Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract (9632 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Nff Should Not Renew Keshi Contract Now That Gej Is Out / 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by kobonaire(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2014
The boss deserves a second chance
Please win Nations cup 2015 for Naija
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by iconize(m): 6:29am On Jul 25, 2014
Nice move.
We need continuity in our football but Keshi should be provided with a sound tactician as an assistant.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by twin7: 6:32am On Jul 25, 2014
House of Cards.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Decibel: 6:54am On Jul 25, 2014
Ok. will comment when mygarri goes to court. tongue
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by englishmart(m): 6:57am On Jul 25, 2014
South Africans be like "leave this man you won't"
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by expert101(m): 7:10am On Jul 25, 2014
jayseehe:
I'm not talking about how far they went, it's how well they played(performance)

[size=18pt]You guys stay here and make noise. You think you can run round that field twice with collapsing! You all saw how big teams crashed out of the competition. Kseshi did well- it's step by step![/size]

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Syenite(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Adikam: they have poor perfomance in round 16 they just play the match like street match very slow.if not we would hav say that nigeria tried in round 16 bt fail to qualify only osaze that you nairalander use to insult were very serious in the game
How can you be talking like this? Was Nigeria nt in control until Nigeria's Midfield strong room, Onazi, was pulled down?

Besides, u cannot compare the calibre of players the French paraded to that of Nigeria. U know na.
That's y as said we got as far as the quality we had in the team. That team was nt a quarter final material.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Syenite(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2014
jayseehe:
I'm not talking about how far they went, it's how well they played(performance)

How they played? Nigerians sef. Even in out poorest game against Iran, Nigeria dominated for 90mins. Go and rewatch the Nig vs Bisnia game and look at statistics as well and tell me Nigeria was nt d better side. Against France, Nigeria dominated for most of the first half, creating more scoring chances, even had a case for a penalty. We started d 2nd half also as d better side until Onazi's injury. The only team dat dominated Nigeria was Argentina of which Nigeria even finished stronger.

Every team has a playing style that suits them. Nigeria had never produced fast running teams (except at junior levels). The SE Eagles simply went to play a typical Nigerian style that involves slowing the tempo and catching ur opponent on the break. Mikel was simply instructed to break down d tempo and then quickly release a pass to any forward who is in an attacking position.

4 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by checkdate(m): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2014
CFCfan: The Nigeria coach saw his current deal lapsed at the end of the World Cup, and with no new offer on the table, announced he was leaving his position after the Super Eagles were eliminated at the round of 16.

But on Thursday, the executive committee led by a Acting President Mike Umeh, directed its Technical Sub committee to "open channels of communication with Mr. Stephen Keshi with a view to extending his contract, as the NFF is still interested in working with him."

The committee is expected to report back within one week.

Furthermore, it was resolve that all financial issues must be thoroughly deliberate and agreed on ahead of major competitions to avoid incidents of player training boycotts which happened at the World Cup finals on Brazil.
http://www.kickoff.com/news/47047/nff-have-moved-to-extend-stephen-keshis-contract
IWISH THIS NEWS IS CORRECT/REAL/ORIGINAL/TRUE.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2014
checkdate: IWISH THIS NEWS IS CORRECT/REAL/ORIGINAL/TRUE.
It's accurate

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by huptin(m): 8:06am On Jul 25, 2014
Keshi is easily the best Nigerian coach, his biggest problem is unneccessary sentiments in player selection. If he is able to rise above that imperfection he will surely go places.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2014
Watin dem see for this Keshi body self we no get beta people wey fit tale him place?? abeg make dose panel gos sitdown jor, make we find better coach wey fit organize and centralize our team.. no to keshilism

[url]teamnigeria [/url]all the way

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2014
ksbusari: Better. Although him too don dey form lyk sey Naiga no get person wey fit do d job.
very well said but can u pls tell me any of the nigerian coaches or any of the foreign coaches we have hired since Bora left who has performed better than Keshi

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ: Watin dem see for this Keshi body self we no get beta people wey fit tale him place?? abeg make dose panel gos sitdown jor, make we find better coach wey fit organize and centralize our team.. no to keshilism

[url]teamnigeria [/url]all the way
Mtcheeeew.., we all are hailing and praising him wen he won the nations cup and now just cos his team lost to a better side(france) at the world cup and went out of the tournament...... na nw make he go sit down abi?? haba!!! Nigerians, make we Free this guy now. none of u guys can even coach a 3 aside team to win a street tournament. take it or leave it, the big boss is still our best indigenous coach ever...........make I go sleep joor, *flips pillow*

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JEITO: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Does this mean we would never see Ike Uche place for the super eagles again?

