Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database (4035 Views)

How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / Online Banking Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by thinkfirst: 1:43am On Jul 25, 2014
Imagine! These Yahoo-Yahoo boys no dey fear at all. I promised myself that any day that I get email from these scammers I will expose them; here is my first one. I received a direct mail in my Yahoo mailbox asking me to reset my EcoBank account. Immediately I got the mail, I laughed. I have never had an EcoBank account (not because I do not like Ecobank), besides that, the content of the mail made me to realise that the guys never knew who they were toiling with.

Anyway, I tried some few tricks on their half baked application and here are the few things that I was able to get.

1. From the mail I got, here is the URL (http://www.woodsideinn.in/Reset.html) that links to the reset page:

2. I clicked on the link and here is where I landed:

3. Then, when I right-clicked on the page for the source, I was able to get the link that the scammers are sending the form to. It is amazing that the form is being sent to a free host server.

4. Tracing the folder architecture is hilarious. See below:

5. Find below the content of the log.txt file. Guess what... this is where all the information collected from victims are stored:

6. Finally, I went further into the folders; now in eko where I was redirected and I found another log file there. What we have below is the content. It is funny that some people have started adding data into the file. I entered dummy information into the file so as to be sure I got the right file and it was added.

LOL. What a cyber adventure!

Source: http://blog.akinyeleolubodun.com/how-i-hacked-ecobank-online-banking-scam-database.html

3 Likes

Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by dhtml2(m): 1:53am On Jul 25, 2014
I received a funny one last week or so, it looked like a message from yahoo, everything appears genuine, except that it had an html attachment, on red alert, i clicked to download the attachment (very risky, please do not try this at home), my browser immediately opened the attachment and hey presto, i found myself back on the yahoo login page again, i just looked into the browser-address-bar and saw that the url was showing kentro-levels.
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by Yeahreen(m): 2:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Pple always lookin 4 ways to scam odas instead of workin hard to make a living..#smh angry

1 Like

Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by fingard02k(m): 3:14am On Jul 25, 2014
delete those datas
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by nerodenero: 4:19am On Jul 25, 2014
The OP is as good as the scammers if not bettergrin
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2014
nerodenero: The OP is as good as the scammers if not bettergrin
grin
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by silvoice(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2014
thinkfirst: Imagine! These Yahoo-Yahoo boys no dey fear at all. I promised myself that any day that I get email from these scammers I will expose them; here is my first one. I received a direct mail in my Yahoo mailbox asking me to reset my EcoBank account. Immediately I got the mail, I laughed. I have never had an EcoBank account (not because I do not like Ecobank), besides that, the content of the mail made me to realise that the guys never knew who they were toiling with.

Anyway, I tried some few tricks on their half baked application and here are the few things that I was able to get.

1. From the mail I got, here is the URL (http://www.woodsideinn.in/Reset.html) that links to the reset page:

2. I clicked on the link and here is where I landed:

3. Then, when I right-clicked on the page for the source, I was able to get the link that the scammers are sending the form to. It is amazing that the form is being sent to a free host server.

4. Tracing the folder architecture is hilarious. See below:

5. Find below the content of the log.txt file. Guess what... this is where all the information collected from victims are stored:

6. Finally, I went further into the folders; now in eko where I was redirected and I found another log file there. What we have below is the content. It is funny that some people have started adding data into the file. I entered dummy information into the file so as to be sure I got the right file and it was added.

LOL. What a cyber adventure!

Source: http://blog.akinyeleolubodun.com/how-i-hacked-ecobank-online-banking-scam-database.html
Good morning my esteemed NLs. Pls in a simple answer. I jus want to know if it's save to use my small nokia phone with opera mini browser, to do my online payments and other transactions. Or is it safer to use internet in computer system.
Pls am a newbie in this online banking. I jus activated my gtbank token. Thanks 4 ur candid response
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
silvoice: Good morning my esteemed NLs. Pls in a simple answer. I jus want to know if it's save to use my small nokia phone with opera mini browser, to do my online payments and other transactions. Or is it safer to use internet in computer system.
Pls am a newbie in this online banking. I jus activated my gtbank token. Thanks 4 ur candid response
I thought sir hilary already replied you

1 Like

Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by WebRabbi: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2014
@ thinkfirst . . . nice adventure. However, hope u swipe those data off
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by omoelu1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
the same way some eediots sent me a mail to update my credit card details on my PayPal account for some security reasons. Me wey never even enter PayPal in my life.
They don't know who to scam
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by curiouslad(m): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
WebRabbi: @ thinkfirst . . . nice adventure. However, hope u swipe those data off

He doesn't have write permissions.
Re: How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database by silvoice(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls somebody should help me out. I'v been trying to order copies of my ebooks from Amazon, it's rejecting payment advising me to try another billing method.
I just collected my token from gtbank, done d activation and gotten my secure code. Initially i use different address, now i'v used d same address 4 billing and shipping.
It's Still refuses. Could it be zip code issue? Which is d right zip code 4 nigeria? Or if anyone can help wit solution, i wil be happy, be4 i start goin back to complain to d bank

(1) (Reply)

Need Database Of Nigerian Companies. (urgently) / 9 Tips That Can Help Your Website Make Extra Profit / How To Become A Web Host

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.