Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1353106 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
I leave for work early and get there before 7am. I go to a quiet place and read till 8.

Work starts. Then around midday, i open ETS booklet or Manhattan vocab and peep thru every 10/15mins. I know my brain is picking the words jejely. I stop when work full ground. Like dat on and off.

I close 6pm and join staff bus. I intentionally stopped driving. Coz driving in traffic after work is enervating. While the driver dey drive, i just sleep off, to relax my brain from the day's work. I get home and i use the remaining strength to read from 8:30 - 11:30pm.

This is what i do and its been working for me. I wish i started intensive prep weeks earlier. Its all good sha

Aig84:
Somebody please

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ajibade105(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
[Thank youquote author=believerspraise post=51488606]To all aspiring test takers, applicants and graduate students, I just want to encourage you that if you set your mind to do anything, be determined enough to persevere in-spite of the disappointments you may encounter in the process of striving towards your goal.
I will write in detail in my next post; I have to do that to give back as I have received. If you are reading this right now, the first thing you have to overcome is fear. Fear you might not pass the GRE, fear you might not get the Visa; replace that with faith. Believe you can do it, understand how things work i.e the exam, the visa interview and then prepare yourself. I had a 2.2, 304 on the gre and still got accepted into LSU for MSc Petroleum. I know Graduate admission is competitive; when you have honestly gone as far as your effort can take you, have faith in God.
Hope this helps some one out there. I give God the praise, shortly I'll share the rest.[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by goodemma20(m): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pls someone should add me to the whatsapp group 08164086698
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2016
Ah!! Bolded word "Energy sapping", learnt that recently with the Flashcard App grin. Thanks for the advise tho, basically it is to read consistently at any free time during the week then plan for weekends. I always feel I'm not doing enough.
OGreene:
I leave for work early and get there before 7am. I go to a quiet place and read till 8.

Work starts. Then around midday, i open ETS booklet or Manhattan vocab and peep thru every 10/15mins. I know my brain is picking the words jejely. I stop when work full ground. Like dat on and off.

I close 6pm and join staff bus. I intentionally stopped driving. Coz driving in traffic after work is enervating. While the driver dey drive, i just sleep off, to relax my brain from the day's work. I get home and i use the remaining strength to read from 8:30 - 11:30pm.

This is what i do and its been working for me. I wish i started intensive prep weeks earlier. Its all good sha

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 30, 2016
Thanks a lot, between your advice and OGreene's I think the key is to get something in at any free time. No I haven't picked a test date yet, will pick one at the end of December, I intend writing sometime in January.
happyday:

- Schedule to memorise the GRE vocabs any chance you get during the day. During breaks, while waiting in line, on the bus, in your spare time. >> A GRE Vocab app will be appropriate for this.
- I honestly believe you might have to be resting immediately you return from work, with the condition that you wake up later in the night.>> To work Quant problems, review your mistakes and make sure you don't make the same mistake twice.
- Also, set aside some few hours on weekends to review what you've done during the week. Resist the urge to keep cramming in new material every new week. You've a better chance of retention and application, if you take out time to retreat and review what you've learnt in the outgoing week; for the Vocabs, Quant concepts, and the mistakes you made.

Have you picked a test date?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Shalomated: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2016
Please do add me to the whatsapp group. My number is 07039869333. Thanks.
rasdor:

pls add me to the whatsapp group, 08051585786. and also to the facebook page- rasdor1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ModestGal(f): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2016
pls who knws how to go about doing International passport in Ibadan immigration,what are the requirement and how much?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by baum1: 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
believerspraise:
To all aspiring test takers, applicants and graduate students, I just want to encourage you that if you set your mind to do anything, be determined enough to persevere in-spite of the disappointments you may encounter in the process of striving towards your goal.
I will write in detail in my next post; I have to do that to give back as I have received. If you are reading this right now, the first thing you have to overcome is fear. Fear you might not pass the GRE, fear you might not get the Visa; replace that with faith. Believe you can do it, understand how things work i.e the exam, the visa interview and then prepare yourself. I had a 2.2, 304 on the gre and still got accepted into LSU for MSc Petroleum. I know Graduate admission is competitive; when you have honestly gone as far as your effort can take you, have faith in God.
Hope this helps some one out there. I give God the praise, shortly I'll share the rest.

Guy, nice one, uplifting testimony, praise God.

