Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills (1007 Views)

5 Tips On How To Effectively Use Your Skills / Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! / 3 Ideas To Help You Stay Productive And Improve Your Skills During The ASUU Stri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills by JimloveTM(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
The Job search in Nigeria in highly competitive, There are over a 100+ CVs/Resumes submitted for every job opening advertised. About 50 percent of these CVs never even gets to the HR, and are deleted by HR softwares.

With these stats, job applicants should be willing to go the extra mile and be creative inorder to stand a chance of getting the attention of hiring managers.

My name is Jimoh and as a writer for thinkysolutions, i took out my time to search the web for better ways one can stand out from the crowd and I discovered some cases of people who got jobs by demonstrating their skills. I am an example of this anyway (wrote about that on another post in the blog), but the case studies here are for some really inspiring cases i found.
#Be inspired as you read.

1. Sam Mallikarjunan, head of marketing at Hubspot Labs, launched a full-blown marketing campaign to grab the attention of the company he was pursuing. It worked!

2. Leona Chu, advertising operations manager at Work4, utilized Facebook to capture the attention of a variety of companies in her job search efforts. She launched the below ad to promote herself to targeted audiences. See image of what she did below.

3. Mark McDonald, curriculum developer at Thinkful, landed his job by demonstrating his skills. He wanted to work at a technology company that aligned with his interests and values, so after narrowing down his list to a select few organizations, he built a webpage for each, and formally applied. The strategy got him call backs to every single company he applied to, including Google, Khan Academy, Clever and Thinkful.This type of approach can also be particularly effective for students seeking internships.

More examples exist!!

For my case, I called a company that I could help them develop and create more awareness for their softwares. I pointed them to examples of where I have done it before. The next day I was hired!.

#What Skill can you demonstrate to help you land your dream job?
Source: http://jobguide.thinkysolutions.com

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills by JimloveTM(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Creativity is needed if you must stand out from the millions of job seekers out there
http://jobguide.thinkysolutions.com/2014/07/how-to-get-job-by-demonstrating-your.html
Re: How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills by Decibel: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 26, 2014
Decibel: tongue

see ur big head

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job By Demonstrating Your Skills by JimloveTM(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Decibel: tongue

You are welcome to share your testimony if you got your job this way

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Job Even If I Will Split My Salary / Making The Most Out Of What You Have! Petroleum Engineer / How These Leading Nigerian Startups Raised Millions Of Dollars In Equity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.