Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (346424 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 12:09am On Sep 06, 2014
KenyanLady: You guys are clearly posting Tuareg, Horn African and mixed race people and passing them as Fulanis, inferiority complex.

Ethiopian
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HTbwPWh.jpg[/IMG]

Somali
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J0Ek8Ay.jpg[/IMG]

Ethiopian
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SyP8j67.jpg[/IMG]

Thnks for catching that. I diddnt even look through their pics. But as you pointed out, those women are cushitic women (somali,ethic,eritrean) and not Fulani.

by the way we are not mixed.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:09am On Sep 06, 2014
Onilaiscool:

its normal for countries to get smaller or bigger throughout history

get over it

and it is also normal for countries to get/take back what was theirs wink
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:09am On Sep 06, 2014
Onilaiscool:

what matters ya all are in the central

whether yr benefiting form our economy or not
never said the contrary.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:36am On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah:
I am certainly not basing myself off of colonialism. Cameroon, the French part that is, was part of French Equatorial Africa not the Western. So if colonialism was the only criteria you'd have a strong argument for staying where you are currently. But the Anglophone was part was not, that's still an important factor.
By mainstream culture I was referring Football, music, comedy, universities and politics where Cameroon and other French speaking French Africans tend to have a rivalry/friendly relations. Sometimes it is pushed to point where Cameroonians and Ivorians are called "freres ennemis" as a joke since they will collaborate with one another if their common interests are on the line.I've mentioned in previous comments how you tend to hang out more West Africans in Universities such as Moncton that many West African students attend.
My friend, needless to remind you that just like all of Francophone West Africa but Guinea, you use CFA as a currency. As long as it will be the case, you'll have to deal with France. Knowing how messed up the deal is for members , I am sure you and Cote d'Ivoire will be compelled to work together to regain monetary independence even though your CFA zones have different central banks. Unity behind that goal is the only way to end it.
Look , Gbagbo survived for 10 years under French diplomatic and sometimes military attack and under a rebellion. He did so not only because he was a clever politician but because he did receive some support from other presidents. It is in Guinea that he kept his helicopters when France was on the verse on destroying everything. But the same Gbagbo made a huge mistake by letting the UN certify the elections. Therefore he lost before the elections had begun. And do you know how much xenophobia there was during Gbagbo's rule?He alienated himself an important part of the population with his Ivoirite business. He might not have started it but his followers use it throughout his regime to fight who they considered foreigners. His death squadrons destroyed countless lives. He had made too many enemies.

For now Cameroon can trade with Nigeria but with a stronger ECOWAS(that's what we are dreaming out here lol) new terms will be imposed. I am sure Cameroon will make the best choice for her people. I mean come on, Nigeria(first economic power on the continent), Ghana, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire and many other promising countries, it's a no-brainer . Instead of being in the same unions with Centrafrican Republic populated by savages, I am sorry but they are. Sorry Fulaman but what they did to Muslims there was unspeakable. No other term qualifies them but that.

Now am I denying your ties with Central Africa? Of course not, you've mentioned the Bantu groups. I know for a fact the Fangs would love to reconnect Ekang people. Maybe you can members of both Unions? wink

lol my friend there is no Ivoirian or west af mainstream culture in Cameroon, whatever that means grin grin grin

1) Franc CFA is a result of colonialism, it is not like we sat down somewhere with ivoirians and decided to adopt it as our national currency, furthermore Cameroon was wrongly added to that colonial chain as we were not a French colony, when the French and brits took over we already add our own currency(tho German imposed/influenced)

2)anglophone Cameroon whatever that means was part of german Kamerun, we had already been one prior the French and brits arrival, our ties def have nothing to do with English or French the so called Anglophone(northwest and southwest regions) are mostly sawa and their sawa brothers in the littoral region are mostly francophone as you can see no wonder they chose to join their sawa brothers instead of the igbos who according to them were marginalizing them
3) FOOTBALL, OUR RIVALRY is with Nigeria anyone saying the contrary is either very young or simply don't watch and don't know football, how many games or even finals have we play against ivory coast? we ain't rivals they are beneath us in term of football and we def don't consider them as rivals
4) Music erm you should b more precise we probably know some ivoria artists 2 actually yorobo, magic system still that does not mean their music is part of our mainstream culture in fact if I must compare foreign African music/artists penetration in Cameroon I will probably say Nigeria takes the upper hand, then again it is not like wherever you go you will hear ivo or Nigerian music ..most kmer are fond of their local music
5) comedies erm
6)universities ? as in ?

------------------------------------ how we tend to hang more with west Af you say, well we are probably the most travelled central Africans as in having the biggest diaspora probably behind DRC only, my point is the chances for us to meet other central Africans abroad are very small it is not everyday you meet a Gabonese .Chadian etc students so us hanging more with west Af is because of that not because there is a specific connection ..btw since you mentioned Moncton, you probably know damn well that west af are the majority there ..the only central Africans are Congolese and Cameroonian so it should not surprise you that we hang out with you..i am not saying we don't like you people but your example is very misleading ..btw we are very friendly people cool

Nigeria is the only viable west Af economy and its our biggest African partner no need for others as they are useless and will only bring us back to square one dealing with the others is like dealing with france minions + ghan sinking economy we are already trying to get rid of france others should do so first and I am afraid it is far from being the case , in few words you have nothing to offer s
I don't even ant to mention the backstabbing attitude.of course as a muslim you won't support gbagbo . I don't feel necessary to discuss about that so feel free to draw your own conclusions but as far as we are concerned Gbagbo is still the Ivoirian president and wattara a French prefect.
whenever you think about CAR think about niger, mali,sierr leone,mali,burkina Mauritania,gambia etc grin grin

since you believe in forming a Fulani nation I think you should focus on merging senegal and gambia first
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:53am On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

We would gladly take our 10% Fulani population from Cameroon.
they ain't going nowhere and 10% is far fetched, some people should stop manipulating online figures esp on wiki ..Fulani are roughly 7%-8%
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:55am On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198: Oh shoot are Nayah and Camnewton4Pres trying to make this thread a Bantu vs. Fulani thread cheesy?

we should go back to the thread, Fulani in Cameroon are Cameroonian and don't want to go in Nigeria or form any Fulani nation , as the existent ones are nothing to write about
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:23am On Sep 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

we should go back to the thread, Fulani in Cameroon are Cameroonian and don't want to go in Nigeria or form any Fulani nation , as the existent ones are nothing to write about

And how exactly do you know this? I have Fulani relatives in Cameroon....
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:25am On Sep 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: they ain't going nowhere and 10% is far fetched, some people should stop manipulating online figures esp on wiki ..Fulani are roughly 7%-8%

Fulani are about 3 million in Cameroon so it's actually probably higher than 10% maybe more like 12%.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by JiggamanGh: 4:10am On Sep 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

lol my friend there is no Ivoirian or west af mainstream culture in Cameroon, whatever that means grin grin grin

1) Franc CFA is a result of colonialism, it is not like we sat down somewhere with ivoirians and decided to adopt it as our national currency, furthermore Cameroon was wrongly added to that colonial chain as we were not a French colony, when the French and brits took over we already add our own currency(tho German imposed/influenced)

2)anglophone Cameroon whatever that means was part of german Kamerun, we had already been one prior the French and brits arrival, our ties def have nothing to do with English or French the so called Anglophone(northwest and southwest regions) are mostly sawa and their sawa brothers in the littoral region are mostly francophone as you can see no wonder they chose to join their sawa brothers instead of the igbos who according to them were marginalizing them
3) FOOTBALL, OUR RIVALRY is with Nigeria anyone saying the contrary is either very young or simply don't watch and don't know football, how many games or even finals have we play against ivory coast? we ain't rivals they are beneath us in term of football and we def don't consider them as rivals
4) Music erm you should b more precise we probably know some ivoria artists 2 actually yorobo, magic system still that does not mean their music is part of our mainstream culture in fact if I must compare foreign African music/artists penetration in Cameroon I will probably say Nigeria takes the upper hand, then again it is not like wherever you go you will hear ivo or Nigerian music ..most kmer are fond of their local music
5) comedies erm
6)universities ? as in ?

------------------------------------ how we tend to hang more with west Af you say, well we are probably the most travelled central Africans as in having the biggest diaspora probably behind DRC only, my point is the chances for us to meet other central Africans abroad are very small it is not everyday you meet a Gabonese .Chadian etc students so us hanging more with west Af is because of that not because there is a specific connection ..btw since you mentioned Moncton, you probably know damn well that west af are the majority there ..the only central Africans are Congolese and Cameroonian so it should not surprise you that we hang out with you..i am not saying we don't like you people but your example is very misleading ..btw we are very friendly people cool

Nigeria is the only viable west Af economy and its our biggest African partner no need for others as they are useless and will only bring us back to square one dealing with the others is like dealing with france minions + ghan sinking economy we are already trying to get rid of france others should do so first and I am afraid it is far from being the case , in few words you have nothing to offer s
I don't even ant to mention the backstabbing attitude.of course as a muslim you won't support gbagbo . I don't feel necessary to discuss about that so feel free to draw your own conclusions but as far as we are concerned Gbagbo is still the Ivoirian president and wattara a French prefect.
whenever you think about CAR think about niger, mali,sierr leone,mali,burkina Mauritania,gambia etc grin grin

since you believe in forming a Fulani nation I think you should focus on merging senegal and gambia first

Utter crap, you can show your luv for Cameroon and Nigeria without talking down on other west african countries. Because regardless of what Ghana is going through Ghana will bounce. Even at that it is not just Nigeria that matters in west Africa. Because Ghana is definitely above Cameroon in almost every development from human resource, education, economy, per capital and Ivory Coast and Senegal are right there. So don't confuse and start talking reckless.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:13am On Sep 06, 2014
@CAMNEWTON4PRES well there is no reason to argue about certain things like music or football because they are a matter of personal views. But knowing how Cameroonians like Eto'o, Song and Ivorians like Drogba and Yaya Toure make the important part of African players in Europe, I really doubt the rivalry is somewhere else. But like you said I am young, so I certainly "do not know". I humbly accept your position. smiley

If you read my previous comments you'd realize that I clearly pointed out to Fulaman that we can have a Fulbe "nation" without a clear territory of our own, and a stronger ECOWAS could be our area that we will obviously share with our brothers. That's when I mentioned Cameroon and you guys took the conversation to whole another level. That too, let's leave aside in order to avoid spoiling this tread .

But I'd like to rectify a few errors on your part. Just because Ghana is having economic problems does not mean it is sinking. Their economy is of 103 billions with a currency that THEY, the Ghanaian people control. That of Cameroon according to estimates of the same year (2013) is of 53.162 billions USD with CFA piloted from Paris. Cote d'ivoire's GDP is 35.8 billion USD and that is an estimate of 2009 by now they are probably close or have surpassed Cameroon. Senegal is coming along. Guinea which has been trailing is also picking itself up. So you can't label as useless, economies . Let's even leave Nigeria out of the equation. If Nigerians achieve stability and good governance, nobody in Africa will even come close to them. With all this Boko Haram, political rivalry, they still make it to number one place and even Nigerians believe they can do far better. You might say you do not care about these "useless" countries but your leaders sure think otherwise. wink

Finally, Gbagbo, I mean why would you even bring religion into this hein? Did Henri Konan Bedie of the Baoule (Akan group) support him? Henri ain't no Muslim name I ever heard of, and as far as I know, Akan are vastly Christians. The war in Cote d'Ivoire has deep ties to economics and land. But I see you simplifying everything and basing it on religion. Gbagbo would not have survived had Guinea went against him. The man had rebels from Burkina , Mali and Liberia. He didn't receive trouble from Guinea. So labeling all West Africans as snakes is quite a stretch. Gbagbo simply made too many enemies that wanted his skin including his own people. And he was not the anti colonialist that people claim he was. He just wanted to hang on to power with the blessing of France while there were other forces in his country that had gathered more strength and momentum due to his Ivoirite policies.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:36am On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah: @CAMNEWTON4PRES well there is no reason to argue about certain things like music or football because they are a matter of personal views. But knowing how Cameroonians like Eto'o, Song and Ivorians like Drogba and Yaya Toure make the important part of African players in Europe, I really doubt the rivalry is somewhere else. But like you said I am young, so I certainly "do not know". I humbly accept your position. smiley

If you read my previous comments you'd realize that I clearly pointed out to Fulaman that we can have a Fulbe "nation" without a clear territory of our own, and a stronger ECOWAS could be our area that we will obviously share with our brothers. That's when I mentioned Cameroon and you guys took the conversation to whole another level. That too, let's leave aside in order to avoid spoiling this tread .

But I'd like to rectify a few errors on your part. Just because Ghana is having economic problems does not mean it is sinking. Their economy is of 103 billions with a currency that THEY, the Ghanaian people control. That of Cameroon according to estimates of the same year (2013) is of 53.162 billions USD with CFA piloted from Paris. Cote d'ivoire's GDP is 35.8 billion USD and that is an estimate of 2009 by now they are probably close or have surpassed Cameroon. Senegal is coming along. Guinea which has been trailing is also picking itself up. So you can't label as useless, economies . Let's even leave Nigeria out of the equation. If Nigerians achieve stability and good governance, nobody in Africa will even come close to them. With all this Boko Haram, political rivalry, they still make it to number one place and even Nigerians believe they can do far better. You might say you do not care about these "useless" countries but your leaders sure think otherwise. wink

Finally, Gbagbo, I mean why would you even bring religion into this hein? Did Henri Konan Bedie of the Baoule (Akan group) support him? Henri ain't no Muslim name I ever heard of, and as far as I know, Akan are vastly Christians. The war in Cote d'Ivoire has deep ties to economics and land. But I see you simplifying everything and basing it on religion. Gbagbo would not have survived had Guinea went against him. The man had rebels from Burkina , Mali and Liberia. He didn't receive trouble from Guinea. So labeling all West Africans as snakes is quite a stretch. Gbagbo simply made too many enemies that wanted his skin including his own people. And he was not the anti colonialist that people claim he was. He just wanted to hang on to power with the blessing of France while there were other forces in his country that had gathered more strength and momentum due to his Ivoirite policies.

You are probably not as young as camnewton4pres despite what he says lol. Anyways, nicely said.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 06, 2014
He is right about the Football rivalry though.
Cameroon's rivalry is with Nigeria.
While Nigeria's is with both Ghana and Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo: He is right about the Football rivalry though.

Yep that's correct.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
Why would you assume that Ivory coast surpassed us Lmaoo grin grin or you believe we ain't progressing too ?

@ jiggaman.I don't have your time today , Ghana has a sinking economy and you have nothing to offer to us + your currency is weak and useless so shift front

Exactly we played like 2 or 3 games against ivorian and they are shouting rivalry
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by JiggamanGh: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Why would you assume that Ivory coast surpassed us Lmaoo grin grin or you believe we ain't progressing too ?

@ jiggaman.I don't have your time today , Ghana has a sinking economy and you have nothing to offer to us + your currency is weak and useless so shift front

Exactly we played like 2 or 3 games against ivorian and they are shouting rivalry

But what does Cameroon have to offer Ghana. Not a single thing we are over you in every single category. I can bet money you will not find one thing Cameroon is better than Ghana in. Trust me the average Ghanaian don't even know Cameroon exist. We have our noisy brothers nigeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal to work with. Cameroon has nothing to offer Ghana. Our GDP is two times yours, our education sector is better, entertainment better, human resources.

Ps Cameroon is living off past glory they can't be compared to Ivory Coast right now.

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by JiggamanGh: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo: He is right about the Football rivalry though.

In football Nigeria only rival is Cameroon. Ghana and Nigeria are not rivalry, it is more ecowas rivalry and football is just mix into it. You can't call us rival when we have beaten way more than you have beaten us.

Ghana has no rival. Ghana rival at this moment is all the way in America.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
JiggamanGh:

In football Nigeria only rival is Cameroon. Ghana and Nigeria are not rivalry, it is more ecowas rivalry and football is just mix into it. You can't call us rival when we have beaten way more than you have beaten us.

Ghana has no rival. Ghana rival at this moment is all the way in America.

How can Ghana's rival be all the way in the US, when US isn;t in Africa.....
Nigeria and Ghana meet all the time. Qualifiers, Friendlies, AFCON, bla bla .... Ghana and US, if chances provide the avenue, meet in errrr....... the world cup every 4 years. and even that is uncertain

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Why would you assume that Ivory coast surpassed us Lmaoo grin grin or you believe we ain't progressing too ?
I'd be glad to have the GDP of Cote d'Ivoire for 2013 instead of 2009 as I posted. By the way, the African Development Bank just transferred their seat over to Abidjan from Tunis.
As of today, Ghana Cedi to Dollars=0.27 while CFA BEAC to dollars =0.002.
Like I said, when the time comes, the decision will be easy for your leaders. We'll welcome your beautiful country in our union. smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Musi6e Jul6e, hino Yimre Ceerno6e Futa Jallon. Janngen faamen di Yimre, hidi wondi e nafa.
http://lesecritsislamiquesdufouta./

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah:
I'd be glad to have the GDP of Cote d'Ivoire for 2013 instead of 2009 as I posted. By the way, the African Development Bank just transferred their seat over to Abidjan from Tunis.
As of today, Ghana Cedi to Dollars=0.27 while CFA BEAC to dollars =0.002.
Like I said, when the time comes, the decision will be easy for your leaders. We'll welcome your beautiful country in our union. smiley

Maybe you didn't understand we already have the big fish so we ain't interested with the shrimps
We would rather deal with our Bantu brothers in.east and south Africa
They are better off
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yauwa!! This thread has officially been derailed angry

Can we not discuss politics. Remember it should be a thread about the Fulbe.

OmarBah e Bororojo, let's bring the topic back to where it was originally.

Bororojo, do you know Abba Djaouro. He is Vute, but sings in Fulfulde. I really like this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4t7PZ5mqg
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Fulaman198: Yauwa!! This thread has officially been derailed angry

Can we not discuss politics. Remember it should be a thread about the Fulbe.

OmarBah e Bororojo, let's bring the topic back to where it was originally.

Bororojo, do you know Abba Djaouro. He is Vute, but sings in Fulfulde. I really like this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4t7PZ5mqg
Amen
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
sure Fulaman, have you followed the link I posted? It has Islamic Poetry from 18 and 19 century Futa Jallon
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah: sure Fulaman, have you followed the link I posted? It has Islamic Poetry from 18 and 19 century Futa Jallon

Yes bro, I am currently reading it. I'm very impressed so far.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Omarbah: sure Fulaman, have you followed the link I posted? It has Islamic Poetry from 18 and 19 century Futa Jallon

I have heard it numerous times.... it is beautiful. Some words are unfamiliar though
Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by JiggamanGh: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bororojo:

How can Ghana's rival be all the way in the US, when US isn;t in Africa.....
Nigeria and Ghana meet all the time. Qualifiers, Friendlies, AFCON, bla bla .... Ghana and US, if chances provide the avenue, meet in errrr....... the world cup every 4 years. and even that is uncertain

What I mean is Ghana and Nigeria rivalry goes beyond football. For god sakes we even argue and rival each other over jollof rice. It doesn't matter what it is put Ghana and Nigeria in the same sentence and you will mostly get arguments from it. That's what I meant.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.