Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) (24079 Views)

Who Is Your Best American Rapper- Drake, Eminem Or Lilwayne? / Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by smile4kenn(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2008
Lil Wayne Feels Like A Million

Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III becomes the first album in more than three years to sell a million copies in a week. The opus sold 1,006,000 copies to debut at #1 on Nielsen/SoundScan's list of the best-selling albums in the US. That's the biggest sales week since another rap album, 50 Cent's The Massacre, bowed at #1 in March 2005 with sales of 1,141,000.

Frankly, I was starting to think that the days of albums selling a million copies in a week were gone forever. Rascal Flatts didn't even come close in 2006 when Me And My Gang opened with sales of 722,000. Even the red-hot Kanye West fell short when his latest, Graduation, bowed in 2007 with sales of 957,000. And those were the biggest one-week sales totals for those years. Until this week, the heftiest tally for 2008 was less than half of West's total. Mariah Carey's E=MC2 had held the record for 2008 with sales of 463,000.

It's telling that while the industry focused on media-anointed superstars (Madonna, Usher) in searching for someone who might be able to top Carey's record, it was broken by a rapper with a fraction of their media profile.

This is Lil Wayne's sixth top 10 album, but his first to reach #1. The rapper, who was born Wayne Carter, first hit the chart in 1999, when he was 16. Lil Wayne is the third artist to hit #1 so far this year who first cracked the Billboard album chart as a teenager. Janet Jackson was also 16 when she first charted in 1982. Usher was just 15 when he first charted in 1994.
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by smile4kenn(m): 8:37am On Jun 19, 2008
Paul, u are cool with your writeups.Now lil wayne has 1 more reason to brag about being the best rapper alive.(and that's true)

Now you have a reason to say "I Got MOney, On MonEY, On MonEY, On MonEY, On MonEY, On MonEY, On MonEY, On MonEY, On MonEY, On ToP of More MOney!!!!!"

One of da Biggest fan of Cash Money!!!
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by smile4kenn(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2008
yeah. 3 hands

Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by wolexf(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2008
Go Wizzie
Young Money, Cash Money Representin
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by steve49ja(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2008
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you guys really cool with wizzy being GAY!!!!!
am a fan though
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by lobinoxebe(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2008
Bleep Gay, Wizzy has top it all, and he his realy bring out his club name, Cash money, young money, pack all money,
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by wolexf(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2008
I dont care if he is gay or not. Thats his personal business. All i know is that the dude is cool, spits fire and sure knows how to make hits.
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2008
Lil' Wayne, best rapper alive? Joke of the century, if you ask me. Only the PHCN strike is more joker than this joke.

1 Like

Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by A40(m): 1:07am On Sep 17, 2008
@mactao
I agree with you its a big time joke a certain 50 also sold that much and he is whack

1 Like

Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by fastmoney(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2008
wat history, rock artist sell 2million before there release date, about 5 yrs ago a 4man R&B boy group sold 5m.
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by kuntagunit(m): 5:09am On May 28, 2009
Lil Wayne what,, this is a very sick joke. does that thing Lil Wayne do qualify as rap in the first place, that guy has been suffering from catarrh all his life. Chei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rap is in trouble if Lil Wayne can be the best rapper alive. who is even comparing 50 with that fagot, leave all this media hype,take time to listen to the lyrics 50 drop before you even compare him with Lil Wayne angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry i am outta here
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by omonija1(f): 5:13am On May 28, 2009
Well deserved, the guy can spit sha, 50 cant even stand next to him, im not a big fan of rap and he is the only guy that raps ad amazes me!!!
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by unix4real1(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2009
Wizzy is a Gay shocked angry
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by selencious(f): 1:20am On Jan 16, 2010
I and mi Boyfriend loves Lil Wayne, He's da bomb
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by Kingsintei(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Lil wont sell if he is frm 9ja.na who won buy am
Re: Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) by crazygod(m): 7:53am On Oct 11, 2013
Lil wayne is GAY? Abi na play? Damn this are end times.

(1) (Reply)

PSquare Sign Cynthia Morgan To Their Label / Reason Why Many Nigerian Artistes Shoot Their Videos In SA. / The Top 10 Nigerian Diss Songs You Should Know - Mediarants.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.