Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms (436270 Views)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms / Unfulfilled Promises' Ebook On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
ifyonoj: wow. dis is d best i have read on NL after. TAMISHO
Rily? Dts wonderful. Tanx dear. I'll search 4d story. Try reading 'False Pretenses' by my friend, repogirl. Its equally interesting. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
estellar12: angry Oshi! Collins should not try anityn o. I've vex.
Abeg no vex o! Reach d end of d story b4 u vex. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Rhyno02(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
Audrey i know u are viewing the topic so i'll just go straight to the point..........i love this story and i want to thank you for the story but please we need an update on eric's side of the story.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
deebarbie: I have to comment at this point,is Collins crazy? And if oleng should try fulfilling his yeye wish,then she is not d upright girl she claims to be. Love your story by the way nd just leave the title d way it is.
Oleng get her own plans o! Tanx dear 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
deebarbie: I have to comment at this point,is Collins crazy? And if oleng should try fulfilling his yeye wish,then she is not d upright girl she claims to be. Love your story by the way nd just leave the title d way it is.
Na love dey motivate Collins. Oleng get her own plans o! Tanx dear 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
princesa: Audry, nice story you have here.

Dear Readers, please don't be selfish. You read this and other stories here for free without paying. But there's someone else who has the resources to 'pay' the writers, all you are required to do is to nominate 3 writers a month and give them a chance to get a financial 'thank you'.

How hard can that be?

Well, If you've changed ur mind, the link is on my signature. Thank you.
Tanx dear. Can writers vote 2? I want to vote 4 my friend, repogirl.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Holubunmi: Oleng,dnt be confused dave love u,if colloins love u he wouldn't av behaved like dat in d past now he's coming 2 say sumtn else.oleng dnt be a fool......dnt fall 4 him.nice job bro
Collins hs realized his mistake. Tanx 4 following and commenting. BTW, na female I b sha!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
Rhyno02: Audrey i know u are viewing the topic so i'll just go straight to the point..........i love this story and i want to thank you for the story but please we need an update on eric's side of the story.
Tanx dear. Eric's side of the story will come @ its own time. If I bring it in now, it will disorganize the entire story. Sumtin happened wen part of his side ws told by him. Can't let d cat out of d bag now. Please b patient. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oleng laid on her bed that night as she recounted the events of that day. She hadn't been able to say a word to Collins's proposal. She had eventually told him she wanted to go home. He had been disappointed.

Oleng smiled as she remembered Dave's reaction at sighting Collins. Oleng had given Collins, Dave's home address. She had intentionally called Dave outside to say hello to her friend. Dave thinking it was a good thing since it showed Oleng was really committed to their relationship had been astonished to see it was Collins. Collins, the drop dead gorgeous guy who Oleng had introduced him to as 'just a friend'. And of course, driving an infinity jeep!

Oleng didn't understand the sudden wealth Collins seemed to have come into because he had been an average student in school back then. She was however certain that had she looked closely into Dave's eyes, she was sure she would have found them as green as the Incredible Hulk's.

She laughed heartily. Dave had behaved coldly towards her when Collins left. This was fun!

#############################
"Alright Collins. I'll see you tommorrow. Bye."
Oleng ended the call and smiled. She looked surreptiously at Dave. He looked murderous. She smiled again.

"What's the problem, sweetheart?" She asked feighning innocence,

He looked at her and looked away again at the television.

Oleng tried her best to stop smiling but couldn't help it.

Collins had continued disturbing her. He was always flooding her with gifts and calls much to Dave's chagrin. Unknown to Dave, Oleng had all Collins gifts stacked in a big box in her room. Collins had apologised over and over again for the way he had treated her. He didn't know however that she only listened to him because of Dave. She wanted to see how far Dave would go in his possessiveness and jealousy. He didn't know he looked very cute when jealous.

She moved to sit beside him on the sofa and held his hand.

"Talk to me na. What's the problem?" She purred.

"You're asking me?.....What's up with you and that Collins? For the past one month he has been calling you like twenty times a day. Does he work with MTN?" Dave was furious.

Oleng chuckled. She didn't want him to know she was the one who always flashed Collins to call whenever she was with him.

"Collins is just a friend." She informed him but he looked at her in disbelief.

"Just like you introduced me to him, right?"

Oleng bit her lip from smiling.

"He's really just a friend though he wants to be more than that."

"And your reply was?"

"Negative of course!"

"Then why is he still calling you?"

"Isn't he a guy? Do you guys ever take no for an answer?"

"Yes but when the lady is flashing green light for us, of course we'd think she's only playing hard to get."

"Are you saying I'm playing hard to get with Collins?"

"Even more than that! You're playing a dangerous game, Oleng. Is it because he's rich?" He raged.

"I can't believe this. Now you're calling me a gold digger? I'm going home!"

"Fine by me."

Oleng got up from the sofa and carried her hand bag.

At the door, she turned and coldly told him,
"Don't ever call my number again!"

