Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

. - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (28064 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by arukwe123(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
not beeps but noises. I think it is inside the cpu
Re: . by arukwe123(m): 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
onegig:

Your keyboard. Change it
Also it would be good to know how many beeps
not beeps but noises. I think it is inside the CPU
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
arukwe123:

not beeps but noises. I think it is inside the CPU

What kind of noise?

Fan ruffling or cranking?
Re: . by arukwe123(m): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
onegig:

What kind of noise?

Fan ruffling or cranking?
yeah. fan ruffling
Re: . by Eze2000(m): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
onegig:

Would get back to you. But it wont be new but i can give assurance of durable and long lasting use.
As long as its neat in condition, 17 inch screen, above 200 GB HDD, at least 2 GB ram, WiFi, Bluetooth, webcam, DVD ROM, OS windows 8 or better, durable battery life.....I am very interested. These are the most important characteristics I need as writer with bad sight.
And of cause problem free.
Re: . by Yinkah15: 12:46am On Jun 30, 2015
I want to replace the damaged screen of my laptop acer e1-531. Please I would like to know the cost
Re: . by onegig(m): 4:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Yinkah15:
I want to replace the damaged screen of my laptop acer e1-531. Please I would like to know the cost
Re: . by onegig(m): 4:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Eze2000:

As long as its neat in condition, 17 inch screen, above 200 GB HDD, at least 2 GB ram, WiFi, Bluetooth, webcam, DVD ROM, OS windows 8 or better, durable battery life.....I am very interested. These are the most important characteristics I need as writer with bad sight.
And of cause problem free.
no problem.
Re: . by Yinkah15: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2015
@onegig please hw can we meet?
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:51am On Jun 30, 2015
Yinkah15:
@onegig please hw can we meet?
call the number on the first page. I hope you are in Lagos. This is restricted to Lagos alone.
Re: . by Eze2000(m): 9:21am On Jun 30, 2015
onegig:
no problem.
Tanx, hope to hear from u soon.
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
Eze2000:
Tanx, hope to hear from u soon.
Sent you a mail.
Re: . by Eze2000(m): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
onegig:

Sent you a mail.
I just replied your e-mail access request. sorry for the delay.
Re: . by onegig(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Eze2000:
I just replied your e-mail access request. sorry for the delay.
I didn't get the response.
Just send me a message again.
Re: . by Eze2000(m): 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
onegig:

I didn't get the response.

Just send me a message again.
I just got info of failed mail delivery. Apparently the Nairaland sever rejected my mail for some reason, maybe I dismissed the mail on the site to quickly b4 my reply e-mail reached the server.
This is my e-mail - eze21eke@gmail.com
Thanks for being patient.
Re: . by June24th: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
onegig:
no problem.
Hello sir, I just got this laptop as second hand few days ago but it developed a screen fault. I turned it on, I heard the welcome sound but the screen is blank (except u look deep into it, u might see a bit of what's in it).. I asked the seller and he told me it's a RAM problem, he told me to clean the RAM nd place it back that it's going to work fine, this I did but to no avail as nothing is still showing just the power lights...
Pls, wats ur opinion on this
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
June24th:

Hello sir, I just got this laptop as second hand few days ago but it developed a screen fault. I turned it on, I heard the welcome sound but the screen is blank (except u look deep into it, u might see a bit of what's in it).. I asked the seller and he told me it's a RAM problem, he told me to clean the RAM nd place it back that it's going to work fine, this I did but to no avail as nothing is still showing just the power lights...
Pls, wats ur opinion on this

Ram?
That's wrong. Not ram. Just take it to him to fix since you just bought it. Never agree to go fishing for a solution on your own if the system was just bought recently. It is either the screen is bad or something else and the seller is duty bound to be the one to sort it out.

Never the ram Also, what is the model?
Re: . by June24th: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
onegig:

Ram?
That's wrong. Not ram. Just take it to him to fix since you just bought it. Never agree to go fishing for a solution on your own if the system was just bought recently. It is either the screen is bad or something else and the seller is duty bound to be the one to sort it out.

Never the ram Also, what is the model?
I'm so confused too, don't know much abt laptops but the ppl I showed d laptop to confirmed that it can't be related to the RAM.
I'm just going to go back to the seller (so sad he's also a nairalander nd I bought it through his advert on his thread)..
It's a Toshiba product though
Re: . by Cvesta(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
What could be wrong sir? Hp mini gets hot underneath even when switched off..
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cvesta:
What could be wrong sir? Hp mini gets hot underneath even when switched off..

