Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive (19290 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2008
A-40:

On what basis can Canibus be compared to DMX?Canibus that had his rap career ended by LL Cool J despite the fact that he had turned Pop/R&B singer at that time please don't mention that joke and DMX in the same sentence.

Canibus would murder 2pac, Jay-Z, Nas and DMX waxed together. . . . Are u kidding me??
Em would barely last the distance with Canibus because Em himself has always been an MC battler. . . . .
Don't u ever mention Canibus and LLCool J/DMX in one sentence.
2nd round K.O. is still the best diss of all time. . . . .Forget "Hit 'Em Up". . . .It was overrated because the 2 giants died shortly after.

Name one line of Tupac that DMX bit? Don't speculate deal with facts the only biter here was Ja Rule who copied DMX's and 2Pac's style by cutting his hair bald,wearing bandana's and putting tattoo's on his belly

DMX and Ja Rule were the same thing. . . . .No difference. Both were Def Jam pitbulls who envisaged shouting on the mic would make em Pacs.
As soon as Eminem wrestled the mic away from Def Jam to Aftermath in 99/2000, their music career went phbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt!!!!
U gast to be original in the rap industry. . . . .This is why Eminem is different and unique. Jigga/Nas also bit lines from BIGGIE.

He claims to be hard on most of his tracks sha and thats enough for me.
Where did he claim to be hard?? Mention those tracks where Eminem posed with guns or flying the flags of crips or bloods.

Syntax Error!! Fifty Cent is not a gangster? what kind of gangster goes to the police to get restraining orders? didn't you hear about the Blackchild incident?
Fiddy is a snitch he rolls with the Po-Po,Pac never did that
Whether he became a gangster after becoming a celebrity is open for debate i dare 50 to go to L.A and go beat up a gang-banger?

Fiddy is more gangster than 2pac. . . . . .The police restraining order gist were lies!!!!
Blackchild made those up when Po-Po got wind of what he planned to do with Fiddy. . . .How can Fiddy be a snitch??
A snitch?? Do u really think Blackchild(that wimp) would beat Fiddy in a boxing ring?? U make me laugh, dawg!!!

EM has not dropped anything worthy of note since 2002 what kind of consistency is that?
Jigga and Nas are better then EM we could argue this from now till Armaggedon

He was considering retirement after Encore. . . . .How many studio albums has he released after The Eminem Show in 2002?? Just one.
How does make him inconsistent? 3 undeniable classics in 4 studio releases is by far consistent.
Jigga has got prolly 4 classics in 12 albums. nas has 3 in 8. . . . . . .Is that what u call consistency??

@ Bgees,

I cannot believe u said that. . . . . .How could Nas have written Foxy's verse?
Did Nas write for Cormega and AZ too?? grin cheesy grin
Foxxy shitted on that track and blessed it with her commercial mathematical skillz. . . . .
She made Nas and other cats sounded like puppies. . . .

"Thirty-two grams raw, chop it in half, get sixteen, double it times three.
We got forty-eight, which mean a whole lot of cream,
Divide the profit by four, subtract it by eight We back to sixteen, "

Foxxy was THE FIRM, others were just struggling in em dayz.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaydee(m): 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2008
@ Sauron

It's obvious U love people with criminal mind hence your usernames but Eminem is a bad choice because he says a whole lot of sh*t he won't do.

We've heard you now! Eminem is the best rapper in White America or anywhere U want him to rule.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2008
kaydee:

@ Sauron
It's obvious U love people with criminal mind hence your usernames but Eminem is a bad choice because he says a whole lot of sh*t he won't do.

I am a villain. cool

We've heard you now! Eminem is the best rapper in White America or anywhere U want him to rule.

U already know!!!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by ritchboy(m): 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2008
What an irony. . . . . .Eminem is more consistent than Jigga and Nas. . . .
He has got 3 undeniable classics in 4 albums(with Encore falling short negligibly of being a classic).

what a joke!

even a kid selling pepper knows JAY-Z is BY FAR the most consistent rapper. . . no one else even comes close!(8 albums in eight years{including 4 classics} btw 96 and 2003 speaks volumes)

eminem has only ONE classic album(MMLP). if the SSLP and the Eminem Show are classics,then ALL JAY-Z ALBUMS ARE CLASSICS!

even jadakiss has more classic albums than eminem( kiss the game goodbye/kiss of death). cool
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2008
~Sauron~:

Canibus would murder 2pac, Jay-Z, Nas and DMX waxed together. . . . Are u kidding me??
Em would barely last the distance with Canibus because Em himself has always been an MC battler. . . . .
2nd round K.O. is still the best diss of all time. . . . .Forget "Hit 'Em Up". . . .It was overrated because the 2 giants died shortly after.
{/quote]
Dude quit this Canibus crap that dude was a freaking failure comparing him to legends like 2pac,X,Jigga and Nas says a lot of what you know about rap.Canibus ko Canicab ni?
2nd round K.O the best diss of all time? i laugh in Nicaraguan how many good albums has he put out in his shor ass career?

~Sauron~ link=topic=182997.msg3028067#msg3028067 date=1225640907:

Where did he claim to be hard?? Mention those tracks where Eminem posed with guns or flying the flags of crips or bloods.
Toy-soldiers,Patiently waiting,Gatman and Robin,Criminal,You don't want to f, k with Shady!! please tell me when to stop besides was Pac a crip or blood? nope but he had heart

~Sauron~:

DMX and Ja Rule were the same thing. . . . .No difference. Both were Def Jam pitbulls who envisaged shouting on the mic would make em Pacs.
As soon as Eminem wrestled the mic away from Def Jam to Aftermath in 99/2000, their music career went phbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt!!!!
DMX was original the first to come out with his all out hard-core style,Ja-Rule was a cheap imitation of DMX and FYI DMX has been rapping since the early 90's
EM did not wrestle jack from Def-Jam 99-2000 was the year of Def Jam Jay-Z,DMX,Ja-Rule,Redman,Method-Man that line-up was scary  

~Sauron~:

Fiddy is more gangster than 2pac. . . . . .The police restraining order gist were lies!!!!
Blackchild made those up when Po-Po got wind of what he planned to do with Fiddy. . . .How can Fiddy be a snitch??
A snitch?? Do u really think Blackchild(that wimp) would beat Fiddy in a boxing ring?? U make me laugh, dawg!!
Please tell me one gangster thing Fiddy has done in his life besides getting shot a few times? the guy is a bitch go listen to Checkmate where Jada-kiss roasted him

Never the King of New York, you live in Connecticut

You ain't get shot again yet, so what's your second album about? (Nothin'!)

You had to get shot 9 times to be rich

Fiddy's ass got stabbed by Black-child do you think he ran to Connecticut for nothing?He is a lame coward that rolls with the po-po can Fiddy stay in the same building with black-child? he would be surrounded by at least 10 police officers don't let those steroid filled muscles fool you that dude cannot harm a fly  grin grin

Even my grandma knows Fiddy is a rat

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2008
@ritchboy
What else is to be said? Jigga puts the C in Consistency

@Sauron
Retiring is not an excuse he probably ran out of lines to spit when Jigga retired he was still spitting lava on guess tracks everywhere but EM is yet to post up anything decent since 2002 how pathetic
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2008
ritchboy:

what a joke!
even a kid selling pepper knows JAY-Z is BY FAR the most consistent rapper. . . no one else even comes close!(8 albums in eight years{including 4 classics} between 96 and 2003 speaks volumes)

Consistency in dropping albums is a big difference to consistency in dropping CLASSICS.
Reasonable Doubt, Volume I(In My Lifetime), Volume II(Hard Knock Life) and Blueprint are the 4 Undeniable classics of Jigga.
U can check THE SOURCE, XXL, MTV and ROLLING STONE reviews for confirmation.

eminem has only ONE classic album(MMLP). if the SSLP and the Eminem Show are classics,then ALL JAY-Z ALBUMS ARE CLASSICS!

Eminem has 3 undeniable classics. U can check the sources above for confirmation as well.
We are talking of 5-mic albums here not 3.5. Jigga's Blueprint2, Kingdom Come, American Gangstar, Volume 3 and Dynasty were douchebags.

even jadakiss has more classic albums than eminem( kiss the game goodbye/kiss of death). cool

Jadakiss?? Why not put Ruggedman and Eedris.