I hope not o!

The 10m Keshi is asking for won't work o, shey na NFF wey neva pay 5m finish wan come pay u 10m?
He beta reconsider his demands if he wants to retain his job.

As for those asking that Mikel should be dropped, ya'll gat a long way to go cos the broda aint going nowhere yet.
Infact with Yobo and Enyeama quiting the national team, the broda is looking good for the captain's arm ban except of cos if Ejide remains.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Bigsteveg(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2014
maputohq: nice. We keep making noise about keshi's lack of technical skill, yet we don't know what it takes. was Berti vogts technically sound?
Maybe you all should start teaching your Doctor what drugs to prescribe if your sickness doesn't get cured immediately.

What u typed above is an example dat uve being teaching ur doctor what drugs to give to u....the role of a technical assistant is diff from a coach, Keshi once had a technical assistant also but was sacked.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Bigsteveg(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

Oga, Super Eagles did not have a poor performance at the WC.Were u expecting them to lift the Cup? Imho, Nigeria got as far as they can get with the crop of players they have.

Round of 16 is just a fair result.

The question is "is that the best 23 man list he can come out with"?

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by ndidibabe(f): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
amakufrancis: y him no win world cup mak BH gv us our gals?
Francis Amaku, why are you joking with a very sensitive issue? You must be wicked + daft!!
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by maputohq: 9:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Bigsteveg:

What u typed above is an example dat uve being teaching ur doctor what drugs to give to u....the role of a technical assistant is diff from a coach, Keshi once had a technical assistant also but was sacked.
If u weren't dull, u would v seen my point. we all knew he had a technical assistant who was sacked, but who is talking about him? I'm talking about you and me who claim to know more than the professionals themselves.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by nellyinfo(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2014
merieam16: Gud 4 him
I believe that he is still good, this a man who had brought some glory to Nigeria. Closing the doors of renewing his contract is not the best. Umeh I like ur moves.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by ndidibabe(f): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: Mtcheeeew.., we all are hailing and praising him wen he won the nations cup and now just cos his team lost to a better side(france) at the world cup and went out of the tournament...... na nw make he go sit down abi?? haba!!! Nigerians, make we Free this guy now. none of u guys can even coach a 3 aside team to win a street tournament. take it or leave it, the big boss is still our best indigenous coach ever...........make I go sleep joor, *flips pillow*
Abeg go and sit down. We were only lucky to get to that stage of the WC due to poor officiating of our match with Bosnia. I really do not like the way some men analyse football with so much sentiments. Of all the four teams we played in the WC, we were not technically better than any. Keshi should go!!
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by maputohq: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:
How can you be talking like this? Was Nigeria nt in control until Nigeria's Midfield strong room, Onazi, was pulled down?

Besides, u cannot compare the calibre of players the French paraded to that of Nigeria. U know na.
That's y as said we got as far as the quality we had in the team. That team was nt a quarter final material.
God bless you bro. What is giving Nigerians that hope that we would have beaten France? That's the Keshi's impact.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Bigsteveg(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2014
maputohq:
If u weren't dull, u would v seen my point. we all knew he had a technical assistant who was sacked, but who is talking about him? I'm talking about you and me who claim to know more than the professionals themselves.

Mumu, where in my comments have i claimed to know more than him, everybody has a profession and he or she is expected to be @ its best. I have my profession which am expected to perform also.
Keshi was given a job,
-Did he perform up to expectation? NO
-Is dat d best 23 man list he should have gone to the world cup with? NO
-Is something worng with the selection process? YES

Even coaches that got to the semi final stage was booted out.

MY QUESTION NOW IS WHO IS THE DULLARD? YOU

EEDIOT.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by paroh137(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2014
Adikam: Keshi wey no dey fit call nigeria international players.na to cari home-base ful pitch.i hate de man because he dnt know hw to select quality players among his 23 man squard na 7players gud.he dumb ike uche &der re some quality yoruba players he dumb if not dat he cal osaze back we for go for group stage.i just pray he reject the offer because if not mikel is coming back to chase us out of nations cup.
What is this one saying undecided
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Abraham2013(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

Oga, Super Eagles did not have a poor performance at the WC.Were u expecting them to lift the Cup? Imho, Nigeria got as far as they can get with the crop of players they have.

-Was dat crop of players d best we hav?
-Other countries dat got to d semi finals, did dey use players wit 4 legs?
-so u consider a tournament were u finished behind costa rica successful?
-can u compare d performance algeria and nigeria? Bear in mind dat both teams finished in d round of 16
-wen keshi was going to d world cup, d nff set a semi final target 4 him. Did he achieve his target? If no, wat was responsible 4 him not achieving d target set 4 him?
-if dis ur keshi did so well, y hav'nt order teams signed him yet? Bear in mind dat algerian coach hav since signed up wit anoda team.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014
ndidibabe: Abeg go and sit down. We were only lucky to get to that stage of the WC due to poor officiating of our match with Bosnia. I really do not like the way some men analyse football with so much sentiments. Of all the four teams we played in the WC, we were not technically better than any. Keshi should go!!
yea yea, agreed we were not tactically and technically sound but when u say we qualified cos luck was our side cos of bad officiating, Yes u are rite, but was it not the same luck that won Cameroon the nations cup against Nigeria at the afcon 2000, was it not the same luck and bad officiating that allowed DROGBA to score an offside goal against Nigeria at the afcon 2006 and I can even go on like giving u instances where luck and bad officiating played a huge part in a team's victory........see, this is football and not a computer game, such mistakes are bound to happen. besides I'm not saying keshi should stay, so don't get it all twisted

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Abraham2013(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

-can u compare d performance algeria and nigeria? Bear in mind dat both teams finished in d round of 16
-wen keshi was going to d world cup, d nff set a semi final target 4 him. Did he achieve his target? If no, wat was responsible 4 him not achieving d target set 4 him?
-if dis ur keshi did so well, y hav'nt order teams signed him yet? Bear in mind dat algerian coach hav since signed up wit anoda team.
-do u know dat only germany and brazil had a bigger world cup budget dan nigeria amongst d whole team dat went to d world cup?

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: Mtcheeeew.., we all are hailing and praising him wen he won the nations cup and now just cos his team lost to a better side(france) at the world cup and went out of the tournament...... na nw make he go sit down abi?? haba!!! Nigerians, make we Free this guy now. none of u guys can even coach a 3 aside team to win a street tournament. take it or leave it, the big boss is still our best indigenous coach ever...........make I go sleep joor, *flips pillow*

Abeg mak una go sitdown, didnt u hear his reason of resignation dickheads
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 25, 2014
JEITO: Does this mean we would never see Ike Uche place for the super eagles again?

I hope not o!

The 10m Keshi is asking for won't work o, shey na NFF wey neva pay 5m finish wan come pay u 10m?
He beta reconsider his demands if he wants to retain his job.

As for those asking that Mikel should be dropped, ya'll gat a long way to go cos the broda aint going nowhere yet.
Infact with Yobo and Enyeama quiting the national team, the broda is looking good for the captain's arm ban except of cos if Ejide remains.
I have a feeling that he'll recall Ike Uche to the team, as he did in the cases of Osaze and Yobo. Enyeama hasn't made a decision yet, but I hope he doesn't decide to retire now.
He can retire after next year's Nations Cup.

I agree with u that Mikel won't be dropped. He will still take part in the qualifiers.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2014
Abraham2013:
talking bout Costa Rica, they played well and that doesn't mean the super eagles had a poor tournament. if we had a poor tournament, what bout Italy, England with their army of stars scored only 2 goals in the competition , the same number of goals our very own Musa scored in the competition and even Portugal with their world best all left the competition at the group stage and not to talk of the Spanish team that had a disastrous outing at the mundial. And we loosing to a better team isn't really a bad outing.........not like we were expecting the boys to bring back the trophy

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Abraham2013(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

so y den did we hav substitute bench if not to bring on a player dan can perform up ot or beta dan d one dat is taking off? Mind u germany lost a player in d 1st half in d final game against argentina and still went on to win d game. Are also aware dat france lost frank ribery on d eve of d world cup, did u hear anybody in france using dat as an excuse?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Gifts Nigeria Women’s Basketball Team 1M Each Over Victory - Pictures / Heartland Fc Vs 3SC (2pm) | FC Ifeanyi Ubah Vs Sunshine Stars (4pm) / NFF Confirms Super Eagles Vs Mexico Friendly For July 3rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.