Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? (27070 Views)

Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? / Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by babybuzx(f): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
Y sepereate rooms? To me seperate rooms means living seperately. If i rejected a job outside my husband's base abd we share seperate rooms den it means am not thinking properly. Besides seperate rooms brings abt seperation in thinkin and views btw d two. If one of d couple develops an ill health @ nyt, how easy ll it be for d sick one to move from one room to d other? Wen u could simply tap d bed and ur spouse ll wake up. Abeg I no like seperate rooms ooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Maonyz(f): 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
OmoAlata1: separate room what if you woke up at 2am ho.rny? it really defeats the purpose of being married. I like 2am sexx, when you are half asleep, half awake. you always get the best orgassm

Separate rooms not separate streets. Open ur door, go to his room and that's even a surprise package. Kinda turn onn if u know warraimean *winkA

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Maonyz(f): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Smartsyn: One of my aunties was complaining to me that her hubby gave her a separate room in the new house they pack in recently, citing her having many clothes, shoes and other feminine accessories as the reason. She's arguing that as a young couple, they should be staying in one room.

When the issue came up as I was having a chat with her hubby, he maintained that the separate room is just for his wife to have room for her numerous accessories and that he sometimes need to be alone. He however said that the wife sleep in his room almost all nights and all what not.......

But should married couples have their separate rooms??

I love the idea of separate room. When we were in a smaller house, twas just one room but now, I have mine. Mine is all pinky and rosy and his is all maSculine and cozy. Have we ever slept separately? Nah. Even wen I decide to sleep alone, his midnight touch always wake me up, on my own bed in my own room. Lol. Its fun anyway

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by babamadiba(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
teeboo:

Lolz,Was just kidding,its not dat bad,even pple dat share same room ave more differences dan we do,its all about understanding,had to move 2 a separate room cos of cold,he loves his A/C on with fan, he has 2 switch dem off if we're to sleep in same room,didn't want to die of cold so I ran 4 my life.but dat doesn't stop us frm wink lipsrsealed
lol.. have fun den.
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by WinkWrld: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
Everyone in this world sometimes need a little private time. Separate room is a must. Evil is of the mind not of choice.
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by ezyness: 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
Capital NO
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Lilimax(f): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
luvablesam: Marriage isnt an institution that has a 'one rule fits all' kinda policy...Every family has what works for them...If your family would thrive by everyone having a separate room,so be it.If not,stay in a room...

Do what works for you.
Spot on bro!
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Lilimax(f): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
lonelydora: Not at all. She can have her separate room for her stuffs but we must sleep together in my own room.
Na so! This is what we practice smiley
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by luvablesam(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Lilimax: Spot on bro!

Had to say the truth
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by embassyman(m): 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
the answer is no
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by ChiFirstLady(f): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
OmoAlata1: separate room what if you woke up at 2am ho.rny? it really defeats the purpose of being married. I like 2am sexx, when you are half asleep, half awake. you always get the best orgassm
confirm babe,true talk
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by bukatyne(f): 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
@OP:

Same room, keep finding ways around clutter & junk

For those saying they want their privacy,

waking up, go to work, come back to cook & eat, watch tv/nairaland/surf the net, prepare for the next day...

When do you have enough time for each other talk more of wanting privacy?
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by jsunex(m): 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Don't see anything wrong avin a seperate room for numerous accessories for both partners bt lots are wrong with aving separate room to spend d nit.
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by asema646(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
seperate bedroom is ok.....sometimes men need to be alone
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Ajanacool(m): 12:20am On Jul 29, 2014
TRADELYN: grin

Two rooms OK.
However, they should always sleep together in any of them.
Lots of senses dey for ur point. I luv that_ as u acquire d new ones, let go d much older ones.
BTW, I hate seeing people acquiring too many new things (clothes, shoes, phones, cars, etc) and still retaining old ones (just wasting away)...why not give them out at discount or free
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by red101(f): 4:06am On Jul 29, 2014
each marriage is different and it all depends on the individual couple's needs.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by egopersonified(f): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2014
kanobi: ......handwork of poverty!!! .....#povertyisindeedadisease

sometimes I wonder why some people like to throw their problems or baggage on others on nl. Every other person would see this as sarcasm but only u waka come see am as poverty. Fyi, me and u no dey for the same category.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Even when I build a mansion with 5 rooms plus extra store, she sleeps nowhere else other than my room & on my bed...chikena!

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by simdam500(m): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2014
teeboo: Well,I don't see a big deal in it,we have a separate room it doesn't stop us frm having access 2 eachoda,though d room is linked together with a door in between. it even make it sweet wen am angry I lock d door behind "no entry" grin
cheesy
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by simdam500(m): 6:48am On Jul 31, 2014
timsbee: Seperate rooms is gud. But wen d guy is d type dat wil hide one omo Ale inside his closet,den e go be say na me allow am in d first plce.
omo ale loun loun...

Relax lady... Trust him enough never to do that
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by simdam500(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Me personally... Would want a separate room...
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by alpontif(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
Well, for me its simple. If I could prefer sleeping on the couch instead of a Proper bed Like all normal people do, I think I may have a bit of a hard time adjusting to sharing a bed ....on a continual basis...with a female.

While with the parent, I slept on the couch, I have slept in my room just 7 times in like 12 years..

Though I live alone now that I am working, and sleep on a Normal bed like everybody else..I am positive that when I finally settle down...a Couch will still be preferable to a bed.

This certainly complicates things for the wife....Not to even talk of sleeping in separate rooms.

My problem may be due to privacy issues..some people are like that...they want people around but get pissed off after a while if these people overstay..especially if private space is invaded, some people need very little space to themselves, which they do not feel comfortable sharing in the long run...this might be a complex or something...

In short, Sleeping in the same room, or in separate rooms does not solve privacy issues...in my own case, sleeping in separate rooms seems better..because I may likely be sleeping on the couch in any-case...

To prevent marital problems, I think Guys should just create their own man caves, where they can retreat to at any point in time, and then share the same bedroom with their wife....i.e if you are not an addicted couch sleeper like me...in which case any of the options make no difference.

I tend to ramble, but do you catch the drift of my gist?

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by egopersonified(f): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2014
Having separate rooms is a no no for me. With all the naked and half naked women everywhere, this is the only place I can let him see mine too. Sometimes when he is in the room, I pretend to look for stuff and walk around naked, so he can also have a mental picture of my unclothedness as well as those he sees on tv. Even while applying body cream after bathing, show yourself off, forget the big tummy or whatever, at least he knows he is no model too. No matter what he is doing, even if he is watching arsernal win the premier league (yea dream on), those eyes must roam. Quickies are your reward.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by vicoson(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2014
rozzay: . Haba! She has a point dere don't u know dat wen u r sleeping stretching ur hands nd touching bo obs or down dere facilitates d horniness but walking from one room to anoda. Urge go don disappear
You don't have to eat simply because food is available, that is gluttony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Sayyid Rejected By His Parents In Kano Is Stranded / My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / Who Owns Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.