wingers lack is belief in themselves. The belief dat they can drible in to d opponents box thru d wings instead of always returning d ball to d defenders. Once we start playing wt confidence under lvg, this postives will also rub on dem. IRMC
nice one but remember is formation uses wing backs and this is where rafeal and shaw comes in and i tell you when it comes to confidence you will definately give it to these guys.btw na me dey analyse ball like this
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by drpialabi: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
heatmeup: nice one but remember is formation uses wing backs and this is where rafeal and shaw comes in and i tell you when it comes to confidence you will definately give it to these guys.btw na me dey analyse ball like this
. U r ryt. Shaw n rafeal will be first choice wing backs in the 3-5-2, but rafeal has bn very vulnerable defensively especially in the last two seasons. What if both of them become injured, wot formation do u think we will play
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by heatmeup(f): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
drpialabi: . U r ryt. Shaw n rafeal will be first choice wing backs in the 3-5-2, but rafeal has bn very vulnerable defensively especially in the last two seasons. What if both of them become injured, wot formation do u think we will play
4 3 3
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by TrebleChamp(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
Good day all, please i need a link to
download the highlights of Manchester
United 7 - 0 win over LA Galaxy. Thanks
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by abatically(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
TrebleChamp: Good day all, please i need a link to
download the highlights of Manchester
United 7 - 0 win over LA Galaxy. Thanks

If u have enough data, why not watch the full match here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAnCPd19UQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9AbaFGPbN8

And then the match against Roma tomorrow will be streamed here LIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk0B_avLMRE
Re: The Partnership Of Herrera And Mata by TrebleChamp(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
abatically:

If u have enough data, why not watch the full match here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAnCPd19UQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9AbaFGPbN8

And then the match against Roma tomorrow will be streamed here LIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk0B_avLMRE
I don't have enough data to stream it for now but thank you so much for the YouTube link.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Italian Model, Claudia Romani Set To Become Professional Referee In Serie A / MAN UTD Vs ARSENAL :lineup Tactics Predictions Match. / Full UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Pairings; Share Your Thoughts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.