@ A-40,

I would let others see your comments on Canibus. . . . .His lyrical prowess speaks for itself.
No need to argue.

Moving on. . . . . . . Def Jam owned 98 just like Bad Boy dominated 97 and Deathrow claimed 96.
By 1999, Slimshady and Dr Dre 2001(Aftermath) busted SoundScan thus leaving DMX with And Then There Was X(a failure by all means).
DMX was their brightest talent then but once Slimshady started selling records, people got bored of the canine-charged X.

A diss is not necessarily true. I dunno why Naija peops atend to believe disses.
Do u also believe 2pac slept with Faith Evans or Biggie slept on Pac's couch like he claimed??
It was all business. Say anything to sell records. . . . .
If i say A-40 is a gay on record, does that make u one??
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by point45(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2008
@sauron
do you like fredro star? cos he said to ask you this "if eminem was black, would he have sold 5mil or be one outta 5million rappers with no deal?"
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2008
point45:

@sauron
do you like fredro star? because he said to ask you this "if eminem was black, would he have sold 5mil or be one out of 5million rappers with no deal?"
Question of the week!!!

@Sauron
He was a lyrical flash in the pan abeg this guy did not make it major i heard a little of him back in the day but he never did cut it did he?

Def Jam ran rap throughout the late 90's and early 2000's they had the most acts that made the most commercial success
Another Syntax Error!! How can anyone in their right minds say And then there was X was a failure?
That album musta sold at least 6 million copies!! if not more if that is failure then i don't know what success is

Even The Great Depression was still a success it was after that album that X lost the plot just like EM did after Eminem Show although some would argue he even lost it after MMLP

~Sauron~:

A diss is not necessarily true. I don't know why Naija peops atend to believe disses.
Do u also believe 2pac slept with Faith Evans or Biggie slept on Pac's couch like he claimed??
It was all business. Say anything to sell records. . . . .
If i say A-40 is a gay on record, does that make u one??
Some are and some are not e.g Jigga claimed he had relations with Nas's baby-momma and it turned out to be true so not all diss records are false
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Bamsyle(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2008
Damn!

Went away fo' some time and just returned to read some mo' blasphemies from Sauron! Man, these are the most blasphemous statements I've heard in my entire life. Examples:

A snitch?? Do u really think Blackchild(that wimp) would beat Fiddy in a boxing ring?? U make me laugh, dawg!!

@Kaydee, Bgees, A-40 et al

Where do we start from - to school this guy? Obviously, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's got things really mixed up. I'm not sure he recognizes rappers by their names. Or how can one say Cannibus would murder Pac + Jay + Nas + X ? And he slights the legend DMX, referring to him as a shouting/barking dog? Saying Em killed X's career? Worst of all, he rates Em over Pac. And says Fiddy's more gangster than Pac? shocked shocked shocked

@Sauron

You're really turning this whole Em issue into something else. Said a whole lot of things one doesn't even know where to start from. Let's start with Pac. Pac's gangsterism issue was blown out of proportion. No thanks to peops like you. IMO, Pac was not a gangster but he had a lion's heart. That dude was a fearless soldier. Never scared of nobody. Don't be deceived by Fiddy's chest a la biceps. That dude is a gay. Tell me who he has ever beaten before? How many times has he been to jail? Psshew. . . Studio gangster that doesn't know what time it is.

You've said this jay-walking stuff about Pac on some other threads before. It's boring, say something else. And although he had more legal/police issues than that, I won't even go into that.

See, let's put this issue of "Pac is this, Pac is that" into proper perspective. FYI, Pac's concept of "Thug Life" was just a philosophy of life. He developed the word into a backronym standing for "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fcuks Everybody". He declared that the dictionary definition of a "thug" as being a rogue or criminal was not how he used the term, rather he meant someone who came from an oppressive background, given little or no opportunity but still made a life for himself and is proud of it. Go listen to "Still I Rise" or read the poem "The Rose That Grew From The Concrete" and get a better understanding of Pac's themes or philosophy. You and all the bunch of peops who keep saying Pac faked being a gangster all need to be schooled. He never claimed that. He was just an ordinary guy like you and me. But he was unique - he could be as meek as a lamb this second but wild as a lion the other. The same lamb that spat "Keep Ya Head Up" is the lion that spat "Against All Odds".

Pac rapped about the social ills facing African-Americans, with songs like "The Streetz R Deathrow", "Changes", "Last Wordz, etc." He was a pot pourri of all sorts. Rapped about social inequality, injustice, hope. Was a combination of unbridled aggression, compassion, playfulness (playfulness in e.g "I Get Around"wink. He's the most rounded and developed rapper et artiste in music history. You can mess around with other rappers but quit spewing all these sturvs about Pac. Contrary to what you said about your demi-god Em, Pac is the one you need a deep mind to understand. He's the most mis-understood rapper, nay, musician in the history of the world.

And then X. To start with, stop insulting DMX by comparing him with that gay JaRule. You dare compare Em with a dude with classic albums like "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot", "Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood" "And Then There Was X"? shocked shocked His album "Grand Champ" became his fifth straight album to debut at #1 and earned him the title of the only artist in history to have 5 albums (and his entire album catalog) debut at #1. What about the singles  "Lord Give Me A Sign" and "We In Here? If not for the criminal charges and multiple arrests that have marred his music career, these new kids on the block wouldn't have any spot in the rap industry. Pac did "Makavelli" in 7 days . . . from a prison . . . and yet it topped the charts. Let's wait for Em to do that.

How quick you forget. . .

And then you go on and on like onion cheesy about Nas. Even Eminem, 50 Cent, The Game, Jermaine Dupri, and Jay-Z and Kanye West have all admitted being influenced by this dude's work. His lyrics have fetched him respect from icons like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane. They have him on their list of "Greatest MCs of All Time". Also, whilst Nas is #5 on MTV's list of The Greatest MCs of All Time, Em is #9. Does that tell you sumn?

What lines did Nas bite from Biggie? Provide quotes/sources please.

FYI, Hit 'Em Up may not be the best diss track ever but it ain't over-rated either. And 2nd Round K.O ain't the best diss track of all time. Ask any real hip-hop head out there and they'll tell you it ain't even close to Nas' "Ether".

Your god, Em, is good - agreed. But quit comparing him with Nas, DMX, Pac. Pac? Dude, tell me that was an error on your part. Em thrives more on controversies than anything else. Strip him of that and he ain't all that. Even in death, Pac outnumbers him in sales. In Em's Encore album, "Just Lose It" became notable for being disrespectful towards Michael Jackson. In the video, Eminem parodied Pee Wee Herman, MC Hammer, and Madonna. Stevie Wonder called the video "kicking a man while he's down" and "bullshit". "Mosh" was anti-Bush. Bush later won the election anyway wink The dude's always kicking up dust with everybody. His mom, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears. Talk about being a gangster!

Em would beg you to stop these weird comparisons if he could reach you.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ Bamsyle,

let me address your frail points as soon as i can. . . .

First off, DMX bursted into the scene in 98 with promises. . . . . .He kind of changed the scenery with the way Bad Boy was all about Lex, Cristalz, Rolexes and the glamour life. DMX came with something different but still had the 2pac attitude in it.
Bald, top-off, canine and octane charged with barking and screamings which worked well but after FLESH OF MA FLESH, Nigga went off the boil.
Only an idiot would say "And There Was X" was a classic. . . . . .Did it even get nominated in the grammy's?? If we base every album on billboard charts, Eminem would murder everyone so lets forget billboards and soundscan.

Secondly, Comparing Ether to 2nd Round K.O?? Are u a hip hop fan or a plastic fan??
Ether wasn't great because it contained many personals which didn't score. . . . .The fact that Nas was dissing Jigga does not make ETHER a great diss record.
Too slow, not complex. It was more like story-telling which was rubbish. Jigga helped ETHER to HIT as he could not come up with something better to blow ETHER to bits. The fact that Nas influenced Eminem means shyte. Big Daddy Kane, Rob Base and MC Hammer influenced Biggie, does that make em better? Who am i arguing with FFS? Are u a Philistine??
While Nas was number 5, Em was number 9 and that was frigging 2003. If they do the ranking again, roles would change.
Since then, Nas has dropped something near a classic.
From the same MTV link u got that info, tell me the number of undeniable classics in ratio between Eminem, Jigga, Nas, and DMX. grin grin

Eminem who broke the record of the fastest selling record in the world shouldn't be compared to who? Are u on spliffs??
2pac with more than 12 studio albums have sold just75 million records worldwide. . . .Eminem with 4 albums have sold 70 million records.
Lets do the average and tell me if 2pac even gets near. . . . .
All Eyez On Me. . . .2pac's most successful album took 4 weeks to reach platinum status. . . . .MMLP sold 1.8 million units in it's 1st week.
Talking about record sales would put u in a deep pit and bury your argument. . . .Sales ain't no factor.

