Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,424 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? (26731 Views)

Poll: Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson, or Rocky Marciano?

Muhammed Ali: 70% (48 votes)
Mike Tyson: 26% (18 votes)
Rocky Marciano: 2% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko / Who Is The Greatest Boxer Of All-time Muhammad Ali Or Manny Pacquiao. A Debate / CNN: Is Azumah Nelson Africa's Greatest Boxer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by A40(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2008
~Sauron~:

What do u mean genuine contenders? Tyson didn't wake up one night to find himself as the youngest heavyweight champion in the world. . .
Are u this daft?? [/b]The people Tyson smashed were genuine contenders themselves. . . . .
Tyson only made em look ordinary. . . . . .[b]Just because Ali is a coward with the way he takes his fights to round 15 does not mean the people he fought were good.
. . . . .Tyson is so excellent in his way that he ends his fight in the 1st round thus making his opponent look like a sissy.

I am done arguing on this issue. . . . .We can never ever AGREE with this so y'all can put Boxcyclopaedia here for all u care.
Eastbay(the slowpoke) keeps foaming in the mouth without really adding any genuine input to the debate.
How can anyone say Tyson is not the greatest? It must be pinkeye or cancer of the lens if u cannot appreciate Tyson's short career.
Iron Mike doesn't get his credits because of his lifestyle just like the media prefer Kaka to Cristiano Ronaldo. . . .
This is why i call you a beer parlor analyst when you have nothing meaningful to say you feel the urge to insult to make your point known them Reggie Miller and chronic seeds must be working on your system and toying with your brain cells tongue

From this crap you posted alone its clear even to a new-born that you know nada about boxing

I pasted some telling stats for you to compare Ali and Tyson with and you are here making noise about how he made mince-meat of part-time boxers and butchers

Tyson was excellent my ass someone that could not last 5 rounds with decent fighters boxing those days where for men and that is why it used to last as long as 15 rounds the quality of opposition was so high you didn't have riff-raffs and half-steppers come into the boxing ring.If he could knock someone down in 38 seconds doesn't that tell you that he fought with shitty boxers? Why did he not avenge his loss to Lewis and Holyfield? that is the question i have been asking that you Tyson jesters refused to answer
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by kaypumpin2(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2008
A-40:

This is why i call you a beer parlor analyst when you have nothing meaningful to say you feel the urge to insult to make your point known them Reggie Miller and chronic seeds must be working on your system and toying with your brain cells tongue

From this crap you posted alone its clear even to a new-born that you know nada about boxing

I pasted some telling stats for you to compare Ali and Tyson with and you are here making noise about how he made mince-meat of part-time boxers and butchers

Tyson was excellent my ass someone that could not last 5 rounds with decent fighters boxing those days where for men and that is why it used to last as long as 15 rounds the quality of opposition was so high you didn't have riff-raffs and half-steppers come into the boxing ring.If he could knock someone down in 38 seconds doesn't that tell you that he fought with shitty boxers? Why did he not avenge his loss to Lewis and Holyfield? that is the question i have been asking that you Tyson jesters refused to answer

because he went to prison of course.Abi what other reason can one give grin

i have warned u to desist frm responding to this jester.Av been avin a great deal of laff since.Let Sauron n Dayo be n stp respondin,however difficult that is based on how sacrilegious and poignant the drivel they have been posting is.

Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by NextLevel1: 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2008
@Easy Bay, Kay, A-40 (and hey, where is Ibime?)

You guys have time o, continuing with this unproductive debate that is going no where fast. Please let's move on.

Kay listed some super bouts in his posts that brought back memories. So I felt we could do a list of 10 ten super bouts of our choice. We can then inter-mix them and agree on a final 10 ten list. Peeps, don't be surprised to see Joe Lasisi v Jerry Okorodudu cropping up in some people's list.  grin (Hope you catch my drift)

Ok, here goes,

1.  Sugar Ray Leonard v Roberto Duran (1)

2.  Larry Holmes v Ken Norton (the last round alone - the 15th made this fight great - check youtube)

3.  Alexis Arguello v Aaron Pryor (1)

4.  Muhammad Ali v Joe Frasier (3)

5.  Wilfredo Gomez v Lupe Pintor (phew! Talk about all bang action for 14 straight rounds between two boxing greats)

6.  Sugar Ray Robinson v Carmen Bassillo (2)

7.  Antonio Barrera v Eric Morales (3)

8.  Marvin Hagler v John Mugabi

9.  Evander Holyfield v Riddock Bowe (1)

10. Salvador Sanchez v Azumah Nelson

I look forward to your list guys. Once we're done, we can then revert to the top then fights in Nigeria in the 70's to the early part of the 90's.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Ibime(m): 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2008
Una still dey here dey argue this thing?

