Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Are Old People Really Wiser Than Young People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Old People Really Wiser Than Young People (1681 Views)

20 Misconceptions Young People Have About Life / Men Are Wiser Than Ladies, Do You Agree ? / Are The Young People Of Today Very Lazy And Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Old People Really Wiser Than Young People by tunaguy(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2014
Some people just live life and
ignore the lesson that life can teach you, and
some people are just retarded. Therefore,
wisdom is not gauged by age.
Yes, old people have had more time to
accumulate knowledge and lived in a time where
wisdom was more openly praised and less
materialistic.
Too bad some people are brainwashed into what
the majority believes is true and don't take the
time to free their minds and let reason and logic
rule their lives, instead of common beliefs.
So, the only contributing factor to the wisdom of
old folk is time (or the accumulation of
knowledge to be exact)
If a young person searches within his own
thoughts and remembers the lessons life
teaches, then that person can be just as wise as
any older person.Older
people have grown up a certain way, although they've been through a lot more than the
younger generation, some of the younger
generation know more of what's going on in the
present. The older generation and the younger
generation have different perspectives on life, as
shown in the commonly-used quote: "When I was
your age, ____." Older people may know more
general stuff about the world, but the younger
generation is learning more about the specifics.
Re: Are Old People Really Wiser Than Young People by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2014
dont u know xperience is d master teacher?
Re: Are Old People Really Wiser Than Young People by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2014
That's a gross fallacy of ignorantia and generalization...old people don't got sh1t but experience,reason why cus they have been existing before you came onboard,as a younging trying know more about life,when you study harder,make empirical researches and translate hypothesis to facts/myth,tell me you not gonna be wise and smart or you not attaining wisdom okay let cite an example,I'm a younging following christ whom my parents and grannies been telling me about but me I study hard and harder to get to know socialization made Christianity that sacred and God skipped pass the church to get to me so when they be saying anglican,catholic,baptist,apostolic,redeem etc,these sounds like game to me but my parents still believe in the in what they believe in,As it stands experience is mere teacher while knowledge and wisdom is power but remember they say prevention is better than cure experience like knowing the cure while prevention is having wisdom to not getting victimized...peace out!!!

(1) (Reply)

She Stole From Me. After All I Did For Her. [pics] / 20 Unbelievable Pictures That We Swear Aren't Photoshop .....enjoy! / Sug... The Student Union Government....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.