Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Unity Bank Sacks 170 Workers, Recruits 300 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unity Bank Sacks 170 Workers, Recruits 300 (814 Views)

FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ / Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unity Bank Sacks 170 Workers, Recruits 300 by Omooba77: 7:01am On Jul 24, 2014
Unity Bank Plc on Wednesday said it had sacked 170 staff in its operations nationwide.
The banks also announced that it had recruited 300 new employees in what it described as “repositioning exercise”.
This was contained in a statement by the bank’s management in Lagos on Wednesday.
It said that the “right-sizing” was to position the bank for sustainable quality services in its branches across the nation.
According to it, the development of the bank’s human resource remains one of the key areas identified in our just-concluded capital raising.
The statement quoted the bank’s Executive Director, Secretariat and Services, Mrs Aisha Abraham, as saying that people were the bank’s greatest assets.
Abraham said that the bank would continue to train and rejuvenate the workforce, adding that the management would continue to introduce “a steady mix of promising young talents and experienced professionals.”
According to her, the bank’s goal is to offer quality services to its customers through a team of dedicated and resourceful staff at all times.
She also said that the bank’s major aim was to be the “retail bank of choice” in the nation’s banking industry.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/07/23/unity-bank-sacks-170-workers-recruits-300/
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 170 Workers, Recruits 300 by Omooba77: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2014
I still wonder how this Bank survived Sanusi's sunamis..............
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 170 Workers, Recruits 300 by purplesummer(f): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2014
What's the essence of laying off a hundred and seventy staff when they could just recruit 130 to make the number up to 300?
I just hate the way these banks retrench their staff like they are dead machines
Re: Unity Bank Sacks 170 Workers, Recruits 300 by Omooba77: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2014
purplesummer: What's the essence of laying off a hundred and seventy staff when they could just recruit 130 to make the number up to 300?
I just hate the way these banks retrench their staff like they are dead machines

They will always weed out those who did not meet deposit target............I'm still surprised that this bank still exist. Their ATM is the worst .................

(1) (Reply)

Seven Things You Must Do Daily / Please Help: I Have Never Been Called Back For Job Opening I Apply To. / The 10 Million Naira Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.