Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) (1157 Views)

Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / The Martyrdom Of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) In The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Sermon Of Tawheed (monotheism) By Imam Ali (as) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by LagosShia: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali

By Rahat Husain

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/24/husain-fleeing-iraqi-christians-find-safe-haven-sh/

Thursday, July 24, 2014

After the “Islamic State” (IS) issued a threat that all Christians in Mosul must convert, die, or flee, most chose the final option and escaped IS held territory. Heading towards the southern region of Iraq, which is believed to be relatively safe, the Christian community was met with offers of safe haven in the cities of Najaf and Karbala, which house some of the holiest shrines of Shia Islam.

In a statement earlier this week, the shrine of Imam Ali announced that “it is ready to host the Christian families who departed their houses in fear of being killed by what is so called the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant.” The deputy secretary-general of the Holy Shrine, Zuhair Shurba, told IraqiNews.com “The Holy Shrine can host many Christian families and provide them all their basic needs.”

Reportedly, the offer is also available to Sunnis, Kurds and all other Iraqis fleeing violence at the hands of ISIS. Following the announcements, the Iraqi city of Basra also opened its facilities to displaced Christians, and is reportedly hosting approximately 100 families from surrounding regions.

The shrine is the site of the final resting place of Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib, son-in-law of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad. According to Sunni belief, Imam Ali served as the fourth and final “righteously guided” Caliph; Shias hold him to be the true successor to the Prophet.

Also inviting refugees is the nearby city of Karbala, home to the shrines of Imam Husain and Abul Fadhl Abbas, two sons of Imam Ali who served as important historical leaders.

Many took to social media to discuss the situation:

Twitter user ‏@Yusr_ wrote “Friends in Karbala say they are staying with relatives and have given up their own homes for Mosul families.

A woman identifying herself as “Mrs Jawad” with the Twitter handle @iraqi_mind, echoed the sentiment, writing “The Road from #najaf to #Karbala is flooding with displaced refugees now using shelter that was built for the visitors of #Arbaeen and #NO2ISIS.

Accompanying pictures showcased food and rations supply depots distributing supplies to incoming refugees.

Many of the Muslim families who are hosting displaced Christians speak happily of the experience, recounting the historical story of a band of Muslims, led by the brother of Imam Ali, Jaffar ibn Abu Talib, finding safe haven in Christian controlled Abyssinia.Christianity is mentioned several times in the Quran, often times in praiseworthy circumstances, explaining some of the positive sentiment in this circumstance.

“Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians — whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve,” Chapter 2, Verse 62 of the Quran says.

“…and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, Another citation in Chapter 5, Verse 82 says, “ ‘We are Christians,’ because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.”
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
safe haven my assterick..... please keep moving
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
shikshark: safe haven my assterick..... please keep moving
Opkonu
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by technophile(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
following...
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
1stola:
Opkonu
harindeen

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
shikshark:
harindeen
madcow
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
1stola:
madcow
al qaeda bovine!..........dont worry phase one of operation K.A.M will soon be launched to put ur SAWS out of their misery

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
shikshark:
al qaeda bovine!..........dont worry phase one of operation K.A.M will soon be launched to put ur SAWS out of their misery
Igbo from lizard clan
A product of baby factory in Anambra
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 2:48am On Jul 26, 2014
1stola:
Igbo from lizard clan
A product of baby factory in Anambra
p.uszy fart psychos like you are no that easy to ditch thats why benjamin netanyahu is having problem cleaning his country.
pls find a happy place................d.ickhead

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 4:08am On Jul 26, 2014
shikshark:
p.uszy fart psychos like you are no that easy to ditch thats why benjamin netanyahu is having problem cleaning his country.
pls find a happy place................d.ickhead
Fool.
soon, we'll wipe all of your spüpid asseß off planet earth.
Idïotic morôn
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 4:24am On Jul 26, 2014
1stola:
Fool.
soon, we'll wipe all of your spüpid asseß off planet earth.
Idïotic morôn
why is this fungi derailing this thread na? u better go and help ur brothers in zaria....soldiers are killing them like piece of cake......pls dont forget to carry detonator as u dey rush.........s.a.w axehole

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 4:30am On Jul 26, 2014
shikshark:
why is this fungi derailing this thread na? u better go and help ur brothers in zaria....soldiers are killing them like piece of cake......pls dont forget to carry detonator as u dey rush.........s.a.w axehole
Jobless morôn.
You can be on Nairaland all day because ua jobless you hear?
I'm sure your ranting will stop when the free mb mtn gave you from your N100 recharge you made last week finishes.
Useless jobless lowlife fucktàrd.
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by Godhandpro: 4:46am On Jul 26, 2014
1stola:
Opkonu
Im not really a fan of anyone but why do you attack the guys suggestion in the first place

1 Like

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 4:51am On Jul 26, 2014
1stola:
Jobless morôn.
You can be on Nairaland all day because ua jobless you hear?
I'm sure your ranting will stop when the free mb mtn gave you from your N100 recharge you made last week finishes.
Useless jobless lowlife fucktàrd.
heediet.....time here is 21:48 im not a religous sickler like you am a travel agent.......and what does travel agent do....they travel. still dont forget your detonator as you are rushing......osaze odewinge

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 4:53am On Jul 26, 2014
Godhandpro:
Im not really a fan of anyone but why do you attack the guys suggestion in the first place
help me ask am ooooo. im sure he is al qaeda watchdog
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2014
shikshark:
heediet.....time here is 21:48 im not a religous sickler like you am a travel agent.......and what does travel agent do....they travel. still dont forget your detonator as you are rushing......osaze odewinge
Shitshark or what da fück do u call yourself?
U re a bloody ignorant slowpoke.
Who told u Dat I'm in religious bondage like u?
I'm sure u can't even comprehend the trash u typed with your claws.
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 12:14am On Jul 27, 2014
1stola:
Shitshark or what da fück do u call yourself?
U re a bloody ignorant slowpoke.
Who told u Dat I'm in religious bondage like u?
I'm sure u can't even comprehend the trash u typed with your claws.
hey im so busy right now....gotta deal with this dinner, dont worry i ordered some pork-chops for you. better eat it and accept Jesus into your misserabl-e, muslimatic, freaky life.
crack-head

Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 12:22am On Jul 27, 2014
shikshark:
hey im so busy right now....gotta deal with this dinner, dont worry i ordered some pork-chops for you. better eat it and accept Jesus into your misserabl-e, muslimatic, freaky life.
crack-head
Lol!
You have really showed your true self with that image.
You have a big miserable head with no brain.
shio
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 3:53am On Jul 27, 2014
1stola:
Lol!
You have really showed your true self with that image.
You have a big miserable head with no brain.
shio
no......i editted my head because your evil brothers al qaeda are all over the place in the U.S looking for how to claim their 70 virgins in hell by bombing everywhere.
actually that Mac fast food in is on oak brook, IL......they can bomb it now.....fuulz
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by 1stola: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2014
shikshark:
no......i editted my head because your evil brothers al qaeda are all over the place in the U.S looking for how to claim their 70 virgins in hell by bombing everywhere.
actually that Mac fast food in is on oak brook, IL......they can bomb it now.....fuulz
You edited nothing.
That's who you truly are.
morôn
Re: Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) by shikshark: 5:26am On Jul 29, 2014
a friend of mine posted your pix on facebook after your stinking salah bull+shit and i will like to share NL

(1) (Reply)

Islamophobia In Europe:guard 'hit 9-year-old Boy's Head On Ground' / Lessons From Hadith 10 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / Hajj - 12/06/08

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.