It is only agidi on the part of Dayo and Sauron that is prolonging this debate.

Only a casual boxing fan can claim that Tyson is better than Ali. Boxing is a sweet science, in which Ali and both Sugar Rays hold a PHD. Some amateurs only look for the quick KO, but anyone who has trained in, or follows the sport can appreciate the fine art that the aforementioned brought to the show.

Next Level, you have to add Artuto Gatti vs Micky Ward pt 3 in your list of greatest fights. Arturo Gatti fought the whole fight with a broken right hand and still managed to win on points. That was the ultimate display in "strongness of chin" because he was unable to hold up his guard due to his broken hand and still won the fight fighting with only his left hand.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by NextLevel1: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2008
Ibime,

You have a point there regarding the Gatti v Ward fight. In equal measure, one could also have added Ali v Norton - a fight a which Ali sustained a broken jaw.

I'd still like to see your top ten list of great fights though.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2008
Next Level:

@ We can then inter-mix them and agree on a final 10 ten list. Peeps, don't be surprised to see Joe Lasisi v Jerry Okorodudu cropping up in some people's list.  grin (Hope you catch my drift)

Guy,
That was funny.Okorodudu v Lasisi.

Anyway,I personally think that Ali/Frazier-Thriller in Mannilla has to be the greatest bout I've seen.
Have you seen Corales/Castillo for lightweight in 2005(I&II):ALL OUT WAR!!!
Then there were some Middleweight bouts: Hagler/Hearns, Hagler/Sugar Ray Leonard( tainted by the flawed decision to give the win to Leonard who barely deserved it).
Azumah Nelson/Pernell Whittaker was also a great fight:Chuka Momah showed that fight on his NTA program 8:00pm saturdays on Network (Sports Spectacular).
Haven't seen the Gatti/Ward fight.Heard it was the bomb.

And Joe Lasisi v Okorodudu:likly to come from Sauron's leaky mouth.
Sorry I haven't compiled a proper list, just my random thoughts
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by NextLevel1: 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2008
Eastbay:

And Joe Lasisi v Okorodudu:likly to come from Sauron's leaky mouth.
Sorry I haven't compiled a proper list, just my random thoughts

Easy Bay, now why did you have to go there? grin Don't worry we'll come to the Naija list later. I seriously hope to be amused and entertained with the list I'll see containing Hogan "one blow 7 die" Jimoh, Obele Anazor, Fighting Romanus, Siki Panther, etc, grin

Alas, I digress slightly. yes, I agree with you that Hagler v Hearns was brutal over 3 rounds, but that was it. It was too short. Great fight though. I wouldn't rate Hagler v Leonard as a great fight though, simply because Leonard spent most of the night on his[i] bike.[/i] He used his stick well though.

I watched the fight on two or three occasions, and I equally don't believe the decision belonged to Leonard when I scored the fight. The only reason Sugar Ray probably sneaked it was due to flashes of showboating, the bolo punch, the jab and run tactics that made an infuriated Hagler suddenly look old on the night.

Regardless, he shouldn't have allowed Sugar Ray to dance all night. He should have[b] cut off the ring [/b](I am sure you understood all the terminology I've been using unlike some peeps that might be wondering if I meant he needed to use a scissors to do that (nobi aso ebi o) and that includes "bike" and "stick" - nobi weapons of warfare o grin grin grin) like he did against Hearns.

Anyway, I look forward to your list.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2008
Next Level:

Regardless, he shouldn't have allowed Sugar Ray to dance all night. He should have[b] cut off the ring [/b](I am sure you understood all the terminology I've been using unlike some peeps that might be wondering if I meant he needed to use a scissors to do that (nobi aso ebi o) and that includes "bike" and "stick" - nobi weapons of warfare o grin grin grin) like he did against Hearns.

Anyway, I look forward to your list.

I thought it was quite an accomplishment to come out of retirement to beat someone who was as fearsome as Hagler,even though I don't believe Leonard should have won the fight.But he made him look ineffective;and maybe that was what the judges were looking for.:I guess they became accustomed to seeing Hagler beat people.But I agree he had no gameplan when he returned.

I digress:
People mention Tyson,but Hagler was a real fighter:deadly hook,hard-hitter,war machine capable of going the distance.He had strategy:wear down the opponent before cutting you down to the canvas.He had the stamina to go the distance with anybody.And he had a concrete chin.Tyson never had anything resembling these,yet people want to say he's the greatest.
Back to the point:
I still think Hearns/Hagler was a great fight:offense from both fighters.Both came to the table with their full deck of cards to win.It was all-out action.I enjoyed that fight
My Lisst:
Here goessadIn no particular oder)
1.Thrilla in Manilla

2.Rumble in the Jungle

(Please interprete to the unschooled in the sweet science(particularly Dayokanu and agbero Sauron) who were involved.I don't have the patience to explain to those prototype human donkeys)

3.Fernando Vargas/Oscar de la Hoya (tainted by Vargas' failed dope test at the end of the fight)

4.Hagler / Beast (Mugabi)-only seen highlights;not the full fight,but enough to know it was a great fight.Heard both guys passed out blood in their urine due to the shots each recieved.

5.The afore-mentiond Hagler/Hearns.Though you might not agree,I still think it was a great fight.

6.Azumah Nelson /Pernell Whittaker (WBC Lightweight title round 1990: Azumah lost on a 1@ round decision)

7.Diego Coralles/Jose/Luis Castillo (I):fight of the year for 2005 :Corales used smart tacticts to avoid been counted out.

8.I'll have to put the Big Daddy/Real Deal fight into the list.

9.And I converse to Duran/Leonad (I)

10.Roberto Duran/IranBarkley for the WBC middleweight title.1989
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by afro: 12:33am On Nov 11, 2008
dat nigga sauron is surely a retard! nuff said
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by kaypumpin2(m): 1:20am On Nov 11, 2008
Next Level:

@Easy Bay, Kay, A-40 (and hey, where is Ibime?)

You guys have time o, continuing with this unproductive debate that is going no where fast. Please let's move on.

Kay listed some super bouts in his posts that brought back memories. So I felt we could do a list of 10 ten super bouts of our choice. We can then inter-mix them and agree on a final 10 ten list. Peeps, don't be surprised to see Joe Lasisi v Jerry Okorodudu cropping up in some people's list. grin (Hope you catch my drift)

Ok, here goes,

1. Sugar Ray Leonard v Roberto Duran (1)

2. Larry Holmes v Ken Norton (the last round alone - the 15th made this fight great - check youtube)

3. Alexis Arguello v Aaron Pryor (1)

4. Muhammad Ali v Joe Frasier (3)

5. Wilfredo Gomez v Lupe Pintor (phew! Talk about all bang action for 14 straight rounds between two boxing greats)

6. Sugar Ray Robinson v Carmen Bassillo (2)

7. Antonio Barrera v Eric Morales (3)

8. Marvin Hagler v John Mugabi

9. Evander Holyfield v Riddock Bowe (1)

10. Salvador Sanchez v Azumah Nelson

I look forward to your list guys. Once we're done, we can then revert to the top then fights in Nigeria in the 70's to the early part of the 90's.

Wow!Saw ur post late as i didnt bother comin here to read this thread again as i tot it was becomin a poignant joke,which i was ready for @ that particular time
Next level,i will only agree with some of the great fights u pasted here if they are in no particular order,but for most part of the bouts/matches,me also think they are fit to be in evergreen 10 top.

U mentioned Okorodudu and u forgot a certain joke of a boxer called Charles Ndalor grin.Also there is certain naija boxin called Obisia Nwakpa and one great naija boxer called Davidson Andeh.

In this list one fight i will always hold in high esteem is the Sugar/Carmen's bout.Carmen;s left eye was all closed frm punches yet dude refused to allow his corner throw in the towel.

Even the Ali/Frazier 3 is a classic.

Boxin is a joke now and i dnt wanna ever comment on it or else i may start cursing!
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by ayobase(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2008
No one like Tyson,
Hmmmmm,I still dey
respect the guy!!!
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by sweetpie23: 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2009
Muhammed Ali forever
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by chic2pimp(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
TYSON KO, WIMP NI *Shior*

Ali everyday of the week jare.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by jalether(m): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
Are we talking abt the greatest boxer or greatest entertainer here, I can bet my mortgage on the fact that
Iron mike Tyson would send any boxer (Ali, Foreman, Suga ray robinsin, et al) to their early grave in his prime

Longevity is not always a sufficient measure for true greatness,  Notorious BIG is regarded as one of (if not the)
greatest rapper of all time with only two albums released through out his short career
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by A40(m): 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
jalether:

Are we talking abt the greatest boxer or greatest entertainer here, I can bet my mortgage on the fact that
Iron mike Tyson would send any boxer (Ali, Foreman, Suga ray robinsin, et al) to their early grave in his prime

Longevity is not always a sufficient measure for true greatness,  Notorious BIG is regarded as one of (if not the)
greatest rapper of all time with only two albums released through out his short career
Very wrong analogy!! Rap and Sports are very different afterall Tyson did not die did he? How many setbacks did Tyson come back from or does that not matter? truth is most of the guys Ali conquered would kill Tyson in the ring!! Tyson would not make the top 20 boxers of all time never mind Greatest
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
A40,
is this thread still alive?
who is this cracker-jack relating boxing with hip-hop?
like you rightly said,Tyson never bounced back from hs embarrasing losses.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2009
Lets shift d attention home a bit.Whose d best Bash ali,joe lasisi, okorodudu or samuel peters?
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by larimo(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2009
how can you guys omit floyd ' pretty boy' mayweather! except u r only talking about the heaveyweight category.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by snapshot: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2009
It is TYSON all the way cool
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by snapshot: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2009
larimo:

how can you guys omit floyd ' pretty boy' mayweather! except u r only talking about the heaveyweight category.
oh! my goodness! how can i forget pretty boy, money ' mayweather? that guy is exceptional,40-0, undefeated,that guy is bad cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Johnnny(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2009
Leave me! Let me talk my own.

It is, em em em

It is , Oh my God, what dis guys name sef?

Ehen, It is SAMUEL PETERS

(Afterall he came, he won the belt once and quited when the ovation was loudest) - the hallmark of a contented boxer.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by chic2pimp(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
Eastbay:

A40,
is this thread still alive?
[b]who is this cracker-jack relating boxing with hip-hop?[/b]like you rightly said,Tyson never bounced back from hs embarrasing losses.

That's NL for you grin cheesy grin.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by gidson12(m): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2009
well i'would have picked tyson, but Ali is always rated the greatest boxer
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by mamagee6(f): 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
Muhammed Ali, of course[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]. cool
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by A40(m): 2:26am On Dec 25, 2010
You Tyson fans ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for comparing that blob to the Great Muhammad Ali! After watching a George Foreman at almost 70 years old fight Evander Holyfield to a stand-still on Classic Fights. What is Mike Tyson's excuse?? Or was Foreman in his prime?
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by dayokanu(m): 2:38am On Dec 25, 2010
Did Mohammed Ali also fight at close to 70?

That must mean Foreman is greater than Mohammed Ali.

If Roger Milla can score a world cup goal at 42 then whats Peles excuse? That must mean Milla is greater than Pele
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by A40(m): 3:22am On Dec 25, 2010
dayokanu:

Did Mohammed Ali also fight at close to 70?

That must mean Foreman is greater than Mohammed Ali.

If Roger Milla can score a world cup goal at 42 then whats Peles excuse? That must mean Milla is greater than Pele
Dont be a simpleton! Obviously the statement was tongue in cheek but he was still almost 50 before he retired. Ali was still fighting credible opponents at almost 40. Did Pele come back to the game and play?? Why did a Tyson who was supposedly in his prime get beatdown by his first formidable opponent "Holyfield" when someone who was way older was able to hang with him. If at 30 he still got beatdown like a punk by the same nucca that couldnt knock down a 42 year old man then yall dont even have a clue
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by dayokanu(m): 4:03am On Dec 25, 2010
WHich credible opponent was Alli still fighting at 40? Pray tell? Who did he beat at age 40

Alli won his last Boxing bout at age 36 while Tyson won his last at age 37.

Tyson's prime was between 1985 and 1991 when he went to jail and who tell us his record in that time.

Before Tyson went to jail his record was 41-1. Before Douglas Tyson was at 37-0 Show us Allis records.

Tyson had 6 losses in his career 5 of which were after he spent 4yrs in jail. Which Sportman goes to jail for 4yrs and would still be at his peak
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by A40(m): 10:05am On Dec 25, 2010
dayokanu:

WHich credible opponent was Alli still fighting at 40? Pray tell? Who did he beat at age 40

Alli won his last Boxing bout at age 36 while Tyson won his last at age 37.

Tyson's prime was between 1985 and 1991 when he went to jail and who tell us his record in that time.

Before Tyson went to jail his record was 41-1. Before Douglas Tyson was at 37-0 Show us Allis records.

