Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637150 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FrancescoFarino(f): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bintdawood:

grin grin
you're making jest of me right?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2022
Richnero99:
I am not just an introvert but I am a bit shy as well, especially around the opposite gender.

I moved to this area in April this year and other than my brother, not a single soul has visited me. And the fact that I see nothing wrong with that, worries me.

I don't like associating and I barely have friends. I work from home, so the option of associating with coworkers is out of the window.

I get bored with people and things easily and that makes me feel there's no need in trying to make friends.

I used to have a girlfriend, but I broke up with her with the silly excuse that I needed some time off.

My daily routine? Wake up in the morning, get in front of my system and begin my job for the day. Take a break, make my meal, eat and get back to work. Surf the net in between (Facebook, WhatsApp, Nairaland, LinkedIn, Quora, etc.), do some other necessary stuff and sleep when it's time.
Damn! Such a boring life.

I can be indoors for a full month without stepping out of the house.

People want to talk to me, girls especially, but I am the one avoiding them. And for this, they think I am too rude or proud. Only if they knew...

Sometimes I wonder if I can be able to get married. If I can be able to live with a woman for the rest of my life without getting bored.

I think my own introversion is the worst kind there is.

Are my normal?

It's so scary how a lot of people relate with this.

Used to be an extroverted flow boy, along the line didn't know what happened, gradually I have so gotten used to living alone and doing things that way I consider being with people hardwork even though I genuinely want to, I just find it difficult to.

Maybe this intense introversion is a disease. cry

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bintdawood(f): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
you're making jest of me right?

No sir smiley am sorry.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
good afternoon Sir... I'm glad for the timely response... I also find it so tricky to relate with the female folks...some of them do work up to me to strike a convo(about 2 last year, one in may and the other, November)as for the age, I will be 31 by April 12, never have a girlfriend,and even look much younger than my age...I will need more hints from you on to relate with ladies freely ,thanks...
Are u a Christian or Muslim?
Do u belong to any group?
First step is to join a group with mixed genders, this is the easiest & quickest way to overcome issues as regards relating with the opposite gender
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FrancescoFarino(f): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
Lols...See you...your face says it all....I want to believe you're not an introvert...or are you one?
Bintdawood:

No sir smiley am sorry.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2022
Momcherry:

I think you need it more.
Hope you're not in medical field or planning to go into, because you'll fail woefully! angry

grin grin grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FrancescoFarino(f): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2022
Okay sir...I'm a Christian. I attend church services on sundays and midweek service sometimes...so do you think,joining a group in Church could be of help to me or must it be a social group
Rubbiish:

Are u a Christian or Muslim?
Do u belong to any group?
First step is to join a group with mixed genders, this is the easiest & quickest way to overcome issues as regards relating with the opposite gender
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2022
toujurs:
Read the symptoms you mentioned again, i think you are about going mad! Please visit a psychiatrist at yabaleft. To help you on supplements, and tips on how to socialize so you can regain your sanity. Thank me later

You are just plainly fuulish, stvpid and usvless. What is your business in peoples private affairs. Try this nonsense with me and meet your end.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by toujurs: 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
Evolutionlove:

You are just plainly fuulish, stvpid and usvless. What is your business in peoples private affairs. Try this nonsense with me and meet your end.
Another chronic wierdo on the loose. cheesy

Don't quote me again, i have nothing to do with you. Engage this energy into living a good life.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by toujurs: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
BunbleBee:
Too much of introversion is bad, especially when it comes with lack of social skills like networking and public speaking.

I'm an introvert: I can play and enjoy myself alone, always indoors, few friends and running away from the spotlight.

I have lost out on lot of opportunities just because I couldn't stand up and utter two to three sentences. One of such is when we had a representatives of WHO visit my secondary school. An assembly of all students was held for them to address us. One of the representatives asked a question about hygene. The assembly was silent, I knew the answer but I was scared to speak up. So I told my classmate the answer, he gave the answer and guess what! He won a LAPTOP!

I went home crying and thereafter made a conscious decision to develop myself. Today, I'm still introverted with more improved social skills. I can relate well with people, address a gathering without little or no fright.

On the positive side, introversion has saved me from troubles and rejections. However, it encourages you to remain in your comfort zone which is bad for growth.
Preach on Boss, they don't know this.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
Okay sir...I'm a Christian. I attend church services on sundays and midweek service sometimes...so do you think,joining a group in Church could be of help to me or must it be a social group
It will be of great help, believe me.
The only way u can fight anxiety that comes with relating with the opposite gender is to relate with them & joining a group where u can express your views is one of the best solution to solving this problem. At 31 even if u don't have a girlfriend, u shouldn't have anxiety talking to girls at this age. Some of your mates are already married. Most of my friends got married at 31. If u are joining a group, it should be a youth group, don't join a group full of elderly. Once u join, start relating with the opposite gender on a platonic level, gradually u begin to build your confidence, once u have established that confidence & free mind relating with them, getting a girlfriend wouldn't be a problem. & it's important u start now, at 31 u shouldn't be having this problem.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olumighty23: 8:20am On Dec 23, 2022
Present, but why people don’t like us whenever u are around people or friends all Dey do is jus about u and want to know wat u are up too and make silly moves
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Karleb:
Many of you here are just wasting your lives.

The fact that you came with a default settings does not mean you have to live with it for the rest of your life.

I remember I attacked this thread like twice over the years.

I wouldn't do that again but the opinion hasn't changed tho.

