Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

10 Important Roles Of A Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Important Roles Of A Father (83629 Views)

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? / The Roles Of A Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Important Roles Of A Father by Dfavouredone: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2014
Most fathers have forgotten their roles/ responsibilities, some thinks providing for the needs of the family is their only responsibility, and some are in Diaspora, a gentleman created a thread searching for his father, although I don't know how many years but I pitied him.

Some fathers are just useless, some refuse to claim responsibility of their very own child, some left the poor woman αlσиє with her kid, some carry prostitutes about, some always drink themselves to stupor, although being a teetotal does not guarantee u to be a real dad and some are lazy and jobless, and are as good as being dead.

What exactly are the roles of a father? This thread is to remind you of your roles, duties and responsibilities to your family and the society.
Below are the roles of a father;

1. Good Example

Your life is like a book they are reading; they are watching you, your actions, your deeds...
Be a good example in character, in conversation, in your actions and deeds... Live an exemplary life.

2. Priest/Imam

Let them know the way of the God you serve, teach and lead them to pray and live a godly life.
'The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom'.

3. Provider

Do not let your family suffer, you are the bread winner of the house and it is your responsibility to provide for them.
Provide them food, shelter and clothings, provide for your child the best legacy and investment which is Education. Do not be lazy, be hardworking and God will crown your efforts!

4. Protector

It is your role to protect your family. Protect them from the evil vices of this world, stand up and defend your family when necessary.
I remember I read a touching story in the dailies about a Man who died while trying to prevent armed robbers from molesting his wife, he said i can't watch it happen, i'll rather die, he killed two of them, before he was shot dead and they were unable To Molest the woman. The wife said 'my husband died a hero', and she would never forget that. That family will forever be proud of their father that is a real Father!
Re: 10 Important Roles Of A Father by Dfavouredone: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2014
5. Playmate

It is not only your wife you have to play with, also play with your children. Take them out, walk hand in hand with them, buy the young ones toys, play games, basketball, golf and other sports with the elder ones too, once in a while take them out to the cinemas, out for shopping, take them on vacations.. Cos those moments are unforgettable.

6. Companion

Always be there for your family, cos they need you. Be with your children on their first day at school, on their graduation and most importantly on their wedding day! Be with your wife during pregnancy and labor period; be with them on anniversaries like birthday, Christmas...

7. Teacher

Teach your children what to do, when and how. Teach them your religion beliefs, also go through their homeworks.
'One real father is better than a thousand headmasters', '
charity, education begins at home'.

[/b]8. Trainer[/b]

Train them in Gods way, train them to be good and law abiding citizens, train them on their responsibilities to the family, the school, religion and the society.
Don't forget child training has more to do with your lifestyle than what you tell them i.e it has more to do with what they see than what they hear, that is why you must be a good example to them.

9. Servant

Render selfless service to your family, it shouldn't be all about you, buy clothes for every one before buying for yourself.
Jesus washed his disciple’s feet, serve them at home, serve at work, serve in ur place of worship. Do not be proud, cos pride goeth before a fall!

10. L♥√ع

The greatest gift a father can offer his children is to L♥√ع their mother.
Also L♥√ع your children, make them feel at home, make them feel welcomed, be a good listener, let them feel the fatherly warmth and embrace.
Finally, once in a while tell them 'you L♥√ع them'. I can never forget a day I was mad at my dad and i refused to come home, it was getting late and he was concerned, I refused to pick his calls, then he sent me a text telling me how much he loves me, he pleaded that i should come home so we can settle. While reading the text I busted into tears and started running home, 4got 2 say goodbye 2 my friend whom I was with! When I got home he embraces me and said he was sorry, I was like I L♥√ع you too dad... For a very long time, I had that text on my phone, am pretty sure have read the text over a thousand times, it was a moment i still cherish. Say dos 3 words, it works like magic.

Fathers, your child needs you, your wife needs you, your family needs you, and the society needs you, your children defines your family, your family defines our society, our society defines the Nation and the world at large.
Be a responsible father, a point of reference most of all make your family to be proud of you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Important Roles Of A Father by Threaty: 5:21pm On May 12, 2018
It is not only your wife you have to play with, also play with your children. Take them out, walk hand in hand with them, buy the young ones toys, play games, basketball, golf and other sports with the elder ones too, once in a while take them out to the cinemas, out for shopping, take them on vacations.. Cos those moments are unforgettable.

6. Companion

Always be there for your family, cos they need you. Be with your children on their first day at school, on their graduation and most importantly on their wedding day! Be with your wife during pregnancy and labor period; be with them on anniversaries like birthday, Christmas...

7. Teacher

Teach your children what to do, when and how. Teach them your religion beliefs, also go through their homeworks.
'One real father is better than a thousand headmasters', '
charity, education begins at home'.

[/b]8. Trainer[/b]

Train them in Gods way, train them to be good and law abiding citizens, train them on their responsibilities to the family, the school, religion and the society.
Don't forget child training has more to do with your lifestyle than what you tell them i.e it has more to do with what they see than what they hear, that is why you must be a good example to them.

9. Servant

Render selfless service to your family, it shouldn't be all about you, buy clothes for every one before buying for yourself.
Jesus washed his disciple’s feet, serve them at home, serve at work, serve in ur place of worship. Do not be proud, cos pride goeth before a fall!

10. L♥√ع

The greatest gift a father can offer his children is to L♥√ع their mother.
Also L♥√ع your children, make them feel at home, make them feel welcomed, be a good listener, let them feel the fatherly warmth and embrace.
Finally, once in a while tell them 'you L♥√ع them'. I can never forget a day I was mad at my dad and i refused to come home, it was getting late and he was concerned, I refused to pick his calls, then he sent me a text telling me how much he loves me, he pleaded that i should come home so we can settle. While reading the text I busted into tears and started running home, 4got 2 say goodbye 2 my friend whom I was with! When I got home he embraces me and said he was sorry, I was like I L♥√ع you too dad... For a very long time, I had that text on my phone, am pretty sure have read the text over a thousand times, it was a moment i still cherish. Say dos 3 words, it works like magic.

Fathers, your child needs you, your wife needs you, your family needs you, and the society needs you, your children defines your family, your family defines our society, our society defines the Nation and the world at large.
Be a responsible father, a point of reference most of all make your family to be proud of you.
[/quote]

correct!
Anything short of this is a failure on the side of him that call himself a father, n such person should make amend instantly by making it up to his family!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.