Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,102 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities (746 Views)

Nairalander Takes Own Life Over Tonto Dike / Tanker Driver That Saves Life And Property Risking His Own Life / Is Time To Take My Own Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by lottoe(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Today wizkid did this, tomorrow Tania did this, ystday Davido said this, tomorrow Don jazzy said.....why cant we just get our own life, so annoying Celebrities are now been seen as God, some people's life are burning daily, yet they are not focusing on their own life......young peeps of nowsday, even respect Davido pass God their maker....am i the only one noticing this trends...?

1 Like

Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by sCross: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
No you're not. It's a whole lot easier to follow a path than to forge yours; that's the possible reason why they follow sheepishly.

I won't be surprised if you get labelled a hater because of your post.

1 Like

Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chai grin
Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by Dclique(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
^thank you for raising topic. I don't understand why celebs are worship'd. Our dear country is in trouble and all we hear is wizkid this. . . And tiwa savage that.
God help us

1 Like

Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by lottoe(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
sCross: No you're not. It's a whole lot easier to follow a path than to forge yours; that's the possible reason why they follow sheepishly.

I won't be surprised if you get labelled a hater because of your post.
You are very right bro...
Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by Tallesty1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
I tell you bro, I really don't understand why people are obsessed with celebrities, is not like I hate them or something but people should just mind their own business and stop monitoring them. It is gone so bad that celebs in a sense are some people's new gods. They dress, walk, and act like their fav celebs. They fantasize that their lives could become like theirs.

2 Likes

Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by lottoe(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Dclique: ^thank you for raising topic. I don't understand why celebs are worship'd. Our dear country is in trouble and all we hear is wizkid this. . . And tiwa savage that.
God help us
and is not that this celebrities are contributing anything to the development of this world....you see MTN signing 30million contract with them, for not doing anything.....those trying all their best to make this world better are not even been noticed....we are indeed in the end times lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by Noah13: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tell those who loves to create an hype over celebrity gossip. They've really got to get a life.

1 Like

Re: People Should Get Their Own Life And Stop Following Updates About Celebrities by Mrval20(m): 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nice topic.
I was once a victim of this too, not that I worshipped but I always craved to hear latest news about them, what they're up to... Even trying to find out what they ate when I haven't taken anything myself for the day.
This is the case with so many people but I think maturity will handle it, just like it did mine.
It's normal to follow celebrities though but everything should have a limit.

Ask most kids and they'd tell you they want to be like one artiste or footballer when they grow up... I blame the media for this part.
Ask yourself, how many quiz/maths competitions do you hear about these days compared to the number of music talent hunts and movie auditions conducted all over the country? They're trying to make us think the only people with genuine "talent" are musicians, actors, footballers etc.

If you're a parent, please filter what your kids listen to and watch on the television.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome & His Wife Rev. Anita / The Henri Paracord Bracelets Diary. / Our Teachers Always Tell Us They Come 1st Position True Or False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.