After how many minutes when switched off?

Except if it is running in the background, I can't fathom why it would get hot even after being switched off.

Care to remove the battery after you have switched it off and see if same happens?
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
June24th:

I'm so confused too, don't know much abt laptops but the ppl I showed d laptop to confirmed that it can't be related to the RAM.
I'm just going to go back to the seller (so sad he's also a nairalander nd I bought it through his advert on his thread)..
It's a Toshiba product though

Just take it to him. Its not like the system is bad. Just need to be fixed. Good luck
Re: . by Cvesta(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
onegig:

Except if it is running in the background, I can't fathom why it would get hot even after being switched off.

Care to remove the battery after you have switched it off and see if same happens?
Long after being shut off it stays hot..unlike other laptops...2ports see uSb device but dont read themhavent tried removing battery...what could be wrong
Re: . by Cvesta(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
onegig:

Long after being shut off it stays hot..unlike other laptops...2ports see uSb device but dont read them..haven't tried removing battery...what could be wrong
Re: . by June24th: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
onegig:

Just take it to him. Its not like the system is bad. Just need to be fixed. Good luck
He has fixed it already, it was really a ram problem actually.. the ram is 4gigs but it is partitioned (2gigs each).. one of the pair wasn't fixed tightly.. when I gave it to him, in my presence he just removed the two rams nd put them again, just d first one he put and turned d laptop on, it started working
Re: . by onegig(m): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
June24th:

He has fixed it already, it was really a ram problem actually.. the ram is 4gigs but it is partitioned (2gigs each).. one of the pair wasn't fixed tightly.. when I gave it to him, in my presence he just removed the two rams nd put them again, just d first one he put and turned d laptop on, it started working
Glad to hear that but I am still suprised the ram would cause that.
Re: . by ZainabOO(f): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hello, my touchpad is not working at all and my screen is also bad. Please I need you to help me fix it. Also I want to buy a new keyboard. My laptop is hp2000. And your number is not on the front page too. How much is that all together
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
ZainabOO:
Hello, my touchpad is not working at all and my screen is also bad. Please I need you to help me fix it. Also I want to buy a new keyboard. My laptop is hp2000. And your number is not on the front page too. How much is that all together

Sent you a pm. Thanks
Re: . by cmonek(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice job Op, my wireless driver sees any wireless connection available but cant just connect. I updated the system drivers, hoping that could be the case but up till now, no show..Please how do I rectify this bro. Thanks
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2015
ZainabOO:

Also , just to prepare your mind. The screen is a 15.6 inch and would cost 12k to replace.

Keyboard ranges from 3k5 to 5k depends on what exact model of the hp 2000 you have.

As for the touchpad. I can't actually say a specific price until I have checked it and ascertain what the problem is. Might just be updating the driver or cleaning it.
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2015
cmonek:
Nice job Op, my wireless driver sees any wireless connection available but cant just connect. I updated the system drivers, hoping that could be the case but up till now, no show..Please how do I rectify this bro. Thanks

What response do you get when you connect?

You might have too many on the list. Go to network and sharing center-select the wireless adapter and connections. Delete some of those connections you have. Also check adapter properties and make sure there are no custom IP settings. How do you do that? select the adapter, go to its properties, ipv4 and set everything to automatic or dynamic.

Also disable your antivirus and try and connect. You may have firewall blocking such networks from connecting. Good luck
Re: . by bolaji3071(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
Please@op my Laptop speaker(s) got bust when i was watching a movie with my laptop. It is Dell Vostro 1440. Also i want to change the laptop keyboard. Op pls like how much will everything cost me.
Re: . by cmonek(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
onegig:

What response do you get when you connect?

You might have too many on the list. Go to network and sharing center-select the wireless adapter and connections. Delete some of those connections you have. Also check adapter properties and make sure there are no custom IP settings. How do you do that? select the adapter, go to its properties, ipv4 and set everything to automatic or dynamic.

Also disable your antivirus and try and connect. You may have firewall blocking such networks from connecting. Good luck
Thanks. Will try that out soonest. Lemme see if it will work. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) / Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.