Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Keep Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keep Yourself (492 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Yourself by Jackeeh(m): 12:13am On Jul 28, 2014
1 John 5:18b........; "but he who has been born of God KEEPS himself, AND THE WICKED one does not touch him. 19. we know that we are of God, and the WHOLE WORLD LIES under the sway of the wicked one."

I might sound like a broken record if I decide to write about recent happenings in Nigeria and the world at large. So let me not even go there. Brothers and Sisters,we've got work to do. Whether we want to accept it or not,we are living in a world which is under satan's beck and call. satan is the source of wickedness, hatred, fear, sickness, premature deaths, Ebola virus, HIV, rape, murder, greed etc. Not GOD. satan controls this earth( not for long though). Why then should we expect anything short of evil? But in all these, you may ask, is there a God? Oh yes there is. Emphatically, YES there is. Does he care? Oh Yes He does!!! too much. Does that sound so hard to believe? That God cares? To some of you, it might ; cos you've been through so much. Life is so unfair to you. Why did he let me be raped and infected with this fatal infection ? Why didn't he heal my beloved mother of cancer? I'm hungry, doesn't He care? Why did He let me get kicked out of the job? Hmmmmmmmmmm just too many questions!!!! But just one answer. GOD cares. I know you're angry and bitter but ponder on these: Do you care about God? Do you? Do you know God? For real? There's a GOD Almighty. His name is JEHOVAH. And there's satan. Who do you belong to? Dear You can't have it both ways. You can't choose God at your convenience. If you're not for,in and with God, you're at the mercy of satan. You're his toy. he runs the show of your life. We have been instructed to "keep" ourselves. Yea Yea, God's grace and mercy is abundant: I know that but still,you and I have got work to do, KEEP OURSELVES!!! Don't leave anything to chance. Just how do we keep ourselves? Very simple. By having a personal relationship with Our first love. Have you received Jesus into your life? For real? Do you have a personal relationship with him? Do you have His ears and attention? Do you obey His commands? Do you seek Him everyday( and by everyday, I mean everyday)? Or just when you need something from Him? Are you living in Faith? Do you remember Him only when things go rough? When all is well and rosy, do you acknowledge Him? Have you really given Him all the space in your heart? Or you expect Him to manage what little space/time you choose to give Him? Do you really expect Him to share you with someone or something else? Dear reader DO YOU RESPECT GOD? Do you study and meditate on His words? Or you're OK with d little or nothing you hear in church? I could go on and on. Gone are the days when we had to run to our Pastors, Daddies, G.Os, Papas',for prayers and stuff. These are the days when you have to individually know God. I mean, truly know Him in Spirit and in truth. Have a relationship with your Maker. That's how you need to KEEP yourself. I don't care what you feel you've gone through. Before I accepted JESUS, I had it rough too. I had my fair share of ups and downs in life. But now, YES NOW, I know I don't belong here. I know satan controls this world. And Above all, I know who has the final say. And I also know that,now I am born of God, the wicked one can't touch me anymore. Hallelujah!!! And day by day I'm being fixed( yes, It was that bad. I was that bad).Yours might be instant, not gradually like mine. So what are you waiting for? Please Accept JESUS. From personal experience , JESUS can fix you back. Just come back home. No matter how horrible you think you are or how far gone in sin you think you are, just come back home. What do you have to loose? Nothing. You got raped, He can fix you back. satan took away someone you love? (Yes it's satan's method n style cos God doesn't work that way), do you think he's going to stop with just that one he killed? Oh dear he's just giving you time, watching you lash out at God n when he's had his feel, he'll strike again. And this time it may be you. God forbid!!! So what are you waiting for? Accept JESUS and let HIM shield you. He needs your permission to come in. He needs to hear you humble yourself and admit you need Him. Don't fight HIM. Don't insult or mock Him. He's not the enemy here. That's exactly what the real enemy wants you to believe. You're infected with some incurable disease? JESUS can heal you. He healed billions before. He's still healing. He's a respecter of no man. The same yesterday, today and forever. Just believe and don't fear. I've been there so I'm sharing from a personal experience. Don't let the wicked one deceive you and kill you before your time through fear and unbelief. That's what he does. Get to a point in life where the only report that matters in your life is God's report. Please keep yourself. Please come to Jesus. He can do the impossible. He can fix any ugly and hopeless situation. You don't have to ask questions about how He's going to do it. You don't have to search for logic. It doesn't have to make sense to you. Just come to Jesus and you will be shielded from the wicked one and his wicked acts.

1 Like

Re: Keep Yourself by josh001(m): 4:57am On Jul 28, 2014
Until the whole world knows, until all nations are liberated, until all persons are set free, that was the command, Go ye. God bless you

(1) (Reply)

NCTS Awards $300,000 In Scholarship To Nigerians / Belief / Journalist Nicholas Ibekwe Shares Audio Proof Of T.B Joshua Offering Journalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.