Is this a funded MSc? And does LSU mean Louisiana State Uni? If yes, then congrats again. Louisiana has a good record for oil company placement whenever the oil industry is good.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
OGreene:

when are you taking the exam pls?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bolisticbond026: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
Guys how preparation at ur various domains i came across this wonderful website during my study and i hope this will enhance our preparations because it teach alot of strategies on how to ace the GRE exam.
The website is www.greenlighttestprep.com best of luck guys.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bayo0502(m): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Somebody shld pls add 08063600008 to the whatsapp group
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by almeida3: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bayo0502:
Somebody shld pls add 08063600008 to the whatsapp group
https:///DLlYDLkkX4I4w8xMTDUlah

Join
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Priceless200(f): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
So who is writing tomorrow... ?
Abuja centre here...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Priceless200(f): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
The Nova's Gre Math Bible no be here ooo.. Everything, damn too bulky. No matter how I tried.still couldn't cover all topics. God help me.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dec 4. But i want to reschedule. BY MAFIT i registered with is saying its late.

fredoricko:

when are you taking the exam pls?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Priceless200(f): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
goodemma20:
Pls can someone use the new national id card to enter the test hall at test day?
No ooo... Please. Anything aside international passport is not allowed, you will just forfeit your money. Please ooo

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
Pls who has rescheduled for the GRE on ETS website before. How did you do it. I need help!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by revenant: 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
How long does it take to get notification from ETS, I register through B.Y MAFIT yesterday, I called today to know why I have not gotten notification, they told me it takes 24hrs. Is that how it is done?.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bayo0502(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
revenant:
How long does it take to get notification from ETS, I register through B.Y MAFIT yesterday, I called today to know why I have not gotten notification, they told me it takes 24hrs. Is that how it is done?.
Pls can i know d amount for d reg?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
revenant:

Don't worry, you'll get the notification.
meanwhile just to be sure, you can give them a call tomao.
I remembered when I registered.... lol
I dey call them every time, so tay the receptionist con know my name. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
Aig84:
Thanks a lot, between your advice and OGreene's I think the key is to get something in at any free time. No I haven't picked a test date yet, will pick one at the end of December, I intend writing sometime in January.
Yeah, great summary! I wish you the best. No problem with a Jan test date, since by Dec ending, you'd be in a better position to know if to write or get a few more weeks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
ModestGal:
pls who knws how to go about doing International passport in Ibadan immigration,what are the requirement and how much?
Hi, I did mine there, sometime late 2015. It was N25k then. Budget N30k now. Just go there with two passport photographs and birth certificate. Approach any of the officers, so he can show you what you need to do, in a faster way, and how to get everything done in time.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
Priceless200:
So who is writing tomorrow... ?
Abuja centre here...
I wish you the best of God, Priceless diva! ETS wants to give you a special new month present smiley Go and conquer. You've come so far, and just like so many of us, you didn't finish ALL of the materials you think you need. But, success isn't by that. I wish you a successful test-taking experience.

And kindly come back to share your test day experience.

All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
OGreene:
Pls who has rescheduled for the GRE on ETS website before. How did you do it. I need help!!
Hi, why do you want to re-schedule? When is your test date?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ModestGal(f): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Aiit sir,thank you very much for the response
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Priceless200(f): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
happyday:

I wish you the best of God, Priceless diva! ETS wants to give kiss you a special new month present smiley Go and conquer. You've come so far, and just like so many of us, you didn't finish ALL of the materials you think you need. But, success isn't by that. I wish you a successful test-taking experience.

And kindly come back to share your test day experience.

All the best!
AMEN!!
Awwwhh.. Thanks for this special prayer. I am conquering Gre come tomorrow. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
More prep for me ooooo
I have read but havent practiced enough

happyday:

Hi, why do you want to re-schedule? When is your test date?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
OGreene:
More prep for me ooooo
I have read but havent practiced enough

Hmm, that's a valid reason then.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Good luck smiley. Please share your experience and strategies with us
after your test.
Tips:
1. Eat light before you leave, I would recommend cereal. You can also
go with snack so you can eat something during your break.
2. Make sure you go with your international passport. Do not arrive too early especially if you
are always nervous like me before a major test.
3. Make sure you use the rest room before the test start. If you have to during the test, it can
either destabilize you or waste part of your time.
4. Try to de-stress if you have any relieving pastime tonight till you write the test. Some like
yoga, others just listen to nice music.

Priceless200:

AMEN!!
Awwwhh.. Thanks for this special prayer. I am conquering Gre come tomorrow. Bless you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ChemEngr01: 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
happyday:

Hi, I did mine there, sometime late 2015. It was N25k then. Budget N30k now. Just go there with two passport photographs and birth certificate. Approach any of the officers, so he can show you what you need to do, in a faster way, and how to get everything done in time.
Local government identification is also very important.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.