Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Dido Or Enya - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dido Or Enya (5841 Views)

People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? / Is Enya's Music Satanic???? / Enya's Music Is Satanic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dido Or Enya by Oracle(m): 1:25am On Jul 20, 2006
I don't need to speak much grammar, Who do you prefer?

Re: Dido Or Enya by shawna(f): 1:27am On Jul 20, 2006
dont know either of them
Re: Dido Or Enya by gigitte(f): 1:47am On Jul 20, 2006
lol how can you compare dido to enya?
they don't do the same kind of music, so what is the  basis of comparison?

anyway enya is a group so i don't know,

i like both sha
Re: Dido Or Enya by Oracle(m): 2:11am On Jul 20, 2006
gigitte:

anyway enya is a group so i don't know,

i like both sha
enya is a group?
I'm hearing that for the first time
you got to prove it coz the ENYA i know is a woman

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by ikamefa(f): 2:35am On Jul 20, 2006
enya anyday any time i love her songs

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by diddy4(m): 3:34am On Jul 20, 2006
u cant compare both of them. enya is better and greater. u cant even compare yanni and dido.

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by Txlonghorn(m): 3:37am On Jul 20, 2006
I can't stand either of them I hate all that new age crappy music we used to listen to in college.
Re: Dido Or Enya by Oracle(m): 3:50am On Jul 20, 2006
Longhorn
everybody's got the right to decide so make your choice
Re: Dido Or Enya by Txlonghorn(m): 4:09am On Jul 20, 2006
Ok I'll pick dido,
Re: Dido Or Enya by Oracle(m): 4:14am On Jul 20, 2006
good
Re: Dido Or Enya by iice(f): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2006
No one beats enya, besides they do different genre of music, mind you enya's the most successful selling artist in her genre and her music has been proven 2 be relaxing, thats a fact, its been tested lol, some years back i was watching the world music awards, she was singing 'Only Time' and i saw Nelly's face, the dude was almost crying, i tell ye i was rollin over in stitches, cudnt stop laughing LMAO. I do like Dido but Enya reigns supreme!

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by gigitte(f): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2006
i like both of them as i said before and if i had to pick, perhaps id go with enya
Oracle:

enya is a group?
I'm hearing that for the first time
you got to prove it because the ENYA i know is a woman

well you can also consider enya a woman if you like. but its usually more appropriate to refer to them as a group first because enya is not her real name, its just an anglicised form of her actual name eithne . furthermore you will agree with me that very instrumental in her music are the lyrics, the music, the production etc. and this is what the group enya is all about if you please. not only eithnne who performs and composes the music but the two others who write the lyrics and produce the album

but yeah a lot of ppl do consider enya a woman. so i guess theres two of them, enya the woman and enya the group!
Re: Dido Or Enya by Oracle(m): 3:09am On Jul 22, 2006
gigitte:

i like both of them as i said before and if i had to pick, perhaps id go with enya
well you can also consider enya a woman if you like. but its usually more appropriate to refer to them as a group first because enya is not her real name, its just an anglicised form of her actual name eithne . furthermore you will agree with me that very instrumental in her music are the lyrics, the music, the production etc. and this is what the group enya is all about if you please. not only eithnne who performs and composes the music but the two others who write the lyrics and produce the album

but yeah a lot of people do consider enya a woman. so i guess theres two of them, enya the woman and enya the group!

Enya's birth name is Eithne Ní Bhraonáin born May 17, 1961.
the group you're talking about is Enya herself, who composes and performs the music; Nicky Ryan, who produces the albums, and Roma Ryan, who writes the lyrics in various languages.
the remaining two do the studio work and i believe every artiste has a producer and someone who writes lyrics.
so i don't wanna agree with the group stuff coz enya is the artiste besides Enya is an approximate transcription of how Eithne is pronounced in her native Irish.

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by ikamefa(f): 4:11am On Jul 22, 2006
she is pretty, such an angelic face

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by gigitte(f): 6:24am On Jul 22, 2006
so oracle, what did you say that i didnt say?

i said enya is the anglicised form of eithne which is basically the same thing you have said

a lot artistes write or co-write their own lyrics. i believe you can refer to enya as a group b/c she's has worked with these same ppl from beginning to the end, most artistes do NOT do this, note i didnt say a band, i just said a group, those ppl are part and parcel of enya's success. but your opinion is yours. run with it
Re: Dido Or Enya by eveseh(f): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2006
Dido for life
Re: Dido Or Enya by georgee(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2006
Enya 4 life,i never knew she sang that soundtrack in robin hood

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by Christino(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2006
Both of em, i luv em both man, but Enya is surely way way beyond.

I hear someone said Yanni Vs. Dido, You can't even compare Yanni Vs. Enya. Yanni is something else, out of this world. You can compare him with them great oldies.

YANNI is da bomb.
Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2006
they sing diff kind of music 'alone' not a group. enya's songs are mostly used for soundtrack in movies. i like dem both. can't choose
Re: Dido Or Enya by Oracle(m): 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2006
gigitte:

so oracle, what did you say that i didnt say?

i said enya is the anglicised form of eithne which is basically the same thing you have said

a lot artistes write or co-write their own lyrics. i believe you can refer to enya as a group b/c she's has worked with these same people from beginning to the end, most artistes do NOT do this, note i didnt say a band, i just said a group, those people are part and parcel of enya's success. but your opinion is yours. run with it
i get your point anyway, but itz like saying 2face and kennis music is a group.
the good thing is that they've been together from beginning till now.
all credit is mostly given to the artistes and not producers or lyricists i hope that word is correct
When someone listens to a song the first person that comes to mind is the singer, so itz a bit inappropraite to list her studio guys.
they're doing a great job anyway
Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2006
lol enya a group (as in enya, her guitarists,bla bla bla??) nahh man
enya's enya!

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by WesleyanA(f): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2006
Dido.

iice:

, some years back i was watching the world music awards, she was singing 'Only Time' and i saw Nelly's face, the dude was almost crying, i tell ye i was rollin over in stitches, cudnt stop laughing LMAO. I do like Dido but Enya reigns supreme!

That happened at my graduation. At first not many people were crying and then they played Enya's "Only Time" then almost everyone was crying. . . including me!

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2006
yeah .Enya's songs are dramatic! so sad!
check out MAY IT BE-LORD OF THE RINGS
Re: Dido Or Enya by iice(f): 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2006
@WesleyanA, awww i feel u, its moving
@kellorah, that's like one of ma favs of hers, althou i have all her albums tongue
Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2006
i haven't got the recent one though but i've got the rest
Re: Dido Or Enya by gigitte(f): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2006
kennis music works with loads of other ppl and is a music label

but we have agreed to disagree, not so?
Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2006
?
Re: Dido Or Enya by bluenubian(f): 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2006
damn i love both of em, but doctors say enya's music cures stress and depression, so i go with enya wink

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2006
bluenubian:

but doctors say enya's music cures stress and depression
wow!!!!
it helps me relax when i'm stressed.ENYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Re: Dido Or Enya by Christino(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2006
My fave Enya track is "a day without rain" I have all her albums. ALL, including the DULL ones too.

My fave Dido track is "Mary's in India".

My fave Yanni Track of course is "Aria".
Re: Dido Or Enya by kellorah: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2006
we're talkin 'bout enya not yanni. yanni's excellent though
Re: Dido Or Enya by nilla(f): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2006
I love both of them, but i think I'd choose Enya over Dido.

love "May it be"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Timaya : Gift & Grace / Download Imagine Dragons – Next To Me / Best Of Mohbad Songs DJ Mix 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.