Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. (707 Views)

My Site Has Been Hacked !!!!!!!!! Help Ooooooo / My Wapka Site Has More Functions Than Nairaland And Your Website / HELP! My Site Has Just Been HACK3D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by ediko5(m): 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hello,
I just open my site www.crossbearerevangelicalministry.com and when i entered other pages outside the home page, some images covers the header section of the site and also the width of the is expanded and there are other contents in the expanded width area of the site. It seems a harmful website is trying to cover the site. My anti-virus alerts me of a threat each time i open the site.

Please how can i solve this problem.
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
The homepage(ie index.html) of urs was edited by the hackers, just delete it completely cos sure it has a trojan attached (index.html.exe). Also, delete ur htaccess file and put the original one because extra codes may have been injected there by the hackers. Restore your database earlier backup if any and empty current tables incase password was infiltrated. Host your database elsewhere ie use external database to make it unreachable to hackers. Scan or search your document root(folder public_html/www) - for any .exe file. It would certainly be the virus, delete it or send an email to your webhosting service provider for an assistance. Thank you
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by ediko5(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Thank you very much @dexmundo, i am very grateful.
Can it be that this hacking is due to the negligence of my hosting company?
and please how can i host my database using external database?
Thanks. ( Pls I Will Like To Follow You On Social Media)
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by Simpsonrocket(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
ediko5: Thank you very much @dexmundo, i am very grateful.
Can it be that this hacking is due to the negligence of my hosting company?
and please how can i host my database using external database?
Thanks. ( Pls I Will Like To Follow You On Social Media)

me too i will love to follow you on facebook. I like your vision for Christ. I'd love to join in sharing the Gospel. My fb profile is www.fb.com/simpsonworld
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
There has been some loophole with openssl which hackers have taken advantage of in recent times to attack many https sites. Because your files are stored with your hosting provider in their computer, they are to blame for not providing enough security. However, a generally acceptable prevention technique is to change your hosting provider- use a more secure and reliable one even if costlier. Ensure they do auto backup of your files daily. To make life hard for even a successful hacker, It is also possible to host file in one computer and register your domain in another. Even if they break into the host they find nothing cos its just a pointer. Big sites like ebay have succeeded many hacking attempts by hiding files and databases in different computers plus frequent backup to external computers. Meet me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/dexmundo, 07067064993
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by ediko5(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
Simpsonrocket:

me too i will love to follow you on facebook. I like your vision for Christ. I'd love to join in sharing the Gospel. My fb profile is www.fb.com/simpsonworld

Thanks For That. I love to spread the true word of God That's why i built the website for the ministry.
I am not the person in charge of the ministry.

You can add me up @ https://www.facebook.com/edikan.vic

Tanx.
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by ediko5(m): 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
dexmundo: There has been some loophole with openssl which hackers have taken advantage of in recent times to attack many https sites. Because your files are stored with your hosting provider in their computer, they are to blame for not providing enough security. However, a generally acceptable prevention technique is to change your hosting provider- use a more secure and reliable one even if costlier. Ensure they do auto backup of your files daily. To make life hard for even a successful hacker, It is also possible to host file in one computer and register your domain in another. Even if they break into the host they find nothing cos its just a pointer. Big sites like ebay have succeeded many hacking attempts by hiding files and databases in different computers plus frequent backup to external computers. Meet me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/dexmundo, 07067064993

Dexmundo, thanks alot for ur advice, i have contacted my web host mochahost.com and they were trying to shield themselves by telling me it's not their fault.

I tried adding you but the only option available was "follow" so please can u add me @ https://www.facebook.com/edikan.vic

Thanks
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by webincomeplus(m): 2:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Aha, the only time I ever got my blog hacked was when I was using this same Mochahost. Now, I can conclude that they are quite vulnerable. I've since moved to Hostgator and have since had no issues.
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by ediko5(m): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
webincomeplus: Aha, the only time I ever got my blog hacked was when I was using this same Mochahost. Now, I can conclude that they are quite vulnerable. I've since moved to Hostgator and have since had no issues.

Hmm. Then i am in a big mess cos i have many sites hosted in that same account
Re: Webmasters Pls Help, My Site Has Been Harmed. by WebHostingPal: 1:46am On Jul 28, 2014
ediko5: Hello,
I just open my site www.crossbearerevangelicalministry.com and when i entered other pages outside the home page, some images covers the header section of the site and also the width of the is expanded and there are other contents in the expanded width area of the site. It seems a harmful website is trying to cover the site. My anti-virus alerts me of a threat each time i open the site.

Please how can i solve this problem.

The thing is that any site can be hacked... not necessarily the fault of the web host, it could be as a result of a customer using a malicious script as well... However, the willingness of a webhost to address the issue as soon as they were informed is paramount.

Hope you resolve this as soon as you can. In between, why use foreign host when you can host here in Nigeria ? foreign web hosting companies are not better you know ? Checkout http://www.hostnigeria.com.ng for an ultimate web hosting experience.

(1) (Reply)

Didyouknow You Can Order Vehicles Online From The USA On Carporter.com / I Need Spc3 #ASAP / Wordpress Free Lancer Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.