4 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Rhyno02(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wonderful !!!,Team Eric and Oleng

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by ifyonoj: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
pls diz is too short. not fair embarassedpls diz is too short. not fair
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Rhyno02: Wonderful !!!,Team Eric and Oleng
Tanx dear. Hmm.......
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
ifyonoj: pls diz is too short. not fair embarassedpls diz is too short. not fair
Rily? Sory abt dt. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by princesa(f): 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Tanx dear. Can writers vote 2? I want to vote 4 my friend, repogirl.

yes writers can vote themselves and other writers too. Three is the maximum. Best of luck
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by shegeblend(m): 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
I want to use this medium to congratulates my colleagues popularly called (AJU AyA) for the journey so far as it is not easy i must say. AS student life is the best anytime any day. Now during your service year, it is better and a very good thing to starts researching on how to starts a brand new thing, what new innovation to lay your hands upon? where will this idea be located? and when to starts a brand new thing. Not untill after your service at all you will be thinking of how to provides answers to those questions. he who failed to plan will find it tough to make an head way, write your visibility study required to implement your new idea while you are still in the service. After your service just go ahead to carry out your proposed plans. by this you will employs many of your colleaques and eventually reduces the level of unemployment in our country.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
interest

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
shegeblend: I want to use this medium to congratulates my colleagues popularly called (AJU AyA) for the journey so far as it is not easy i must say. AS student life is the best anytime any day. Now during your service year, it is better and a very good thing to starts researching on how to starts a brand new thing, what new innovation to lay your hands upon? where will this idea be located? and when to starts a brand new thing. Not untill after your service at all you will be thinking of how to provides answers to those questions. he who failed to plan will find it tough to make an head way, write your visibility study required to implement your new idea while you are still in the service. After your service just go ahead to carry out your proposed plans. by this you will employs many of your colleaques and eventually reduces the level of unemployment in our country.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
interest
Uncle shegeblend, tanx 4d inspirational message ehn bt please dre's sumtin cald d NYSC section. It wud b beta 4u 2 post dis message dre 4 all corpers 2c. Tanx and pls edit it b4 posting it dre.

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by typompy234(f): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
We made front page...yayyyyyy, congrats AudreyTimms. Oya come and update sharp sharp
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by kendrick93(m): 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
seriously does any one hav d tym to read all dis long story.. unless u dnt hav anytin doin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
typompy234: We made front page...yayyyyyy, congrats AudreyTimms. Oya come and update sharp sharp
Rily? 4 shizzle? Wow! Who do I hv 2 thank 4 dis? Anyway, tanx 2 u, my readers. For following and commenting always. I luv u all! *takes off clothes and runs naked down the street in euphoria*
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
kendrick93: seriously does any one hav d tym to read all dis long story.. unless u dnt hav anytin doin
Lol! Oga, abeg no com pour sand sand 4 our garri. If u no wan read, no prblm bt abeg no discourage odas. grin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Joshuadon: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
SEE GBEGE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,GOOD MORNING BY DIS TYM
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm.................... Lovely!!!. Keep it up!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Incredibleme: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
wow am very happy UNFULFILLED PROMISE BY AUDREYTIMMS made front page, atleast my plan worked, *i was posting the link in other threads*
so guys make una respect me o i wast one of the pioneering uhm... Would i say comenter on this thread.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ormorlehwah: Hmmmmmmmm.................... Lovely!!!. Keep it up!
tanx dear

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Incredibleme: wow am very happy UNFULFILLED PROMISE BY AUDREYTIMMS made front page, atleast my plan worked, *i was posting the link in other threads*
so guys make una respect me o i wast one of the pioneering uhm... Would i say comenter on this thread.
Rily? And dey allowed u? Dt ws so swit of u oga pioneer commenter. Tanx a million dear. grin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oleng burst into laughter when she got to his date. This was getting interesting. Funny, the thought of Dave being so jealous was endearing him to her. She believed she was beginning to fall in love with him. She smiled.

She was however not smiling three days later. Dave hadn't called her in all of three days. She was at her tether's end.

"Aunt Vien, what am I going to do now? Should I go over to his place?" She worriedly asked her aunt.

"Its too late in the day for you to go over there. Why did you do it sef?"

"I don't know again o! I just wanted to see how far his jealousy would go."

"You girls of nowadays sef. Its so obvious that he loves you. Why the test? Why toy with his emotions?"

Oleng bit her finger nails. She was so sorry she had started such a nasty game. She was toying with Collins's feelings also which really wasn't fair.

"Aunt Vien, don't mind me. I've learnt my lesson. Dave can't leave me o! Not now that I'm beginning to fall in love with him."

Her aunt was amazed.

"Really?"

"Yes, aunty. This whole game made me realise it."

"At least that's one good thing that has come out of it."

Oleng smiled.

"Call him and tell him you're sorry."

"I prefer doing that face to face. I'll go to his place after my CDS tommorrow."

"Alright dear. Take it easy. Dave loves you. He won't leave you."

"I hope so." She said obviously still worried.

She came back home after her CDS to change from her white shirt and khaki trousers when a man stopped her by the gate. He was carrying a bouquet of flowers and an envelope.

"Are you miss Oleng Akpan?" He asked.

"Yes." She asked suspiciously.

"Mr. Dave Sokari sent me to you." He said and handed her the bouquet of lovely red roses and an envelope.

