Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr (12690 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 27, 2014
Happy Eid Ul Filtr to U all....
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by akanbiaa(m): 6:35am On Jul 27, 2014
condralbede: Ramadan Mubarak to all all my frnds in Maiduguri and NL at large....Enjoy!BH abeg make una atleast try keep off bomb for once.
they are not Muslims, they just claim to be Muslims and they are just a project with evil aims designed by evil people and the only way to fight them successfully and win is for Nigerians to be truly united and overcome tribal,religious and cultural sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by teamup: 6:35am On Jul 27, 2014
thank God
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Yungmilio2(m): 6:35am On Jul 27, 2014
Austindark: today na today....
I must chop ram like dieeeeee

oya make una wait make I first adjust my cap na
lol badt guy
you better go church..
some bar and restaurants go dey happy say market go start dey move back shaparly
jolie things
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Godfullsam(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Happy Eid Ul Filtr to all the good muslims

1 Like

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Yungmilio2(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2014
damibravo: Thank God....

I can now start flirting with my 'Alhajas' friends
Olosho
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Yungmilio2(m): 6:38am On Jul 27, 2014
condralbede: Ramadan Mubarak to all all my frnds in Maiduguri and NL at large....Enjoy!BH abeg make una atleast try keep off bomb for once.
ahbi of
make them pity us
sha God go punish all. them.
He will surely expose them with our looters too
but I still never believe say Osama is dead
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by omona10: 6:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Aregbesola As A DESPOTIC RULER - Politics www.nairaland.com/1830717/aregbesola-despotic-ruler
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by only1God: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2014
MOON HAS NOT BEEN SIGHTED OOO.....FASTING CONTINUES TODAY

“… Any information on sighting the crescent (of Shawwal) should be conveyed to the National Moonsighting Committee so that the President-General of the NSCIA, His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, may pronounce the end of fasting,” Mr. Oloyede had said.

“It is an indisputable fact that the old (Ramadan) moon will set just before sunset in Nigeria on Saturday, 26 th of July 2014. The new astronomic moon would be born few minutes before midnight of that Saturday.

“Consequently, the search for Shawwal moon is on Sunday 27th of July 2014. It can be sighted in Nigeria on SUNDAY with optical instruments or with some difficulties with naked eyes. Any claim of sighting a moon that is yet to be born is not only false, mistaken or impossible but also ridiculous.”

The sultan is said to have approved that statement.

PREMIUM TIMES also consulted popular moonlighting website, www.moonsighting.com, which compiles reports of moonsighting all over the world.

In a detailed report Sunday morning, the website said: “Moon is not possible to be seen anywhere in the world” on Saturday, July 26

“Moon is not expected to be seen in almost the whole world except with difficulty in South America, and with ease in Polynesian Islands, where there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. There is small possibility in South Africa but only experienced observers may see it.”

It added, “The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday July 26, 2014 at 22:42 UT. There is no possibility of moonsighting on that day. On July 27, the moon can be seen with difficulty in South America, but can easily be seen in Polynesian Islands. However, there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. On July 28, the moon can easily be seen in almost the whole world, except Northern Asia and Europe.”

Also, a Nigerian and member of the Moonsighting Committee Worldwide [MCW], Kareem Isa, from the Kado estate mosque area of Abuja, was quoted as reporting not sighting the moon.

“It is Ramadan 29 today in Nigeria. It was partly clooudy, and I tried from 19:00 to 19:20 local time,” Mr. Isa was quoted as saying.

The same kind of confusion now trailing the end of Ramadan in the country also marked the commencement of the holy month in late June, with miscommunication within the NSCIA itself.

The Council later apologised for the situation and promised Muslims in the country that it would work hard to avoid a repeat.

“It is in this respect that the NSCIA wishes to remind all Muslims who know, and notify those who do not, that there is an established structure for moon-sighting in Nigeria,” Mr. Oloyede had said in a statement.

“Due to its significance and technicalities, the Council has a National Moonsighting Committee under the leadership of an expert. The Committee is equipped with necessary equipment and technological gadgets that are relevant to the discharge of its assignment.”

Sultan Sa’ad has now announced the end of Ramadan and the beginning of Shawwal without recourse to the committee

Source.....premium times

1 Like

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by jhydebaba(m): 6:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Finally, we can now open our mouth cheesy all the beer that have been in prison for the past one month can now receive their release.

We go drink like kokanaye.
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by iliasaa(m): 6:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Dawdy: I'm still fasting, Eid tomorrow In Shaa Allah!
when u hear that the moon has been sighted it better for you not to observe any fast. pls my brother , Ramadan has ended for this year, may Allah accept it from us as an act of ibadah
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Samoneo(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Eid Mubaraq to my faithful Muslims. May Allah accept it as an act of ibadah nd may He not make it as حج against us... آمين
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Zahrabinnta(f): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Eid Mubarak!!,may Allah accept our act of ibadah and make Aljanah our final abode
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by baruten67(m): 6:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Thank God. every thing with beginning most has END bye bye RAMADAN
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Ptoocool(m): 6:54am On Jul 27, 2014
djaybaba: I love public holidays!

Tut ah was d only 1 when it comes to public holidays..
Imaqine FRI-TUESDAY..
Itz qon be lonq days..
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by ramdris(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2014
May Allah accept our fasting as an act of ibadah
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by oyatmicah(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2014
kolykoldy: Oh,good....so at last I fit fvck this girl..what more can make me happy....if you see this girl.....She carry front,she carry back,she too package,but ramadan aiin't being helping....The time is now.....make I come from church first....

2 Likes

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by haykayforreal(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2014
adebayor1490: Halleluyah

are u sure u're sane?
coz i dnt see any sign of sanity in ur words
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by AfroBlue(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2014
already posted ... the link

Controversy in Nigeria over sighting of new moon to mark end of Ramadan

July 27, 2014Featured News, NewsPremium Times
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/165631-controversy-in-nigeria-over-sighting-of-new-moon-to-mark-end-of-ramadan.html#sthash.5UfNsgZs.dpuf

PREMIUM TIMES also consulted popular moonlighting website, www.moonsighting.com, which compiles reports of moonsighting all over the world.

In a detailed report Sunday morning, the website said: “Moon is not possible to be seen anywhere in the world” on Saturday, July 26.

“Moon is not expected to be seen in almost the whole world except with difficulty in South America, and with ease in Polynesian Islands, where there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. There is small possibility in South Africa but only experienced observers may see it.”

It added, “The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday July 26, 2014 at 22:42 UT. There is no possibility of moonsighting on that day. On July 27, the moon can be seen with difficulty in South America, but can easily be seen in Polynesian Islands. However, there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. On July 28, the moon can easily be seen in almost the whole world, except Northern Asia and Europe.”

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Walexz02(m): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2014
Alhamdulillah! Hapi Eid-fitr. cool
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by koredey(m): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Alhamdulillah; may allah accept our supplication.. And grant us paradise as reward. Amin..
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Bsmartt(m): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Happy Eid-il-fitri celebration to all the Nairalanders......... Barka de Sallah
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2014
Austindark: today na today....
I must chop ram like dieeeeee

oya make una wait make I first adjust my cap na
this ed-del fitr is not for killing rams, wait for few more months
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 27, 2014
kennygee: Ramadan Mubarak to all our Muslim brothers . May the peace of God reign in our hearts and our country.
Sisters nko? #genderthings
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2014
Eid Mubarak to all my fellow muslim bros and sisters. May Allah accept our fasting as an act of ibadah and reward us all with Aljana firdaos.. Amin.

More ramadan/eid memes here.

1 Like

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2014
Zahrabinnta: Eid Mubarak!!,may Allah accept our act of ibadah and make Aljanah our final abode
amin, Sis
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Barka da Sallah
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by koredey(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2014
[i][/i][color=#006600][/color]O ALLAH! we have done our best,make our best enough to deserve ur reward;spare our lives and give us good health to witness and worship in another Ramadan. Give us sustenance from that which is pure,the spirit of contentment & character of gratefulness,modesty & wisdom. Make us better as you prolong our lives & protect us from that which is harmful. Amin. Eid Mubarak!!! Taqaballalahu Minna waminkun!!!
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Eid is tomorrow in my hometown and state.

Happy eid in advance to me, my families and my Muslim brothers and sisters in islam
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by capip120(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2014
I hear say sallah no be today abeg na true? me want to chop rice oh?!
Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by koredey(m): 7:23am On Jul 27, 2014
O ALLAH! we have done our best,make our best enough to deserve ur reward;spare our lives and give us good health to witness and worship in another Ramadan. Give us sustenance from that which is pure,the spirit of contentment & character of gratefulness,modesty & wisdom. Make us better as you prolong our lives & protect us from that which is harmful. Amin. Eid Mubarak!!! Taqaballalahu Minna waminkun!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2014
On Eid ul-Fitr, wish a joyous celebration and showers of Allah’s blessings. Eid Mubarak

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Permissible To Wear The Mask Instead Of The Niqab? / NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.