Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Official:drogba Signs With Chelsea For Second Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official:drogba Signs With Chelsea For Second Time (516 Views)

Breakin Newz.... PAUL POGBA Arrive (CHELSEA) For Medical / Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? / Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Official:drogba Signs With Chelsea For Second Time by 247tops(m): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Didier Drogba will begin his second spell at Chelsea next season after agreeing a one-year deal with Jose Mourinho’s side. The 36-year-old striker and Blues favourite returns to Stamford Bridge after leaving in 2012 for stints at Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray. “It was an easy decision — I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to work with Jose again,” Drogba said. “Everyone knows the special relationship I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me.”
Chelsea Lead Drogba became a free agent upon leaving Galatasaray at the end of last season so there is no transfer fee involved in the deal. The Ivorian marksman was named Chelsea’s greatest ever player in a poll of fans in 2012 after scoring 157 goals in 341 appearances. His last act in a Blues shirt was to rifle home the winning penalty in the shoot-out against Bayern Munich that seized the London club’s first Champions League crown two years ago. “My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team,” Drogba said. “I’m excited for this next chapter of my career.”

Mourinho, who originally lured Drogba to Chelsea for £24million in 2004, insists the decision to re-sign the club’s fourth highest scorer of all time was not clouded by sentimentality. “Didier’s coming because he’s one of the best strikers in Europe, ” Mourinho said. “I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he’s not protected by history or what he’s done for this club previously. He is coming with the mentality to make more history.”
SOURCE:http://247tops..com/2014/07/officialdrogba-signs-with-chelsea-for.html

Re: Official:drogba Signs With Chelsea For Second Time by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Welcome if true

Chelseabmw...... Yolo
Re: Official:drogba Signs With Chelsea For Second Time by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
Now dat Oscar has his number 11 shirt. Wat will he wear? I feel that dat number shud av bn preserved for a couple of years atleast

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Barca Make Not Play In Spain Again / Either It's Mikel, Torres Or Cech, One Has To Be Sold – Mourinho / Man U, Tottenham And Arsenal Are Not Title Contenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.