Oleng was grinning like an idiot by the time she entered the house.
She put the roses aside and opened the envelope. It contained a beautiful card and a set of pearl earrings. She looked at them and smiled.

She read Dave's handwriting on the card.

"I'm far from being a true gentleman but today
I'm taking the first step to being the man of your dreams by writing this apology. I'm sorry, my angel.

I feel the tear go down my cheek,
I notice that my heart is weak,
For the love I have for you,
Will always be gold and true,
I have made some mistakes, they rest in the past,
But know my love will always last,
Even though we are a distance apart,
You always have the key to my heart.

I'm sorry I've become so jealous and
possessive about you.
It's only because I'm afraid other guys will pounce over hot stuff like you!
But I promise not to get worked up and loose my temper again.

Don't forgive me just because I'm saying sorry.
Forgive me because I love you and I don't want to spend a single moment of my life fighting with you.

Truly yours, now and forever.
Dave.

Tears came to her eyes as she read the message over and over again. She was definitely in love with Dave.

As the thought that Eric had also written her poems and sent her gifts in more romantic ways before he had left for the states entered her mind, she quickly picked up her phone to call Dave. They made up over the phone and he promised to visit that evening.

She was preparing lunch when Collins called. She hissed and ignored it but when he continued calling, she answered it. He informed her that he was outside. She wanted to leave him there but thought against it. It wouldn't be good for Dave to meet him there.

She was shocked when she saw him outside the gate. One of his eyes was almost closed and his upper lip was swollen.

"Collins, what happened to you?" She shouted.

He smiled a little.
"Your boyfriend punched me two days ago."

Oleng almost burst into laughter. She however controlled herself.
"I'm so sorry. I've never known Dave to be a violent person."

"Its okay. Its even better now. That's the reason why I didn't call for two days. But Oleng you didn't even dim it fit to call when I didn't call."

"I'm so sorry. How did it happen?"

"I don't know how he got to know my house. Immediately I opened the door, he rushed me. I couldn't even throw a single punch. He warned me to stay away from you."

"I'm so sorry." Oleng was begininng to feel guilty.

"No problem, my love. I would have done the same thing had you being my girl. That's the only reason why I won't involve my father. One word from him and your guy will find himself behind bars." Collins bragged.

"Your father? I thought you didn't know him."

He smiled arrogantly.

"I didn't until a year ago. He abadoned my mum when he found out she was pregnant but after three wives and ten girls, he came in search of me. He's filthy rich. He's bribing me with money to gain my affections."

"Really?"

"Yep. Money isn't my problem anymore."

Oleng could only stare at him.

"Oleng, I haven't given up on you. This," he pointed to his swollen eye and swollen lip. "Won't deter me in my pursuit. I'm prepared to die for you."

"Collins..." She began but was amazed when he walked away. He entered his jeep and drove off. She didn't bother trying to stop him because of the food she was cooking.

She shrugged and went in but couldn't help laughing when she remembered his swollen face. Dave had done that? Amazing! Dave, the gentleman?

She noticed that the knuckles on his right hand were bruised when he came to visit that evening. She held herself from asking about it until he was about leaving.

"What happened to your hand?"

"Which hand?" He prevaricated.

"The one you've been hiding from me all evening."

He laughed a little. "This?" He raised the hand. "Nothing really. I bruised it in the office."

"Really? With what?" She feighed ignorance.

"I...ah...one equipment like that."

"Hmmm.....Please be careful next time."

He laughed and heaved a sigh of relief until she said,
"Collins came to see me this afternoon."

His face coloured in anger.

"I'll kill that guy!" He got up and made to leave but she stopped him.

"He has promised to leave me alone." She lied. She didn't want Dave behind bars.

Tension left his body then. He grinned.

"Had I known a good beating was all he needed to stop him from disturbing you, I would have done it sooner.'

"But Dave, how could you have done that?"

"You must have realized by now that I'm very possessive of you."

"So possessive you had to engage in a fight?"

"Fight? No, a beatdown." He grinned while she eyed him, trying not to smile.

"Angel, its a man thing. You won't understand."

She shrugged and saw him off.

Collins continued calling her but she made sure her phone was either on silent mode or switched off whenever she was with Dave.

On her birthday, while she was dressing up for a date with Dave and her friends, Debbie and Jenny, she received a call from Collins who told her to come outside. She grumbled but went outside to tell him to leave.

She got the shock of her life when she got outside.

Collins was standing beside a murano jeep dangling keys and smiling as if he had won a lottery. On the windscreen of the car was an inscription,

"Will you marry me?"

And of course, that was when Dave came with his toyoya camry.

3 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by deebarbie(f): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is wonderful,can't stop laughing. So oleng choose between money or love.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by almacherish(f): 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Congrats on hitting frontpage........ U deserve it
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by kanechimex(m): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
Audrey, I have to say. you have got a nice story here.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Rhyno02(m): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
AudreyTimms: Lol! Oga, abeg no com pour sand sand 4 our garri. If u no wan read, no prblm bt abeg no discourage odas. grin
Audrey tell am wella abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (109) (Reply)

A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.