Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? (652 Views)

Top Ten Most Consistent Nigerian Artists Of The Decade / Is Olamide The Most Consistent Nigeria Musician ? / Is Olamide Referring To D'banj With This Tweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? by tomiobj(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Did somebody say king baddo is the most consistent artiste in Nigeria? Of course yes, I’m in undoubted agreement but… there’s a but!

When Olamide attracted the attention of music fanatics with his style, I thought what he sought out to do was totally genius and out of this world! (since Da Grin of course). I mean who raps in a local dialect the way Olamide does? His is an art and style exclusively reserved for him. There’s this “Olamide-ness” (originality) to it when he does it and it’s totally off the hook especially when chills are sent down your spine.

Now here’s the but. Olamide’s consistency has become common place! Please understand that I’m really not one for being the underdog but the facts must be presented obvious as they are. King Baddo has become a constant feature in songs that have been released in quick succession. His most sought-after status made him easy bait for prospective new comers who desire to be heard across large fan markets and even a-list category artistes who want to boast an impressive track record.

Olamide started his 2014 career year with a visual release for Eleda Mi, one of the tracks off his third studio album Baddest Guy Ever Liveth. Before the dust and frenzy created by the panache picture could settle, he fast pedaled into music features that were spread within a very short time space of 2 days and 2 weeks . After Eleda Mi‘s release, Olamide has featured on works of artistes whose list might be almost exhaustible to mention. And that’s just for the first half of the year. This is asides his personal releases where he even gets to feature other artistes.

Olamide has become too comfortable in this art that he seems to have conquered, and his most recent releases (features too) clearly depicts that. It’s no news that many of our industry’s acts are resting on their oars while some are settling for less but should we (they) continue to accept the status quo? Olamide began by thinking outside the box but funnily, has been thinking outside the very same box. His lines have become too tailored and that’s because he’s barely allowed himself time to take it all in. He’s barely allowed us to take it all in either. The music market has too much “Olamide” out there and it makes it really difficult to savour his music choices. While you’re thinking he’s steady working on maintaining presence and giving fans what they want, he’s also making records that will fade fast into oblivion like dusk to dawn.

So it makes me wonder, when does he find the time for self evaluation? We may think he’s doing everything right but the painful truth is that he’s not and I’m sure even he knows this. It’s only normal for an artist to have a re-dress period, a personal timeout to assess situations and choices, then make necessary changes and re-strategize (he’s human afterall).

Olamide really needs to chill. Not the phase out into ghostmode kind of chill but a coffee break perhaps (only a few will understand this). He needs to take it all in and then come back fresh, renewed, re-energized and you can bet, his next release will literally set the industry ablaze.

by Jim Donnett

Re: Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? by Koolmexxi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Yes he is
Re: Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? by misspatsy(f): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Don't know
Re: Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? by fijiano202(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guy chillaz...leave the guy make him make money...in Nigeria music burns out like stardust....Honestly when last did u hear Skelewu,Oliver twist,Limpopo etc...Wizkid is also releasing songs like olamide cos u dont want burn out like styleplus,Faze etc
Re: Is Olamide The Most Consistent Artiste In Nigeria? by tomiobj(m): 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
fijiano202: Guy chillaz...leave the guy make him make money...in Nigeria music burns out like stardust....Honestly when last did u hear Skelewu,Oliver twist,Limpopo etc...Wizkid is also releasing songs like olamide cos u dont want burn out like styleplus,Faze etc
. Exactly that is why olamide songs are on my play list. But it took him tym to release a song after story for the gods

(1) (Reply)

"Prostitution Should Be Legalised In Nigeria" -maheeda / Rich And Famous: Behold Basket Mouth The Comic Lord / Fela Kuti: Africa’s Bob Marley – Or An African Handel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.