Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 (19554 Views)

Miss Universe 1964 Bikini Photo And Compare Them To Today's Photos / Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 / Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 1964 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Isiterere(m): 5:43am On Jul 27, 2014
disloman: Partner-in-crime.Ur gbagaun too na legendary.
village English teacher, it's actually 'doff' and not 'dove'
To doff your hat is when (usually) a man takes off his hat briefly as a sign of respect, for example to a woman.
No 1 is perfect
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by chinex276(m): 5:44am On Jul 27, 2014
Dsimple: SEE WHAT CHRISTAINITY AND MORDERNISATION HAS TURN D WORLD INTO? LEGALISING PROSTITUTION CALLING IT BEAUTY CONTEST.

WHAT IS D GAIN?
REMEMBER U WILL GIVE ACCOUNT OF ALL THINGS ALLAH GIVES U INCLUDING UR BODY AND UR WEALTH.
REPENT AND EMBRACE ISLAM.
PLS DONT JUDGE ISLAM WITH WHAT A MUSLIM DO OR MUSLIM COMMUNITY DOES, RATHER FOLLOW D QURAN AND HADITH. IN WHICH THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION WITHIN OR BTW THEM.
SALAM...... ALLAH LOVES D REPANCE
attention seeking alert..
Btw, i no go fight with u, since 2day na salah, give me ur address make i come chop meat jarre!
Afta salah we go tok
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by severee(m): 5:47am On Jul 27, 2014
jayseehe: I have seen this before... it has been on front page before...

what kind of footwear did Miss Holland wear

grin them call am akpola ur mama no rock that shoe when you small?
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by hayoakins(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Wow...nice outfit.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Isiterere(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: i dove doff hat for this your gbagaun.. Happy sunday and happy sallah in advance grin
To doff your hat is when (usually) a man takes off his hat briefly as a sign of respect, for example to a woman.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by visasubagent: 6:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Things do change you know
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by NaLaugh: 6:29am On Jul 27, 2014

Traditional. Same reason others would probably ask why miss Nigeria is wrapped in bedsheets.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by mu2sa2: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2014
chinex276:
attention seeking alert..
Btw, i no go fight with u, since 2day na salah, give me ur address make i come chop meat jarre!
Afta salah we go tok
Happy sallah, bros. Even after sallah, let love reign.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by lordthunderbolt(m): 6:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Where my beer....i Don take my spot angry
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Franchise21(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2014
CuteCynthia: Oh my gosh, they are so pretty! Especially the one from Israel smiley
Israel n Nigeria reps so pretty

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by SkinnyDude(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: or probably be six feet under the earth by now.... Notice, she is a very pretty yoruba lady cheesy
i dont think so. i didnt see any tribal marks or yam legs there.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by engineerboat(m): 7:32am On Jul 27, 2014
kobonaire: Please oh, those ladies do look beautiful but they also appear like they are going for a deeper life revival.

What is your problem with that,

Primary school boy
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Phonon: 7:42am On Jul 27, 2014
I have been scrolling to see any comment from a female. They seem to be on vacation. grin
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Suarezilla(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: or probably be six feet under the earth by now.... Notice, she is a very pretty yoruba lady cheesy
Yeah mayb shez down there....I don't care where shez frm....all I c is a beautiful nigerian babe tongue.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by 1stola: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2014
"Original" Yoruba girls rocks. Black n Beautiful!
one love.
Barka de Salah!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by zopaks: 8:39am On Jul 27, 2014
interesting
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2014

Traditional footwear
Made from wood

Called clogs
Cheers
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Dsimple: SEE WHAT CHRISTAINITY AND MORDERNISATION HAS TURN D WORLD INTO? LEGALISING PROSTITUTION CALLING IT BEAUTY CONTEST.

WHAT IS D GAIN?
REMEMBER U WILL GIVE ACCOUNT OF ALL THINGS ALLAH GIVES U INCLUDING UR BODY AND UR WEALTH.
PLS DONT JUDGE ISLAM WITH WHAT A MUSLIM DO OR MUSLIM COMMUNITY DOES, RATHER FOLLOW D QURAN AND HADITH. IN WHICH THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION WITHIN OR BTW THEM.

So long as you do not go on a fanatic frenzy after this rant
We are cool with you

I remember the wahala when some "devout" Muslims acted up cos of a beauty pageant
SMH

I am sure your TV has a remote control
Do the needful when SIN shows on your screen
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2014
NaLaugh:

Traditional. Same reason others would probably ask why miss Nigeria is wrapped in bedsheets.

Dead @bedsheets
cheesy
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by disloman(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2014
Isiterere:
village English teacher, it's actually 'doff' and not 'dove'
No 1 is perfect
ALL IZZ WELL
Y una like to take paracetamol. 4 someone's headache.I didn't correct him.just highlighted his mistake.keep. Calm Mr lecturer.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Funny enough they pay to watch them even fancy them, its just dat the world is moving fast now, i wonder if i should day we are progressing or retrogressing.
We are progressing in terms of technology & development but retrogressing in terms of lifestyle.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Image123(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Notice how the Israel lady set the pace for indecent dressing, with the only armless and shortest dress. The irony.
The same way so called christains set the pace in indecent dressing and behavior in the name of grace and new testament, far ahead other religions.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Uchwilliam(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2014
Pls i dont believe in dis slogan/belief that beautiful ones are nt yet born.the level of beauty i hv seen today i hv seen in d past.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by francis247(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: i dove hat for this your gbagaun.. Happy sunday and happy sallah in advance grin
Ur own sef com wicked pass wickedness. At least the other op can argue that that was typographical error. Were you seat mate to PEJ back in school?
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Jovie: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2014
interesting.... miss nigeria even sported our naija style headtie of those days...representing smiley
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by tayolove12(m): 11:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Huh

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Smartsyn(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Come 50years from now, we'll look at today's Miss Universe contestants and they'll look very awkward to us, because by then,they may be stark neeked to contest...

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
CuteCynthia: Oh my gosh, they are so pretty! Especially the one from Israel smiley
Give me the dress of that Isreali Lady and I'll wear it today! Just a touch here and there. It's a timeless piece. Pointy toed shoes kiss cheesy still rocking the fashion world today. Timeless!!!!

I noticed that none of them look anorexic, unlike what we see among the contestants of today's pageants.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Bigsteveg(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
We are progressing in terms of technology & development but retrogressing in terms of lifestyle.

I agree.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Bigsteveg(m): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2014

What does being six feet under has to do with a very pretty yoruba lady. If person no wan talk, people like u will force sum1.
Its Sunday and i refuse to succumb to temptation in Jesus Name.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Bigsteveg(m): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

I agree..
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Bigsteveg(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
See where ur @ss brain now fall ur head. U said "dont judge muslims by what the do but what is in the Quaran" so y u cum dey comment on what people are doing. Are they d one that created u. U said dont look @ people when it cums to islam but when ure talkin christianity, u can talk abt people.

Eediot like u, u dont need to spoil people's fun u know, hypocrite. People like u still go to brothel go Bleep ashawo, u cum dey preach for us.

Go tell dat to ur brothers in th north. Killing themselves, and Osama Laden followers.

HYPOCRITE

WHAT IS D GAIN?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities And Their Most Cherished Fashion Items / Latest Ankara Blouse And Wrapper Style -vol 2 / White Express Egg Yolk 5days Lighten Lotion & Serum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.