Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Is Time To Take My Own Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Time To Take My Own Life (2501 Views)

Is Time Spent On Nairaland Worth It? / Nairalander Takes Own Life Over Tonto Dike / Tanker Driver That Saves Life And Property Risking His Own Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Time To Take My Own Life by bensoonn: 4:55am On Sep 21, 2011
GIVE ME ONE REASON TO LIVE

Hello dear, Save me from already planned suicide dated  (November, 2011) coming from many frustrations of unemployment and lack of opportunities, My dear  am a graduate of Geology and Mineral science, with second class upper. I worked in a place where they were paying me 20,000 naira ,I saw ways of making up to 15,000 naira every day illegitimately in that same organization but I decided to bow out, because that is not who I am. 

Of late I and my  very good friend developed a software known as digital C of O ,which can guarantee the safety of lands  and property owners in the land ,and also we developed State education portal which can help reduced indiscipline and easy manipulation of school results ,but then frustration, hunger and lack of opportunities have marled it all  .   
Lately my 2 sisters little have gotten admission to the universities, every day l receive calls from my parents and

my little sisters  about their going to the university and am killed a million times because of that , I’ve tried many things . I need to work to enable me pay their school fees, am not asking for money to spend on blackberry or expensive life style, no; just asking for an opportunity to prove myself
Am now preparing my ways to exit this troublesome world because l can no more take it, I’ve tried my best as a person. Staying as a virgin at my age, just to make sure that life will not have a reason to withhold any good thing from me has proven otherwise. I’ve paid my dues to make sure that life is smooth, but all to no avail.   

Sincerely am going to commit suicide because of the agony  of life , Dear  am sorry to bother you with my problems but Dear I have not seen a reason to be alive, I beg you give me one reason to be alive.
                                                                                                                                                               Benson
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            bensoonn@gmail.com
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Biggoozz: 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
Hello Ben, pls mail me your phone number to gloriouson@yahoo.com or if you don't mind, leave the number here. I want to talk with u.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by nanidee(f): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
There is definitely no reason to take your life. There are people in worse situations than you. You have made some decisions to abstaim from certain things, why not go through with your decisions.

As you well know, life is not a bed of roses, and its cowardly and stupid to take your ownm life. I hope you know all your efforts of living a decent life will go down the drain by that single act, and you can bet me, hell fire is not the next place you'll love to go after such a "frustrating" life.

I wonder how you can just sit down and decide to take a life you did not create. If everyone who has been in your shoes decides to take their lives, then I wonder how the world would be.

Brace yourself, keep your head up and be focussed. Suicide is never a way out!!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by ajadek(m): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2011
Hi,i have pass throught many chalenges mothan this b4 i cross that bridge, i dont av money to give u, no gold or silver to give bt i pray in the name father the son and the holy spirit.may the blessing from above fall over u, if u can drop ur contact better
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Biggoozz: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Op, while I wait for your number, I assume you are a Christian, check ur bible well, if a man takes his life, he bursts hell rightaway! The best experience in hell is incomparatively worse than the worst experience in life. You are warned o!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Wonder what Nigerian youths are turning into! Let me ask you. What do u think makes life fun? CHALLENGES! ID-IOT!!

Life without challenges is so dull, boring and depressing that's why you hear whites committing suicide cause there are no much challenges in their lives!

Blacks are known to excel in challenging situation and Nigerians are know for their never-say-die approach to life thats why with all the difficulties in our country, we still hope for a better tomorrow.

If you think your situation is the worst, i advise you to pay a visit to a hospital near you - there you will see those wishing they are in your shoes!

you are looking for sympathy! funny! you berra wakeup and face your share of challenges or you  GO FVCK YOURSELF!

You need one reason to live? none bro - Only the tough survive! Go ahead! Commit suicide if that will solve your problem! It will be one looser off - We need the space!

cowardly as-shole!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by yemisolar(m): 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
op i believe greateros gave you the best advice of the whole lot. Though i would not have used some of his words but he said it point blank.

Guy, two things you must know-money will not solve your problem neither will killing yourself. You are a man and what makes a man is that he overcomes obstacles and not run away from them. do you think there is one person out there without a serious issue? What makes it worse is that the money actually comes with greater challenges. I bet you if you live long enough, you will have a lot more reasons to take your life.

A man once told me that the beauty about having money is that it exposes you to problems money cannot solve.

As for your family, i understand your pain but my man, you should only feel bad on things you can but refuse to do. I am like the first born in my own family too but whenever i'm going through a rough patch i let them know i cannot help and it took me years not to feel guilty about it.