Tyson had 6 losses in his career 5 of which were after he spent 4yrs in jail. Which Sportman goes to jail for 4yrs and would still be at his peak
I said almost 40 abi you no dey understand English for night?? In the annals of boxing who are more likely to be remembered Trevor Berbick and Larry Holmes or Clifford Etienne?

And who where the decent fighters Mike Tyson fought within his supposed prime?? Ali only ever lost 5 times fighting some of the best boxers in the history of boxing more than once! yet only once was he ever knocked down even when he was clearly past his peak. Whose business if Tyson went to jail? Did i send him there. Why was Tyson able to beat an assortment of duds all through his career but always got his a$$ whooped after meeting a decent fighter
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by montelik(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2010
This topic is a little insulting. First I like Tyson and I thoroughly enjoyed his brief tenure. I even used to wear the in-famous Tyson hair cut when I was younger. But Tyson doesn't come anywhere near Ali not to mention other great heavyweights.

A few people have pointed out that Tyson went to prison in his prime as an excuse. But if you know your history you would know that Ali was stripped of his titles and his boxing license in his prime because he refused to go to the Vietnam war, when he was drafted. An undefeated champion was basically forced to quit the sport for about 4 years even though he did nothing wrong. Yet when Ali returned after regaining his boxing license, he became world heavyweight champion again, fought in all time classic encounters (rumble in the jungle, thrilla in manilla e.t.c) and beat all the great boxers of his era. People like Foreman (possibly d deadliest puncher boxing has ever seen), Frazier, Norton, Patterson e.t.c.

All genuine great heavyweight boxers faced momentary challenges, whether jail, personal losses or bad management e.t.c. But the true greats like Ali, Frazier, Foreman e.t.c rose to face their challenges and triumph. Tyson never faced his, at the first sign of trouble he showed that he wasn't in the same category as the true greats. I still like him and he was a special boxer (youngest heavyweight champion and only boxer to unify all belts individually) but he falls well short of the greatest category, not to mention being better than Ali.
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by A40(m): 1:50am On Dec 26, 2010
"If you even dream of beating me you better wake up & apologize" Muhammad Ali
Re: Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? by Katsumoto: 3:03am On Dec 28, 2010
montelik:

This topic is a little insulting. First I like Tyson and I thoroughly enjoyed his brief tenure. I even used to wear the in-famous Tyson hair cut when I was younger. But Tyson doesn't come anywhere near Ali not to mention other great heavyweights.

A few people have pointed out that Tyson went to prison in his prime as an excuse. But if you know your history you would know that Ali was stripped of his titles and his boxing license in his prime because he refused to go to the Vietnam war, when he was drafted. An undefeated champion was basically forced to quit the sport for about 4 years even though he did nothing wrong. Yet when Ali returned after regaining his boxing license, he became world heavyweight champion again, fought in all time classic encounters (rumble in the jungle, thrilla in manilla e.t.c) and beat all the great boxers of his era. People like Foreman (possibly d deadliest puncher boxing has ever seen), Frazier, Norton, Patterson e.t.c.

All genuine great heavyweight boxers faced momentary challenges, whether jail, personal losses or bad management e.t.c. But the true greats like Ali, Frazier, Foreman e.t.c rose to face their challenges and triumph. Tyson never faced his, at the first sign of trouble he showed that he wasn't in the same category as the true greats. I still like him and he was a special boxer (youngest heavyweight champion and only boxer to unify all belts individually) but he falls well short of the greatest category, not to mention being better than Ali.

I have to agree with this. Tyson was great but he did not fight a great pool of boxers like Ali did. Ali had three fights with Frazier, one memorable fight with the Foreman (arguably the hardest boxer of all time), beat the legendary Sonny Liston, Ken Norton. The 60s and 70s produced the best generation of heavyweight boxers and Ali fought them all.

Some argued that Tyson had woman troubles before his fight with Buster Douglas but that was nothing compared to the drama Ali faced during the Thrilla in Manilla fight with Frazier when he went to Manilla with his girlfriend. His wife saw his girlfirend being introduced to Ferdinand Marcos as his wife and flew straight to Manilla. Ali still fought a gruelling 15 rounds with Frazier and won.

Marciano was no great boxer; he fought for the mob.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi On FIFA Best Player Shortlist / Nigeria Wins Gold, Sets New Record At The World U-20 Athletcs Championship / Solskjaer: We May Turn Ighalo's Loan Into A Permanent Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.