Nas BITING Biggie LYRICS. . . . . . .

Biggie
On the road to riches & diamond rings(Real Niggaz lyrics)
Nas
On the road to riches & diamond rings(NIGGER)

Biggie
Lord have mercy Jesus Christ hes just nice he just slice like a jinsu look what i been through(Decisions/Stress remix) featuring MOP and Prince Po.
Nas
Lord have mercy Jesus Christ hes just nice he just slice like a jinsu look what i been through(Last Real Nigga Alive)

Biggie. . .
Biggie smalls the millionaire the mansion(Come On) featuring Sadat X
Nas. . . .
Nas the millionaire the mansion(Can't Forget About u) featuring Chrisette Michele.

Do u need more evidence where Nas bit Biggie with his canine?? grin grin
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by mykali(m): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2008
em is too good. i love em. but sincerely, he aint the best alive . . . . yet.

sauron, u are overrating him.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Bamsyle(m): 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2008
@Sauron

@ Bamsyle,

First off, DMX bursted into the scene in 98 with promises. . . . . .He kind of changed the scenery with the way Bad Boy was all about Lex, Cristalz, Rolexes and the glamour life. DMX came with something different but still had the 2pac attitude in it.
Bald, top-off, canine and octane charged with barking and screamings which worked well but after FLESH OF MA FLESH, Nigga went off the boil.
Only an idiot would say "And There Was X" was a classic. . . . . .Did it even get nominated in the grammy's?? If we base every album on billboard charts, Eminem would murder everyone so lets forget billboards and soundscan.

Now let me clean up the garbage you just vomitted here. . .

DMX released his third album, "And Then There Was X" in 1999. It debuted at number one on the pop charts, his third straight album to do so. "Party Up" was his biggest single, and became his first Top 10 hit on the R&B charts. His lead single off the album, "What's My Name?", and third single "What These Bitches Want" (featuring Sisqo) were also mega hits. This is his best-selling album to date, going six times platinum (sold approximately 698,000 in its first week). Need I mention tracks like "Fame" and "Here We Go Again", "Don't You Ever", "Coming For Ya", "grin-X-L" and "The Professional"? Grammy? Don't even go there. Even an 8-year old baby knows that only pop idols like your god, Eminem get Grammy nominations grin

Secondly, Comparing Ether to 2nd Round K.O?? Are u a hip hop fan or a plastic fan??
Ether wasn't great because it contained many personals which didn't score. . . . .The fact that Nas was dissing Jigga does not make ETHER a great diss record.
Too slow, not complex. It was more like story-telling which was rubbish. Jigga helped ETHER to HIT as he could not come up with something better to blow ETHER to bits. The fact that Nas influenced Eminem means shyte. Big Daddy Kane, Rob Base and MC Hammer influenced Biggie, does that make em better? Who am i arguing with FFS? Are u a Philistine??
While Nas was number 5, Em was number 9 and that was frigging 2003. If they do the ranking again, roles would change.
Since then, Nas has dropped something near a classic.
From the same MTV link u got that information, tell me the number of undeniable classics in ratio between Eminem, Jigga, Nas, and DMX.  

You should have added IMO (in my opinion) to all the blepets you spewed there. Who's talking about the fact that Jigga was getting dissed? We're talking lyrical depth here dawg. Jigga helped Ether to hit? Why didn't LL help 2nd Round K.O. to hit better? Find some more reasonable excuse hombre.

I'm talking about two rappers that are still very active in the rap game (Nas and Em), you're mentioning Big Daddy Kane, Rob Base, MC Hammer influencing Biggie sh*t. When was the last time you heard from these cats? Nas has been around for donkey years and he's still garnering critical acclaim. That's what I'm on. Of course Biggie's career eclipsed those guys' you mentioned. They faded fast. But Nas is still here. A living active legend. I'm sure you're not better than Kanye who asked: "What would it take to be a legend like Nas is"? cheesy

Eminem dropped his best album "The Marshall Mathers LP" in 2000. In 2003, MTV rates Nas as the 5th Greatest MC of All Time. Em comes far behind as No. 9. Does that tell you sumn? What would make the ranking change now? Is it with his freaking Eminem Show or Encore albums?

Eminem who broke the record of the fastest selling record in the world shouldn't be compared to who? Are u on spliffs??
2pac with more than 12 studio albums have sold just75 million records worldwide. . . .Eminem with 4 albums have sold 70 million records.
Lets do the average and tell me if 2pac even gets near. . . . .
All Eyez On Me. . . .2pac's most successful album took 4 weeks to reach platinum status. . . . .MMLP sold 1.8 million units in it's 1st week.
Talking about record sales would put u in a deep pit and bury your argument. . . .Sales ain't no factor.

Fastest-selling album my foot. So that places him on the same level with Pac? Album sales that I mentioned earlier was just an aside point. I can see you're so eager to jump at that that. Slow down. Consider the factors that make an album sell. Pac rapped his heart out. He was real. Em raps controversies. Killing his girlfriend. Abusing his mom. He uses such themes to get freaks like you to buy his albums grin Well, you said it - Sales ain't no factor.

Biggie
Nas

Biggie
Lord have mercy Jesus Christ hes just nice he just slice like a jinsu look what i been through(Decisions/Stress remix) featuring MOP and Prince Po.
Nas
Lord have mercy Jesus Christ hes just nice he just slice like a jinsu look what i been through(Last Real Nigga Alive)

Biggie. . .
Nas. . . .
Nas the millionaire the mansion(Can't Forget About u) featuring Chrisette Michele.

Do u need more evidence where Nas bit Biggie with his canine??  

You call that biting? Shows the level of your knowledge of rap. That was done to drive home a point. It's called sampling. And it was even done on a minor level. It's allowed in rap. Might use it for emphasis or some other point.

Didn't get it? Let me take you to school. Usually in music, when you do a short line, a few notes, a few lines and you don't make a complete copy of another song, this is called Sampling.

It's even good he "bit" from Biggie. Biggie was a genius. Great minds think alike. Who else would Nas "bite"? grin How about Eminem biting beats and sampling?

1. Jacques Loussier, a classical/jazz pianist based in Paris, sued Em for copyright infringement for lifting parts of his song "Pulsion" for "Kill You." Em's "Kill You" used a similar pulsing ascending and descending rhythmic tone and structure with Loussier's "Pulsion". Same tempo, same pulse.

2. An old woman, Harlene Stein sued him over "Guilty Conscience" which featured snippets from a 24-second piece called "Pigs Go Home" that her husband wrote for the score of the 1970 film "Getting Straight. He sampled the classical rock star Aerosmith's chorus and guitar solo (from ''Dream On') in his track "Sing For The Moment".

How about that?

3. Did Em not sample Dido's "Thank You" in his song "Stan"? Imagine that song without the chorus grin Did he not sample Martika's "Toy Soldiers" in his "Just Lose It"?

He samples. Only that he likes to do it smartly, covering up so his yes-men like you wouldn't notice.

And, by the way, I also addressed your fragile points ASAP. It took me 5 minutes to type this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaydee(m): 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ Sauron

LOl!!!!! Nas biting Biggie grin grin grin

U see!!! U just open ur mouth and say sh*ts U know lil or nothing bout.Biggie was the first to bite Nas and Nas was explaining his Biggie wars on that track "Last Real Nigga Alive".U're becoming another Skingo
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ Bamsyle,

Now i know you are a rap illiterate.

How can u equate sampling with biting. . . .
The rubbish list u had on Eminem. . . . .are those people rappers??
Is Dido a rapper? Aerosmith? or what the crap are you talking about??

Nas was biting Biggie's lyrics word for word and all u can tell me is Eminem sampled Aerosmith and Dido(which he featured on Stan??).
Jeeeez, i have lost the appetite to continue this debate.
Eminem(as far as sales) are concerned is the best out there. Forget 2pac who needed 12 albums to burst the 75 milla mark.
Slimshady only needed 4. . . . .If he makes 12 albums before he retires, he would see 250 million album sales.