Merry Christmas to you people.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Biodex58(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2022
This is me all the time undecided undecided lipsrsealed

ESPECIALLY when the waiter hands my bills grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GodHimself: 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
good afternoon Sir... I'm glad for the timely response... I also find it so tricky to relate with the female folks...some of them do work up to me to strike a convo (about 2 last year, one in may and the other, November)as for the age, I will be 31 by April 12, never have a girlfriend, and even look much younger than my age...I will need more hints from you on to relate with ladies freely ,thanks...

Talk to women every opportunity you get... some are easy to talk to because it is part of their job e.g salesgirls

Start with saying "hello, how are you" or some form of greeting.

You will gradually discover how easy it is to talk to women.

Time, and consistency is your best friend here.

Over time it will get easier.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GodHimself: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
I was an extrovert as a child.

Puberty caused some changes and I became introverted, so much so my neighbors expressed shock at the transformation.

I stayed introverted for over a decade until I got a job that required me to speak in public. I loved it, and the attention that came with it, and gradually became extroverted again.

Then I went through some life changes which, coupled with the lock-down, made me withdraw into myself again.

I have been consciously working on getting used to people again, and right now, I am quite balanced.

I enjoy my own company, and also enjoy interacting with people, especially people on the same wavelength with me (some people are energy vampires and spending time with them will drain your energy)

In all, I now believe enjoying the company of other people is a muscle you can consciously develop.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GodHimself: 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
eben97:
I GAVE my apartment to some friends who are teaching(teachers),both seen intros,they hardly flow even with the neighbors,it got to d extent that the wife put to bed at home,needed help from medical personels in d compound(two pro nurses and pharmaceuticals,do u know this couples stayed back indoors ashamed orshyuntillthe newbornbabydied inside room? they didnotcome outuntil after days to announce the news evenwith d dead baby in d room!.it was d neibors who confronted mewhile i came visiting after some months in fct.such is life,so your reply is YES.IT DOES HAPPEN

Your friends were socially mal-adjusted. Introversion is simply an inward focus of attention.

Social skills are necessary to become a full-developed human being.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eben97: 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
GodHimself:

Your friends were socially mal-adjusted. Introversion is simply an inward focus of attention.

Social skills are necessary to become a full-developed human being.

YEA RIGHT,but do you notice that most of our youths and teenagers who claim intro are actually mal adjusted in character?their social skills is nearly zero!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eben97: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
What a privilege to Witness 2022 with all its Ups and downs ! I WANT TO SHOUT OUT A BIG BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023 to all my amazing Family Members here in d Introvert section.U all made d platform a success.May d Lord make this new year a super SUCCESSFUL &INTERESTING one for U and your Family.HAVE A GLORIOUS 2023 AHEAD.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treassured: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hello Lovelies.

Compliment of the Season.

I am trying to create a WhatsApp Group for Us so we can get to know each other, share Ideas, have fun and so on. You can buzz me on WhatsApp through the number on The Last Thread I created on my profile. Thanks.

You can also Quote me with your digits so I can add you and I'll then edit out your digits afterwards.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JOACHINpedro: 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2023
Happy world Introvert day
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WeirdChik: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2023
oga Abizz I want them please.
will you give me your number?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Abizz: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
WeirdChik:
oga Abizz I want them please.
will you give me your number?
Ok. I can't give out my number though.
Are you in Lagos? If yes, I hope you are ready to go to Ojota or Oshodi to meet whomever (driver) I send?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WeirdChik: 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
Abizz:

Ok. I can't give out my number though.
Are you in Lagos? If yes, I hope you are ready to go to Ojota or Oshodi to meet whomever (driver) I send?
i know i know. i stay in lagos and i don't mind. what is the way to go?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Abizz: 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
WeirdChik:

i know i know. i stay in lagos and i don't mind. what is the way to go?
On Wednesday (if you'll be chanced and if you can drop your number), I'll call you with the driver's number and you two would take it up from there.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WeirdChik: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
Abizz:

On Wednesday (if you'll be chanced and if you can drop your number), I'll call you with the driver's number and you two would take it up from there.
wednesday is okay sir and the arrangement is okay by me. my number is 070.39
pls don't quote it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Abizz: 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
WeirdChik:

pls don't quote it.
Okayy.
Till Wednesday.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WeirdChik: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
Abizz:

Okayy.
Till Wednesday.
thank you so much sir. i am grateful.
i will be waiting o.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Abizz: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Simplelife23.
You are even soliciting for 2k to save yourself from depression, how do you plan on paying for waybill which would cost you at least 5k? Even as you would still need to go to Ojota/Oshodi which would further cost you. Mind you, you aren't sending me the money or anything, you will directly need to pay the driver yourself. I just need you to be sure.
What does a man in dire need of 2k need 26" Ox fan for?
Just curious please.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SimpleLife23: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
Abizz:
Simplelife23.
You are even soliciting for 2k to save yourself from depression, how do you plan on paying for waybill which would cost you at least 5k? Even as you would still need to go to Ojota/Oshodi which would further cost you. Mind you, you aren't sending me the money or anything, you will directly need to pay the driver yourself. I just need you to be sure.
Just curious please.

Going to oshodi is no problem...

Where is ur location? West or South....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SimpleLife23: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2023
Abizz:
Simplelife23.
Just curious please.

Actually I am just swapping to a new room within my compound and my fan is spoilt...

So I can easily raise 5k for waybill with my room mate which happens to be my bro..

Pls i will be glad if you can send pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.