Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,889 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerians: Undastanding Who We Really Are. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians: Undastanding Who We Really Are. (565 Views)

Nigeria: Are We Really That Bad and Beyond Repair? / Where really are the Igbos from? / Okada Riders Vs. Danfo Drivers Who Really Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians: Undastanding Who We Really Are. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alot of sentiment,feelings and opinion from our African brothers and sisters born out of their experiences with we Nigerians whether remotely or directly is what you see and read everyday particularly on the internet.For some,we are to them;internet fraudstars,drug pushers,traffickers and so on.Also for some,we are smart,intelligent and hardworking. But really,who are we and why do our African brothers see us the way they do?
My analysis to this question is conceived out of a deep conviction in me of our true identity which is deviod of bias or prejudice.May i state that,this write-up seeks to educate and re-orientate our people from other part of the black continent on who Nigerians really are.
I will for summary sake itemise my points in specific.
1.Nigerians are naturally friendly and accomdative people.However,if you abuse this gesture from them,they won't fail to fix you up mannerism wise.
2.Nigerians love comics alot.We derive alot of fun from poking or yabbing (as we call it here) ourselves with insult.However,when we do,it does'nt take away our love for eachother.We still mean well for eachther.So,when next you are involved with us (paricularly Ghanians and South Africans) on a bad mouthing spree here,don't get all worked up with it.Cos,the Nigerian dude on the other side of the phone will most likely be laughing and catching fun with nothing personal against you.
3.Insult a Nigerian or Nigeria for all you can.However,much as we admit that our country needs alot of fixing,we will never allow you take a swipe at us without a more brutal response to go for it.Don't take it personal.Its called national pride here.Only Nigerians insult Nigerians.But when you dabble into our affairs with aggression and insult,we won't mind lashing out on you collectively.
4.Admitedly,we have bad eggs among us.Yea,the drug pushers,scammers and so on.A trend we Nigerians always condem and do advocate for punishment on culprit regardless of our national affiliation with them.
5.Lastly on a sincere note,we love our African brothers and sisters.Its natural in us.So,please love us to.

(1) (Reply)

Buy A Bag Of Dangote Cement At A Low Price Of #950 / Unbelievable! Gabon Disgraces Nigeria On World Stage! / Where Is Our National Theatre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.