The same ranking that placed Eminem 9th on the list told us he has 3 undeniable classics in 4 albums.
Nas has 3 undeniable classics in 8 albums. I would let neutrals be the judge of this. . . . .
The man from QB bit Biggie and it's ironic when he was dissing Jigga of biting Biggie's flows. . . .
Stop clutching at straws, up until today. . . . .U have never heard this piece of info and u call urself a rap fan?? Puhleeease, stick to Akpala.

To DMX. . . . .He moved 700,000 units in it's first week and went on to sell 6X platinum(big deal)!!
Eminem's weakest album in sales(Slim Shady LP) went on to sell 9X platinum and made Rolling Stone's top 500 albums of all time.
How can u compare the depth n darkness of his first 2 albums to And Then There Was X?? It was too shallow lyrically.
DMX's best album would always be the 2 albums he released in 1998.
If Dr. Dre and Jim Iovine could risk their necks to sign a white boy, he's definitely got talents.
Afterall, Dre tried his luck with Nas, Foxxy and AZ(The Firm) and flopped. grin grin
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 5:00am On Nov 04, 2008
~Sauron~:

@ Bamsyle,

Does an album have to be nominated for a grammy before it is considered a classic? did Tupac ever win a grammy? how about Biggie i remember Ludacris's Release therapy won a grammy not too long ago does that make it a classic?
If being nominated for a grammy (an award dominated by white folks) is a criteria for being a good rapper then your yeye Canibus should be singing Juju and Rakim should be backing up Haruna Ishola for his next Apala album because they never made it that far

And then there was X was a classic only an idiot would argue otherwise that was prolly DMX's best album

@Bamsyle and the rest
I think what they meant is EM is the highest selling rapper alive and with what he raps about(homophobia,Britney Spears,Christina Aguilera,M.J,Mariah Carey and Moby its not a suprise)
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Bamsyle(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2008
@Sauron
@ Bamsyle,

Now i know you are a rap illiterate.

How can u equate sampling with biting. . . .
The rubbish list u had on Eminem. . . . .are those people rappers??
Is Dido a rapper? Aerosmith? or what the crap are you talking about??
Nas was biting Biggie's lyrics word for word and all u can tell me is Eminem sampled Aerosmith and Dido(which he featured on Stan??)

Dawg, that 'rubbish' list is to show you how crappy your demi-god can be. He can't even use works from fellow rappers. He had to steal from jazz/rock artistes. Just like he prefers to diss George Bush, Michael Jackson, ICP et al cheesy Sampling a tune, chorus, etc is worse than biting lines. We all know a chorus is the most important part of any song. Just imagine "Stan" without that chorus grin Could never have been such a hit. Personally, I prefer biting/sampling from other rappers to sampling beats, choruses, instrumentation. A good rapper would never run out of rap verses. Biting or whatever you call it is just to prove a point, maybe for emphasis or sumn. Doesn't mean the rapper can't spit his own rap verses. It's just like Sauron quoting what George Clinton said ("The Blind Stares of A Million Pairs of Eyes. . ."wink in the intro of 2pac's "Can't See Me"as his signature on NL cheesy

Now, seriously - though your Nas biting ish is unfounded (just gave you a quick reply), let's just assume he did. He did all those sturvs for emphasis. If you were intelligent enough, you'll be able to differentiate between when a rapper bites for want of his own original verses and when he does for emphasis. He was quoting from a rapper greater than he is. It depends on the context in which it's used dawg. So don't get over-excited like a lost traveller who just found a map. Sit your arse down and let's go through the rest of the crap you wrote. . .

Jeeeez, i have lost the appetite to continue this debate.

Oh, so you just lost your appetite? You lost this debate long ago cheesy

Eminem(as far as sales) are concerned is the best out there. Forget 2pac who needed 12 albums to burst the 75 milla mark.
Slimshady only needed 4. . . . .If he makes 12 albums before he retires, he would see 250 million album sales.

Always add IMO to sum sturvs you say. Surely Em would sell 250M since you'll be the one marketing him grin Aside, when did sales become a parameter for rating an artiste's worth? So Em has now become Pac's mate? You're not even ashamed - a dead man's albums have outsold those of a living one. Pac released 5 albums before he died. Apart from "Until The End of Time", a lot of peops have criticized the general presentation of his post-humous albums, saying they lack 2pac's original feel and essence, even production. A lot of 'em are even remixes. And you're comparing him with your living corpse? Don't only listen to albums, read reviews (e.g Amazon.com). If Pac's songs were re-cycled in a hundred years to come, peops would still buy. For how long would Em's post-humous albums last?

The same ranking that placed Eminem 9th on the list told us he has 3 undeniable classics in 4 albums.
Nas has 3 undeniable classics in 8 albums. I would let neutrals be the judge of this. . . . .
The man from QB bit Biggie and it's ironic when he was dissing Jigga of biting Biggie's flows. . . .
Stop clutching at straws, up until today. . . . .U have never heard this piece of info and u call yourself a rap fan?? Puhleeease, stick to Akpala.

3 undeniable classics? Go read all the reviews of those albums anywhere and you'll see this dude thrives on controversies to sell. Cheap popularity. Check Slim Shady LP - in "97 Bonnie and Clyde", he talks about killing his wife. Check MMLP - in "The Real Slim Shady", he insults celebrities (Britney Spears et al). Claims Christina Aguilera performed MouthAction on Fred Durst and Carson Daly. In "Stan", he again plays the role of a fan who kills himself and his pregnant girlfriend. What sort of artiste drops names of celebrities so he can sell records? I'll always maintain that I like Em. He's good but let the truth be told. We all know controversy sells like hot cake. Comparing him to Nas is bad enough. But Pac? That's foolhardy.

"Clutching at straws"? Quit biting my lines dawg. I used that phrase earlier on this thread grin

To DMX. . . . .He moved 700,000 units in it's first week and went on to sell 6X platinum(big deal)!!
Eminem's weakest album in sales(Slim Shady LP) went on to sell 9X platinum and made Rolling Stone's top 500 albums of all time.
How can u compare the depth n darkness of his first 2 albums to And Then There Was X?? It was too shallow lyrically.
DMX's best album would always be the 2 albums he released in 1998.
If Dr. Dre and Jim Iovine could risk their necks to sign a white boy, he's definitely got talents.
Afterall, Dre tried his luck with Nas, Foxxy and AZ(The Firm) and flopped.

Agreed - 'depth n darkness' were lacking in DMX's "And Then There Was X". It was a deviation from the religious and spiritual themes of his 2 previous releases. But dude consciously changed his game. That is interesting to me. Shows his flexibility. Shallow lyrically? Because they were not, erm. . . deep n dark? Do lyrics have to be deep n dark to be good? A track like "Angel" has shallow lyrics? " Check out "Party Up" in which the Grand Champ dissed your demi-god. Check out this excerpt:

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a hoe
You're broke, the kid ain't yours, and everybody know
Your old man say "you stupid", you be like "So"?
I love my baby mother, I never let her go"

What These Bi***es Want" produced one of the craftiest punchlines in rap music. Check it:

Aiyyo, I think about when a nigga didn't have (YEAH)
And a nigga told a joke, and the bitches didn't laugh

What's more? It inspired a tradition in those days. It inspired a lot of folks to use anything to rhyme - from names to objects and whatever. So we could have sumn like:

"There was Jackal, Hannibal
Sauron, A slowpoke"

grin grin Just playing around dawg, don't get at me! wink
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
@ Bamsyle,

I laugh in Swahili. . . . . . . ."Clutching at straws" is biting ur lines?? Are u high on cheap spliffs??
A-40, please tell this fake rap fan i have been using this line since he was still running around his neighbourhood with sullied pants rolling tyres.
If u go to Sports section, the cats there would tell u i have spewed more vocab than u and Nas waxed together. grin

How can anyone tell me sampling and biting are the same thing?? Honestly speaking, you are crappier than what i originally thunk of u. Mind u, i didn't give u much initially. Nas was caught biting Biggie(THRICE) and that was no sampling. How was that different to what Jigga did when Nas was dissing Jay-Z of biting Biggie's rhymes??
In your delusion, Nas was biting for emphasis but Jay-Z wasn't?? How low can u get in this debate??
Anutha TKO. tongue

Now let me address the heap of applesauce u spewed. . . . .
Pac was alive when he released "All Eyez On Me" and it took a week to burst the platinum status. . . .Eminem sold nearly 2 platinums in one week.
Posthumously or not, young'uns like you with milk teeth who just found rap are still the ones harping about Pac and buying his albums.
Veterans like me have moved on. . . .Pac was great but as far as album sales are concerned, he cannot hold a candle to Eminem.

