Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria (985 Views)

Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions / Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria / Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 24, 2014
FirstBank Limited and global
payments provider, PayPal, have
announced a partnership to encourage
Nigerians shop online across the world.
PayPal is global payments provider with
148 million active accounts in 203
markets.
The partnership with FirstBank will
allow customers of the bank to register
for a PayPal account from their
FirstOnline, Internet-banking account.
“By linking FirstBank-issued debit,
prepaid or credit cards to their new
PayPal account, FirstBank customers
can shop and pay on millions of
websites around the world from their
PCs, tablets or smartphones, without
having to share their financial
information with the seller”, explained
Chuma Ezirim, Head of E-Buisness,
FirstBank.
“Through this partnership, FirstBank
customers gain a unique advantage as
their PayPal account will receive
automatic verification and increased
transaction limits, making it even
easier to start making online or mobile
payments”, he added.
Commenting on the partnership, Efi
Dahan, PayPal’s Regional Director for
Africa and Israel, said; “Millions of
Nigerians already shop on websites in
the US, UK or China, but many find that
their cards are rejected or have
concerns about entering their credit
card details on the website of a seller
based overseas. PayPal is used by
hundreds of millions of people around
the world to make international
payments because PayPal payments
are trusted by international retailers
and we don’t share your financial
details with anyone”.
“This exclusive partnership with
FirstBank is a major milestone in
PayPal’s Africa growth story and we
hope to make more announcements
together in the future as our
partnership develops.”Dahan stated.
According to FirstBank spokesperson,
Folake Ani-Mumuney, “The acceptance
of FirstBank Cards for making PayPal
payments is a significant boost to our
continuous initiative to drive innovation
in banking services and our promise to
always put customers at the heart of
our business. This partnership will
provide convenience for our customers
planning their summer shopping.
FirstBank cards are accepted in over
200 countries and on millions of PoS
terminals and ATMs around the world.
This partnership with PayPal provides
further unique benefits to FirstBank
customers,” she added.
“We are delighted to be able to bring
PayPal to all our customers in Nigeria in
a partnership that is consistent with
our drive to support the push towards a
cashless society in Nigeria and lead
innovation in development of secure
online payment systems. For all
FirstBank customers, opening a Paypal
account using our FirstOnline platform
will only take a few minutes, as the cus.

SOURCE: Vanguard NG
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by onyfrank: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2014
i hav a first bank verve card. Would paypal accept it?
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by fnep2smooth(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2014
nice one but firstbank services is outdated........... i cant see myself standing with old pensioners in line to withdraw inside the bank... they should have partner with gtbank or any of this new technology bank

1 Like

Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2014
onyfrank: i hav a first bank verve card. Would paypal accept it?
Yes! They surely will.. Though i opened and verified mine with GTBank Naira MasterCard.
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2014
fnep2smooth: nice one but firstbank services is outdated........... i cant see myself standing with old pensioners in line to withdraw inside the bank... they should have partner with gtbank or any of this new technology bank
Hahaha... Funny you cheesy
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by onyfrank: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2014
PadBin:
Yes! They surely will.. Though i opened and verified mine with GTBank Naira MasterCard.
ok thanx. But i went to paypal site to verified, bt the cards i saw there were Visa, Mastercard, discovery, and . . . No Verve. How do i go about it.
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by kweenkong(f): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2014
PadBin:

hello, tried linking my GTB card to my paypal account but it gave an error message saying the card is not linked . Do I ned to get authorization from the bank?
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
kweenkong:

hello, tried linking my GTB card to my paypal account but it gave an error message saying the card is not linked . Do I ned to get authorization from the bank?
You definitely don't need to get authorized from the Bank. All you need to do is: Make sure the billing address in your GTBank matches the one you used in Paypal; Also note that you must have enough fund in your MasterCard. That should solve the problem.
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
onyfrank:
ok thanx. But i went to paypal site to verified, bt the cards i saw there were Visa, Mastercard, discovery, and . . . No Verve. How do i go about it.
Then you need to owned any of the listed Card to be able to get verified.
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Birniwa(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
Does this partnership lift the restriction of receiving payments, at least for FirstBank account owners ?
Re: Firstbank, Paypal Partner To Encourage Online Shopping In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
Birniwa: Does this partnership lift the restriction of receiving payments, at least for FirstBank account owners ?
Not at all.. It's only make things more easier when purchasing items online..

(1) (Reply)

Charcoal Export Quality Inspection Training / Looking For Resource Persons For An Udemy.com kind Of Website. / Buy Any LG Product For As Low As N2,000!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.