Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database (745 Views)

How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / Online Banking Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by thinkfirst: 1:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Imagine! These Yahoo-Yahoo boys no dey fear at all. I promised myself that any day that I get email from these scammers I will expose them; here is my first one. I received a direct mail in my Yahoo mailbox asking me to reset my EcoBank account. Immediately I got the mail, I laughed. I have never had an EcoBank account (not because I do not like Ecobank), besides that, the content of the mail made me to realise that the guys never knew who they were toiling with.

Anyway, I tried some few tricks on their half baked application and here are the few things that I was able to get.

1. From the mail I got, here is the URL (http://www.woodsideinn.in/Reset.html) that links to the reset page:

2. I clicked on the link and here is where I landed:

3. Then, when I right-clicked on the page for the source, I was able to get the link that the scammers are sending the form to. It is amazing that the form is being sent to a free host server.

4. Tracing the folder architecture is hilarious. See below:

5. Find below the content of the log.txt file. Guess what... this is where all the information collected from victims are stored:

6. Finally, I went further into the folders; now in eko where I was redirected and I found another log file there. What we have below is the content. It is funny that some people have started adding data into the file. I entered dummy information into the file so as to be sure I got the right file and it was added.

LOL. What a cyber adventure!

Source: http://blog.akinyeleolubodun.com/how-i-hacked-ecobank-online-banking-scam-database.html
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by adewasco2k(m): 2:16am On Jul 25, 2014
nice but you know this is no hacking right?

(1) (Reply)

, / Why You Need To Stay Away From Nigeria Host. / The Principal Ways Of Earning HIGH With Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.