Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Difference Between Center And Centre - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between Center And Centre (37835 Views)

The Difference Between An Alligator And A Crocodile / Jamb 2015:shrare Ur Dates,time, AND Centre Of Examination / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student (2) (3) (4)

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by kelnas(m): 6:36am On Jul 26, 2014
Dey all mean de same thing. I wonder why some people cant just understand dat!
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by ZUBY77(m): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2014
The more correct one is Centre.
all Europeans use Centre..Centrum.. Centric..etc. Note the R comes after T.

Europe colonized you.
Not America

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by RayMcBlue(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Different ship, same difference. "Center" and "Centre" are one and the same, just a minor difference in spelling, that's all.
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by greggng: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2014
In english language there is what we call context meaning. This means the meaning of a word with reference to the sentence were it appears. A word can mean different thing in different sentence were you found such word. The best way to understand the meaning of a word is to understand its context meaning and also its literally meaning .
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by retepmurt(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2014
AdeniyiA: "center" refers to d middle of something. while "centre" refers to "a place of OR a place for. eg "centre for continue education "
I am with you
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by initialize(m): 7:20am On Jul 26, 2014
Kindly check out this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1788642/octacore-jiayu-g4s-38k-gionee

Is it a center or a centre
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by bharyur2103(m): 7:23am On Jul 26, 2014
AdeniyiA: "center" refers to d middle of something. while "centre" refers to "a place of OR a place for. eg "centre for continue education "

It's actually believed to be the other way round i.e Centre is used by some people to mean the midpoint of a particular thing or place while Center is used to mean an institution or form of establishment.However,there are no grammatical differences in meaning between the two.One is just commonly used by Americans while the other is used by the British....
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Deiok(m): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2014
You can use both. But as a nigerian and you live in nigeria use the centre.

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by calddon(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2014
priscaoge:
Nigeria make use British English n Centre is British and Center is American.

British words like colour,rumour flavour, labour, honour, humour etc are been spelt color, rumor, flavor, labor honor, humor etc
in America.

Btw it's DIFFERENCE not DIFFRIENCE so modify ur topic. Thanks
Americans aint got time for those elongated British spellings. they love things easy. just the same way its easier to live in America than in England.
English men love protocol.
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by mato0012(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2014
. You're very much right.
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2014
priscaoge:
Nigeria make use British English n Centre is British and Center is American.

British words like colour,rumour flavour, labour, honour, humour etc are been spelt color, rumor, flavor, labor honor, humor etc
in America.

Btw it's DIFFERENCE not DIFFRIENCE so modify ur topic. Thanks
thanks

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 7:46am On Jul 26, 2014
Damlesky: can't you just check your dictionary undecided why is everybody opening thread just to ask silly questions mtcheeew angry angry angry
duh
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by myspnigeria: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2014
it could be confusing at times
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2014

You go school at all?

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2014
rattlesnake: one is biological
one is social
lmao.was expecting to see some iluminati explanation from you

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Elebiju: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2014
Do you have a dictionary at all?if you don't know the meaning and usage of words the dictionary is there to help you, we know you are confused and reluctant to read people's post, cos you wanna make FP but pls don't mislead others. *imagine, he posted rubbish with confidence *

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2014
Olekumaster: OP God bless you. I often wonder what their difference is sef. Someday, simple things like this can make one look very foo:lish and dull.
LAST BULLET: has Seun held family meeting with his mods? Front page topics making sense since yesterday
thanks bro.we are all here to learn
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2014
neuljosh:
You nailed it. No need for further argument. Next please no time smiley

LAST BULLET; OP you still haven't corrected the typo your made on your Topic.
pls i need help on how to to modify it thanks.i clicked on modify but everything is just been faint
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2014
Ezedon: Center is where a guy insert joystick while centre is the place where the action took place, so the later is for examination
lmao. Bad guy p...
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 26, 2014
annoymous: Despite the face that you are in Nigeria, you can use either, not necessarily the British English version but whichever one you choose you have to use consistently in your writing and can't keep switching between British and American English.
Exactly
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by singlefade25(f): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2014
Ezedon: Center is where a guy insert joystick while centre is the place where the action took place, so the later is for examination
u don fall my hand, na wa to u o.
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by mezebel(f): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2014
ghettodreamz:

@OP, stated above is what you're looking for.
the dude is 100percent correct....centre which is more of central, is a place eg, ibeku central school school aba which simply means a central place for education. Then center in other hand means d center of anything eg, center table,center parting. The meaning ,spelling and usage are quit different my dear. For examination venue,use centre.thanks
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by smudge2079(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2014
Dey are both correct, one is british, d otha us American... Just be consistent with how u use dem. My $1
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by mezebel(f): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2014
NaLaugh:

You're incorrect.

In the OP's context, it is simply An American & British difference, as already pointed out by some above.
u are most incorrect,nothing like british and america in dis context...check my correction above!!!
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by michaeltotti(m): 8:14am On Jul 26, 2014
Polaris1: Both are correct.
Centre is the traditional spelling,
Center is more of a US spelling that is gaining popularity (More like the way color is getting to replace colour).
color,centre are america english while colour,center are british english.and d correct one is the british own.because we are colonised by the britain!!!
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 8:15am On Jul 26, 2014
mezebel: the dude is 100percent correct....centre which is more of central, is a place eg, ibeku central school school aba which simply means a central place for education. Then center in other hand means d center of anything eg, center table,center parting. The meaning ,spelling and usage are quit different my dear. For examination venue,use centre.thanks
u just nailed it
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by mezebel(f): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Libkid: u just nailed it
hw was ur night my friend?
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by michaeltotti(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2014
Polaris1: Both are correct.
Centre is the traditional spelling,
Center is more of a US spelling that is gaining popularity (More like the way color is getting to replace colour).
hmmmm!teacher
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by nikkyshyne(f): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2014
And to think this has 41 likes?

Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 26, 2014
Both are correct spellings, one is British spelling and the oda is American spelling, also see favor and favour
Re: Difference Between Center And Centre by Libkid(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2014
mezebel: hw was ur night my friend?
it was so so cold.we thankGod yours??

'3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission