Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** (2758 Views)

You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following / Only In Naija! See New Function Of Keke Napep (photo) / If You Grew Up In Mushin Put Your Hands Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2008
Uve gotten money from tha adults 4 dancin at a party.
Ur parents add “O? to tha end of every sentence: Shutup-O! Get me water-O!
U’ve been slapped 4 not greetin someone
U’ve gotten in trouble for giving an elder something wit ur left hand
U gotta call all tha older Nigerians u kno uncle or auntie even if they not related!
Ur parents talk HELLA loud on tha phone
There is always rice or fufu in ur house
Ur parents wanna call ur name but they call all ur siblings first b4 they get it rite!
A party starts at 6 and u sho up at 10
Uve had a family member stayin ova 4 HELLA long
When ur parents threaten to send u “back home? when u misbehave
U always have maggi cubes in ur house
If you know of anyone (including yourself) that has any of the following names: Ola, Sade, Bola, Tunji, Ngozi, Uche, Folake, Ifeoma, Tolu, Tunde, Obi, Chioma, Chituru, Chinyere, Adaobi, Nkemi, Onyi, Nneka, Bunmi or Fatima
If, names like Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Patience, Peace, Blessing, God's Will or Mercy sound pretty normal to you.
If, rice and stew just isn't the same without plantain (dodo)
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by studio43(m): 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
hisses in igbo lipsrsealed
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2008
COMMERCIALS:
Na eim i soak ma cloth inside new OMO,, i comot am, my cloth come dey smell new new saint saint na eim i just dey hear,
omo, omo
washes even brigter and it shows!!!!!!
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Bbeee: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2008
yuck!!!  lipsrsealed undecided
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2008
IF U SANG:

solomon grundy born on monday ,

SOME HAVE FOOD,
BUT CANNOT EAT
SOME CAN EAT, BUT HAVE NO FOOD
WE HAVE FOOD
AND WE CAN EAT
GLORY BE TO YOU OH LORD! AMEN!

The day is bright, it's bright and fair, oh happy day,

Are you in the Lord's army? yes sir!
Are you in the Lord's army? yes sir!
I will never steal from my mother's pot

Holiday is coming (2x)

"JUMBU MY SON I SENT U TO SCHOOL U DNT KNOW HOW TO SPELL UR NAME,, U DNT KNOW HOW TO SPELL UR NAME",
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by studio43(m): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2008
infobaba:

COMMERCIALS:
Na eim i soak ma cloth inside new OMO,, i comot am, my cloth come dey smell new new saint saint na eim i just dey hear,
omo, omo
washes even brigter and it shows!!!!!!

shocked cry  cry
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Bbeee: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2008
is info alright? lipsrsealed
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2008
Games:

There were two little black birds sitting on the wall, one named Peter, one named Paul, fly away Peter, fly away paul now come back two little black birds and sit on the wall.

who stole d meat from the cooking pot?number1 stole d meat from d cooking pot, who me? yes who? it couldn't be, then who?
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Bbeee: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2008
did u meet ur nursery school teacher? lipsrsealed
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by lysaa(f): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2008
Oh wicked wicked jokes Oooooh, look out! I'm falling! Oooooh! Ooooooh!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

grin  grin  grin  darl U're wickedly thrilling. Badly wholesome package.  kiss  kiss  kiss
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
for my lysaa kiss kiss kiss

cont.

when you screamed UP NEPA!!!!

u say "give me dis thing NOW" not exactly saying dat u want it that very moment but just to stress ur need for it,

u said let us play on the jangolova when u actually mean lets play on the swings or merry-go-round.

BREAKING TIME

FATHER CHRISTMAS

u said "NO OO!!!

Ojuju Calabar

Madam koinkoin,

if u see my mama-hosanna

dress/shift for her so she can sit down.

OYA,u guys should lap each other

wen GSM was still SHACKIN u

u believed in the 3 ORANGE MEN

banga, knockout

if u ever wore those socks with holes everywhere and u rolled them down, so it looked lyk a donut around your ankle

u always wanted to be on maltina moments during xmas time so u can be like "I want to make a request to my fada and my moda, alhaji and alhaji mukailah, my aunty iya ramota, my broda and my sista, rasaki and rukayat"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by lysaa(f): 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2008
fire down! kiss kiss
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by gentlefuck: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2008
i don talk am b4 sey d guy dey sick, mek una help am out, he is in nid of u guyz now.
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2008
FOOD/LICKY LICKY:
zobo and kunu,

fanta chapman, fanta lemon, mirinda

if u drank Just Juice, Jucee, Tandi Gurana,

agege bread and PURE WATER

Trebor, Malta, Eclairs

prawn crackers

solo coke, orobo coke, designer rice,

robot chewing gum, and sprint, kuli kuli, guguru and epa
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Mustay(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2008
WERRIN DO INFO TODAY?

YOUR WIFE DON BORN?
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by chamotex(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2008
infobaba:

1. U’ve been slapped 4 not greetin someone
U gotta call all tha older Nigerians u kno uncle or auntie even if they not related!
2. Ur parents talk HELLA loud on tha phone
There is always rice or fufu in ur house
Ur parents want to call ur name but they call all ur siblings first before they get it rite!
3. Uve had a family member stayin ova 4 HELLA long
If you know of anyone (including yourself) that has any of the following names: Ola, Sade, Bola, Tunji, Ngozi, Uche, Folake, Ifeoma, Tolu, Tunde, Obi, Chioma, Chituru, Chinyere, Adaobi, Nkemi, Onyi, Nneka, Bunmi or Fatima
If, names like Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Patience, Peace, Blessing, God's Will or Mercy sound pretty normal to you.

1. My mum will not hesitate to help u with that backhand slap

2. you can hear my mum speaking on the phone if u are on the 4th floor and she's on the ground floor

3. This uncle actually ended up living in the house (and he only came to visit o, just to say hello) Imagine!!!!
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2008
He he he  grin Nigeria don dey change o  embarassed

TV PROGRAMMES:

Super-story: Toyin tomato, etc

tales by moonlight

SPEAK OWWWUTTTT

CADBURY BREAKFAST TELEVISION,

Passions
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2008
chamotex:

1. My mum will not hesitate to help u with that backhand slap

2. you can hear my mum speaking on the phone if u are on the 4th floor and she's on the ground floor

3. This uncle actually ended up living in the house (and he only came to visit o, just to say hello) Imagine!!!!

ROFLMAO!
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by gentlefuck: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2008
faze don get broda 4 kolomental.
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
MEMORIES/TEXTS:
"Ali and Simbi"
"Eze goes to school"
"Ifeanyi and Obi"
"without a silver spoon

any story with tortoise and lion

my book of bible stories

UNDERSTANDING MATHEMATICS

MACMILLIAN ENGLISH

UGO C. UGO

C.N. OKPARA

NEW GENERAL MATHEMATICS

ABABIO

HIGHER EDUCATION
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2008
U’ve been slapped 4 not greetin someone
U gotta call all tha older Nigerians u kno uncle or auntie even if they not related![/b]Ur parents talk HELLA loud on tha phone
[b]There is always rice
or fufu in ur house
Ur parents want to call ur name but they call all ur siblings first before they get it rite!
Uve had a family member stayin ova 4 HELLA long

YES O!
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by MrInfo1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2008
ibkaye:

YES O!

hisses show must go on!

REMEMBA

This one is a classic and don't front! Who remembers wrapping ur notebooks or textbook with calenders? Especially those fly looking ones from Cadbury or Smithkline Beecham. Yo I know I did that one well well and if d calender was looking old and raggedy after a while, u turn it upside down to re-use it, lol

This one is a mega classic, u know how Biro has numbers on it, say, QE-47 or KL-23 and u cram d numbers on it, even if u stole it, lol! Or d shock on our faces when urs got d same number has mine! Oh d nerve! Or after stealing a pen, u scratch d numbers on d floor so d owner doesn't know. Or the "smart" ones writing their names on paper and puttin it in d plastic casing. Oh d good ol' days!

frog jump; touch ur toes; ride okada and make d sound; push d bus; kneel down, raise up ur hands, close ur eyes and open ur mouth
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Bbeee: 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2008
I love dat UGO C UGO BOOK, expercially dat vocational apptitude part  cheesy
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
infobaba:

hisses show must go on!

hiiisssss, bad belle angry
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Mustay(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2008
EEYAH

My pikin ibk no read Ali and Simbi o!

Abeg, where u fit see am for her to read?
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by dreday(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2008
info,
Ow far nah?This one u're taking a trip down memory lane,i hope you're not getting senile.You still young 'OOOOOOOOO'
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Bbeee: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2008
Mustay:

EEYAH

chima get for him shop for underbridge grin
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by janami(f): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
lol. i hated ugo c ugo cos it was always hand me down, by the time it got to my turn, back and front wld be missing.

rice was reserved for xmas or birthdays and sundays

during birthday parties, i used to dig it out with "ijo yoyo" or "fuji cabbage" or running man just to get money slapped on my fore head

if an elder gave money n it wasnt shown to my mum, hmm  .   .   . wahala

plenty uncles and cousins used to just drop by out of the blue and smhow end up stayin years. na wa.

i used to sing John bull my son in "kiddies show time" at ltv then, wen my aunt wld smuggle me and my junior bro into the studio

breaking time was a great pleasure for me grin
na me dey shout "Breaking time" pass cool

"Gbomo gbomo" was the rave of the moment then for ritual killers tongue we girls used to go about holding our breasts like there was anything there so when the kidnappers come, they wnt hit us on our chest and make  our breast disappear as we heard they used to do

i also remember brownie uniform and girls scout cheesy
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2008
Mustay:

EEYAH

Buahahahahahaha, wo enu e, i go read am cool
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by ituen(m): 3:42am On Oct 14, 2008
[size=16pt]YOU ROCK INFOBABA!!!!!

YOU TOOK ME DOWN MEMORY LANE.

MOST OF THE EARLIER REPLIES WOULDNT UNDERSTAND. ALL OF THEM NA YR 2000 AND ABOVE ACHILDREN
[/size]
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by Okijajuju1(m): 3:48am On Oct 14, 2008
O My gosh
Re: ** You Know You Grew Up In Naija Hoodies If U Rmbr This** by TOYOSI20(f): 3:50am On Oct 14, 2008
Yeah. . . . . . . . . . what can I say u rock, I'm loving this . . . . . .

Can't stop smiling grin cheesy wink smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Chat Between A Smart Guy And A Smart Girl....who Smart Pass?? / When She Claims To Get Pregnant By Accident (photo) / You Can't Get Into Her Panties Until You Change Your Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.