Finally i really dont think you want to kill yourself else, you would not be saying it on NL. Nonetheless, dig deep and find the divine direction and strenght on your inside. Pls when you make it dont forget to share it here.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by bamosagie(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Mr Benson don't want to kill himself, he simply needs Job. If indeed he is serious he can contact OBJ to link him up with Boko people. How many person dey give 2 month notice before dem evict demselve for this world.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by amyg(f): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2011
Nov is 2 far nah,
so u want 2 enjoy d suffering thru sept,oct.
B sure 2 refund ur parents ur school fees fr
m nursery 2 uni,NYSC
all d allowee 4 1yr
Buy ur casket
Pay ur morgue fee in advance
Just so u knw u r incurring more debt 4 ur loved 1s by dieing.
&d undertaker,food&drink seller,hospital,police(its suicide)rainmaker etc
stand 2 benefit frm ur death
And yet there's no money
I'll pray 4 u sha
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by doctokwus: 6:10am On Sep 24, 2011
Wat d Op wants are sympathetic ears,no serious pson contemplatin suicide gves a 2mth notice.I bet d op loves more dan some of dose advising him if not wat we av seen is his suicide note.Typical average nigerian:always blives 2moro go betta!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by PointB: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2011
I feel you Op, you seems to be a good writer. I would like to suggest you use the two month notice to start and complete a book on the issue u raised. Add a few fiction to flavour it. If at the end of the project u still think your life is worthless, well no u may need to visit a pyschatrist. AT At any rate, I wont go down without fighting if i were in your shoes.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by lareine(f): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2011
una harsh o! But seriously, people are in much deep shit than you are. I'm sure there's someone envying you that you may not know. You never know what is in stock for you the month after your suicide. Have you heard the story of the great men of our immediate society- Goodluck Jonathan, Pastor Adeboye, Dangote etc.
Do not kill yourself!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by mcnepow(m): 10:39am On Sep 25, 2011
Your degree in geology and mining is not an automatic passport to a good life. I am very sure you have tried your best at succeeding but you haven't succeeded yet (that also does not mean you have failed). There are loads of Nigerians in same situation but are still struggling believing tomorrow would be a better day, don't give up yet - just keep holding on.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by GSyntax(m): 10:58am On Sep 25, 2011
@OP, much as ur situation is critical, I do not tink it's d worst pipl hv experienced. All u need to do now is to look deep inside and ask God 4 wisdom & direction. Do not neglect to take up wateva job dt is within ur reach now, even if it is a teching job in any private Sec Sch arnd ur vicinity, as we r still in Sept & most schs r just resumin now. I suggest u do dis asap. Do not despise ur days of little beginnings. Finally, let u family knw ur financial situatn, & as someone rightly said here, do not feel bad abt wat u cannot do because u did nt hv d means. Trust God & He wil surprise u soon. Neva 4 once say ever. We all await ur success story. Cheers.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Rbaby: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
There is never a set or right time to take one's life. This is because you didn't create your own life. It may seem like you are going through what no man has gone true before but trust me, if you believe, you will not only survive, you will excel and suceed beyond borders. Ask some "big boys" for their stories and you'll be suprised they were just like you years ago.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by manmustwac(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2011
I don't blame you because life in Nigeria is like HELL! And since you youths are all disunited and to cowardly to start a revolution then the only other option is to commit suicide. cry
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by mobf: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2011
manmustwac:

I don't blame you because life in Nigeria is like HELL! And since you youths are all disunited and to cowardly to start a revolution then the only other option is to commit suicide. cry

Then i must assume you're a senile geezer.
What did you do with your wasted youth? let me guess, you were in with Azikiwe and the rest for the struggle to gain independence right?

@OP you're just a retarded cvnt!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by manmustwac(m): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2011
mobf:

Then i must assume you're a senile geezer.
What did you do with your wasted youth? let me guess, you were in with Azikiwe and the rest for the struggle to gain independence right?

@OP you're just a slow cvnt!
When you look at what Nigeria has achieved in the past 51 years you'd think that Nigeria did not deserve her independence there are many people like the OP who are contemplating suicide its just the sweet opium from religion thats keeping them from doing it
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by lareine(f): 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2011
@ op, Abiola used 2hawk, Adeboye didnt have shoes until 18, I'm sure you did. Same goes for our president Goodluck. Bishop Oyedepo used to drive a rickety beetles as a young married man preaching prosperity. The writer of 'Our Daily Manna' devotional, as a professional once contemplated suicide like you. Today these men's success stories are told everywhere. Do you know what they all have in common? Hope. Don't give up. The darkest hour of the night(12midnight)is the closest to morning.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
Now am not going to tell you not to commit suicide. You can commit suicide but be ready to land in hell. Everyone who commit suicide is a murdere with no chance of saying am sorry to baba God before dying, even if you say "God forgive me" before you take your life, you will still land in hell because forgiveness should be asked after sin, but you wont be alive by then.

