Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

New UNIMAID VC Visits New Education Minister, Mallam Ibrahim Skekarau - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New UNIMAID VC Visits New Education Minister, Mallam Ibrahim Skekarau (2310 Views)

JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official / UNIMAID Dental Student Dies 3 Days After Oath-taking (photo) / New Education System In Nigeria: 9-3-4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New UNIMAID VC Visits New Education Minister, Mallam Ibrahim Skekarau by zeemore: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
The new Vice Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, Professor Ibrahim Abubakar Njodi, visited the new Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, on Thursday July 17, 2014. Njodi and his team were received at the Federal Ministry of Education by the Permanent Secretary, Dr. MacJohn Nwabiala, and the Director, Human Resources, Dr. M.B. Umar.

The Vice Chancellor's mission was to congratulate the Minister on his appointment which took place only a few days earlier. The academic delivered a congratulatory letter to the minister after the introductions had been done.

The Vice Chancellor's message read, in part: "Sir, as you are aware, the 'footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down. I am convinced that your ascension as Minister of Education, being a core educationist, would revolutionize the education sector in Nigeria. Please, count on us in your proposed giant strides to reposition the Nigerian education system. We wish you all the best in your new role. Please, accept the assurance of my highest and esteemed regards."

The Minister, MallamShekarau, responded by thanking Professor Njodi for visiting him. "I thank you for this brotherly and friendly visit. I am amazed and honoured that you travelled all the way from Maiduguri to Abuja just to felicitate with me".
The minister continued by acknowledging the fact that it would require much work to transform the country's education sector. To achieve the objective, the minister disclosed that "we need comfort and peace of mind, knowing that whatever happens in the ministry will definitely affect learning in the classroom".
He then promised to help the University of Maiduguri whenever he was asked to.

On Professor Njodi's team were Professor Peter Bzugu, Engr. Yahaya Habu and Dr. Adamu Dzivama.

SOURCE: MEDIA/PR Aide, OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR

Re: New UNIMAID VC Visits New Education Minister, Mallam Ibrahim Skekarau by Decibel: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
University of BH Maiduguri lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: New UNIMAID VC Visits New Education Minister, Mallam Ibrahim Skekarau by hakku: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
university of maiduguri bama road.
Re: New UNIMAID VC Visits New Education Minister, Mallam Ibrahim Skekarau by Moblord(m): 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
UNIMAID is a great schoool. and the new VC is more active

(1) (Reply)

#photo Beautiful BAZE University Student Dies From Sickle Cell / Jamb Reprint Live Thread / Current Jamb Utme Subject Combination 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.