Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355978 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chocobere(f): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Same here I am happy I stumbled on this thread. I planned on writing GRE in august with 1 month preparation from what I have read here it's not advisable
obiaguna:
God is good. I have been battling with how to get information regarding GRE but it was all to no avail. Thank God i stumbled upon this thread. I should get to Yaba market and buy those hard copy books. Preparing to write GRE late this year as against next year's admission. Thanks guys.
@DanjaNinja, pls I sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chocobere(f): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
@Danjaninja's your tips on page one of this thread is really helpful and informative. I really need to prepare really well for my GRE I already sent blank mails to those emails. I have kaplan hard cover GRE book, I guess I need to get grubber as well. Thanks again for all this help you giving God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chocobere(f): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Please can anybody in the house add me to the Facebook group
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chocobere(f): 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
I took my time to read this thread from page 0 to page 19. Thanks is to small compared to what sir riddy, danjaninja and others have done and still doing. You all are far too kind.

Please how do I send PM on this platform(NL), @DanjaNinja I need to send you a PM

Good night house as I await replies tomorrow

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicklutz(m): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2015
DanjaNinja:

I understand your plight but it is inadvisable to give out your bank details on an anonymous forum or to anyone you don't trust. That said, i just sent you my phone number. Call me lets see how we can sort this out.
Well said, please do help him out...Tanx
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
chocobere:
Same here I am happy I stumbled on this thread. I planned on writing GRE in august with 1 month preparation from what I have read here it's not advisable

Yup, one month is truly insufficient in preparing for the GRE. Not that its impossible, but I'd recommend a minimum of at least 2 months of intensive study.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
chocobere:
@Danjaninja's your tips on page one of this thread is really helpful and informative. I really need to prepare really well for my GRE I already sent blank mails to those emails. I have kaplan hard cover GRE book, I guess I need to get grubber as well. Thanks again for all this help you giving God bless you

Kaplan excels at Analytic writing but for Quant and Verbal, kaplan is IRRELEVANT.
If you have access to steady power, a laptop or a tablet, you can do without getting Grubber. The soft copy should be sufficient. Thing is for really great scores, you'll be spending most of your time on "Nova and Mahanttan" plus Barrons. Barron's for understanding the fundamentals while Nova and Mahanttan for hard core practice questions. So if you were to get hard copies, i'd recommend updated versions of Mahantan, Nova and Barrons. That's all. grin

P.S: Whats your intended major?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bobority: 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Kaplan excels at Analytic writing but for Quant and Verbal, kaplan is IRRELEVANT.
If you have access to steady power, a laptop or a tablet, you can do without getting Grubber. The soft copy should be sufficient. Thing is for really great scores, you'll be spending most of your time on "Nova and Mahanttan" plus Barrons. Barron's for understanding the fundamentals while Nova and Mahanttan for hard core practice questions. So if you were to get hard copies, i'd recommend updated versions of Mahantan, Nova and Barrons. That's all. grin

@DanjaNinja kindly add me to the GRE fb group thanx a bunch
bim1chic@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by obiaguna(m): 8:04am On Jun 29, 2015
chocobere:

Hey, have you started preparing?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chocobere(f): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
obiaguna:

Hey, have you started preparing?

No i haven't ooo lipsrsealed cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chocobere(f): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
DanjaNinja:

thanks a lot i appreciate smiley grin cheesy
information systems security/ information technology security

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Drfarouk427: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good day. Please someone add me to the Facebook gre group.
Farouk_abdullahi@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by obiaguna(m): 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
chocobere:

No i haven't ooo lipsrsealed cry

Lol I pm'd you. Starting today by his grace.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Hmmmm. The recent rise in group invitation errors is quite baffling. Permit me to ask, are you certain "slot440@yahoo.com" is ur facebook account email?

Yes bro. That's my fb email

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicklutz(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
A friend of mine, cant see any payment method on he's gre acc after picking a date, Wat can he do...he has a PayPal acc..response pls
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bhjedi: 12:29am On Jul 01, 2015
Nicklutz:
A friend of mine, cant see any payment method on he's gre acc after picking a date, Wat can he do...he has a PayPal acc..response pls

Thats very weird. What is he using? A Pc or a Mobile Phone? If he's using a Pc, tell him to switch browsers. Try Chrome or Firefox.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bhjedi: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2015
chocobere:

thanks a lot i appreciate smiley grin cheesy
information systems security/ information technology security

A Nigerian,female computer geek! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by vtsouthpaw(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Good morning guys!!! I ve sent blank mail to dt email add given to get d gre materials and I ve nt received it til now. Someone pls help ya brother nw. Thnkx!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicklutz(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
bhjedi:

Thats very weird. What is he using? A Pc or a Mobile Phone? If he's using a Pc, tell him to switch browsers. Try Chrome or Firefox.
he used firefox n chrome for it, still nothing.. The seat he selected,date and time came up, but no option for payment on the page.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nicklutz:
he used firefox n chrome for it, still nothing.. The seat he selected,date and time came up, but no option for payment on the page.

He should use Windows Internet Explorer. ETS recommended this to me as the best for their website. Avoid Safari or Mac Devices.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by neahyo(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
Good day bros, I sent a blank message to your mail but i haven't seen any reply
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rkarang: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
How can one who has a problem with different cards for ordering one's GRE result to be sent to one's preferred school go about it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicklutz(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2015
deleyi20:

He should use Windows Internet Explorer. ETS recommended this to me as the best for their website. Avoid Safari or Mac Devices.
Used Explorer here is a screen shot

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Nicklutz:
Used Explorer here is a screen shot

Are you sure your IE security setting isn't blocking pop-ups from the page? Click to allow pop ups...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicklutz(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
deleyi20:

Are you sure your IE security setting isn't blocking pop-ups from the page? Click to allow pop ups...
Turned on the pop ups, still the same as the last page...or should he re register?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nicklutz:
Turned on the pop ups, still the same as the last page...or should he re register?

Yes, he should start the process all over again
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicklutz(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
deleyi20:

Yes, he should start the process all over again
Sorry for too much question oo, he just told me they told him he's already a registered member...he even tried using another e-mail.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobami: 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
pLS, I SIGNED UP TO WRITE THE GRE EXAMS FOR THE 1st of August, how do i change my exam date?
i would want to be added to the facebook platform, MY EMAIL IS CYNTHIAELLAS@YAHOO.COM
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
lobami:
pLS, I SIGNED UP TO WRITE THE GRE EXAMS FOR THE 1st of August, how do i change my exam date?
i would want to be added to the facebook platform, MY EMAIL IS CYNTHIAELLAS@YAHOO.COM
If you wish to reschedule the test, log in to your GRE account ,you should see the option, but note that you will be charged 50 dollars...... www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/faq
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Following with keen interest
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nicklutz:
Sorry for too much question oo, he just told me they told him he's already a registered member...he even tried using another e-mail.

I'm sorry for my late reply, I was in a terrible traffic since. I'll advice he sends an email to them and explain his situation thoroughly to them. They may suggest to call him and he gives them his Visa Card details to enrol him
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
deracathy:
Following with keen interest

That Smile tho'. You're Beautiful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.