You can still take your life, I dont discourage people but before you do, read this book: TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO writen by Robert Schuller. Now even the title of the book is a message. Go and take your life but remember that tough times never last but tough people do. And yes before I go, when you've killed yourself which I not against, please help me say hello to the demons in hell and tell them I will never join them.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Iranoladun(f): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2011
If truly you have second class upper in Geology & mineral science drop your email I'd. I will contact you.
Pls do not end your life visit the general hospital close to you and you will see many patients envying your good health. There are people without a degree and they are not planning on ending it but how to better their lot
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by God2man(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2011
Look within yourself. Write a book about what you have spent 5yrs to study, provided you did not buy your way out of the university,if you really sturdy hard to acquire the certificate. Then do not allow the knowledge you have acquired to end in the trash. Remember some student need that knowledge. You can advertise yourself to some parent who want their children to do well in a particular subject for a certain amount. (Home tutor). Think,think, and think again my friend,there are many hidden treasure in you,that is waiting to be explored. Lastly, you need to go for prayer retreat, your problem could be connected to your foundation(how you were born) go for deliverance prayer. Psalm11:3"if the foundation be destroy, what can the righteous do"It should never,never, be ruled out,pray,pray.pray,it works.it really works.God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 29, 2011
Geology and mineral science and u want to kill urself? Ur degree is awesome. Maybe it's time to leave Nigeria and search for greener pastures. U also need therapy. Please don't kill urself. Email me and let's talk and see if there's anything I can do. Thanks.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 29, 2011
Greateros. U are a jerk. U have no clue about the op. If u have nothing to do STFU. Even people with seemingly everything to live for are depressed and take their own life. I know u think u are using tough love reverse psych but abeg stop it. Some people are depressed due to a chemical imbalance and need to be medicated.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by isaleggan: 4:45am On Oct 29, 2011
Benson,

You have a lot of pressure and a lot of responsibility placed on your head by your family.  You feel guilty because you feel it is your duty to pay your younger siblings' school fees, being the big brother and all. 

Fact is, they're not your children.  It's nice you want to help, but it is killing you.  You want to kill yourself because of them?  Call your dad, and tell him it is driving you mad the pressure you feel with all the weight of the family on your head!  Tell him IT IS TOO MUCH!  Seriously, bro, put a stop to this now or you'll do yourself in one way or the other.  Maybe your sisters don't even know how much of a toll this is taking on you.  Tell them the stress and the lack of funds at this time (not that you wanna die o).  You'd be surprised - your dad might be able to get the school fees somewhere else.

Don't you want to live long enough to have your own children? 

What you're feeling is temporary.  Please don't do it.  Don't kill yourself because of life's pressure and a short-lived hardship.  It's not like you did something unforgivable.  I mean, think about it. 

Hang in there and tell anyone who's adding to your pressure to leave you be for a while.  You'd feel so much better when the extra load is lifted from your shoulders, my friend.

You're not alone.  When people don't have a job and money to pay their bills, and they don't see a way out, it can cause a lot of bad thoughts.  There is no reason for you to end it; THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU.  You will find a job and you will be glad you didn't do this.  A relative in Lagos after many years of lack of opportunity just relocated to Abuja.  You may not need to do that.  Maybe all you need is to talk to friends; see where the opportunities are; if you go to church/mosque, let them know you're looking for work; don't be too proud to admit you're unemployed.  We all know how hard Naija is for unemployed graduates and everyone else, really.

Sorry if I repeated myself.  But don't do this, okay? 

Talk to your dad, or whichever of your parents is the more reasonable one.  wink
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by isaleggan: 4:55am On Oct 29, 2011
I wanted to correct something, but we can't modify anymore.

Edit to Add:
I didn't mean to suggest your family put the pressure there. Maybe the pressure is just there because you're a good big brother.

Whatever the case, it's there and it's worse because of your current unemployment.

Take it easy.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by mobf: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2011
ATLgal:

Greateros. U are a jerk. U have no clue about the op. If u have nothing to do STFU. Even people with seemingly everything to live for are depressed and take their own life. I know u think u are using tough love reverse psych but abeg stop it. Some people are depressed due to a chemical imbalance and need to be medicated.

You have got to be joking! do you know how many people are faced with the same burdens the OP has? so now they all need need a shrink!
YOU should STFU n keep watching your much movies. angry
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2011
Yes. People who can't handle it do need mental health help. Thank u very much. A lot more people than u think need a shrink. U think people are monolithic. Wrong. Everyone handles things differently based on genes and life experience. Many people walking the streets of nigeria are a ticking time bomb. Take a look around you.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by Amujale(m): 1:43am On Oct 30, 2011
Everyone at some point experiences some form of stress or anxiety; its what makes us different from robots. Talking about a problem is a good start towards its solution.
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by gotochina: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2011
See format!!! Am sure d guy must av goten a job nw with dis his post. Who says brilliant ideas aren't in Nigeria? Nice one bro. (Lol)
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by UNLEASHED(m): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2011
@OP. . . . Rest in peace!
Re: Is Time To Take My Own Life by sandysprax(m): 2:39am On Dec 25, 2011
Instead of killin urself, volunteer it for the naija great revolution come Jan 2012.

Nigerians!!! awhoooo! awhooooo!! awhoooooo!!! lol grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why People 'glue' Together During Sex: Explaining The Mystery Of 'magun' Scienti / How To Prepare Nigerian Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf (caking Method) / OMG!! Female Soldiers Twerk Hot � [ Watch Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.