The most controversial rapper till date is 2pac. He sold loads of albums in death than he did when alive.
What was his soundscan status on his first 3 albums(nought)!!! It took 2pac 4 albums to be a legend.
Biggie achieved it one album, Eminem achieved it with one album. . . . .Thatz the difference. Your constant bickering of Eminem dissing MJ, Bush and privates Cheney is getting boring. He did not become a rap legend with disses. He got there as a result of his premium lyrical prowess that makes Nas and Jigga look like nursery rhymers. Letz look at Eminem's collabo with anyone. . . . .He has murdered everyone that has featured him on their song.
Someone mentioned Dre some pages earlier(i laugh in Wollof). . . .Eminem has constantly killed Dre since he shot to the limelight.

DMX?? Cheeese n Rice!!!!
Eminem already replied him on Marshal Mathers LP. . . . . .X's fans continue to deny it but i don't think Eminem would let DMX get away without punching him.
Peep this. . . . .
Yo, you might see me joggin, you might see me walkin
You might see me walkin a dead rottweiler dog
with it's head chopped off in the park with a spiked collar
hollerin at him cause the son of a bitch won't quit barkin(grrrr, ARF ARF).
. . . Who could this be?? Who barks Arff Arfff??

What about "If i get locked up tonight" where Em told DMX. . . . .

I'm sick enough to mess a man in his face but I won't
Cause you'll probably want to stand in his place
So put a sock in it, with your fake-ass Tupac image
You gays ain't tough, you just get drunk and become talkative

Seriously speaking(Bamsyle), give it up. . . . . U have no nous when it comes to the nitty gritty of the rap industry.
You cannot even identify a diss or "biting" so why the hell am i debating with you??
DMX compared to Eminem?? The same DMX Fiddy murdered on "Shot Down"?? Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, zip it!!!
Who else in the game coulda spewed so many multies, wordplay, ambiguity and pin-point delivery?

(Patiently Waiting) with Fiddy.

. . . . . Don't let me lose you, I'm not trying to confuse you
When I let loose wit this Uzi and just shoot through your Isuzu
You get the messege? Am I gettin through to you?
You know what's comin, you motherfuckers don't even know, do you?

Take some Big and some Pac and you mix em' up in a pot
Sprinkle a little Big L on top, what the Bleep do you got?
You got the realest and illest killas tied up in a knot
The juggernauts of this rap shit, like it or not

It's like a fight to the top just to see who'd die for the spot
You put ya life in this, nothin like survivin a shot
Y'all know what time it is, soon as fifty signs on this dot
Shit what you know about death threats, cause I get a lot
. . . . . . . . .

In conclusion, Eminem is too effervescent to be compared to X or fuckever. . . .
The only reason Nas/Jigga are at par with him is because they are veterans(longer in the rap game than he is).
Nas developed cold feet and stopped Eminem from spitting on "The Cross"(God's Son). . . .Nas was afraid Eminem would murder him on his own shit. grin
Apart from Aftermath soldiers, many of the so called rap veterans are scared to feature Eminem because he makes em sound like puppies.
I cannot imagine Eminem having to diss a nigga like Bamsyle. . . .

Bamsyle, the Nairaland pedophile. . . .
Hand me a knife so i'll splice and dice.
Minimise him and send him to Christ in the after life.
grin cheesy

Don't take shyte personal, i am just phucking with you.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Bamsyle(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
Thinking - "Dear Lord, I can't believe I replying this nucca again. Neways. . ."

For want of time, I won't go into all you spat there word for word. You didn't say anything new. You just keep repeating your weak points over n over again you're beginning to sound like a broken record. I'll just address the aspects that have a semblance of freshness (old points remixed to have a new sound).

Let's put to rest this your biting ish that's giving you mad and new-found joy. Go do your research very well. Almost every rapper's style can be traced to Rakim and Kool G. Rap. Guess you don't even know these guys. Never heard you mention their names before. You were prolly still sucking yo' momma's titties back then. If you do your research well, you would conclude that B.I.G. jacked Kool G's style. You would even link Pac with Rakim. You see, every above average MC took something from Rakim as well. Do your research very well.

And what's biting? Biting is stealing lyrics, flows, voices, beats, styles, images, dances, and whatever else you can think of and claims it as yours.

Note:
1. It's beyond lyrics only. Could be beats like Em did as I pointed out earlier
2. You must use it in a way that makes peops believe it's yours to be liable

What I've been trying to explain to you in English (but which I think sumone from your village needs to translate in your mother tongue for you to understand) is that it's very easy to notice when a rapper bites lyrics. You're using another person's words so it's easy to notice. But when you jack beats or a part of it, it's more difficult cos it's not clear to the world except those who go the extra mile to do research. And that shows you've got sumn to hide. Em's guilty of this.

Not all those that bite do it for want of rap verses. Some rappers even pay tribute to another and you'll call it biting. Nas quoted Biggie's "on the road to riches" and you call it biting. He used "Lord have mercy Jesus Christ. . ." as a chorus on his "Last Real Nigga Alive" and you call it biting. The question you should be intelligent enough to ask yourself is - did he try to make it sound like it's his own? So you want to tell me Nas ran out of verses or what? I gave you examples of your demi-god Em stealing beats without permission and you started to cry. He was even sued for it. My point is you would never catch me dead blaming a rapper for biting another's lines. Biting is a very controversial thingy. Is anything new or original? Every rapper bites sum other rapper. It all depends on how you do it. Once you don't copy sumone else's overall style, it's all good. You think Em is original? He started rapping from his momma's womb right? Em once said it in an interview that at the start of his rap career, he had listened to Nas so much he was initially sounding like him.

(Popular) rappers are bitin' a no name rapper that's flowin' their hood. Biting or no biting is not the issue here. Stop derailing. Biting or not biting, we still agree Jay-Z is a good rapper. One of the indices of a good rapper is not whether he bites or doesn't. I won't even argue this ish with you no more cos it's the only thing you're now hanging onto for survival. Stick to it and make yourself happy for now. That's your Ecstacy Pill. You're on a long thing.

And you keep screaming your "2pac's 4 albums = a legend theory". I won't waste time with you on that too. Cos your shallow mind can only digest the bread and butter that Em spits. You can't digest advanced stuff from the likes of Pac and Nas. No hip hop head in his right senses would dare disregard those two names.

Same goes for DMX. All those crap you spent precious time typing is what you call a reply? Let other peops judge you on that one. I took you up on Nas v. Em. In your bid to win, you kicked up all sorts of names - Redman, Lauryn Hill, Biggie, Pac, DMX, Foxy Brown, Dr. Dre. For want of time, I'll just stick to Nas.

You keep flaunting your high-level ignorance of rap music on a public forum - all in a bid to win a debate you already lost at all cost. See, Nas is not for shallow minds like yours. That's why you're so impressed by Em the pop star. You need to read reviews on Nas. One of them reads:

"What makes Nas different from other rappers is his incredibly keen eye for detail; he gives his listener all the pleasures of sonic cartooning whilst also driving home more complicated and truthful emotions. Nas' ability to deal with his own vulnerability without being mawkish or casting himself as the tough guy with the gun is the source of most of his best rhymes. He did this with "Made You Look" for instance. He makes you laugh and at the same time get serious. He has his own perspective on the violence - he's a storyteller"

Another:

"Nas' perspective is his ability to write first-person rhymes with the mind of a youngster growing up in the projects, with his eyes wide open to the world of violence, drugs and guns that West Coast rappers claimed to inhabit in real life. The youthful persona he invented allowed the rapper to uphold the East Coast values of lyrical and narrative complexity while also being "realer" than the L.A. rappers on their favorite subjects - drug dealing and gang warfare"

And yet another:

"Nas could also flow better than any other rapper in New York - continuing a story or developing a character for minutes without losing the thread of his rhyme. An alert listener wouldn't help but notice the well-honed vocabulary, the vivid imagery of Nas' raps. Here is a gangsta rapper who didn't feel the need to pose as a gangsta"

Another compares him and Eminem.

