Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish (1896 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Suspected Ritualist Batters Wife In Ibadan, Oyo Over Refusal To Comply (graphic) / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by tracyfemmmm: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
For taking a piece of fish from the cooking pot, 34 year old Fatima Bankole (pictured above) said she got the beating of her life from her husband, Alhaji Kamoru Bankole, on Wednesday July 16th and now has 26 stitches on her face as a result of the brutal assault.

Narrating what led to the attack, Fatima, who is one of three wives, said as wives of the Alhaji, they had a roaster for cooking. She said on the day any of them cooked, they would first dish for their husband, then the children before serving themselves.

She said on the day of the attack, the last wife had finished her cooking and served their husband and the children. She, Fatima, then went for her own meal but as soon as the third wife saw her food, she immediately went to report to their husband that Fatimah had taken the largest chunk of fish in the pot.
Not listening to her explanation that she only took pieces of fish scattered in the pot, their husband descended on her with punches to her face. She said she bled for hours and was thereafter locked up in a room for three days before she found a way of escape.

She said her husband had physically assaulted her several times in the past and even gave an account of a previous attack where her husband pulled her hair until it hurt so bad it gave her head injuries.
After her escape, Fatimah was assisted to the hospital by her neighbors. Her husband has since been arrested after a petition by a Women Arise civil group in Lagos. He is expected to be in court next week.

Source: Sahara Reporters
Women are suffering sha oh Who says we dont need feminism cry
[img]http://2.bp..com/-bURZ08KhH0M/U9OHJQgDWHI/AAAAAAADPbs/U341UK3kV94/s1600/unnamed0.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Pavore9: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
Some people will still say polygamous setting is good, tell that to the children of d battered woman! With this incident, d seed of hatred has been sown between the kids of the 2 wives! If Polygamy is good for the man, is it good for the children?

2 Likes

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
shocked Terrible.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Black man! I hope they break his handsangry

1 Like

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by cococandy(f): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Don't mind Nigerians joor.
They'll come here and pretend to be sympathetic to the plight of such abused women.
But mention feminism or women's liberation or women empowerment,then you'll see their true colors.
The women aren't even helping themselves.
Don't be surprised to see this woman go back to the man when the case is over

7 Likes

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Danhumprey: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
^^^

Na only feminism full your head? Is feminism the solution to marital problems,physical/intimate assault,etc?

Heck! Feminism has created worse problems.

Try reasoning like a sane human being/woman and not like someone blinded by feminism. Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by NickiRoman: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
This isn't the first and it won't be the last,Won't be surprised If she goes back.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Danhumprey: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
He has remodified her face. He just succeeded in drawing tribal marks on her face.grin

Some men can be wicked sha. I seriously hope he get punished for that.

This is why I don't support and will never support polygamy. Any woman is a polygamous home is in a torture cell.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Danhumprey: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
NickiRoman: This isn't the first and it won't be the last,Won't be surprised If she goes back.
Hiya!wink
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by tracyfemmmm: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
Mostly women in the north that suffer like this
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by luvablesam(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
No woman shld be battered this way,even for a crime far more serious. However,i Dont think its just d freaking FISH....Something else shld be involved...Thank God her hubby is in police custody.

Dont be suprised to see family members,who prior to this case would have said nothing abt d hubby beating his wife,come out STILL to blame her as the cause of "Alhajis" problems.

I still dont support Feminism. cos i see it as a cheap way to blackmail men into unfamiliar territory
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by NickiRoman: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
Danhumprey: Hiya!wink
..Hey

1 Like

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by egopersonified(f): 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Do or die marriage.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Another woman who has no love or value for herself
Goodluck to her and others like her, if you no love yaself first noirin anyone can do for you.

I dont understand how people are making this like its exclusive to polygamy, monogamous men beat their wives too everyday
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yeye man wants to kill his wife because of fish? Nothing wey pesin no go hear!
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by baby124: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Poverty induced polygamy. If you don't mind sharing husband, at least marry one that is not so impoverished to be fighting over fish. Na wa oooo.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by shizzleStar: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
cococandy: Don't mind Nigerians joor.
They'll come here and pretend to be sympathetic to the plight of such abused women.
But mention feminism or women's liberation or women empowerment,then you'll see their true colors.
Women liberation, Yes!

Women empowerment, Yes!

BUT why feminism undecided

3 Likes

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by shizzleStar: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
baby124: Poverty induced polygamy. If you don't mind sharing husband, at least marry one that is not so impoverished to be fighting over fish. Na wa oooo.
You are missing it! Most times they dont marry out of choice, but out of necessity. grin
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by damiso(f): 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
baby124: Poverty induced polygamy. If you don't mind sharing husband, at least marry one that is not so impoverished to be fighting over fish. Na wa oooo.

Abi o tim ba ma je opolo ma kuku je eyi to leyin(if I wan chop frog make I kuku chop the one wey get egg)

I am glad the man has been arrested as he deserves to be locked up for a very long while.

1 Like

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by armyofone(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
I wonder, about time she moves on. I hope she will take the seperation/divorce route. Get a good lawyer and fight to get her children out of there.

Beat you for fish? Shame on Mr. Bankole. Not a marriage material.

egopersonified: Do or die marriage.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by beau49: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
I could not help but laugh when I saw the reason behind the man beating the wife to that extent. Because of FISH!!! Lord have mercy!. How a man would raise his hands to beat his wife because of a silly excuse as this one is beyond me. Well thank heavens the beating did not get to the eyes or kill her,if not story for change. FISH kwa?the fish get gold inside? God I beg o angry
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by ifyalways(f): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2014
Hahahahaha.

Ori eja.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chaiii loretta I too dey like your post like kilooodeee grin

oya take this for Sunday lunch. You deserve am wink

cococandy: Don't mind Nigerians joor.

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by cococandy(f): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lol
Happy sunday.
What a delicous looking lunch.
kulyie: Chaiii loretta I too dey like your post like kilooodeee grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by 5minsmadness: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
She wasn't beaten because of the fish.
She has been irritating her husband since.
Ever since the third wife came into the home she has not allowed anybody rest.
Its one thing today, another tomorrow.
Okay, on the said day, the third wife made soup specially for her husband. Normally third wife would prepare the food and keep the biggest piece of fish reserved for husband for the next day. Only for this woman to pick that fish, knowing fully well it would anger husband. In fact she dared him that he wasn't man enough to have that piece of fish. Before long they had devolved into fisticuffs with the third wife(a fellow woman) throwing in a punch or two.

And that's how it really happened angry

CAVEAT.
There is no justifiable reason whatsoever to strike at a woman. They are the weaker sex and should be treated with respect. If you cannot handle your anger walk away.
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by armyofone(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
We should contribute fried rice and cartons of Tilapia, Mackerel, Salmon, Croaker, Carps, Norway Mackerel etc to that man.

Cococandy, oya set up fish fund raiser osiso.

kulyie: Chaiii loretta I too dey like your post like kilooodeee grin

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by cococandy(f): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
smiley
armyofone: We should contribute fried rice and cartons of Tilapia, Mackerel, Salmon, Croaker, Carps, Norway Mackerel etc to that man.

Cococandy, oya set up fish fund raiser osiso.

Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by bukatyne(f): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Why is this story here?

What are we supposed to do?

tracyfemmmm: For taking a piece of fish from the cooking pot, 34 year old Fatima Bankole (pictured above) said she got the beating of her life from her husband, Alhaji Kamoru Bankole, on Wednesday July 16th and now has 26 stitches on her face as a result of the brutal assault.

Narrating what led to the attack, Fatima, who is one of three wives, said as wives of the Alhaji, they had a roaster for cooking. She said on the day any of them cooked, they would first dish for their husband, then the children before serving themselves.

She said on the day of the attack, the last wife had finished her cooking and served their husband and the children. She, Fatima, then went for her own meal but as soon as the third wife saw her food, she immediately went to report to their husband that Fatimah had taken the largest chunk of fish in the pot.
Not listening to her explanation that she only took pieces of fish scattered in the pot, their husband descended on her with punches to her face. She said she bled for hours and was thereafter locked up in a room for three days before she found a way of escape.

She said her husband had physically assaulted her several times in the past and even gave an account of a previous attack where her husband pulled her hair until it hurt so bad it gave her head injuries.
After her escape, Fatimah was assisted to the hospital by her neighbors. Her husband has since been arrested after a petition by a Women Arise civil group in Lagos. He is expected to be in court next week.

Source: Sahara Reporters
Women are suffering sha oh Who says we dont need feminism cry
[img]http://2.bp..com/-bURZ08KhH0M/U9OHJQgDWHI/AAAAAAADPbs/U341UK3kV94/s1600/unnamed0.jpg[/img]
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by armyofone(m): 2:02am On Jul 28, 2014
Fish Fund Raising
Please pay or contribute a fish to Loretta.

bukatyne: Why is this story here?
What are we supposed to do?
Re: Woman's Face Gets 26 Stitches After Husband Batters Her Over Piece Of Fish by Kanwulia: 4:25am On Jul 28, 2014
Lemme guess? grin
Why do I always get these ethnic-barbaric groups right?
It must be the EAST-WEST CONNECTOR. . . .Austell, COBB COUNRRRRY. . . .Georgia. grin
I nor go forget the HOT SPEEDING TICKET wey I get on this road about 10 years ago.
Chai!!!

What was the topic again?
Those BOKO HARAM HAREM peeps again? cheesy

Serve them right.
Make them dey 'taka' themselves dia! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPyL0Z4KtSc

(1) (Reply)

Am I At Fault? +PIX / . / Soft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.