Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 (19499 Views)

Miss Universe 1964 Bikini Photo And Compare Them To Today's Photos / Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 / Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 1964 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Bigsteveg(m): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2014
50 years ago. Before many of us were born. How things have changed. They were still beautiful back then though...

NOTE THE DRESS...I WONDER WHERE THE MINI, ARMLESS CAME FROM.

24 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by ITbomb(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2014
That before Ben Murray something graduated from school.

Seriously no one now would pay to watch that

10 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Bigsteveg(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2014
ITbomb: That before Ben Murray something graduated from school.

Seriously no one now would pay to watch that

Funny enough they pay to watch them even fancy them, its just dat the world is moving fast now, i wonder if i should day we are progressing or retrogressing.

8 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by CuteCynthia(f): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2014
Oh my gosh, they are so pretty! Especially the one from Israel smiley

18 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by jayseehe(m): 5:10am On Jul 27, 2014
I have seen this before... it has been on front page before...

what kind of footwear did Miss Holland wear

9 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Suarezilla(m): 5:12am On Jul 27, 2014
That babe is so fine...she wud b a grandmother by now!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by iterator25: 5:12am On Jul 27, 2014
when Nigeria used to be amongst the top 20 economies

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Adeniyi077(m): 5:12am On Jul 27, 2014
Beautiful and decent!

Let us stop being white wannabe. Only then are we going to discover the beautiful work of creation within us.

God bless the blacks!!

14 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by jnrbayano(m): 5:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Their beauty is skin deep.

They know that to be beautiful is to cover up and not to open up like we see today.

Then, the word "beautiful" was used. Today words like "hot", "sexy", "volumptuousness" etc hold sway.

8 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by shadowwalker101: 5:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Hmm memorable
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by kobonaire(m): 5:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Bigsteveg: 50 years ago. Before many of us were born. How things have changed. They were still beautiful back then though...
NOTE THE DRESS...I WONDER WHERE THE MINI, ARMLESS CAME FROM.
Please oh, those ladies do look beautiful but they also appear like they are going for a deeper life revival.

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by jayseehe(m): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2014
when ladies use to dress decently
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 27, 2014
That's when everything was really working well for Nigeria as a african giant, as the Nation that other african countries look up to...

Yeah that's when every Nigeria is so proud to represent the green white green flag.

Today we have lost it as a nation, everything is growing from bad to worst. Very unfortunate

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by lekropasky(m): 5:16am On Jul 27, 2014
Wow....these ar real beauties. Cnt believe wat ma eyes are seeing...1964!!!

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by zicoraads: 5:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Those Miss Holland shoes mehn...grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Suarezilla: That babe is so fine...she wud b a grandmother by now!
or probably be six feet under the earth by now.... Notice, she is a very pretty yoruba lady cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by amiskurie(m): 5:19am On Jul 27, 2014
Na the Israelite gown short pass,I guess she was the holiest
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by easyflow: 5:20am On Jul 27, 2014
Wetin concern us undecided
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Motolank: 5:20am On Jul 27, 2014
Take a cussory look at the Nigerian woman? She is the most beurifull

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Jayloy: 5:20am On Jul 27, 2014
Lepa was not reigning then but now if you are not slim you can't smell it.
#teamlepa
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by teniola55(m): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Dnt knw what to say..."maybe i should just cry"
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 27, 2014
The brits are normally not very good looking people but this lady representing england is quit pretty.. Maybe she is a mix-breed
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Isiterere(m): 5:25am On Jul 27, 2014
change is the only constant thing in life
But I still prefer this to the current shameless show of shame all in the name of beauty pageant.

We're retrogressing in this aspect .
ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 27, 2014
Motolank: Take a cussory look at the Nigerian woman? She is the most beurifull
i dove hat for this your gbagaun.. Happy sunday and happy sallah in advance grin
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by disloman(m): 5:29am On Jul 27, 2014
Those ladies look sexy n cute.
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Dsimple: 5:31am On Jul 27, 2014
SEE WHAT CHRISTAINITY AND MORDERNISATION HAS TURN D WORLD INTO? LEGALISING PROSTITUTION CALLING IT BEAUTY CONTEST.

WHAT IS D GAIN?
REMEMBER U WILL GIVE ACCOUNT OF ALL THINGS ALLAH GIVES U INCLUDING UR BODY AND UR WEALTH.
REPENT AND EMBRACE ISLAM.
PLS DONT JUDGE ISLAM WITH WHAT A MUSLIM DO OR MUSLIM COMMUNITY DOES, RATHER FOLLOW D QURAN AND HADITH. IN WHICH THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION WITHIN OR BTW THEM.
SALAM...... ALLAH LOVES D REPANCE

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by disloman(m): 5:32am On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: i DOVE hat for this your gbagaun.. Happy sunday and happy sallah in advance grin
Partner-in-crime.Ur gbagaun too na legendary.

15 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Motolank: 5:35am On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: i dove hat for this your gbagaun.. Happy sunday and happy sallah in advance grin

New words av to b developed...pls DO NOT envy.

Go to church?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by Motolank: 5:38am On Jul 27, 2014
disloman: Partner-in-crime.Ur gbagaun too na legendary.

When he was trying to BAT at my newly developed word grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by disloman(m): 5:39am On Jul 27, 2014
Dsimple: SEE WHAT CHRISTAINITY AND MORDERNISATION HAS TURN D WORLD INTO? LEGALISING PROSTITUTION CALLING IT BEAUTY CONTEST.

WHAT IS D GAIN?
REMEMBER U WILL GIVE ACCOUNT OF ALL THINGS ALLAH GIVES U INCLUDING UR BODY AND UR WEALTH.
REPENT AND EMBRACE ISLAM.
PLS DONT JUDGE ISLAM WITH WHAT A MUSLIM OR MUSLIM COMMUNITY DOES, RATHER FOLLOW D QURAN AND HADITH. IN WHICH THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION WITHIN OR BTW THEM.
SALAM......
Would av agreed with what u said 100% but u mentioning Christianity,U lost it.Christianity doesn't legalised prostitution.Get that into ur skull.This. Is even better than allahua albaru n Booooooommmm.

6 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by datguru: 5:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Ancient
Re: Photo Of The Day: Nigeria At The Miss Universe Contest In 1964 by chinex276(m): 5:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Waoo beautiful., dat was wen our women were still believing d saying "BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL"
Bt 2day it is a curse if ur a woman nd ur skin is still BLACK.
Smh 4 our ladies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Male Leggings With Photos (would You Rock It?) / White Express Egg Yolk 5days Lighten Lotion & Serum / Will "Bio Oil" Give Me A Perfect And Even Skin Tone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.