"Eminem is a pop star whose major market consists of suburban teenagers. Even at that, the difference between the two rappers isn't race or popularity - it's that Nas has figured out how to use his new-found distance from the street to improve his craft, while Eminem continues to act out his troubled trailer-trash persona for legions of fans like you who might be put off by the darkness and blackness of rappers like Slick Rick, Biggie Smalls, and Nas. That's not to say that Eminem isn't a pretty good rapper but he's nowhere near Nas.

(All from http://www.slate.com/id/2074649/).

You know what? I respect both rappers. I even like their comradeship. If you take time to study 'em, you'll know they both have ultimate respect for each other. Em even produced a track in "God's Son" (The Cross).

But when it comes to separating the men from the boys. . .

My conclusion - Nas is too complex for your lazy mind to understand.

Em's raps are mostly for kids - young and undeveloped minds like yours. If you're honest and sincere with yourself, you'll agree that it's easier for a 14 year old to understand Em than Nas.

You know what? Nas had peops like you in mind when he said:

People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer. . .
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
Yet anutha waste of bandwidth from this simpleton(does he ever give up). . . .

Let me serve you some cyanide while i can.
U could be brighter with the way you articulate your points but u lack the concept.
How can u write so much and make no iota of sense in your heap of trumpery?? Cheese n Rice!!!

U were the one that bragged Nas has never bitten Biggie's lyrics. I showed u the facts and u went mum like a dummy.
Each time u have opened your mouth carelessly to make any claim, i have shut it up with basic facts.
Eminem didn't reply DMX, Pac's album sales compared to Em, Nas never bit Biggie and many more. . . . .It's getting tiring.
If u did know these things before, u wouldn't have bragged over it and for that u have taken the sucker punch. grin grin

Nas is a damn good rapper so is Eminem. . . .
The fact that one has been in the game longer than the other means shyte. . . .Album sales also means shyte.
Lets compare the 2 cats pound for pound, toe to toe and u would realise Eminem edges it slightly.
Eminem clowns, he jokes, he kids but feature him on any hardcore track and watch him murder tracks single-handedly.

Who else is there in the rap game that Eminem hasn't murdered on their own shit??
Nas wouldn't let Em spit on "The Cross".
He was scared of what might have happened especially when he already dissed Jigga of getting killed on his own shit.
As for Nas' lyrics getting too complex for ma mind. . . . . Jigga already answered that on BLUEPRINT 2.

Cause the nigga wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or Shorty Owe You for Ice?

This is what Rolling Stone said about Eminem. . . . He hits you with the lyrical complexity and detailed narratives of Biggie, the hilarious, is-he-kidding-or-not button-pushing of Howard Stern, the disaffected angry-white-boy-ness of Fight Club and the fearless, kill-me-if-you-can energy of Tupac.
He has a macabre imagination to rival Satan's and an incredible ability to create new rhyme patterns.

He has a frightening proclivity to spit venom one moment and humor the next, and a never-ending slew of jaw-dropping punch lines. He is, simply, better than any other MC in hip-hop. yes, better than Beanie Sigel, Nas, Pharoahe Monch, Snoop, Common, Prodigy, Xzibit, Redman, Big Pun and all of the Lox.
It feels dangerous to think of a white boy nearing the aesthetic zenith of the celebration of black maleness called hip-hop, but just as blacks have to be twice as good to get ahead in life, to get ahead in hip-hop Eminem has had to be twice as ill.

Enough said!!!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by A40(m): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2008
Splendid debate even Obama and McPain could learn a thing or two

JAY-Z IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE grin grin
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Bamsyle(m): 9:46am On Nov 05, 2008
Sauron, I've always had a lot of respect for you. In the music section of NL, I've always respected anything that comes from you and Eldee.

And that respect would always remain even after this debate. We may agree or disagree over anything or at any point in time. That I'm still replying you at all shows I view you as an intelligent person. If not, I'd have ignored you long ago - cos you started sounding funny long ago. But don't take thangs personal.

This debate is on a freefall. It's heading nowhere. It's heading in (to use J.P. Clarke's words in his poem "Pauper"wink all directions, in no direction. And I feel it's cos you keep kicking up just anything that comes to your mind to help you win this debate. I've tried hard but just can't see any consistency or direction in your arguments here.

You've made a lot of false accusations and contradictory statements in your frantic/desperate bid to win by any means. For the records, let's put some thangs straight here and now:

False Accusation 1: You said I'm biased cos of Em's colour.
My Reply: I'm not. Take the pains to read through all my posts on this thread and nowhere will you see me making any reference to Em's colour. I've taken up a lot of guys on that many times. I admire Em a lot. I rate rappers based on their abilities only, not anything else. Other peops said colour but maybe in haste, you mistakenly claimed I did.

False Accusation 2: You said I denied Nas 'bit' Biggie.
My Reply: I only asked you for sources/links. Just the same way you asked Wordsmith for links on his claim of Rhymefest's win over Em in one of your earlier posts. And even when you posted the lyrics under reference, I did not go dumb. I tried to explain to analyse what biting really is in its true context. Read my posts on this issue again.

False Accusation 3: You claimed I said Em never replied DMX.
My Reply: Again, read my posts. I only posted DMX's diss lyrics to Em. I never claimed Em did not reply. The only thing that's left to reasoning is whether or not that was a reply worth being reckoned with.

And it goes on. You don't have to win at all costs. You also made contradictory statements. Most significant one is your Pac & Em comparison. Go read one of your posts on 15th Oct. You said: "After BIG and 2pac comes Eminem". You then suddenly turn full swing and start rating Em over Pac. What's going on? I see here a desperate bid to win even when you've already lost. Some peops might agree on your Em over Nas ish. But Pac? Homie, that was a 'misyarn' from a so-called 'rap veteran'.

Seems like you're always in a hurry to post anything that comes to your mind. Think before you post. You keep referring to claims I never made. Did I ever rate Nas over Em based on who's been longer in the game? I'm always been an advocate of change, freshness. See, if any rapper emerges today who sounds better than even Pac or Biggie, I'll be the first to admit it. Like I said earlier, I rate rappers based on abilities not anything else - not their longevity in the game, creed, colour, religion, criminal record. No. Even my album sales theory was misunderstood by you. We're comparing a dead man's album sales with those of a living man. How many albums has Rakim sold? I'm happy at least you admitted album sales ain't an indication of a rapper's intelligence.

Your claim that Nas stopped Em from spitting on "The Cross" is laughable. I've always advised you to add IMO to some thangs you say. The smelly thangs you vomit atimes make you look like a camel. If Nas could par with BIG or Pac, who is Eminem?

I'm not deaf to Em's crazy wordplay, mad-ass delivery, sick rhymes & flows. All I'm stating categorically is that even with all that, he's still nowhere near Nas. It may sadden your heart that's so filled with love for Em to hear that but it's the truth. And a lot of peops in here have said that.

If we take polls here on this issue, the result would make you cry like a baby cheesy
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by eldee(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2008
~Sauron~:

Biggie
Nas

Biggie
Nas

Biggie. . .
Nas. . . .

Do u need more evidence where Nas bit Biggie with his canine?? grin grin
I don't care if you think Em is Better than Pac and Biggie put together, but to say Nas was biting?? Nah . . . that's fuckery
When you bite, you take sumone's intellectual property and place it as use, the way he used it
In plain english, it's not biting when you use Biggie's lines as a hook

Now 'Nas, the millionaire, the mansions??' That's biting??
Meaning when I used to be or not to be, I'm biting Shakespeare's lines??
Oi, whatchu saying bruv?? I know any it's a no-holds-barred argument but don't take it to the extreme.

Simple question . . . how many of the 21 million people that bought Marshal Mathers LP were real hiphop fans??
Cut the white teenagers, how many has he sold??
We know he's talented and all that but point to one white teenager that'll choose Tupac over Eminem and I'll show you a black Queen of England tongue
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 2:16am On Nov 06, 2008
It seems u have forgotten this debate is Sauron Vs (A-40, Bamsyle, Bgees, Eldee and others).
I am doing this schitzo in one so pardon me if i included someone else's reply under your moniker.
Afterall, y'all don't believe Eminem is any good. . . . .He sells records because he is white.

let me address the rest of your epistle. grin

Bamsyle:

Seems like you're always in a hurry to post anything that comes to your mind. Think before you post. You keep referring to claims I never made. Did I ever rate Nas over Em based on who's been longer in the game? I'm always been an advocate of change, freshness. See, if any rapper emerges today who sounds better than even Pac or Biggie, I'll be the first to admit it. Like I said earlier, I rate rappers based on abilities not anything else - not their longevity in the game, creed, colour, religion, criminal record. No. Even my album sales theory was misunderstood by you. We're comparing a dead man's album sales with those of a living man. How many albums has Rakim sold? I'm happy at least you admitted album sales ain't an indication of a rapper's intelligence.

Album sales don't really count in me opinion but u were the first that brought that into the argument.
I replied you and made it clear n concise that the difference between 2pac's total album sales and Eminem is just 5 million records.
Furthermore, labelling 2pac's album sales as that of a dead man is a tad folly. . . . . .He was alive up until Makaveli album was produced.
He sold more from the albums he made before his death than after. . . . .so it's a dud comparison by a country mile.

Your claim that Nas stopped Em from spitting on "The Cross" is laughable. I've always advised you to add IMO to some thangs you say. The smelly thangs you vomit atimes make you look like a camel. If Nas could par with BIG or Pac, who is Eminem?

Nas could par with BIG and Pac?? The same Nas 2pac murdered on "Against All Odds"(Makaveli) or the same Nas that was biting Biggie Smalls??
Was Nas dead when Biggie became the king of NY on the back of one album(Ready to Die)??
Biggie and Pac would always come first. . . . .Jigga and Nas are several notches below the late legends.
Without their deaths, i doubt Jigga woulda been so successful.

I'm not deaf to Em's crazy wordplay, mad-ass delivery, sick rhymes & flows. All I'm stating categorically is that even with all that, he's still nowhere near Nas. It may sadden your heart that's so filled with love for Em to hear that but it's the truth. And a lot of peops in here have said that.

Thats your preference and your sick opinion . . . . . I love Nasir's concept but i believe Eminem is more talented.
I don't go with what a lotta people think. . . .Most peops don't know shyte and they have only heard the clowning songs of Eminem showed on MTV.
They are going to judge him on those not the hardcore and the dark ones the radio/TV dare not play.

If we take polls here on this issue, the result would make you cry like a baby cheesy

Polls me ass. . . . . .Who cares about the opinion of what NLers think??
This is not a popularity shiznit.
Eminem deserves the best rapper alive awarded to him.
Only an idiot would think otherwise. tongue

eldee:

I don't care if you think Em is Better than Pac and Biggie put together, but to say Nas was biting?? Nah . . . that's fuckery
When you bite, you take sumone's intellectual property and place it as use, the way he used it
In plain english, it's not biting when you use Biggie's lines as a hook

I cited 3 instances(NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE but THRICE)!!!
If u claim Nas didn't bite Biggie, what wrong has Jigga done that warranted the disses Nas spat on him?
You guys are not being objective because y'all all love Nas.
One law must apply here: It's either Nas is spewing drivel dissing Jigga for biting OR Nas didn't bite Biggie.
I would let y'all reach a decision and tell me which is which. grin cheesy

Now 'Nas, the millionaire, the mansions??' That's biting??
Meaning when I used to be or not to be, I'm biting Shakespeare's lines??
Oi, whatchu saying bruv?? I know any it's a no-holds-barred argument but don't take it to the extreme.

Thats a big BITE(Lion's bite if you ask me).
He didn't even salute Biggie on the track. . . . .He made that track like his own concept and it was so annoying.
Even the most blinkered Escobar's fan would tell u that was "BITING". cheesy

Simple question . . . how many of the 21 million people that bought Marshal Mathers LP were real hiphop fans??
Cut the white teenagers, how many has he sold??
We know he's talented and all that but point to one white teenager that'll choose Tupac over Eminem and I'll show you a black Queen of England tongue

All the 21 million peops that bought MMLP were real hiphop fans, Eldee.
That album changed the rap scene. It was Eminem versus the rest of the world.
He was accused of being homophobic, misogynist, occultist, devil worshipper and everything that could be attached to a man.

U gotta have the sickest of mind to cope with the album. . . . . It's not for the frailed hearts. . . . .
Are u saying regular Usher fans or Beyonce's would cope listening to MMLP?? tongue U gotta be shitting me.
Do u know the track "Kim" wasn't even listed on the clean version of the album?? They couldn't censor the swear words. . . .That was the height of it's tightness.
Hell, that was the first time censors board would fail to include a track of the "dirty" version on the clean version cos censoring would serve no purpose.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaydee(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2008
@ Sauron

You are so ignorant,Biggie was the 1st to bite Nas
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2008
kaydee:

@ Sauron

You are so ignorant, Biggie was the 1st to bite Nas

U diseased rhinoceros pizzle!!!

How can Biggie bite Nas?? The only thing pathetic Nas fans always say is Biggie used the picture of himself as a baby on the album cover.
Nas was 9 yrs old on the album cover of Illmatic(debut album). . . . Biggie was a tot on his own album cover.
When did the image of an album cover equates to biting??
Cheese n Rice, how is that biting??
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by kaydee(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2008
@ Sauron

grin grin grin

"U wanna learn,U starvin for knowledge I'm a feed U
But if U wise,I'm hungry for for knowledge I'm a eat U"

Man!!!!!! U betta come up with a good excuse soon that U've been clowning all along cool cool cool Back to everyone biting Illmatic,Ur Hero,Eminem is number one but U'll never know that!!! Eminem's Infinite album was straight biting and that's what U call biting.That was even more than biting!!! If U want that album,i can hook U up because i'm sure U've never heard of it.

I keep telling U to shut ur mouth when the topic is Hip-Hop because U know nothing! U're just better than Skingo and his entourage around here.Lemme explain further,when i see David Dylan talking religion,i keep my mouth shut because i know he knows better and some guys in the Auto section because they know better.Until you realize U know lil or nothing,U'll never learn.U're one incorrigible M.U.M.U. You think U know but U have no idea
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2008
kaydee:

grin grin grin
Man!!!!!! U betta come up with a good excuse soon that U've been clowning all along cool cool cool Back to everyone biting Illmatic,Ur Hero,Eminem is number one but U'll never know that!!! Eminem's Infinite album was straight biting and that's what U call biting.That was even more than biting!!! If U want that album,i can hook U up because i'm sure U've never heard of it.

Eminem biting Nas?? U gotta be high on cheap spilffs.
Slimshady came out with his own stylez. . . . Never street-hustled or talked about drugs or wearing mafioso suits.
Straight catchy lyrics is what Em is all about so stop spewing drivel.

I keep telling U to shut ur mouth when the topic is Hip-Hop because U know nothing! U're just better than Skingo and his entourage around here.let me explain further,when i see David Dylan talking religion,i keep my mouth shut because i know he knows better and some guys in the Auto section because they know better.Until you realize U know little or nothing,U'll never learn.U're one incorrigible M.U.M.U. You think U know but U have no idea

U have a disgusting cognitive reasoning. . . . .
When the subject is Hip-Hop(no one is iller than me). . . . . .I don't know many things but i am the BEST at the few things i know.
What do u know about Rap music?? The amount of rap tracks i digest week in week out would kill, cremate and smoke your ashes.
U obnoxious piglet!!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by chiogo(f): 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2008
Geez! The way y'all be typing essays on here, y'all should have ran for presidency. Trust me Obama got nothing on u guys. LOL!

Anywayz, Bamsyle has said it all especially the 2pac issue, couldn't have said it better myself.

~Sauron~, ok, we accept. Eminem is the best.not jeez!

I mean just the other day on BET hip hop awards, Lil' wayne won the award for 'best lyricist'. Wtf?? Even though jigga is my best, I think the award should be for Nas. But weezy?? Really anything is possible these days. Lord have mercy!
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2008
chiogo:

~Sauron~, ok, we accept. Eminem is the best.not jeez!

I mean just the other day on BET hip hop awards, little' wayne won the award for 'best lyricist'. Wtf?? Even though jigga is my best, I think the award should be for Nas. But weezy?? Really anything is possible these days. Lord have mercy!

The issue is simple. . . . .

Eminem might not necessarily be the best rapper alive BUT to say he does not deserve the award is a tad folly.
If Nas, Jigga, Canibus or Rakim had won the award, i would still be here defending them.
This debate got hyper when some members were sounding as if it was the most undeserving award anyone have ever copped.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Bamsyle(m): 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2008
Sauron, your recent posts suggest to me that you want to have the honour of having the last post on this debate (cos you're not saying anything new, nay, you're not saying anything). I won't give you that privilege. Am I tormenting you? grin

First off, Em is good. And IMO, he doesn't sell records cos he's white.

And to the rest of your homiletics:

You still don't understand my take on Pac's album sales. To start with, we both agreed record sales mean nada. Also, I introduced album sales issue as a minor issue, not a major one. I said it in a single short sentence. And for the umpteenth time all I'm saying is Pac is gone and is still selling records. Dude, take a minute and ponder on that. I don't care if he sold more while alive.

BTW, "All Eyez on Me", the first double rap album ever, by RIAA's records, sold over 9 million copies in the United States in 2 years. The album has since reached diamond status (though not officially recognized by RIAA because no recount has been requested). "Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory" sold 663,000 copies its first week and then Tupac became the first rapper ever to have two #1 albums in the same year. The album has gone 9 times platinum, sold 28 million copies and counting. "Until The End Of Time" was the best selling rap record of 2001. The last two were released after his death. MMLP has only sold 21 million copies. In 2001, Tupac was by far the best selling hip hop/rap artiste of all time and #20 of all time in the solo artistes category . . . of any genre.

That's the dude you dare compare with Eminem.

I'm saying he died more than a decade ago and HE IS STLL SELLING MORE THAN A LIVING RAPPER. What part of that sentence don't you understand? And don't forget that we now live in an era where peops download records more than they buy them. I don't think Em's post-humous records can sell like that.

And you call 5 Million just? Unless Em comes up with sumn better than what he's shittin' now, I doubt that "King Mathers" would sell up to that.

That aside, any time you say 75 million, always add "and counting" wink

"Biggie and Pac would always come first. . . . .Jigga and Nas are several notches below the late legends". That's one of the most concise statements you've ever made on NL. But maybe you didn't understand my use of the word 'par' in that context. I meant 'collabo' - not that Nas is Pac's or Biggie's equal. Of course he's far below 'em. You said Nas was afraid to feature Em on "The Cross". I replied - if Nas could collabo with these two cats, who's Em? Nas would have nailed Em to the cross if he was featured grin

Someone already told you that only an idiot would think Em deserves that award so I won't dwell on that.

On 'biting', so you mean - when anyone quotes or uses someone else's words, he must always salute the person? You're wrong. Some works or quotes are so notorious/popular everybody knows who said them. So if I include "I have a dream" or "By any means possible" in any of my personal statements, I must salute Martin Luther King or Malcolm X? Your understanding of biting is short of one fact. I tried explaining it to you. Eldee also tried. And that is - THE WAY THE LINES ARE USED.

In Eminem's MMLP, the chorus for "The Way I Am" is similar to a rhyme used by Rakim in the song "As The Rhyme Goes On" from his debut album with Eric B,

I’m the R the A to the K-I-M
If I wasn’t, then why would I say I am?

The first two lines from the third verse of Eminem's "I'm Back" are based on lines from Rakim's/Eric B's "My Melody". In "I'm Back", Eminem says:

I take seven (kids) from (Columbine), stand 'em all in line
Add an AK-47, a revolver, a nine
a Mack-11 and it oughta solve the problem of mine
and that's a whole school of bullies shot up all at one time

In "My Melody", Rakim said (Verse 4, lines 13 - 14):

I take 7 MC's put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it'll take 7 more before I go for mine
And that's 21 MC's ate up at the same time

By your analysis, wasn't that biting?

Let me break it down for you like this : the question is - how did Nas use those Biggie lines? Did he use them word for word, flow for flow? Plus you know what? Quit using someone else's comments as if they're yours. I doubt that you've listened to the alleged tracks by Nas yourself. That shit you posted is on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sszLKVdBIWU and it's someone else's comment (you even reported the alleged tracks in same sequence). That's 'biting' tongue

What album changed the rap scene? MMLP? shocked So, the fact that several accusations were levelled against Em translates to real hip-hop? U never cease to amaze me. "Sickest of mind" to cope with MMLP? and "not for the frailed hearts"? shocked With that overall pop sound? That album was good and more serious than SSLP. But it was controversial, not hardcore. Em is not hardcore. Never. Of course hardcore does not mean real hip-hop but quit your "Hardcore Em" ish.

Regular Usher or Beyonce fans would more than cope listening to MMLP. Even Britney Spears or Celine Dion fans. U think because he talks about killing his wife or raping/abusing his mother, that makes it hardcore or scary? Or using swear words? Of course Em uses swear words. So what? Obie Trice in his track in the 8 Mile collection used the f word 99% of the time. Yet we did not bat an eyelid. It's the overall sound that matters. Though I won't say Em is skilled cos of his whiteness, I can assure you that 90% of those who bought MMLP are white teenagers. That's his audience. Or you want to tell me nigg**s in the projects bought more copies? Nah. A 10-year old girl would listen to that album and laugh all the way. Even a 90-year old grandma. Em's attempts at being hardcore elicits more laughter than when he clowns. Didn't you see what he looked like in the video of "Cleaning My Closet"? U've got to be kidding me.

And yet another contradictory statement: "Eminem might not necessarily be the best rapper alive BUT to say he does not deserve the award is a tad folly".

The award was for Best Rapper Alive NOT for One of The Best Rappers Alive. I've noticed that you have a problem with semantics. What you on? He is good but he does not deserve it.

Nas ain't dead yet.
Re: Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive by Sauron1: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2008
Bamsyle,

What is the point of using 5000 words when only 50 can do??

I am not sure about your football knowledge but say if Messi cops the World Footballer Of the Year, would u say he is the best?? No!!! People would be quick to say Ronaldo or Casillas but then u cannot say Messi does not deserve the award if chosen.
That is what i am trying to say about Eminem. . . . . .Many cats came here to quickly rubbish his mercurial skills as if he does not deserve the award in any way. If Nas had won it, Jigga fans would squeal and vice versa. . . . . There's a difference between deserving something and being the best!!!
Is Eminem the best rapper alive?? 64% of the 920,000 vibe votes said YES. . . . .Who are u to disapprove??

Pac is gone and still selling records is hogwash and a cat like u should know better.
If Eminem kicks the bucket tonight, his songs would start selling especially if he dies violently the way Pac did.
Bob Marley and Elvis Presley are still selling records, Big L, Big Pun and even Aaliyah are still selling records so what the eff are you on about??
The difference between Eminem and Pac is 5 million albums is just 5 million records. . . . ."Relapse" would cover that ground.
75 million units sold over 12 albums compared to 70 million sold over 4 albums?? U must be high in cheap spliffs.

Back to biting. . . . . .Nas bit Biggie. . . . .I don't care what anyone says.
He was caught biting Biggie THRICE in the most sordid way u can ever think of. . . . .
RAKIM and Eminem drivel u posted there was a hogwash. . . .Eminem was talking about the Columbine high school shooting, RAKIM was talking about his usual spiritual bunkum. Whatz the correlation??
If i remember correctly, it was Nas that bit RAKIM in "You Are The Man" where he went. . . .I am N-A-S-I-R, If I wasnt i musta been Escobar"

Okay. . . .Eminem has no black fans at all. Only white kids listen to Eminem.
No Black man has ever bought his album and white boys changed their music preference from pop, rock and metal rock to RAP after Eminem busted into the limelight. If this statement does not make you a lummox, then nuthing else would.
The single most important factor in Eminem's success is Dr. Dre who has worked with Snoop, 50 cent and even 2pac.
U cannot go wrong with Dr Dre unless ur name is Nas/AZ grin cheesy grin

Beyonce/Usher fans would cope with homophobic and misogynistic lines?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are u a 'tard?? Forgotten how gay groups congregated at the Grammys protesting Eminem's nomination??
Someone's retentive memory is on the decline. . . . . .Eminem is more hardcore than most of the rappers out there.
He clowns on his songs sometimes but pit him against rappers from the concrete streetz and watch him demolish em with witty lines.
Go and listen to "Remember Me" on MMLP and come back here and fess that wasn't sterling hardcore shyte.
If u ain't got nuthing else to say, tape it shut.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video / Old School Naija Songs / Otedola's Daughter Florence - I Love My Country (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 296
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.